EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #211
Raiwon

Loremaster

This is a really good announcement ,cause its just shows they are trying to fix itemization.

At this point theres no need for slowing the progression with cm,especialy if its destroying some of the more interesting aspects like allowing more customisation.

We only need back our multiple stats now, and this change could potentialy lead into restoring eq2 to its former glory.

Raiwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #212
Cyrim

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Silius wrote:

Just to clarify some confusion.

• Crit mit as a mechanic is being removed. 
  • NPC crit bonus was countered by crit mit and we are reducing crit bonus to 0 across the board. 
  • Critical avoidance is staying around. Critical avoidance is an NPCs way of contesting your chance to critically hit them. 
  • Replacing the adornments with HP is not to compensate for anything. Since the critical mitgiation stat is no longer useful we are converting to a stat that benefits all players.
  • The goal is for this change to not change the difficulty of the encounters. This is why we ask that you all take some time to log on to test once we push it there. We plan on having this on test by the weekend.

Note: NPC crit bonus may be used in the future on a case by case bases and will be considered in the balance of the encounter so that crit mit is not required.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to PM me.

Y'all really need to rethink hit points as a substitute for all players. As a raid healer I don't go ANY damage, I just heal and cure, well mostly cure, which is another discussion. I would much rather have my shards and plat back to get something useful.

You should be casting damage spells in between AEs. That is a lot of deadspace wasted if all you're doing is spamming heals and cures.

Cyrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #213
ObsidianNightmare

Loremaster

Cyrim wrote:

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Silius wrote:

• Crit mit as a mechanic is being removed. 
  • NPC crit bonus was countered by crit mit and we are reducing crit bonus to 0 across the board. 
  • Critical avoidance is staying around. Critical avoidance is an NPCs way of contesting your chance to critically hit them. 
  • Replacing the adornments with HP is not to compensate for anything. Since the critical mitgiation stat is no longer useful we are converting to a stat that benefits all players.
  • The goal is for this change to not change the difficulty of the encounters. This is why we ask that you all take some time to log on to test once we push it there. We plan on having this on test by the weekend.

Note: NPC crit bonus may be used in the future on a case by case bases and will be considered in the balance of the encounter so that crit mit is not required.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to PM me.

Y'all really need to rethink hit points as a substitute for all players. As a raid healer I don't go ANY damage, I just heal and cure, well mostly cure, which is another discussion. I would much rather have my shards and plat back to get something useful.

You should be casting damage spells in between AEs. That is a lot of deadspace wasted if all you're doing is spamming heals and cures.

+1. Plus who really specs for HP anymore.. HP is not an equal exchange.  HP is useful when you a hitting a zone for the first time an expac comes out with a boost to the difficulty.  After a few weeks.. its almost totally irrelevant save for a few key classes.

ObsidianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #214
Davngr1

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Davngr1 wrote:

thank you.

hope to see gear checks in the future be based on performance ie. dps checks and "skill checks" like VS (rok) or something along those lines that rewards focus and timing.

VS wasn't a skill check.

Monitoring your power isn't a skill. It's being able to see and read a percentage on your power bar.

sure..   just looking at your power isn't skill you're right BUT top parsing that fight (like i did) while keeping your power in check and watching for detrimental effects along with adjusting so a possible fear would not leave you dead/out of range is indeed skill..

that's why people cried to have it nerfed because they DIDN'T posses said "skill"  and rightfully so since that mob was way to early in progression it should have been a VP encounter.

edit.

to add, if anyone thinks this is a bad move you should rethink the current state of the game.   one stat should not make or break any one player, that's boring.   with critt mitt gone it will open up for other less obvious criteria for what a player is..  not just a number or you can't join, sorry.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #215
Gash
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Empire of the Shadow

Loremaster

Silius wrote:

lol grats necros?

Gash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #216
donellan

Loremaster

giving us generic adornments across the board as compensation to me is the same to me as saying i place no value on your time and am now replacing current monetary subscription payment with trident layers gum

donellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #217
Segel

Loremaster

I really, really, really, really just want my shards back.  I don't want the HP.

Let me make that decision, please.

Retirer of Vazaelle (retired)
and Faydark (retired)
Beware my approach, for I shall retire your server too...

...OMG i just retired Runnyeye...

/eye Splitpaw ...

on to Oasis...
Segel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #218
Elquinjena

Huntress

First I would like to state that I am not a "raider" but I do enjoy being able to go on raids from time to time.

I worked my butt off to get Rygorr and then the adornments needed to get my crit mit up to a respectable level so I could servive when I went on a few raids. I did the best I could, on my own, to at least get my toon geared up enough that I would not be a big liability to a raid group that I found my self in. I was able to get a few higher end pieces as well so I was gearing up above Rygorr as I could . I Enjoy seeing new places, and in order to do so I had to get my Crit mit up. Fine I can learn a new system of what is needed NOW to join a raid ( not Drunder so don't worry you people who think rygorr armored people suck even though I bet you wore some until you got better gear ). The thing that gets my hackles up is just throwing HP on a object I worked many hours to get. IF I had not HAD to get Crit mit adornments for my gear I would have gotten other ones, maybe to increase my dps, mulit attack etc. HP across the board is not a good answer. and to the person who says suck it up, its just shards...that's nice for you that shards rain every day on your toon to the point where they are nothing that you worry about or are concerned about when it comes to getting more shards. Let us have our shards and plat back to decide what we truly need on our current gear! OR allow us to trade them back for something for fitting for our classes and or playing styles. Give us back a small choice in this at least, in our game play.

Antonia Bayle Server - EQII Legion of Kithicor
Elquinjena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #219
Segel

Loremaster

donellan wrote:

giving us generic adornments across the board as compensation to me is the same to me as saying i place no value on your time and am now replacing current monetary subscription payment with trident layers gum

Don, you are lolz

gesel

Retirer of Vazaelle (retired)
and Faydark (retired)
Beware my approach, for I shall retire your server too...

...OMG i just retired Runnyeye...

/eye Splitpaw ...

on to Oasis...
Segel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #220
Deago

Loremaster

donellan wrote:

That is some pretty good chewing gum SMILEY

Old 02-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #221
Brin

Philosopher

If people would actually use the Crit Mit Adorns none of this would be necessary. The issue is 90% of players focus on increasing their DPS by 1% rather than increasing their CM by 5%. Might as well play Go Fish, at least it takes some thought to win. This change will likely end my 12 year run with the Everquest series.

P.S. I guess in the mean time I can toss all my HM Gear that has less HPs, Mitigation, Multiattack and Potency than EM Drunder? Nice Work!

Brin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #222
Animia
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Tainted

Loremaster

To Smite (I think it was), as I stated...it was an indication...not a rule.

Everything else you said, I either agree with, disagree with, or don't care enough to respond to, because the point of my thread was to let SoE know that this appeasments (sp?) to some people, makes the majority of players upset, because of the time, energy and plat spent on their toons, to better them.

I don't speak for anyone, other than myself, and this change upsets me because I worked hard for the crit mit that I have, and I don't want to lose something I had to work for, for something they will be giving me.  As a necromancer, I also fear that giving us hit point adorns, is going to end up with us having our lifeburn nerfed, and we will be back to being "broken" due to all the nerfing that will come from this "change"...

Again, just my personal opinion, and something written hastily, due to being p'd off...But my biggest complaint here is that since DoV was realeased, we've all been working towards crit mit, etc...and Now, you're going to take it away?  SoE didn't realize in the whole scheme of things that this would happen?  Again, "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...we have mercs now!" just doesn't cut it, and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

*butcherblock server~~dragon's den
Animia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #223
KNINE

Loremaster

I would just like to see all this conversation SJ was saying he was hearing from the community.. I think he was hearing how messed up gear was.. so put in SC items.. how messed up encounters were.. so put in SC homes...now removing crit mit from game entirely..Watch for the next big SC items on the market lol...

would like to have links to all these said posts or converstaions as I do not think they exist and if they do I bet 99% of the people are the F2P peeps who want everything handed to them..

KNINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #224
General_Info

Lord

KNINE wrote:

I would just like to see all this conversation SJ was saying he was hearing from the community.. I think he was hearing how messed up gear was.. so put in SC items.. how messed up encounters were.. so put in SC homes...now removing crit mit from game entirely..Watch for the next big SC items on the market lol...

would like to have links to all these said posts or converstaions as I do not think they exist and if they do I bet 99% of the people are the F2P peeps who want everything handed to them..

So you expect the devs to keep track of which posts they've read from the community and post them knowing full well they wont. also re-read what he said:

SmokeJumper wrote:

We’ve listened to all of your conversations since Critical Mitigation was originally introduced. The dev team has extensively debated about it internally. (Very extensively.) But ultimately, we decided that the right move for EQII is to remove Critical Mitigation entirely from the game. Critical Mitigation initially seemed to do what it was designed for, but it has always suffered from a complete lack of intuitiveness for players, and it’s not a forward-extensible system. Ultimately, it doesn’t add any fun factor to the game.

*gasp* you mean they are doing things in a computer game to make it more FUN?

If people find having the CM system challenging and fun at the same time then they should seriously consider alternative options, CM removed, no challegening fun? hook up with people of like mind and work out between yourselves new ways of making content challeging such as equiping less then optimal gear so more damage is taken, spells and abilities take longer to cast etc, etc

there is nothing stopping you from making content challenging. If you can't be bothered to make soem content volentarily challeging to fit your own style of fun then why should the devs force that style on others?

If you want challenge make it challenging for yourself and your friend of likemind and leave the rest of us to our own devices.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #225
random7

Loremaster

So because people aren't able to raid hard mode content in rygorr gear, it's time to remove critical mitigation from gear. Now folks with trashy gear will expect, nay demand that they be allowed to raid hm content and win also. Soon hm raid mobs will lose 30% of their hp, will start announcing what they will cast soon and there will be no adds. I have the feeling SWTOR is hitting them hard now.

random7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #226
Illmarr

Loremaster

General_Info wrote:

KNINE wrote:

So you expect the devs to keep track of which posts they've read from the community and post them knowing full well they wont. also re-read what he said:

SmokeJumper wrote:

We’ve listened to all of your conversations since Critical Mitigation was originally introduced. The dev team has extensively debated about it internally. (Very extensively.) But ultimately, we decided that the right move for EQII is to remove Critical Mitigation entirely from the game. Critical Mitigation initially seemed to do what it was designed for, but it has always suffered from a complete lack of intuitiveness for players, and it’s not a forward-extensible system. Ultimately, it doesn’t add any fun factor to the game.

*gasp* you mean they are doing things in a computer game to make it more FUN?

If people find having the CM system challenging and fun at the same time then they should seriously consider alternative options, CM removed, no challegening fun? hook up with people of like mind and work out between yourselves new ways of making content challeging such as equiping less then optimal gear so more damage is taken, spells and abilities take longer to cast etc, etc

there is nothing stopping you from making content challenging. If you can't be bothered to make soem content volentarily challeging to fit your own style of fun then why should the devs force that style on others?

If you want challenge make it challenging for yourself and your friend of likemind and leave the rest of us to our own devices.

I didn't realize there was a single monolithic definition of fun and everyone who doesn't adhere to the one you seem to set down from on High should just Get The F. Out. Thanks for enlightening me.

Hell, let's make all content doable at level one in a newbie tunic and rusty sword. That way while people are taking off their gear to create a challenge no one who doesn't want to do so will have to and still be able to claim "I win EQ2"

More bread and circuses for all

Illmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #227
General_Info

Lord

random7 wrote:

So because people aren't able to raid hard mode content in rygorr gear, it's time to remove critical mitigation from gear. Now folks with trashy gear will expect, nay demand that they be allowed to raid hm content and win also. Soon hm raid mobs will lose 30% of their hp, will start announcing what they will cast soon and there will be no adds. I have the feeling SWTOR is hitting them hard now.

You sound like an alarmist and you seem to think that the devs are swayed easily.

It wouldn't surprise me if you are an embittered vet not paying SOE a dime and going on about how great TOR is to those that will listen.

If you want hard undergear yourself instead of running around in that top level stuff downgrade a bit, all CM did was add another barrier for new players coming in.

[email protected] wrote:

I didn't realize there was a single monolithic definition of fun and everyone who doesn't adhere to the one you seem to set down from on High should just Get The F. Out. Thanks for enlightening me.

Hell, let's make all content doable at level one in a newbie tunic and rusty sword. That way while people are taking off their gear to create a challenge no one who doesn't want to do so will have to and still be able to claim "I win EQ2"

CM being added affects everyone everyone had to sacrifice something in that, now that it is being removed people can move back liek before or change the way they play so that they find the stuff they do fun.

CM was forced on everyone now that it is being removed those that liked the challenge can make up their own ways of making it challenging by nerfing themselves.

It's alright for people to be nerfed as long as it's SOE doing it? but suddenly if you have to nerf yourself while others choose not to that is somehow wrong?

If you want the challenge when your gear makes it easy then get less effective gear.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #228
Mikai
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Lost Faith

Loremaster

Wengchun wrote:

For those of us that spent a ton of plat on adorns and reforging to make mechanics manageable the cookiecutter answer here should probobly just read " Sorry for the inconvenience and time spent but we have no intention of compensating our core players for their time and effort wasted by this change, heres some apperance armor or a house item for your trouble". I doubt this is anything more than an effort to allow more ftp people access to more difficult content to draw them into subscriptions. This would have been a relevant change months ago but now its basically just a kick in the teeth for alot of us.

What waste?  Those adornments served their purpose.  They allowed you to progress through zones in accordance with the mechanics in the game at the time.  When you got new gear and had to pay to replace adornments, did you complain about the "waste" and whine that you should get your adornments back?  When you had to get new gear each expansion, was that such a big slight on the dedicated raiding playerbase?  Every mechanics change has had people whining that they shouldn't have to do x when they just finished doing y to progress in current content.  This is just the same and HP, while not the most desired, is the nearest reasonable, across-the-board equivilent.

This change would not have been any different months ago either.  Crit Mit has been a required stat for several expansions.  It would have been a "kick in the teeth" any time after people started acquiring crit mit in order to progress.  It was something they tried, it had its run, and now has been determined to prove unnecessary and unwieldly.

And I don't buy that this will allow any joe schmoe in legendary gear to step foot in Drunder HM.  They specified that the goal is to not reduce the difficulty of the encounters.  There will still be dps checks, required jousts, and other scripts and mechanics to keep the challenge intact.  It's likely that we'll be going back to a system where resistances are the primary means of mitigating damage.  However they go about doing it, I'm sure there will be bugs to work out, but we won't be seeing noobs easily acquiring Hard Mode gear.

Kaidia
Mikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #229
Necrotherian
Server: Najena
Guild: Forgotten Abyss

Loremaster

ObsidianNightmare wrote:

I'm with those that say if this does go through, the right thing to do is to refund shards that were used to purchase crit mit adorns.

I agree.  Immediately after those that gained plat via SLR refund it and after all the gear that was earned with those adornments on gets given to an NPC that should be created for just that purpose.

"But I earned all that stuff!" you might say.  To which I would reply that you got use out of the crit mit adorns and therefore are not entitled to a refund.

Do you get a refund on the gear that you stopped wearing once you got your current gear?  Nope.  You got use out of it, therefore you aren't entitled to a refund of it.

Should you get a refund on the adornments?  If you have not used the gear since you put the adornments on, then I would say you have a case.  If you have used it even once, then you shouldn't be entitled to a refund.

That's just my 2 plats worth.  Agree or disagree as you choose.

Necrotherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:14 AM   #230
ObsidianNightmare

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

ObsidianNightmare wrote:

I'm with those that say if this does go through, the right thing to do is to refund shards that were used to purchase crit mit adorns.

I agree.  Immediately after those that gained plat via SLR refund it and after all the gear that was earned with those adornments on gets given to an NPC that should be created for just that purpose.

"But I earned all that stuff!" you might say.  To which I would reply that you got use out of the crit mit adorns and therefore are not entitled to a refund.

Do you get a refund on the gear that you stopped wearing once you got your current gear?  Nope.  You got use out of it, therefore you aren't entitled to a refund of it.

Should you get a refund on the adornments?  If you have not used the gear since you put the adornments on, then I would say you have a case.  If you have used it even once, then you shouldn't be entitled to a refund.

Take your hangups about SLR to another thread ..  You don't gain Shards without being present at the time of the kill.  People coming in to buy the gear do not get a shard with their loot. 

After 6 years of raiding, I've stopped commiting to 4-5 day a week schedules since it is no longer fun and worth the commitment to me.  Crit Mit was not the reason I stopped but maybe I might do a pickup or raid with a friends guild from time to time.  So, I still play this game and I do hope there is at least an exchange merchant available if not a refund of some kind so that I can obtain the adornments for the gear that I did earn which is still relavant to the rest of the game probably for some time to come.  Since I was forced to get the crit mit adorns to be relavant to the content it was meant for and since I wont be getting an influx of any new shards, I'd like to use them for other purposes, simple as that.  It's the right thing to do.

ObsidianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #231
Illmarr

Loremaster

General_Info wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

CM being added affects everyone everyone had to sacrifice something in that, now that it is being removed people can move back liek before or change the way they play so that they find the stuff they do fun.

CM was forced on everyone now that it is being removed those that liked the challenge can make up their own ways of making it challenging by nerfing themselves.

It's alright for people to be nerfed as long as it's SOE doing it? but suddenly if you have to nerf yourself while others choose not to that is somehow wrong?

If you want the challenge when your gear makes it easy then get less effective gear.

The challenge isn't found in gimping yourself. If you don't get that the whole idea of fun and progression for a segment of the population is improving yourself to overcome the next challenge, then nothing I can say to you will make a bit of difference.

I wish you well

Illmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #232
Lempo

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

Well there are those people that actually pay attention to what they are doing, where they are going and actually have 2 or more yellow and red crit mit adorns that they bought for the SPECIFIC purpose of putting it on gear that they might get in raid, so when they loot it they adorn it and don it right then, right there. I have (2) 5's and (2) 7's I may or may not need them now, at a minimum those should be allowed as trade-in, I didn't buy HP adorns, I don't need them, I don't know how much health that I would gain from the HP adorns they are going to replace them with. If I have a crit mit adorn I should be able to chose my replacement. This is going to go live soon, like next Tuesday or Thursday soon, he was absolutely rabid, foaming at the mouth when he made this post, it will not be tested thoroughly and there are going to be issues. It could go either way, and only affect certain mobs, say you are working HM Tormax, and Mikill gets bugged, unkillable by this, zone broken and you miss 2 maybe 3 or more days of being able to work on King T. The alternate could also happen, it could make some mobs trivially easy, casuing them to yank the mob from the game because it is not behaving as intended, same scenario.

I'ts coming, there is no doubt about that, and I'm sure for a lot of people the opinion is "it can't get here soon enough" but they need to let this have more than a week on test, and it needs to be seriously QA'd and then QA'd again before being shoved onto the live servers.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:01 AM   #233
Halo of G4

Loremaster

Remember when Crit Mit wasn't part of the game? Remember how great that was?

I remember when TSO was out, a lot of people didn't like the idea, but it seemed fair as a way to upgrade from RoK tier gear. Well tbh it got out of hand, and a lot and a LOT of people didn't like the idea altogether.  I for one can't wait for the removal of Crit mit.

Added Raid Zone:

The Goldrush: Dwell into the depths of RED base to defeat the Heavy, a powerful foe that even the Nameless fears.

Halo of G4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:08 AM   #234
General_Info

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

The challenge isn't found in gimping yourself. If you don't get that the whole idea of fun and progression for a segment of the population is improving yourself to overcome the next challenge, then nothing I can say to you will make a bit of difference.

I wish you well

I understand the idea of advancement why do you think we level? if CM was in from the very start of the game i might agree with you however it wasn't and keeping it around just makes it harder for newer player to get rolling.

Progression always ends. It doesn't matter how long you play you'll eventually reach the end 'top gear' CM was just a tagged on part to up the difficulty without thinking of the consequences for new people.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:33 AM   #235
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I wish you well

I agree completely that progression and gear/stat-improvement as an aim for players is a major form of fun for people. I however concur with those who say that crit mit was a complete disaster as a mechanism and we are all, long term should there be one, better off without it. Its silly and counterintuitive.. its maths for maths sake with no sense of being a mechanism that makes sense in the world.

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:43 AM   #236
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

Brin wrote:

If people would actually use the Crit Mit Adorns none of this would be necessary. The issue is 90% of players focus on increasing their DPS by 1% rather than increasing their CM by 5%. Might as well play Go Fish, at least it takes some thought to win. This change will likely end my 12 year run with the Everquest series.

P.S. I guess in the mean time I can toss all my HM Gear that has less HPs, Mitigation, Multiattack and Potency than EM Drunder? Nice Work!

I am using crit mit and resent the fact that I can't take the time to think about what adorns will help me to maximise my dps because of being forced to buy adorns that only give you 5% making it neccesary to put them on  ALL the armour I get. I am tired of struggling to keep up with Bards and such as a Ranger when I should be up there near the top all becuase of the stupid mechanic of having to waste adornment spots to survive when I could be THINKING about which adorns would help maximize my dps and how much damage I do.  

you are right about one thing this is Nice Work on thier part.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:53 AM   #237
Charmaine_Squishybritchez

Loremaster

when crit mit came on the scene it changed the whole dynamic of the game, but only for that expansion and higher.... and I was good with it. Then we went from multi-stat to primary stat, which to be honest, only affected game content with THAT expansion and higher... ok, got it. Then we needed REDICULOUS amounts of crit mit to take a single aoe in raid, so we worked at it and progressed. Now that's going away and we will be GIVEN a stat in its place. Uncool SJ. Take the CM, fine. Give whatever stat you want in its place, but only to replace what was originally on the armor. If we put a CM adornment on the armor, its because it was nessasary. my suggestion is to unadorn our yellow and red CM jewels and put a red or yellow adornment token in our currency tab, redeemable at your friendly neighborhood adornment merchant for a red or yellow of our choice. this negates the need for extra npcs and appeases the masses. Just whatever you do, have it affect ALL the content. In other words, make the progression of gear and mobs even from noob land all the way through to drunder x4 and beyond. Bring back the game we all fell in love with and screw the gimme gimmies. If we wanted the score to be fun to fun, we would be playing WoW. Thanks for giving me an open forum to rant!

Charmaine_Squishybritchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:07 AM   #238
garchy

i think its a carebear idea, i i dont rember being invted to thes " talks " you guys had and thers about 1000 other ppl that wernt invited eather. if you dint like the idea about cm why did you guys put it in it. now all of a suden 3 years later you whant to remove it. what about the ppl that work ther butt off to get it. its a DUM idea and if ppl are worryed about cm go play WoW. so ther now you heard my side. but it looks like you guys dont care about the ppl that whant cm in the game so stop lieing. its what the carebears whant and the little girls.

garchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:31 AM   #239
apwyork

Loremaster

garchy wrote:

i think its a carebear idea, i i dont rember being invted to thes " talks " you guys had and thers about 1000 other ppl that wernt invited eather. if you dint like the idea about cm why did you guys put it in it. now all of a suden 3 years later you whant to remove it. what about the ppl that work ther butt off to get it. its a DUM idea and if ppl are worryed about cm go play WoW. so ther now you heard my side. but it looks like you guys dont care about the ppl that whant cm in the game so stop lieing. its what the carebears whant and the little girls.

Pretty much once you used the term "carebear" you've already convinced 98% of the people that nothing you say is important.

This is another attempt to enable players to partake in more of the end-game content.  What most of the ones claiming this idea sucks don't realize is that a large number of players who would like to do raid content are not able to simply because they can't get the gear it takes.  Unless a raid is willing to run the earlier instances to gear up new raiders, they have no method to do so unless they flat out buy loot rights and that defeats the whole "earn the gear" arguement.

apwyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:58 AM   #240
FreaklyCreak

Loremaster

THE SKY IS FALLING....

Wait, there is still Critical Avoidance on mobs to break the sky's fall!