EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-13-2011, 04:02 AM   #31
Twinbladed
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

It's dumb idea because look at what they have been doing. Look at over time has happen. Raid zones even before NERFED, to make it easier, I have never seen soe come out and say oh these zones are impossible by the way, so we will nerf it down for you, every xpac gets easier and easier, hand outs basically. It was the players idea to make a alt and they should have to redo all the same things again or don't make one. No one goes into this game head on unless they just started. The player's mind sets have completely changed. Regular zones or Raid, still the same concept no one who actually worked for there gear should have to seen someone else get it when it becomes a nerfed out idea. People already paid there way for good gear, why would they just add to easymode. If you spent months trying to get or kill something, then all of a sudden a huge nerf in the game comes an everyone can now do it, does that not make you feel like all that work was for nothing? Maybe I'm just "oldschool" about it. The player base has changed, pve and pvp. I can see a lot more of the Hardcore players about to find a new game.

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:22 AM   #32
Daggster

Loremaster

I don't see it "easier" to get Ry'Gorr now, just less-boring. If the game needs to be boring to be "fun", I'm not interested... Now you either farm for plat (yawn), or go get the gems to get Ry'Gorr. Before the change you either farmed for shards (yawn) and plat (double yawn), or farmed for shards (yawn) and went to get the gems. The ppl that have the plat to just buy the gems off the broker and not go broke by doing it, won't really be affected by this change. Those ppl ran thru KD/Rime/ToFS dominance in 80/60/40 minutes respectively already. Or they farmed for plat, what's the difference, farm for plats or shard, it's still "work"...

Time consuming isn't the equivivalent of "hard" in my book. It's not hard running in tow of ry'gorr/drunder geared ppl thru instances to get shards. This change might have made it so that ppl need to learn to play their char and have effort doing the instances (*) to get their jewelry/weapons instead of running behind ppl farming shards to gear their alt. Autofollow isn't effort even if it might take a whopping 20 minutes (**) to do ascent that way :p

(*) just like ppl had to before everyone and their dog had full ry'gorr and KD/Drunder/ToFS x2 or better jewellery, but were still running the instances to, you guessed, farm the shards

(**) instead of maybe an hour or maybe even 2, or maybe even fail finishing, because you don't have those shard-farmers to fast forward you thru

Daggster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:15 AM   #33
Twinbladed

Loremaster

Daggster wrote:

I don't see it "easier" to get Ry'Gorr now, just less-boring. If the game needs to be boring to be "fun", I'm not interested... Now you either farm for plat (yawn), or go get the gems to get Ry'Gorr. Before the change you either farmed for shards (yawn) and plat (double yawn), or farmed for shards (yawn) and went to get the gems. The ppl that have the plat to just buy the gems off the broker and not go broke by doing it, won't really be affected by this change. Those ppl ran thru KD/Rime/ToFS dominance in 80/60/40 minutes respectively already. Or they farmed for plat, what's the difference, farm for plats or shard, it's still "work"...

Time consuming isn't the equivivalent of "hard" in my book. It's not hard running in tow of ry'gorr/drunder geared ppl thru instances to get shards. This change might have made it so that ppl need to learn to play their char and have effort doing the instances (*) to get their jewelry/weapons instead of running behind ppl farming shards to gear their alt. Autofollow isn't effort even if it might take a whopping 20 minutes (**) to do ascent that way :p

(*) just like ppl had to before everyone and their dog had full ry'gorr and KD/Drunder/ToFS x2 or better jewellery, but were still running the instances to, you guessed, farm the shards

(**) instead of maybe an hour or maybe even 2, or maybe even fail finishing, because you don't have those shard-farmers to fast forward you thru

So what's the point of PQ's now? So many people were already buying there gear because the /yawn you keep talking about, if you don't want to earn anything in the game with effort then why play? There are more zones in this game than ascent, and as far as time consuming goes, your basically saying raids should be shorter, heritage quest should be just as long as a regular quest, tradeskills and levels should be a lot shorter, effort verse reward should no longer be a requirement in the game? Even if the gear is not of the highest par, it doesn't mean it should be basically free.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:42 AM   #34
Questall
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: The Eternal

Lord

Soooo....is it worth running drunder content just to get the drunder gear (from Brontis recipes, made from drunder ore)???

I mean....u need at least 3 fabled pieces from any drunder dungeon to make ONE drunder piece (a conversion I DO NOT understand, btw.....isnt drunder gear already the best gear???why would u wanna give up at least 4 fabled pieces to make 1 legendary????Given that u can amass three pieces in one run....???)

Suppose u can even get there....when is SOE going to hand it out for free?

And on topic : i can understand u need more people to run end content, but making people pay 40 shards, then 25 shards per piece at first and then changing it "for free" will ultimately chase players off, resulting in still not enough people to run end content. 

Old 10-13-2011, 06:17 AM   #35
Golbezz

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

So what's the point of PQ's now? So many people were already buying there gear because the /yawn you keep talking about, if you don't want to earn anything in the game with effort then why play? There are more zones in this game than ascent, and as far as time consuming goes, your basically saying raids should be shorter, heritage quest should be just as long as a regular quest, tradeskills and levels should be a lot shorter, effort verse reward should no longer be a requirement in the game? Even if the gear is not of the highest par, it doesn't mean it should be basically free.

I doubt people will bother with PQ's anymore which makes me wonder if the red adorns from the PQ chest might end up on the gnoll adorn vendor on the dock.

PQ random quality drops were a terrible gear handout idea anyway and I have always hated token system looting. Move instance gear upgrades back to chest drops with actual gear (no more shard gear and shards are for adorns only), stop the PQ gear handouts with future content because it just encourages players to overpower the encounter by getting as many players as possible into 1 area (think of the spire even raid kills).

If SOE wants players to run the group content make the full gear set drop in the zones, in chests that can be looted and worn right away. I really don't want to see anymore of this BS "loot these items, melt them down to make those" or grab shards and gems to make armor. This is mostly why I rarely group and my alts get mostly raid gear that is not needed by mains in raid. At least SOE got the raid drops right by leaving the token system out of those, other than yellow adorns on raid gear forcing minimal group zone shard farming.

Golbezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:25 AM   #36
Daggster

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

1) So what's the point of PQ's now? 2) So many people were already buying there gear because the /yawn you keep talking about, if you don't want to earn anything in the game with effort then why play? 3) There are more zones in this game than ascent, 4) and as far as time consuming goes, your basically saying raids should be shorter, heritage quest should be just as long as a regular quest, tradeskills and levels should be a lot shorter, effort verse reward should no longer be a requirement in the game? Even if the gear is not of the highest par, it doesn't mean it should be basically free.

1) Don't remember where the stuff from them fall in in regards to Thurg, so dunno. Other than the weapon is quite nice compared to what you can get from the easier instances, maybe the BP was too, might have had it until I got the BP from Fortress Spire (which ironically is about as good, if not even better, than the one from ToRZ).

2) Beats me quite completely, that's why I welcome this change, that lets ppl, that don't want to farm for plat to buy the ry'gorr gems, to experience some effort in getting the ry'gorr (as I said, I don't consider autofollow effort, so losing those well geared ppl out of them instances will require effort on the ppl left that need jewellery/weapons from them). For the ppl, that don't really want to play the game (go get the stuff themselves), IDK, but am sure glad that they're paying to play...

3) I know, Ascent is just a prime example that ppl gather groups for and on average takes about 15-25 minutes to zoom by (probably longer now, if the shard-farmers are not running it anymore).

4) Am I? I'm not saying there shouldn't be something time consuming in the game, I'm just saying that time consuming isn't the equivivalent of hard for me. Time consuming can be fun, if it's time consuming because it's so hard to get the mob down, or the quest requires several steps (as long as they're at least semi-fun or interesting to do, and not "Kill these 10 easy mobs 20 times over again and then these other 10 easy mobs 20 times, returning to me after each time you've killed 10").

For instance, I (with few others) spent 3 or so hours (well, some of it just looking around pondering on tactics etc) doing the the Living Tombs: Delving Dead (or whatever the name) zone, because everyone was there for the first time (and mostly not uber-geared), so we died alot, really alot. Sometimes just because someone was standing in the wrong spot. Did I enjoy it? You bet I did. That was somewhat time consuming (compared to the shard-farming runs at least, 6 times the duration for 1 zone), but great fun. Running thru it for the umpteenth time for the shards? Zzzzzzzzzz...

Time consuming in the form; do these few zones over and over and over and over and over again to get something, IE time consuming for just repeating content that got old and boring 50 times ago, that's the time consuming I mean when I talk about time consuming negatively. I did the shard farming though and have got ry'gorr a while back, but when there's nothing to expect in the zone (in the form of drops), it's pretty darn boring to do the easy kills just to get the shards. There's no anticipation and there's no chance in nine hells that the run will fail, booooooooooriiiiiiing. Can you honestly call that effort?

Now, if the shard-farmers are gone from those instance runs to the easy zones, those runs might well require some effort again.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:46 AM   #37
Deago

Loremaster

Please, for goodness' sakes, explain why the change with Rygorr not requiring velium shards?

Answer:  Developers did it and that is the way the cookie crumbles.

Ribbit! SMILEY

Old 10-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #38
Loendar

Loremaster

I would just like to point out that not everyone has oodles of cash to simply buy the gems as is being stated here over and over.

I've been playing since Beta and have never had a ton of money lying around.   I don't have the patience to do the grind that used to be required to make the cash in the old days and I don't raid, so I don't get the bountiful selling of raid loot coffers.

I *do* occassionally run the for cash but that is it - and that is clearly limited by the timer. 

So to say that everyone is going to hit 90 and just bypass the content and buy the gems is misleading.  The silent majority isn't sitting on hordes of ready gold and will still need to run instances to get their gems the old fashioned way.

Edit:

I would like to mention that my main had all the Ry'gor pieces except the pants prior to this change with a few extra gems in the bank for Alts.  I figured by the time I had the next 20 shards for the pants I might have been lucky enough to get the lava ruby, but who knows.

I was perfectly happy with the shard gathering portion of getting gear - but I have a steady group.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #39
Yimway

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I would just like to point out that not everyone has oodles of cash to simply buy the gems as is being stated here over and over.

You don't need oodles of cash, not any really.

The gems drop in kael where CM requirements have been removed.  You can now in effect more quickly start farming kael zones for gem drops and get gear more rapidly.

Such that if you dinged 90 yesterday, you could be in Drunder in a few weeks without buying any gear.

Without the change, you would have to grind PQ gear, somehow find people to do lower tier instances, farm shards for a good while, get gems, get upgrades, then finally move into Drunder / EoW.

Considering Drunder  / EoW is the prelude to the future content updates, something needs to be done to nudge the majority of the population into that content.

Personally, I think you have to nerf the content a good bit as well, as the challenge level of that content isn't readily consumable by the EQ2 masses, regardless if CM requirements are removed or not.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #40
DuneWarrior

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Considering Drunder  / EoW is the prelude to the future content updates, something needs to be done to nudge the majority of the population into that content.

Personally, I think you have to nerf the content a good bit as well, as the challenge level of that content isn't readily consumable by the EQ2 masses, regardless if CM requirements are removed or not.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

Both valid very valid points. 2nd one even more so now. Which then leads to the need for more content since then the ... "non masses" will be bored etc. etc. so in essence they just rail-progressed the masses to eow/drunder.

Wait.. i already said that SMILEY

DuneWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #41
Loendar

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

The gems drop in kael where CM requirements have been removed.  You can now in effect more quickly start farming kael zones for gem drops and get gear more rapidly.

Such that if you dinged 90 yesterday, you could be in Drunder in a few weeks without buying any gear.

Without the change, you would have to grind PQ gear, somehow find people to do lower tier instances, farm shards for a good while, get gems, get upgrades, then finally move into Drunder / EoW.

No - you don't need oodles of cash if you are going to work the zones as intended.  My comment is directed towards the alarmists in the thread that are commenting on how everyone will level their toons to 90 and immediately have the Ry'gor armor.  That is factually incorrect.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #42
Yimway

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

No - you don't need oodles of cash if you are going to work the zones as intended.  My comment is directed towards the alarmists in the thread that are commenting on how everyone will level their toons to 90 and immediately have the Ry'gor armor.  That is factually incorrect.

Depends I guess.

For example, yes I have a fresh alt that has a set of gear as a result of this change.  He just turned 90 and immediately is in Ry'gor armor.  The toon in question is my son's alt. 

But again, we spent no plat on it, just farming the zone on mains enables you to immediately gear a fresh alt.  Doing it with plat is entirely optional.  I mean, I'm sure we had the plat to do it if we wanted to, but getting gems from playing the game is readily easy to do, even though we easily have 20kplat to spare as well.

IMO everyone like to jump on the plat, broker ftw, slr band wagon way too fast on these changes.  There are plenty of us just playing and enjoying the game benefiting nicely from these changes.  I love that I can do stuff on my main toons and gear my alts up to be viable in meaningful content without having to repeat the grind on every single character I have.  This makes the game more entertaining for me anyway.

Don't get me wrong, there are some rare items I'd throw 5k at for an alt, but stuff that is so easily obtained by just playing the game casually is hardly worth throwing coin at.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #43
Jaydan
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Restoration

Loremaster

And next year you can buy it with Station Cash

Jaydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #44
Tarna

Loremaster

What happened to having to earn your way into things. I worked hard for months to get the equipment to go into drunder and now SoE is just trying to hand it on a platter. I really hate the lazy vocal minority who complain that things are too hard. You make things to easy and you lose all sense of achievement. When I dinged a level in eq1 I really felt like I accomplished something but everything has been so dumbed done for our adhd nation that it makes me sick.

Tarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #45
Yimway

Loremaster

Tarna wrote:

What happened to having to earn your way into things. I worked hard for months to get the equipment to go into drunder and now SoE is just trying to hand it on a platter. I really hate the lazy vocal minority who complain that things are too hard. You make things to easy and you lose all sense of achievement. When I dinged a level in eq1 I really felt like I accomplished something but everything has been so dumbed done for our adhd nation that it makes me sick.

You can have it your way if you like.

Good luck finding people to group with you down the line.

Overtime the progression for non-current content is sped up to keep the majority of players reasonably close in the game as to have enough people to do something with.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #46
Grumble69

Loremaster

Well, I don't get the flap over shards.  They are not that hard to get at all.  It makes it a *little* easier to gear up alts or for new players.  Unless you're just drowning in plat, you're more than likely going to have to farm for the gems.

So the argument that you can just "buy your gear" is pretty much over-rated hype.  Yeah, there might a small minority that do that.  Good for them.  But the majority of players are still going to be hitting Kael.

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #47
Jenadara

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Ya, people won't immediately have Ry'gorr gear, but they will immediately have the Thurg gear if they get a crafter to crank it out for them.   The difference between Thurg and Ry'Gorr isn't that much.   Sometimes you won't even bother with Ry'Gorr because it's not worth the time/plat for a 2% increase in stats.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #48
BadLuck

Loremaster

Here's what I dont understand, everyone comes to the forums complaining about this for various reasons. Yea, dont get me wrong I think that they should have still made SOME amount of shards required for at the very least the merchant armor but they didnt, oh well. 

As to the people here saying its ruining progression, guess what, buying raid gear in auction chat is also ruining progression, do you want to start complaining about that too?

For 1k plat I could buy enough raid gear to join a raid guild and be good to go on gear simply because it's CHEAP at night. Stuff I see going for 300-400 p during the day is going for 100-150 at night. 

My point is simply this:

Dont state that something that SOE is doing is ruining something just because you got butt hurt because you shard farmed for you 50 million alts. Also dont state that SOE is messing up progression for doing this when in fact the people with excess plat can just buy raid gear too. They are making it easier for people to group and have fun, I dont have a problem with that. 

BadLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #49
Twinbladed

Loremaster

BadLuck wrote:

Here's what I dont understand, everyone comes to the forums complaining about this for various reasons. Yea, dont get me wrong I think that they should have still made SOME amount of shards required for at the very least the merchant armor but they didnt, oh well. 

As to the people here saying its ruining progression, guess what, buying raid gear in auction chat is also ruining progression, do you want to start complaining about that too?

For 1k plat I could buy enough raid gear to join a raid guild and be good to go on gear simply because it's CHEAP at night. Stuff I see going for 300-400 p during the day is going for 100-150 at night. 

My point is simply this:

Dont state that something that SOE is doing is ruining something just because you got butt hurt because you shard farmed for you 50 million alts. Also dont state that SOE is messing up progression for doing this when in fact the people with excess plat can just buy raid gear too. They are making it easier for people to group and have fun, I dont have a problem with that. 

There is a difference in, I got mad plats so I'll wait on something another person doesn't need to be put on auction an buy it verse the people who don't play like that. There was more people running zones than there was buying raid gear. SOE is the power house of the game, so there is a huge diff in what you just tried say vs what is actually going on. The games content would have been cleared a long time ago if everyone was buying raid gear. 

Old 10-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #50
urgthock

Loremaster

Jenadara wrote:

The difference between Thurg and Ry'Gorr isn't that much.   Sometimes you won't even bother with Ry'Gorr because it's not worth the time/plat for a 2% increase in stats.

This is spot on. I gobbled up a bunch of the lower priced scintillating gems (black marbles and emeralds) for all my alts and had just those two ry'gorr items (helm and gloves) and all the rest thurgadin armor made by a guildie. I am missing only the focus on the boots that is available from ry'gorr that isn't on the thurgadin version. However, the stat differences on all the other pieces are so minimal, it is hardly worth my time to pursue hours of grinding plat to buy them or zones to get them to drop (except maybe the jaundice gem for the ry'gorr boots).  As an example, below is the comparison of the thurgadin helmet and the ry'gorr helmet for my newly leveled SK.

Thurg:95 STR102 STA+36 to weapon skills4.8 CB15.6 CM1.8 +Mit2 block619 Mitigation

Ry'Gorr:102 STR (+7)110 STA (+8 )+40 weapon skills (+4)5.4 CB (+.6)16.8 CM (+1.2)2 +Mit (+.2)2.4 block (+.4)619 Mitigation (same)

And since I already have a decent amount of shards I didn't have to spend to get all of this, I have some good crit mit and dps, utility or tanking adorns (depending on the alt)  set up for them all as well. I am now just working on getting all my alts some decent jewelry to be able to start hitting Drunder. If the goal was to push people into Drunder, I think it will probably be successful within a month or two.

urgthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #51
Tommara

Loremaster

As a returning player, this thread really made me question why I came back, in particular, the number of people who think that mindlessly grinding the same thing over and over again is somehow a worthy achievement.  Although what they think doesn't matter to me, as long as lots of people enjoy grinding the same content over and over again, the devs will be happy to accommodate them.

On the other hand, I don't necessarily agree that eliminating the shard requirement was the way to go.  I would have preferred the armor to be given as quest rewards.  I would have loved it if they had a lot of quests that aren't soloable (by people in SF or entry level DoV gear), but are do-able by 2-3 man groups.   But I understand that developing new quests is time-consuming and hard.  So the devs took the easy way out for both them and the players. 

I'm still working through the DoV solo quests and I rarely run into anybody else.  SOE really needs to work on recruiting new players, as well as retaining the ones they have.  So this was a step in the right direction, if not an optimal solution.

Tommara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #52
NardacMM

Loremaster

isn't there a new expansion coming out in a month or so?  I thought the next Velious was going to be earlier than previous expansions.

If so, what's wrong with ensuring that everybody is in at least Ry'Gorr gear so that you don't have to build content for people wearing SF or PQ gear.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #53
Gaealiege
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Eruanna Ar Fuin

Loremaster

From the little information I have seen, there isn't going to be content with the release of this next "expansion."

Gaealiege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:14 AM   #54
Kenazeer

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

From the little information I have seen, there isn't going to be content with the release of this next "expansion."

Correct. The expansion is features only. All content will come in GUs.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:02 PM   #55
Golbezz

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

isn't there a new expansion coming out in a month or so?  I thought the next Velious was going to be earlier than previous expansions.

If so, what's wrong with ensuring that everybody is in at least Ry'Gorr gear so that you don't have to build content for people wearing SF or PQ gear.

The devs could just as easily add a new PQ gear or even a totally new PQ for any new content.

I think the real reason is that the devs finally figured out that players don't like the shard token gear systems as much as they thought since many players just farm plat and buy better loot from instances or raids.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #56
Daggster

Loremaster

From the little experience I've had with the easier instances, my prediction that running them might require some effort again seems to be true. Granted I'm making this assumption with very limited data, but before the change, if you joined on a shard run for something like Rime zones, you'd more than likely (well I did at least anyway) end up in a group, that'd completely obliterate any resistance thrown in their way. Two dps's doing 70-100k dps each and 50+k hp tank and 45k hp inquis for instance. In this kinda group the rest could be in whatever gear and just autofollow thru...

Now, I said it's been very limited data, but the few times I've joined a group for the easier DoV instances when getting bored or whatnot, the groups have been completely different. Last night I joined an ascent group, where I did more dps than the rest of the group put together, I had clearly more hp's than the tank and the healer was wearing only a few pieces of DoV gear (mostly 82 MC or lower gear!). "Even I" (not meaning I'm somehow uber, but massively overgeared for the zone) couldn't carry that group thru and decided to bail after a few wipes (which weren't because of me snatching aggro, didn't die any faster than the tank), I'd rather get bored in GH...

Anyway, no more easy-mode shard runs while getting gear upgrades on the side, as the tow-trucks don't need the drops and you'll be the only one needing them. Ry'Gorr armor without the ability to crit in KD/Drunder is useless (IIRC you don't get much CC from the ry'gorr, most pieces none, some for the belt,cloak (was there cloak?) and secondary?), so you need to go to the easier DoV instances at least some (unless you SLR gear with CC). So the change IMO made it require more effort to get DoV geared than what it was to autofollow thru while already geared ppl ran them for shards. Ofc if I don't remember correctly the crit chance part, then maybe you can skip the easier dov instances, if you complete all the quests to get some CC from them. Whatever the case, you'll need around 200% CC for ToRZ to crit at least adequately, while 220% is IMO the recommended minimum (120% crit avoidance on names IIRC).

Old 10-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #57
Golbezz

Loremaster

Daggster wrote:

From the little experience I've had with the easier instances, my prediction that running them might require some effort again seems to be true. Granted I'm making this assumption with very limited data, but before the change, if you joined on a shard run for something like Rime zones, you'd more than likely (well I did at least anyway) end up in a group, that'd completely obliterate any resistance thrown in their way. Two dps's doing 70-100k dps each and 50+k hp tank and 45k hp inquis for instance. In this kinda group the rest could be in whatever gear and just autofollow thru...

Now, I said it's been very limited data, but the few times I've joined a group for the easier DoV instances when getting bored or whatnot, the groups have been completely different. Last night I joined an ascent group, where I did more dps than the rest of the group put together, I had clearly more hp's than the tank and the healer was wearing only a few pieces of DoV gear (mostly 82 MC or lower gear!). "Even I" (not meaning I'm somehow uber, but massively overgeared for the zone) couldn't carry that group thru and decided to bail after a few wipes (which weren't because of me snatching aggro, didn't die any faster than the tank), I'd rather get bored in GH...

Anyway, no more easy-mode shard runs while getting gear upgrades on the side, as the tow-trucks don't need the drops and you'll be the only one needing them. Ry'Gorr armor without the ability to crit in KD/Drunder is useless (IIRC you don't get much CC from the ry'gorr, most pieces none, some for the belt,cloak (was there cloak?) and secondary?), so you need to go to the easier DoV instances at least some (unless you SLR gear with CC). So the change IMO made it require more effort to get DoV geared than what it was to autofollow thru while already geared ppl ran them for shards. Ofc if I don't remember correctly the crit chance part, then maybe you can skip the easier dov instances, if you complete all the quests to get some CC from them. Whatever the case, you'll need around 200% CC for ToRZ to crit at least adequately, while 220% is IMO the recommended minimum (120% crit avoidance on names IIRC).

Players still need shards for both instance adorns and yellow HM adorns although without needing additional shards for rygorr gear for alts there may be fewer players needing to do shard runs if they have a stack of shards saved up already.

The situation you described above is exactly why I no longer bother with pugs. I would only ever touch DF with 1 of my new alts that needed the AA and even then I'm not sure it would be worth the trouble vs a guild group without the DF bonus.

I suspect lots of these players you described above were the same who struggled to do grey shard runs in TSO. At least grey shard runs are long gone and those of us who can run zones easy can sell gear drops to those players.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #58
Proud_Silence

Loremaster

why do i have to pay 150 TSO shard for black market lvl 80 gear, and 220 mark of manaar for SF black market items, when CURRENT content was nerfed so it costs no shards ??

it's like Ford was selling Mustangs for 100$, but you still gotta cough up 40'000$ for a Ford Focus !?

Proud_Silence is offline   Reply With Quote