EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
Piestro

Community Relations

Here's your chance to discuss the newest Game Update: Skyshrine!

EverQuest Community Relations Manager

Piestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
machiavelis

Loremaster

Hum, for discuss the newest Game Update: Skyshrine, should already have it .. but as usual the EU servers are shifted in time...

Thx SOE.

machiavelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
fatherjules

Loremaster

Can we play to please 

fatherjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #4
CleeGrahamx2099

Guardian

I was on test with this for a while and can't wait until I can get home from work to play the real thing. Really liked the content that I tested.

CleeGrahamx2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #5
SOE-MOD-02

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=49996...post_id=5747045 Removed for Spam
Old 04-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #6
Dethdlr
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Advent of Valor

Fansite Staff

I've seen the same complaint now in a few threads about the EU servers getting the GU after the US servers. 

So I'm curious.  In the past several years, when is the last time all the servers were patched at the same time for a GU that wasn't also the launch of a new paid for expansion?  Does it happen very often?  From reading the complaints today it would seem like it happens all the time.

EQ2U Lead Programmer |Dethdlr's Adornment Calculator | EQ2Wire.com Columnist

Dethdlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
fatherjules

Loremaster

it is used to be a couple of hours

fatherjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #8
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

Can we please discuss the unaddressed isses that have been plaguing the Class Prestige Feedback forums?

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #9
Peogia

Loremaster

Piestro wrote:

So far the best thing about this up date was going from 300AA to 320AA just by logging in

The worst thing so far was when I first landed in withered lands, 10 frames was not cool at all what a lag fester

The FBI is encouraging users to visit a website run by its security partner, http://www.dcwg.org , that will inform them whether they're infected and explain how to fix the problem. After July 9, infected users won't be able to connect to the Internet.
Peogia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #10
CleeGrahamx2099

Guardian

Lol, that is to be expected though. Remember Great Divide when DoV came out. Hopefully I will be ok tonight only because I play at really, really odd hours. *crosses fingers*

Old 04-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #11
Onorem

Loremaster

Peogia wrote:

Piestro wrote:

So far the best thing about this up date was going from 300AA to 320AA just by logging in

The worst thing so far was when I first landed in withered lands, 10 frames was not cool at all what a lag fester

I've only logged in on 2 characters. Went from 320 to 320 on both and still somehow lost 40% vitality in the conversion..

Old 04-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #12
Koleg

Lord

Onorem wrote:

I've only logged in on 2 characters. Went from 320 to 320 on both and still somehow lost 40% vitality in the conversion..

There is a Potion on the SC Marketplace that will fill that right back up to 100% fer ya, only 950sc iirc.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #13
Titigabe

Loremaster

I'd love to give you my feedback but ... I'm having a hard time to figure out when will my server be patched ... There's been no announcement for EU-Storms server ...

How many times will that lack of information and communication occure again? Is it that hard to make an announcement for ALL your player community? US and EU, english and non-english speaking?

By the way, is there still someone in charge of the French speaking community in this forum ?

Titigabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #14
Piestro

Community Relations

Titigabe wrote:

I'd love to give you my feedback but ... I'm having a hard time to figure out when will my server be patched ... There's been no announcement for EU-Storms server ...

How many times will that lack of information and communication occure again? Is it that hard to make an announcement for ALL your player community? US and EU, english and non-english speaking?

By the way, is there still someone in charge of the French speaking community in this forum ?

I'm looking into the French and German announcements.

Thanks,

EverQuest Community Relations Manager

Piestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #15
Gladiolus

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I've seen the same complaint now in a few threads about the EU servers getting the GU after the US servers. 

So I'm curious.  In the past several years, when is the last time all the servers were patched at the same time for a GU that wasn't also the launch of a new paid for expansion?  Does it happen very often?  From reading the complaints today it would seem like it happens all the time.

Do you need to be reminded that this is a paid-for expansion? It's the second half of what we paid for long ago, but it got delayed becuase they were busy with something else. As such, it should have been on all servers at the same time. It also doesn't help that misinformation abounds. It was announced that Splitpaw would be down from 5am London Time on the 17th for the update. It also says on the launcher when you log in "Skyshrine is Live!" So if SOE is telling us in two places that we have the update, is it unreasonable to be a tad disappointed to discover that we're only getting it tomorrow?

Gladiolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #16
Mystfit

Loremaster

I have only peeked a little bit..saved a puppy, did some crafting, did some exploring and harvesting. It's pretty crowded up there!

Old 04-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #17
CleeGrahamx2099

Guardian

It will be crowded for quite a while. Just curious, how many different zones of Withered Lands are there so far? At least 10? Did they add a portal to go between different zones like Great Divide and EW?

Old 04-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #18
Foretold
Guild: Rage

Loremaster

Personally, I'll be leveling somewhere else tonight.  I'll give the content a week to settle down before I visit. I can't wait, though...

Foretold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #19
Lempo

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

Onorem wrote:

There is a Potion on the SC Marketplace that will fill that right back up to 100% fer ya, only 950sc iirc.

Same here, very interesting indeed. With the recent shadiness of the random items in the marketplace this seems to me to be nothing more than an underhanded attempt at generating some SC sales. What more could it be? Really, this wasn't discovered in beta? How could my vitality possibly be robbed from me?

Well at least I have my Orb.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #20
Mystfit

Loremaster

CleeGrahamx2099 wrote:

It will be crowded for quite a while. Just curious, how many different zones of Withered Lands are there so far? At least 10? Did they add a portal to go between different zones like Great Divide and EW?

No! And I wish they did! THere's a guide event tonight and there's at least 5 of the isntances open and no way to PICK what one you want

Old 04-18-2012, 01:04 AM   #21
CMArgoian

Loremaster

I have enjoyed the new content and haven't experienced any lag thus far. 

I too lost vitality when I initially logged in, but it seemed to come back very quickly too. 

CMArgoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:40 AM   #22
SlashnGut

Loremaster

Where to start.

1) Laggy as hell but may just be my comp.

2) went from 100% vitality to 35% vitality just by logging in.

3) Ran into 2 bugged quests already. Bugged one and just gave up and logged out after the second one. I will try again in a few days when maybe they have fixed the bugs that should have been fixed before leaving test.

4) XP sucks in new areas. Not really complaining but have done probably 20 quests and killed a lot of mobs and have gotten less than 40% of a level (and yes my slider is where it should be and has been since I started in the new zone). 2 zones is not much so I am guessing they purposely lowered xp gain to make people level slower.

Sucha 92 Conjuror/92 Sage

Mrshal 92 Monk/92 Carpenter

Bloodwingg 92 Necromancer/92 Tailor

Tior 92 Warlock/92 Provisioner

Holyer 92 Paladin/92 Armoror

Grogg 90 Berserker/92 Alchemist

Etat 90 Bruiser/92 Jeweler

Dawizz 90 Wizard/92 Woodworker

Punting 90 Brigand

Kountdracula 90 Dirge

Omgiman 92 Warden

SlashnGut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:15 AM   #23
NANEEJE

Loremaster

WELL DONE!!!

Lag is from over population, i was in WL 7 most the night, did very well.

Leveling by quests takes about 1% if your lucky per turn in. I turned in 15 quests and got only 4% in Tunare, but... I'm glad, Knowing that you can just farm Seb for your two levels in 2 hours is kind of crappy.

I enjoyed the content, and the buggy quests these people speak of, just needed a little TLC, stand in the right spot, hail him over and over a few times, and good to go.

Great job on the update, still waiting for mounts and more flying shinies, only got one tonight, can't find anymore.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #24
feldon30

Fansite Staff

[email protected] wrote:

4) XP sucks in new areas. Not really complaining but have done probably 20 quests and killed a lot of mobs and have gotten less than 40% of a level

Withered Lands is 100 quests. This is probably the only level 90+ content until December. What's the hurry?

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:35 AM   #25
SlashnGut

Loremaster

#4 was not really a complaint Feldon, just a statement. As I said 2 levels is not much so they made it take longer to get there. If I wanted it that bad I would have just gone to another zone that wasn't lagging and powered through it in an hr as some people did.

And as far as overpopulation the poster above you said was the cause of the lag that was not the case as I was in Instance 7 with 47 people in it and was lagging badly, which is why I said it was possibly (and most likely) my computer due to age and basically being a crappy computer.

I also never stated I did not like the quests nor appreciate them, I said they were bugged, which was the truth. 1 of the bugs I managed a workaround with finally (which is the one mentioned by a poster above that you have to keep moving around and clicking until the hail works), the second one there was no workaround as no matter where I stood it did not work and others had the same problem, thus not me standing in the wrong spot. It was simply a bugged quest.

I think the content looks great, Will just be happy when I can play continually without the lag and hopefully without the bugs as running 11 toons through laggy bugged content is no fun.

Sucha 92 Conjuror/92 Sage

Mrshal 92 Monk/92 Carpenter

Bloodwingg 92 Necromancer/92 Tailor

Tior 92 Warlock/92 Provisioner

Holyer 92 Paladin/92 Armoror

Grogg 90 Berserker/92 Alchemist

Etat 90 Bruiser/92 Jeweler

Dawizz 90 Wizard/92 Woodworker

Punting 90 Brigand

Kountdracula 90 Dirge

Omgiman 92 Warden

SlashnGut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #26
Katz

Loremaster

I won't really have time to start the new content until Friday, but I'm looking forward to it.  What I've read about it intrigues me.   I'm in no rush to level the two levels and want to do all the quests.  

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #27
feldon30

Fansite Staff

I absolutely applaud the solo/duo/molo (solo+merc) content that's been added. I think we will see a lot of folks running this content for the challenge (the names have scripts and drop health/power/dps consumables usable within the 3 solo/duo instances). And the rewards for running these zones will be massive upgrades for people wearing Ry'Gorr and instance jewelry/cloaks/weapons.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #28
Jemmia

Loremaster

can you please tell me why my game is streaming as im logged in,when i downloaded the full update, i also ensure that in the options the streaming client wasnt ticked.

Thanks

Jemmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #29
Koleg

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected]_old wrote:

Onorem wrote:

Same here, very interesting indeed. With the recent shadiness of the random items in the marketplace this seems to me to be nothing more than an underhanded attempt at generating some SC sales. What more could it be? Really, this wasn't discovered in beta? How could my vitality possibly be robbed from me?

Well at least I have my Orb.

The 1 90/90/320 toon I logged in didn't loose any vitality.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #30
Gravy

Lord

Put this in the missed opportunity category:

The quest, No Clearance to Land, should have been named, Where's the Clearance Clarence?

A little nod to the movie Airplane.

Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote