EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #91
feldon30

Fansite Staff

Peogia wrote:

No the spells still have to be crafted and up graded and are required to play the game its more a convenience and accessibility then anything

Which is it?

Peogia wrote:

Shopping from cashshops in game helps support the game and developers what do you have against Everquest II?

I support the game and the developers with my $15 a month subscription. That used to be enough.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:03 AM   #92
feldon30

Fansite Staff

Spikylin wrote:

The current request for 280AA to zone in the new map is a punishment to new player, with the first char in game, i need 1 hour for every my AA points, and it will take me a month to get there, which I think this is a very long boring leveling process for a LV90 Char.

I cannot imagine what you are doing that is only earning you an AA point every HOUR. Are you killing green mobs? Killing solo mobs in Kunark and Withered Lands? I just cannot fathom taking 1 hour to earn an AA point.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #93
denmom

Loremaster

Location: Paradigm Clutch: Never shift reality without one...

Spikylin wrote:

The current request for 280AA to zone in the new map is a punishment to new player, with the first char in game, i need 1 hour for every my AA points, and it will take me a month to get there, which I think this is a very long boring leveling process for a LV90 Char.

I know lots of ppl claim they can get it with short time with various of XP bouns, but i think a game shall be friendly to new players as well, and this is really frustrating to prohibit me to join the current events with friend in lv92 zone.

So, please fixed it! Makr some consideration to new comers! then we can have more to join this EQ2 world.

Imagine it, new player wont know the need AA to go new zone, the wont know it would be so hard at cap level. The player comes to experience, and they probably will give up...

Wait...you don't need 280 to zone into Withered Lands.  I have taken my low adventure/L90 Provi who has only about 20-something AA into Withered Lands.  If you needed that, then all of the other low adventure/L90 crafters wouldn't be able to enter the area for their crafting quest for books.

Am I missing something?  I thought that 280 AA was only for leveling past L90?  One of my alts doesn't have 290 yet, she's a L90 Wizard/L90 Sage and I was able to take her into WL without problem.  She has a quest that has two items to do, one is to reach L90 (checked in the journal) and the other is to hit 280 AA (unchecked in journal).

Old 04-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #94
Katz

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Spikylin wrote:

I know lots of ppl claim they can get it with short time with various of XP bouns, but i think a game shall be friendly to new players as well, and this is really frustrating to prohibit me to join the current events with friend in lv92 zone.

So, please fixed it! Makr some consideration to new comers! then we can have more to join this EQ2 world.

Imagine it, new player wont know the need AA to go new zone, the wont know it would be so hard at cap level. The player comes to experience, and they probably will give up...

Wait...you don't need 280 to zone into Withered Lands.  I have taken my low adventure/L90 Provi who has only about 20-something AA into Withered Lands.  If you needed that, then all of the other low adventure/L90 crafters wouldn't be able to enter the area for their crafting quest for books.

Am I missing something?  I thought that 280 AA was only for leveling past L90?  One of my alts doesn't have 290 yet, she's a L90 Wizard/L90 Sage and I was able to take her into WL without problem.  She has a quest that has two items to do, one is to reach L90 (checked in the journal) and the other is to hit 280 AA (unchecked in journal).

You are correct.  The 280 aa points are only needed to level your adventurer from 90 to 92.  You can level in tradeskilling, do all the quests, etc.   You just can't advance past 90 until you get the aa.

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:08 AM   #95
Necrotherian
Server: Najena
Guild: Forgotten Abyss

Loremaster

Couple of questions:

1.  Are the flashing quest feathers on the minimap at all the mount stations supposed to be there? (IOW, is there supposed to be a quest giver at each location that I am, for whatever reason, just unable to see?)

2.  Is it possible to make the gear that pops from the Skyshrine Solo quest reward actually match the toon's archetype?  My main is a mage, and every time I've run it, I've received priest gear (Wis Sta).  Is this working as intended, or do I need to submit a /bug? 

Necrotherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:15 AM   #96
Mermut

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

Couple of questions:

1.  Are the flashing quest feathers on the minimap at all the mount stations supposed to be there? (IOW, is there supposed to be a quest giver at each location that I am, for whatever reason, just unable to see?)

2.  Is it possible to make the gear that pops from the Skyshrine Solo quest reward actually match the toon's archetype?  My main is a mage, and every time I've run it, I've received priest gear (Wis Sta).  Is this working as intended, or do I need to submit a /bug? 

1) Bug

2) Unfortunately, it's working as intended.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #97
Necrotherian

Loremaster

Mermut wrote:

Couple of questions:

1) Bug

2) Unfortunately, it's working as intended.

Meh.  I guess I'll just consider Skyshrine solo an instanced farming site and sell the gear to the vendor.  I think my highest level priest on that account is in his 30s, lol.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #98
Yimway

Loremaster

I've raised this point in more detail in this thread:http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=517729

But, given Skyshrine raid content can be cleared in one night of raiding, are there any plans to re-itemize Drunder HM loot?

The key point is Drunder HM mobs remain SIGNIFICANTLY harder to kill the Skyshrine EM mobs, and Skyshrine raid mobs on their own don't represent enough content to keep even very casual raid forces busy.

What is the plan in raid progression now that we have the Skyshrine Candy Store?

Old 04-26-2012, 12:58 AM   #99
Necrotherian

Loremaster

I just had an awesome idea.  How about making the gear drops from the solo quest turn in lore, then make it where if we already have a given gear item in our inventory, it skips to the next available item?  That way, if we run the zone enough times, we'll eventually get gear that our toon can use. (Although, given my luck, there are probably hundreds of non-mage gear items I'd have to make space for in my inventory just so I could make it to the mage gear.)

Old 04-26-2012, 05:11 AM   #100
feldon30

Fansite Staff

I just had an awesome idea.  How about making the gear drops from the solo quest turn in lore, then make it where if we already have a given gear item in our inventory, it skips to the next available item?  That way, if we run the zone enough times, we'll eventually get gear that our toon can use. (Although, given my luck, there are probably hundreds of non-mage gear items I'd have to make space for in my inventory just so I could make it to the mage gear.)

That would be nice. I mean, my level 28 mystic is overjoyed at all the gear that awaits him in my Shared Bank when he dings 92, but my Ranger, Dirge, Conjuror, Beastlord and Monk who are already level 90 could use some gear right now! SMILEY

Old 04-26-2012, 05:47 AM   #101
denmom

Loremaster

Location: Paradigm Clutch: Never shift reality without one...

Katz wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Spikylin wrote:

You are correct.  The 280 aa points are only needed to level your adventurer from 90 to 92.  You can level in tradeskilling, do all the quests, etc.   You just can't advance past 90 until you get the aa.

Thaaaat's what I thought.  Thanks.

The comment of needing 280 AA just to go into WL (quoted above and bolded) made me take a step back to check.  There's so many facts floating around mixed with misunderstanding, such as in this case, I try to make sure what I know is correct.

Thanks again!

Old 04-26-2012, 11:32 AM   #102
Kerahzey

Loremaster

Obtaining the tradskill apprentice in Dracur Prime (advanced Solo) is bugged there are several posts on this and not one red name has admitted the problem.  I have 6 tradeskillers to start researching and I cant even get one.  Its going to take forever to get theses recipes researched PLEASE FIX NOW so I can get started. Atleast admit theres a bug for the love of god.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #103
Hirofortis

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Obtaining the tradskill apprentice in Dracur Prime (advanced Solo) is bugged there are several posts on this and not one red name has admitted the problem.  I have 6 tradeskillers to start researching and I cant even get one.  Its going to take forever to get theses recipes researched PLEASE FIX NOW so I can get started. Atleast admit theres a bug for the love of god.

Same issue here.  tried to go in with multiple toons and as soon as I walk up he spawns, some drakes fly down and everything is non attackable and just sits there.  No update, no script, nothing. cleared the whole zone and still nothing, ran up to them right from the start, nothing.  Very frustrating as I have 5 tradeskillers I am trying to get these for. SMILEY

Hirofortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #104
Necrotherian

Loremaster

Hirofortis wrote:

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Same issue here.  tried to go in with multiple toons and as soon as I walk up he spawns, some drakes fly down and everything is non attackable and just sits there.  No update, no script, nothing. cleared the whole zone and still nothing, ran up to them right from the start, nothing.  Very frustrating as I have 5 tradeskillers I am trying to get these for.

Happened to me just yesterday.  (Edit: by that, I mean that the most recent time that it occurred was yesterday, not that the only time was yesterday.)

Old 04-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #105
Gravy

Lord

The rocks that drop in the solo instances that do damage, or give health and power, the colors are off aren't they?

The red rock does damage.

The blue rock gives power.

The green rock gives health.

Nearly everywhere in the game red=health and blue=power. Why use green for health?

Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #106
Headhuntre

Loremaster

"Same issue here.  tried to go in with multiple toons and as soon as I walk up he spawns, some drakes fly down and everything is non attackable and just sits there.  No update, no script, nothing. cleared the whole zone and still nothing, ran up to them right from the start, nothing.  Very frustrating as I have 5 tradeskillers I am trying to get these for. "

You realize that once a toon loots the researcher gem and sets it up that that toon can no longer run the event and obtain another gem? To get multiple gems the toon that runs the event must trade the gem to your TS alts so they can set it up..rinse repeat.

Headhuntre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #107
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

Headhuntre wrote:

"Same issue here.  tried to go in with multiple toons and as soon as I walk up he spawns, some drakes fly down and everything is non attackable and just sits there.  No update, no script, nothing. cleared the whole zone and still nothing, ran up to them right from the start, nothing.  Very frustrating as I have 5 tradeskillers I am trying to get these for. "

You realize that once a toon loots the researcher gem and sets it up that that toon can no longer run the event and obtain another gem? To get multiple gems the toon that runs the event must trade the gem to your TS alts so they can set it up..rinse repeat.

That is 100% completely incorrect.  I have several 92/90 toons and run the TS researcher event with them after they have a TS researcher up and running in their house.  The event continues to fire regardless whether you have a TS researcher running or not.

The event has been bugging out, for me at least, the last few days.  However, after having it bug out and not fire correctly on Tuesday & Wednesday, the event fired and ran fine Thursday night.  So, I picked up 4 more TS researchers, while researching recipes.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #108
Headhuntre

Loremaster

Interesting. Guess I was unlucky enought to loot the gem and try again during the bugged period.

Headhuntre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #109
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

It's only the first iteration of the Event/gem on Test that was bugged and didn't allow to redo the event. Live event can be repeated (except for EU servers which are lacking a patch as usual)

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #110
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

Don't want to double post, so linking this here:  http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=517715

Essentially, some of the quest rewards are either a) repeated in a questline or b) WORSE than a quest you had before it.

Example:  Got Corrupted greaves from a questline ... further dow (which one would think the reward is better) I got Withered greaves which were WORSE.  Erm ....

And no shield choice or 2 hander?

Old 04-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #111
Dekedar

Loremaster

Ya the Corrupted and Withered peices were a confusing sort of progression.