EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-31-2016, 09:13 PM   #1
Gawronich

It is intentional that 2 of the 3 main skills of summoners(Unda arcanus spiritus and soulburn) does not change damage type when using any acension class?If this is an error please note. If not,please explain why.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:13 PM   #2
Anaranj

If this is true, then the mechanism of Ascension condemns us, summoners, to use only Etherealist class. Both, Soulburn and Unda, inflict magic dmg.
Please clarify this.
Anaranj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:57 PM   #3
captainbeatty451

Honestly, all mage characters seem to be heavily slanted towards etherealist. You get faster access to aoe and other damage skills than any of the other ascension classes by taking this route. Sure, as a necro, i would want to have my damage all converted to noxious, but, do I really need a self heal and a verdict type skill from the theurgist line? In place of fervor and potency and aoe and single target damage coming out of my ears? I just don't see the other options being better choices for a caster. And for some reason, this makes me grumpy about ascension. Really would have liked it to be more clear cut in terms of what your archetype should take, rather than kind of sort of hinting that certain ones would be better. All this does is create a situation where you could potentially sink a lot of xp hours into one, only to find out that it really wasn't the one that makes the most sense for your playstyle.

Also, the lack of information about how they work together contributes to our confusion or lack of clarity on which to pick. Should we spread them out in our groups/guilds? Will it matter if we all pick the same one? Will it hurt us if we do that? Right now the answer seems to be 'probably.' Do we even know if ascension matters at all for non-raiders? I hope that all of this is made much more clear by the trainers.