EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Inquisitor
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-02-2005, 02:55 AM   #1
LokiHellsson

Loremaster

So, I'm level 25 and my hammer is hitting for crap.  What weapon should I go for?  The one from the Ghoulbane quest fork looks like it's not useful until level 30. I thought I'd go for it around level 28 or near the start of 29.  Is there something else I should be after now or just don't worry about it?

I'm using a single-handed hammer and an ashwood buckler (dropped, not pristine).

I feel pretty comfortable with the items on the left side, but the bottom and right side items are in serious need.  I'm trying to get the danged lion to upgrade my lightstone, my belt is worthless, I've got one good bracelet and two mediocre rings.

I can barely single a pair of lvl 21 beavers in Nek and my AC's like 2300 and some of my resists are over 380.
LokiHellsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 03:19 AM   #2
Decimat

General

Skullcrusher from FG is probably your best bet. I used it until about lvl 30. Then at 35 throw on a Moonlight mace from the Deathfist Citadel Access. Otherwise, if you have the cash you might acquire a Steel(rare T3 metal) and get a hammer or something made. The rest of the stuff, if rare mob drops aren't cutting it pristine crafted is usually a safe bet.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:31 AM   #3
LokiHellsson

Loremaster

Do you go with one weapon + shield or do you go with weapon + symbol or can we do two hammers or maces?
Old 03-02-2005, 04:43 AM   #4
Decimat

General

Usually hammer+symbol(mainly cause I think bucklers look like crap). I didn't use a staff until I got the Heiro Crook.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:34 AM   #5
Andalla

Loremaster

Skullcrusher for a while... I don't remember what I used from like 30ish to 35, but at 35 I got a Deathfist Utility Hammer and its pretty nice /shrug. 7 wis, decent supplimental stats.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:39 AM   #6
wayfaerer

Loremaster

I used skullcrusher until 30 when I switched to pristine feyiron, till 38 when I switched to the Moonlight Mace.I use bucklers as well, since power is never a problem and I do occasionally die, which bucklers help prevent. My pristine cedar buckler has a nice +wis on it too.

Zizz, Dark Elf Bruiser, Nagafen

-formerly-

Phia, Mage, Rift/Briarcliff

Phia, Sorcerer, Aion/Nezekan

Khrin, Archmage, WAR/Darklands

Avert, Blood Mage, VG/Tharridon

Khrin, Undead Priest, WoW/Blackrock

Phia, Abyss Walker, L2/Lionna

Amon, Confessor, SB/Ardan

Sset, Iksar Monk, EQ1/Tholuxe Paells

Mental, Dark Elf Enchanter, EQ1/Sullon Zek

Zizz, Dark Elf Enchanter, EQ1/Tallon Zek
wayfaerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 03:44 PM   #7
Nyada

Having a hammer and sheild etc is good for the stats definatly...although have to admit I do much prefer having a Bo Staff for the animation and look of the character. As for what to use, am with everyone else...Skullcrushers good in the 20s, and the Deathfist Hammer is good in the 30s. As a two handed weapon though The Eldritch Staff is kinda nice.
Nyada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:15 PM   #8
nighth

Went with skull crusher myself and shield. I always prefered to go buckler instead of symbols for the added AC, the extra wisdom on some symbols are neligible .
nighth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:23 PM   #9
Fial

Had a Pristine Carbonite Morningstar, because I liked the 3v1l looks ... while all other clerics where running around with either those ugly knobs or lvl20quest looking sledgehammers, I could smite away with my stylish morningstar.

At 30 I changed back to the ugly stick (oakwood knotted club) that looks like a lvl 3 IoR weapon SMILEY :smileymad:

When you could test stuff without attuning it, I tried symbol/tablet/censer and 2handed hammers/staffs instead of the 1hander + buckler, but the results where disappointing.
You take a lot more damage while soloing or drawing aggro in a group and the dps of 2handers is barely worth it lvl20+. Maybe you don't miss the shield that much in a group, but I'm still better safe than sorry (modern tanks and aggro ...)

(Edit: I'm also addicted to that 'block' sound, when a mob tries to barrage you for insane damage and your little buckler goes 'plonk' SMILEY )

Message Edited by Fialas on 03-03-2005 03:24 PM

Fial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:31 PM   #10
MacAll

General

I had skull crusher until 25, then picked up an upgraded quest mace by finishing the journal quest in FG, and that held me until 30.

If you don't face pain, you won't know fear. If you haven't conquered fear, you will never know the Truth.
MacAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 10:40 PM   #11
LokiHellsson

Loremaster

I'm lvl 25 now, I'm going to try to complete Lost Religion of Fallen Gate (need some help getting to the bottom) to get Skullsprainer. 

Anyone try to take down Coldtooth in TS to get the Mace of the Lifebringer that he's reported to drop?  Then 3-4 levels to start going for Mace of The Lifebringer.

I also need to work on jewelry and waist and stuff on the "right side" of the inventory.  By the time I get that stuff straight, I'll probably need new armor....oh the endless drudgery.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:00 PM   #12
Bodaciu

I used the Skullcrusher for a while.

There are tow different drops off the Zek boat ride that are nice for Inq.  The Ebon War Maul, and another (forget the name).  One is 2 handed, and the other is 1 handed 9so I can use a shield).  I rotate based on nessecity of what my role is in the group.

Inquistor: 29 Alchemist:34
Bodaciu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 11:27 PM   #13
harlock_j

I use a Pristine Carbonite Morningstar because i hate hunting in FG. That's the same reasion i don't bother with my AQ's.

MAIN: XiuXiu lvl 35/25 (or so i'm slow to update my sig) Rat Inquisitor/cook freeport
Server:Unrest
Guild: Dragon Seekers
harlock_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 01:46 AM   #14
MacAll

General

The last 3 are:
Widdershin (HoF)
Screaming Mace (CT)
Prismatic (Deception)

If you don't face pain, you won't know fear. If you haven't conquered fear, you will never know the Truth.
MacAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 08:33 PM   #15
aethertong

Throughout most of my 20's, I used the Skullcrusher. Somewhere in the late 20s or early 30s, I could finally equip a feysteel morning star (loot drop in some zones). In the late 30s I did one of the Utilitarian quests in Zek to get the Deathfist Utility Hammer. My next and probably final weapon will be the Screaming Mace (heritage quest).
aethertong is offline   Reply With Quote