EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Conjuror
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-21-2006, 01:54 AM   #1
Fandyi

I just restarted after a long hiatus, and ended up making a Gnome Conjuror- however, running around Qeynos, it seems like 90% of the Mages I come across are Conjies.Is this generally the case? I hate playing the most ubiquitus class.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:58 AM   #2
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

Undeniably, Conjurors have exploded in popularity between LU13 and now. However, I really don't see a lot of them reach the high end (not to say they don't, I just don't see it. Highly subjective statement of course).

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:18 AM   #3
TwistedFaith

Loremaster

Xalmat wrote:Undeniably, Conjurors have exploded in popularity between LU13 and now. However, I really don't see a lot of them reach the high end (not to say they don't, I just don't see it. Highly subjective statement of course).
They are a great and fun class is why. I have a 47 necro and he's a awesome soloer and got so much utlity.Since LU13 I would list summoners and rangers as examples of classes done well that people enjoy playing.You rarely see either class complain, except now with rangers.
TwistedFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:02 AM   #4
tass

Loremaster

lol ya like that ranger fool to demand a summoner nerf. and ya conjurers are massly played but sadly ive found alot of people dont have a bloody clue how to play em, I try and stay away from them as much as possible when i play my zerk tank because they always get there [Removed for Content] killed or somehow get a grp whiped. shame to because if played roight the conjurers is 1 of the best grp classes to have.
tass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:13 PM   #5
Mathaleus

Loremaster

Well, in my guild I'm the only main Conjuror above 60, heck above 40 I think even.  That being said, there are only so many options for classes in each city type and the only reason you notice Conj as being so abundant is because of the pet that makes them standout.  If you ran around FP, you'd probably think the same of Necros.  At high levels, I haven't noticed more of us than of others though really.

80Conjuror of Everfrost

Elderach - 70 Inquisitor

Gerock - 61 Guardian

Mathaleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:06 PM   #6
Ai064

Loremaster

lol ya like that ranger fool to demand a summoner nerf. and ya conjurers are massly played but sadly ive found alot of people dont have a bloody clue how to play em, I try and stay away from them as much as possible when i play my zerk tank because they always get there [Removed for Content] killed or somehow get a grp whiped. shame to because if played roight the conjurers is 1 of the best grp classes to have.

Btw I'm still waiting for the summoner nerf.  I may have to wait a long time but it'll hit you eventually....I have faith in SOE for that much at least.  Sorcerers and summoner nerfs FTW!!!

Ai064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:12 PM   #7
TaigeStrid

Ai064 wrote:

Btw I'm still waiting for the summoner nerf.  I may have to wait a long time but it'll hit you eventually....I have faith in SOE for that much at least.  Sorcerers and summoner nerfs FTW!!!

Yea. I'm waiting and expecting it soon.

As of right now, a lot of people play conjurors. Very few (10 on my server) are above level 60. And as far as I know, only 1 level 70. SMILEY

In the high end... Conjurors are the undisputed DPS class in the game. Period. With your level 60 assasin pet doing a parsed 900dps. Plus your own damage. Its easy to burn things down. However it truly takes a good player to keep from getting your group wiped. If your tank switches targets and your pet stays on the mob... your pet will die, and you're next. So it takes a degree of skill to keep from dying.

Nightflower Aint`Scurred
70 Templar - The Bazaar
TaigeStrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:45 PM   #8
Rit

Conjuror numbers are MASSIVE sub-30 on Oasis.They tend to dwindle in the 40s I've noticed, and I see less of them running around in the 50s and 60s.I agree with the statement of most dont have a clue how to play them however. I saw one soloing in EL as I was passing through gathering one day, with his fire pet and had to run from battle 2 out of the 3 times I saw him soloing.I sent him a tell saying, "you should use your tellurian pet when soloing, he's designed to tank for you, igneous has no HP and will only get you killed when soloing". He replied, "Yeah but fire pet does more damage, and if i kill them fast enough, they die faster".
Rit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:53 PM   #9
Loral

General

Met a lv22 Conjuror in the Thundering Steppes. I had to tell him that fireshield was not a buff you usually put on the Conjuror, but on the tank or the pet. Also had no clue what slivers where used for. Forgot to send the pet in battle about 1/3 of the time. Either a true newbie, or a very infrequently-played alternate.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:10 AM   #10
Banditman

Loremaster

I'd like to see a Scout pet Parse 900 DPS.  I really would.  Link?
Old 03-07-2006, 01:24 AM   #11
Daeloq

Loremaster

Banditman wrote:I'd like to see a Scout pet Parse 900 DPS.  I really would.  Link?

I cleared the parse logs the other night, but I was grouped in SoS with a 68 conj.  With his scout pet, he was often parsing over 1,000 dps.  I think over the course of a few hours, he averaged about 850 - 875.  I don't know how much was atibutable to the pet, since it had the same name as the character and they combined into one line...  but I do know he was taking it easy because we had a 65 tank.

So what does that mean?  Absolutely nothing except that I definitely think it's possible to see the pet parsing over 1,000 at level 70, with a proper tank and liberal use of our pet proc spells.

BTW - what a fun group.  We also had me (63 conj), a 65 ranger and a 64 nec and we just burned the place down.  (and I was 2nd high dps for the night by a wide margin - they really need to implement those planned ranger fixes).

Daeloq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:14 PM   #12
Vonyor

Loremaster

I have a lvl 64 conjuror and at higher lvls there are alot more necromancers then conjurors. At least on Atonia Bayle.
Vonyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:28 PM   #13
StaticLex

Loremaster

I'd like to see a Scout pet Parse 900 DPS.  I really would.  Link?

Only 900?  I have had the thing parse over 2000 if I remember right.  You have to burn alot of spells to get those stats but 900 is hardly a god figure.
When you've played this game for ten years and gone to bat seven-thousand times and gotten two-thousand hits do you know what that really means? It means you've gone zero for five-thousand. --- Reggie Jackson
StaticLex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 08:20 PM   #14
Nezzr

Yeah, Ive parsed at over 4k dps because the fight lasted 1 second, but to have a pet parse at 900 DPS on an extended fight, like a raid or just mobs with alot of HP, would impress the hell out of me.  The highest Ive ever parsed on an epic mob was somewhere around 1300 on some x2 guards in the swiftrider camp (My Monk friend and I were bored, so we duo'd them...barely)  Saying that your PET alone can parse over 2000 is believable in a fight that lasts a couple seconds, but do that on a raid, and I will drop to my knees and worship him.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:43 PM   #15
Ickky

Loremaster

Playing your Conjuror right is a skill.

I grouped with a level 62 Conjuror the other night and he didn't know what CoH was, nor did he have it scribed. LMFAO

How the hell did he get to level 62 without knowing that ???? Maybe an Ebayer !!!

Ickky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:04 PM   #16
Janl

Loremaster

Or maybe CotH was just added in the last expansion, and he doesn't spend all his time reading spoilers and message boards.  Just because he didn't know about a (arguably) nearly useless spell doesn't make him an "Ebayer".
Old 03-13-2006, 07:06 PM   #17
Daeloq

Loremaster

Ickky wrote:

Playing your Conjuror right is a skill.

I grouped with a level 62 Conjuror the other night and he didn't know what CoH was, nor did he have it scribed. LMFAO

How the hell did he get to level 62 without knowing that ???? Maybe an Ebayer !!!

In that player's defense, spells don't come automatically after level 50, and CoTH has to be sage-crafted (or found as a Adept 1 drop).  It doesn't show up very often on the broker (at least it didn't around the time I was looking for it) either.  When it does show up, people are usually charging Adept III prices because of the scarcity... 

That being said, I can understand not having the spell scribed - although I would imagine the player has been asked about it at least a few times in the past 10 levels.

Not everyone reads the forums or class specific websites, so not all players are as well as informed about their class as we who spend time here are.

Old 03-13-2006, 07:34 PM   #18
Ickky

Loremaster

Or maybe CotH was just added in the last expansion, and he doesn't spend all his time reading spoilers and message boards.  Just because he didn't know about a (arguably) nearly useless spell doesn't make him an "Ebayer".

CoH has been there since DoF. Level 52

So,you play a class and don't want to find out what all your spells etc do, or what you have to do to get them, then I suggest you go play a FPS.

A nearly ( arguably) useless spell, hopefully you dont play a conjuror, if you do, stop now, and play something else. My guild love the fact I can CoH them half-way around the world. Deep in a dungeon, last member/late guildies zones in I CoH him to my feet where he/she is ready to fight, no going back to fetch them, no training to grp, no death getting there. Would you like to travel on your own down to the bowels of Temple of scale, Living Tombs, I think you would prefer for me to CoH you ??
Old 03-13-2006, 07:42 PM   #19
Ickky

Loremaster

In that player's defense, spells don't come automatically after level 50... I knew this as do the majority of players if they read the release notes there is no reason not to find out and play your toon to the best of ones ability.

It doesn't show up very often on the broker (at least it didn't around the time I was looking for it) either.  When it does show up, people are usually charging Adept III prices because of the scarcity... I play on Splitpaw and there's oodles of them on the broker and not expensive.

Old 03-13-2006, 07:58 PM   #20
Daeloq

Loremaster

Ickky wrote:
In that player's defense, spells don't come automatically after level 50... I knew this as do the majority of players if they read the release notes there is no reason not to find out and play your toon to the best of ones ability.

It doesn't show up very often on the broker (at least it didn't around the time I was looking for it) either.  When it does show up, people are usually charging Adept III prices because of the scarcity... I play on Splitpaw and there's oodles of them on the broker and not expensive.

Says who?  You, me?  People have different goals and objectives in the game.  If a person want to play very casually and not put in all the research time, that's their option.  They spend their $15 a month just like we do and are entitled to play to their style just as much as we are. 

You are entitled not to play with that player if you so choose, but don't try to impose your playstyle on them.

Old 03-14-2006, 07:43 AM   #21
Janl

Loremaster

Check my sig next time before asking if I play a Conjuror.  FYI, I've played a Conjuror since pre-release beta.  I'm not saying CotH doesn't have it's occasional uses, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not that big a deal.  It's nothing more than a convenience.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:26 AM   #22
PcJUNKE

Lord

1 Conjis are WAY over played mostly are alts so i have to say go play your mains plz and stop buyin my masters....second i am 67 now and parsed 2k on a solo mob in Bonemire woot woot
Old 03-17-2006, 11:34 AM   #23
PcJUNKE

Lord

heh just saw everything about CoTHwhat you guys talking about CoTH is a GREAT lil spell to have it is VERY Useful and every conj casual player or not needs it based on the fact you will prolly make a grp [Removed for Content] if they ask you to CoTH someone deep in a zone and you go well who wants to CoTH him......everyone needs this spell nuff saidplus you can make a lil money using it if you have the time LOL
Old 03-17-2006, 09:47 PM   #24
Caliga

Loremaster

It's overplayed because anyone can play it.  I've heard of conjurors sitting in a place were wandering mobs would arggo them, setting their pet to defend and go to sleep.   Its the only class other than nec that you can play and not be at your computer.    So even the worst players have a better chance of survival as a summoner than any other class.   Unfortunately that gives summoners a bad name when these people are able to level up and get groups without actually having learned anything.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:52 PM   #25
Sokolov

Loremaster

valleyboy1 wrote:

Xalmat wrote:Undeniably, Conjurors have exploded in popularity between LU13 and now. However, I really don't see a lot of them reach the high end (not to say they don't, I just don't see it. Highly subjective statement of course).
They are a great and fun class is why. I have a 47 necro and he's a awesome soloer and got so much utlity.Since LU13 I would list summoners and rangers as examples of classes done well that people enjoy playing.You rarely see either class complain, except now with rangers.
Classes that own everyone in DPS is always considered "done well," "fun," and "balanced.

Healing Guide - Version 0.5
Fate has perfect wings
Sokolov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 12:16 AM   #26
syous01

Loremaster

To the person who was posting 800dps on average in Sanctum of Scale, that sounds about right. 900 is a peak I guess w/ crits. Last night in vaults, as a 67 conjuror I was parsing 650-700DPS using blazing presence, shattered terrain, seismeic tremor, calcify and the pet deagro AA every fight. Shattered terrain is only adept 1.

Also, I hope the nerf conjurors, that way alot of people will stop playing them and I can be the only gnome conjuror above 65 on EverFrost, weeee!
Old 03-18-2006, 08:21 AM   #27
Caliga

Loremaster

syous01 wrote:
To the person who was posting 800dps on average in Sanctum of Scale, that sounds about right. 900 is a peak I guess w/ crits. Last night in vaults, as a 67 conjuror I was parsing 650-700DPS using blazing presence, shattered terrain, seismeic tremor, calcify and the pet deagro AA every fight. Shattered terrain is only adept 1.

Also, I hope the nerf conjurors, that way alot of people will stop playing them and I can be the only gnome conjuror above 65 on EverFrost, weeee!

Who wants to be the only person playing a suckie class?
Old 03-18-2006, 09:48 AM   #28
syous01

Loremaster

pinkdove80 wrote:

syous01 wrote:

Who wants to be the only person playing a suckie class?

A. There is more to a game than DPS and raids. DPS nerf doesn't make a class suck.B. With DPS nerf, I can still heal, disarm chests, summon group / raid members to me, summon manastone like items, snare very well, root very well, and invis others. I have utility coming out the wazoo.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:16 PM   #29
Caliga

Loremaster

You didn't say you hope they nerf conjurors' dps, you said you hope they nerf conjurors.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:10 PM   #30
KGr

I have a level 64 Conjurer on Oasis and there is absolutely tons of things I don't know (and I've been playing since the first day of the original release).

I'm very casual...solo mostly...and just chat in the game with some of my online friends while I whack mobs and do occasional quests.

I play to have fun.  The way I have fun is the way I play.  I don't know how other people play nor do I care (I assume they play the way they want).

It irks me a little when I see players judge others because they don't do something a certain way or because they don't know a certain fact, etc.

If you want to spend your time learning everything there is to know about every spell and piece of equipment...go for it...I'll never fault you for a second.

Just don't tell me how I should spend my time in the game and we'll get along much better.