EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Traveler's Tales
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #61
niko_teen

Loremaster

Well I've run a couple of thoughts through my mind. one of them being to spoil my daughter SOOO badly that no man will ever put up with her crap. But they again my wife was spoiled and i still married her. so that one is out.

another idea (that is in motion) is enrolling her in martial arts at age 2 so by the time she get to that point hopefully she'll bully the boys, and no one will want to date a girl who can beat them up. I've dated a girl who could kick my butt. Doesn't last.

My wife has this crazy idea about making sure that she has lots of self esteme and is able to not put her self in situations. I'm a little ware of that one tho. I much more like the idea of my little pumpkin kicking a guy in the junk cause he tried to talk to her.

As SOE and I disagree on creative rights my series can be found at: theshattering.com
niko_teen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:12 PM   #62
Tain

General

My ex-husband is a cop in our town too, which helps a bit lol

But most importantly my daughter is alot like me.  She doesn't take anything off of anyone and if someone tries to mess with her she doesn't put up with it.

Tain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:52 PM   #63
niko_teen

Loremaster

BTW Tainda Grats on your name turning blue once again

As SOE and I disagree on creative rights my series can be found at: theshattering.com
niko_teen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:57 PM   #64
Tain

General

niko_teen wrote:
BTW Tainda Grats on your name turning blue once again
Hahah thanks!  My one year anniversary, it's a miracle!
Tain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:36 PM   #65
Jnom

Loremaster

Cersiana: Wow, I don't think I've ran into another LDL author as of yet. I do hope you decide to start posting (or maybe you already have, I haven't been visiting the boards as regularly as before...getting killed at work).

Although the original question has long since been derailed, I will also throw in my own meager two cents here. All of my characters are based either on my main, a few on my alts, and a lot on friends I knew in the game. I changed their names in the story, but retained some part of the name as to preserve their "memory" so to speak.

Have a good day all.

Jnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:52 PM   #66
AvalonSpirit

Loremaster

hmm my characters....  a few are my own, a few belong to others who gave me prior approval, and all the rest i made up.  course making things up is easy when your not worried about truly following game rules/lore hehe.
AvalonSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:59 PM   #67
Sordia

Loremaster

I make it up.  I use NPCs in game if the role is one that makes sense for them to fill.  I don't use other people's characters.  I just sort of worry about making them sound the way the person playing them would want them to sound to do it.  The only exception to this is my husband's characters and then I can ask him before I finish if it is right.
Sordia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:43 AM   #68
MysidiaDrakkenbane

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

Now I'e dabbled a bit in writing back before this seemed to be quiet as active of a board. But a question. When you make a story how many charactrs are actually from the game? (ie. do you use peoples toons you know in game) If so, do you get permission and how do you build their character.. er I hard to say I suppose.. Do you base it on the way the person plays in game or mm Idk how else to put it hehe ^_^

All of my main characters are usually other people's characters that I've played with.

Mysidia - is my main, Akahsha - is my assassin alt, Aconitine - is my necro alt, Raevenwolf - is my swashy alt, Feja - is my mystic alt. Machene is played by my RL husband and Austforbeer is his ranger alt. Kryimsson is my younger brother's character and Xerbius is my baby brother's character.

James, Kaglaaz, Draya - these are guildies I've had the pleasure of grouping and raiding with.

I try to use NPC's as much as I can so that the reader gets a familiar feeling when reading my story. There are a few made up characters in my story, but I try to keep that at a minimum. Mainly because I'm not really all that great with coming up with names on a whim. This is why "Drin-Sha's" name is merely a Rydian phrase and not an actual name. Truth be told, I haven't come up with a decent one for him, yet.

MysidiaDrakkenbane is offline   Reply With Quote