EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Warlock
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-12-2005, 06:29 AM   #1
yzyh

Loremaster

Should I do liek EQ1 and spend everything in STA. Since Int were easely capped and when your doing raids. You want to survive. Beeing dead with full mana mean nothing SMILEY

or EQ2 is different and I should spend stats point I gain when I lvls into Intelligence  ?
yzyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:37 AM   #2
Ata

What race are you?  What are your stats now?  Also, you have to consider the availability of items (and buffs!) that increase stats...  If you have trouble finding items that increase a particular stat you might want to raise it more naturally.
Ata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 02:56 PM   #3
Panad

General

I'd say go for INT, especially with that upcoming change to spells that'll favor INT. You'll have trouble to find INT on certain armor pieces anyway (for example wrist, waist etc.) so you can go for STA there. Imo Sta is not too important if you got a good tank and high resists against AoE spells and if a mob hits for like 1k it won't really matter a whole lot if you got 2000 or 2100 HPs, for example. Well, that's what I did, you gotta decide for yourself though.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:00 PM   #4
yzyh

Loremaster

I forgot to emntion that my question were basd on High end raids.

in EQ1 yeah int were better untill you were in the high end. There you were regreting to ahve spent your starting stat point into INT over STA :-p
Old 05-12-2005, 08:23 PM   #5
Atd

I'd go INT.

You need to remember this game is nothing like EQ1 and the old rules do not apply here. You need to shoot for a unbuffed int of 200 and after that you can find items with sta if you want. I'm 34 and my unbuffed int is 184 and I hardly ever run out of power. I'm not sure about the high end game but the mid level game so far sta has no use for me so far.
Atd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:30 PM   #6
yzyh

Loremaster

ya but I am not talking about items. Ia m talking about the stats you can buff soemtimes when you do get a lvl ? And Also I am plaing for the end game. hate to spend so many hours to find out I made the wrong choice SMILEY
Old 05-13-2005, 10:36 AM   #7
Xtremeeeee

If you have a good tank there is no reason at all to have the extra few hitpoints from the stamina. Right now intelligence increases your power pool but in future updates it will effect damage output. I am not sure that if you are in a raid your intelligence gets capped to say 300, but I highly doubt it does.
Xtremeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote