EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 12:45 AM   #1
Malvin
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Felwithe Freedom Fighters

Loremaster

I understand that the content of AoD is not included with CoE, but if you purchase CoE the AA limit should be set to the same as AoD.  Without having access to the same amount of AA as everybody else you are basically saying that those players can not be competitive with end game content... heck, there are raid guilds that wont even talk to you unless you have max AA.

I cannot see paying 40 dollars for 20 AA points, that seems brutal for players returning and wanting to play the new content/expansion.

Malvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
feldon30

Fansite Staff

How many classes really benefit from having spent 320 vs. just 300 AAs? I thought most classes have all their endlines and useful stuff by 288. Also, AoD cost as little as $5 with all the triple SC, Walmart deal, rebates, etc. if you bought it at the right time. Maybe they'll reduce AoD after Chains of Eternity comes out.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
General_Info

Lord

if you jsut in it for the AA increase it's not worth it which seems to be the case for you. if you arent interested in the other features of AoD then dont buy it. if you are interested in the other feature wait and hope they do a AoD reduced price sale.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
feldon30

Fansite Staff

Dungeon Maker fell short of my expectations, but Beastlords and Mercs are pretty solid. AoD is definitely worth $20 if you can get it half off.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
Avianna
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Ronin

Loremaster

Well having to buy 2 expansions for a returning player would definately be a turn off. The new expansions should include all content up to that point. They want returning players that is the way to do it.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
bucketon

Loremaster

i'm willing to bet it will come down in price when it becomes the second oldest expansion. my guess is it will become 19.99 when the new expansion comes out.

bucketon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

they put all those spell weapon trash stats on gear, so for a main raider toon thats a mage, AoD wa a must just to reforge the garbage stats to somehting usefull.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #8
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

I understand that the content of AoD is not included with CoE, but if you purchase CoE the AA limit should be set to the same as AoD.  Without having access to the same amount of AA as everybody else you are basically saying that those players can not be competitive with end game content... heck, there are raid guilds that wont even talk to you unless you have max AA.

I cannot see paying 40 dollars for 20 AA points, that seems brutal for players returning and wanting to play the new content/expansion.

no , if you didnt buy aod you should'nt get any of the features of it just for buying CoE. people could have got it dirt cheap , im talkin under 5 bucks but those people refused so thats on them. if your truely wanting to be competitive you would have bough it long ago for the reforging , and aa alone .

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #9
General_Info

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Well having to buy 2 expansions for a returning player would definately be a turn off. The new expansions should include all content up to that point. They want returning players that is the way to do it.

you dont 'have to' buy 2 expansions as a returnnig player AOD is a feature pack not a true expansion all it contains is mercs, an aa increase, beastlord class and reforging none of which are required to progress.

If you want to play at the max level all you need to buy is CoE nothing more.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #10
Finora

Tester

20 AA are part of the AOD expansion. If you want them, buy the expansion. Simple. You could have gotten it a couple of months ago for half price (or less if you happened to have bought SC when it was a double or triple sale). That was right before they removed them from purchase with SC.

If that 20 aa is really that big of a deal... fork over your money. If it's not a big enough of a deal that you want to pay for it, wait until it goes on sale or otherwise drops in price.

Like General Info said, there is nothing at all included in AOD that is required for progress. You just will have a few fewer aa than people who paid for it. You can level up to 95 and do the COE content without it.

Right now your post just makes it seem like you want something for nothing.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
crazyeyes321

Loremaster

I wish those 20 AA had their own unique tree.  After 300 AA the choices start to suck.

crazyeyes321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #12
Malvin
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Felwithe Freedom Fighters

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

20 AA are part of the AOD expansion. If you want them, buy the expansion. Simple. You could have gotten it a couple of months ago for half price (or less if you happened to have bought SC when it was a double or triple sale). That was right before they removed them from purchase with SC.

If that 20 aa is really that big of a deal... fork over your money. If it's not a big enough of a deal that you want to pay for it, wait until it goes on sale or otherwise drops in price.

Like General Info said, there is nothing at all included in AOD that is required for progress. You just will have a few fewer aa than people who paid for it. You can level up to 95 and do the COE content without it.

Right now your post just makes it seem like you want something for nothing.

I don't want something for nothing, what I don't want to do is pay over 70 dollars to be able to play a game that is over 8 years old.  Why would anybody come back to the game if they had to pay that much?  I understand why the raiders complain so much about not being able to recruit new people.

Malvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #13
SteelPiston

Loremaster

I spend my AoD 20AA mostly on least crappy of the crappy choices left. They don't contribute much.

Mercs are great and it was fun leveling a BL to 92/92/320, but reforging is the biggest plus of AoD. Most decent raid guilds won't talk to you unless you have the ability to tweak out your toon at the reforger and you require AoD for reforging. All that useless and underpowered spell attack needs reforging.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:09 AM   #14
zehly

Loremaster

20 AA definately gives a little more flexibility, and more selection in trying different builds. Mercenaries are good folks to have on your side in a pinch (or on a regular basis). Reforging gear is currently the ideal way to min/max your stats. $40 seems like a good investment for these and other features. As others have pointed out: this feature pack is not a requirement for gameplay. I was not discouraged to return to the game after two years when I found out that to get fully "up to speed" I'd need to fork over $40 for AoD and $20 for DoV. For me, it went a little something like this: - Recover my account with Customer Service because I forgot my login, password, and the email I'd used. - Installed the game via updater and signed in for the first time as free-to-play and was rewarded with about 30 AA resets and everything unattuned. - After getting reacquainted and deciding it was indeed worth the gold subscription, I punched in my CC# and off I went, until.. - I purchased AoD for $40 until I got to level 90 and then.. - I purchased DoV for $20 and merrily I went. Other returning players I've talked to tell similar tales. As for new players? $60 (assuming they reduce the AoD price) doesn't seem at all unreasonable for the wealth of content available in an eight-year-old game. And even if they don't reduce the price, $80 is still decent considering you can buy them one at a time (heck, you can start with no investment at all to see if you like it -- if you make it to 90, you'll probably end up getting at least one anyway!)

Savior Niekko, 92/320 Templar

Sir Trixle, ??/??? Brigand
zehly is offline   Reply With Quote