EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Dungeon Maker
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
Ahlana

Loremaster

Why the stealth nerf to DM Tokens..getting waaaaaay less than yesterday.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Avianna
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Ronin

Loremaster

getting way less than two hours ago.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #3
Patan
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Voices Within

Loremaster

Yeah, went from getting 100 to 16

Patan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
Vashte
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Guardians Of Antiquity

Loremaster

My Spider Infestation went from a 177 dm reward down to 29 dm.

Why the sudden Harsh slaughter of mark rewards just when the dungeon maker gets a little life breathed into it again?

I mean, 16% of what it was before? Ouch, that is Harsh with a capital H.

Vashte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
Ahlana

Loremaster

Yup a zone that gave 100 Tokens now gives 16....

They gave no notice .. just stealth nerf on it. Guess I am done with it again

Old 07-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #6
Vashte
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Guardians Of Antiquity

Loremaster

A quote from the official news section says:

"The reduction to the tokens earned in DM is temporary. We hope to have token values restored early next week. We'll update you as we have more information."

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=520192

Thank goodness for the rumor mill ingame, or I'd have been mightily discouraged and quit work on the best dungeon I've made to date. *snicker*. But, in the meantime, running dungeons will suck until they adjust the rewards again.

*edit: added red to the quote text since I apparently can't figure out how the quote feature works, lol

Vashte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
alaplayer

Elder

lol

Obviously this is their way of encourqaging the use of it.

Well a post made before mine posted updates some info, still too little too late why anyone would find this acceptable is beyond me. It COULD be fixed with the same rapidity it was broken, the desire is just not there.

I don't care for the DM myself but this type of behavior from them changes like this on a Friday and packing it home for the weekend is not a good way to build good relations with the playerbase.

alaplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #8
Grumble69

Loremaster

So they can nerf it, no problem.  But to restore back to what it should be, that's going to require a few days.   ....yeah, right....

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #9
Cenen

Loremaster

Yesterday I tried a couple of Dungeon Maker dungeons. First playing as a character (L90 conjuror) instead of as an avatar.  That was disasterous.  My pet couldn't hold agro and my group AoE spells were useless as the mobs were not really grouped.  And my spells didn't do anywhere enough damage.

Second, I tried my favorite DM farm as an avatar.  I found my combat arts as an avatar were way too powerful.  My AoE combat art instantly killed everything in range.  I could snag 3 groups of 10 mobs and kill them all with one AoE!  The dungeon that usually takes 2.5 hours to get 900 DM only took 20 minutes.

It's almost as if my conjuror had spells that were too low level for the dungeon and the avatar had combat arts too high level for the dungeon.

I've been afraid to play a Dungeon Maker dungeon again since then because I though I would be accused of using an exploit.  Maybe this nerf is to address this issue.

Cenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #10
Novusod

Loremaster

It would have been smarter to increase the price of the Mystery Box to 300 tokens so the rest of the duneon builder items don't become hard to get.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #11
Slaspen
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Vivid

Loremaster

Probebly nerfed cause people like me made dungeons with 1000+ mobs in then that could be killed in around 15 minutes solo (no merc). No design, No story... just packed filled with mobs to kill quick and easy for the fastest xp/token possible.

Had 0 tokens when I started my freshly made dungeon, 13 minutes later I got 1000+ tokens, and around 450k xp.

(92/320 warlock, no merc).

However, it was just as booring to play dm with my own toon as it was with an avatar so not going back again.

Golbezz wrote:

If casual players actually put as much effort into learning their class as they do calling for content difficulty nerfs they might actually find that most group content is not anywhere close to being too difficult.

Slaspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #12
Grumble69

Loremaster

Novusod wrote:

It would have been smarter to increase the price of the Mystery Box to 300 tokens so the rest of the duneon builder items don't become hard to get.

The original price was fine.  It's a roll of the dice as to what you're going to get.  If you push it up to 300 and I can't aquire it within 3 crates (on average), I'll just save and outright buy it.  And if they move the price of the item up as well, I just won't play DM.  I'm not going to waste tons of time on it.  DM is very, very niche.  The items you get there are niche.  We don't need no dev getting cold feet about item costs.  DM just outright sucks.  But I will try it out *on occasion* if there are a few things I'm wanting / needing.

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #13
Lamatu

Loremaster

I ran the same dungeon I always do on Crushone and its labled 100 tokens solo and got the same tokens as before 108.

So 10 runs in a hour to get the 1k marks to buy the new fabled charm. Now last night before they took out the mystery crates I got many of the 90 fabled 500 token charms out of the 5 token crates.

This was as my own toon at level 92. So Hopefully its back to normal for the rest of you.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #14
feldon30

Fansite Staff

Lamatu wrote:

I ran the same dungeon I always do on Crushone and its labled 100 tokens solo and got the same tokens as before 108.

So 10 runs in a hour to get the 1k marks to buy the new fabled charm. Now last night before they took out the mystery crates I got many of the 90 fabled 500 token charms out of the 5 token crates.

This was as my own toon at level 92. So Hopefully its back to normal for the rest of you.

Yes it was fixed, I believe, around 10pm PDT last night.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote