EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
Sigue

Lorekeeper

Quote:
Important: We will perform maintenance beginning at 4:00 AM Pacific* on October 29, 2012. We expect this maintenance to take approximately 4 hours. This will impact the following services:

Login for all SOE games will be affected for the first hour

Commerce transactions, including purchases on our websites and in-game marketplaces, will be unavailable

Account management will be unavailable

We apologize for this interruption and will resume all affected services as soon as the maintenance is completed.

Well, I tried to log in after the first hour and couldn't (not even to the forums).  So I just figured the maintenance was running a bit long.  Well, it's now been almost 3 hours and I still can't get into the game (although I can log in).  Says my server is down.  Hmmm... I didn't see server downtime in the notes I quoted above.  Anyways, my point is not to complain about maintenance running over time.  What bothers me is the lack of communication or the ability to easily find it if communication was made.  Nothing on the forums (OK, so I couldn't log in, maybe they can't either so...).  I checked @everquestii twitter where the original maintenance announcement was also made.  Nope, no update.

So, my question is... can we get some communication from you guys when maintenance is being planned (like it was), in progress/cancelled, and/or extended?

Thanks!

Sigue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
Avianna
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Ronin

Loremaster

I can log in no problem but I cannot play cause the server is down. There is a difference.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

Luckily for me, I have a very good game of Nethack going.

Identify spellbook, AND amulet of life saving. This could run deep.

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
Tikshadow

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

LOVE NetHack! ...wonder if I still have it installed on this computer, hmmm.

Tikshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #5
Kenkonken

Apprentice

The notice really doesn't say anything about the servers being down, just that you can't login, and even that was much longer than the stated hour it should've taken.

From what I understand, this is a SOE-wide maintenance having to do with the Marketplace, so I don't know why they would have to take the servers down for that in the first place.

I understand they added Krono, but that shouldn't take 4 hours to add one item and an ugly interface.

Kenkonken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

Tikshadow wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

LOVE NetHack! ...wonder if I still have it installed on this computer, hmmm.

Darned soldier ants. 

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
ZUES

Loremaster

Krono is live in EQ2! Buy, trade, sell 30 days of Gold Membership time! To Buy or Use Krono in game, open your Character’s Equipment panel (“C” is the hotkey) and find the Krono interface at the bottom. For more detail, see http://tinyurl.com/eq2krono

That's it? All of this, just for THAT? Really?

ZUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
Kenkonken

Apprentice

ZUES wrote:

Krono is live in EQ2! Buy, trade, sell 30 days of Gold Membership time! To Buy or Use Krono in game, open your Character’s Equipment panel (“C” is the hotkey) and find the Krono interface at the bottom. For more detail, see http://tinyurl.com/eq2krono

That's it? All of this, just for THAT? Really?

I'm assuming no. The notice says that all SOE games are down, which means it's something that has to do with all of them. I don't think they'd take down all of them just to put Krono in one of them.

Anyway, it should be back up soon. The posted 4 hours is almost over, unless they extend.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #9
ZUES

Loremaster

It's not all of them it's only EQ2. Claick this link for server status on all SOE games.

http://www.soe.com/status/

Old 10-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #10
Kenkonken

Apprentice

ZUES wrote:

It's not all of them it's only EQ2. Claick this link for server status on all SOE games.

http://www.soe.com/status/

They must've finished with the other games already then, because the notice posted said that ALL SOE games would be impacted.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #11
Sigue

Lorekeeper

ok, so it's 5 minutes after the 4 hour window... it is at this point someobody at SOE should be posting on the forums and/or Twitter that the maintenance is almost done and the servers will be up soon OR that maintenance is being extended and another update will come when more info is available.

At least that's how I run my IT shop when doing maintenance that impacts users/customers.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #12
Feylone
Server: Unrest_old
Guild: Fabled of Najena

Loremaster

"We expect this maintenance to take approximately 4 hours"

I don't see where it says exactly 4 hours.  BUT I do agree they should give us an update on how long.  IIRC one of the 'maintenance' took almost all day.  They kept finding things to fix

Feylone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #13
Zoltaroth

Lead Programmer

Opening servers now.

Zoltaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #14
ZUES

Loremaster

Zoltaroth wrote:

Opening servers now.

Thanks for the update!

Old 10-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #15
Sigue

Lorekeeper

Yep.  I'll give them that.  My entire point, though, specifically stated is that communcation on these things is important.

It must have been obvious that people couldn't log in after the first hour as stated.  Communicating that issue would save people time and frustration.  The have a Twitter account, why not use it?  That way customers could stay away from the computer even and get a twitter alert on the device of their choice when they can come back and play (and potentially spend money with them).

Old 10-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #16
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Forums are actually usable now. They loaded slower than my 5yo getting ready for school the past few days. Maybe those got a quick reset as well.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote