EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #31
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

The achievements for the Dungeon Maker to collect tokens and avatars are missing.

The only one that remains is the one to get three dungeons in the HoF section.Bug or intentional? I was so close to getting 100.000 marks

Those achievements are still there but are now hidden until you get them unlocked. This is to avoid there being 20 different achievements of that type cluttering up the listing. That also allows us to get ahead in putting in achievements for quest counts or collections completed even if they are not able to be earned yet but will unlock as we get more quests/collections/etc put into the game.

Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:35 PM   #32
Katz

Loremaster

Unlike some others, I like the looks of the Qeynos main areas.    You kept the flavor of the area and brightened it up just a little.   I'm very glad to have the items from the racial quests on the vendors.   I've wanted a source for those flowers for years.   

I think we have gotten into a complaining habit (me included).   I'm going to work on that.   I was looking around at all we have now that we didn't a couple of years ago, and its a lot.  We can use appearance mounts, we have flying mounts, we have lots of items of use to those of us that love to decorate, we have the Path to the Past chronoquests (which I love doing and led me to game areas I hadn't been to before), we have city festivals and the moonlight grottos.  You can level tinkering, adorning, and transmuting all on the same character.  

I very much enjoyed the DOV expansions, especially the othmir,  the beastlord class is fun, and I've enjoyed the dungeon maker.  I'm enjoying the withering lands quests.

I've just been working on the Freeport quests very recently.   The quests are really well done.  The story that they tell is compelling and I found myself reading the dialog closely.  I expect that the Qeynos quests will be just as interesting.

So thats a long, round about way to say thanks.

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #33
Dreamclouds

Loremaster

Hey Dexella,

Love the GU64 update! But please answer the question about the Antoina Bayle statue. I have a home just waiting for it... and it was the first question in the post and the one that has not been at least mentioned.

Hope it goes in tomorrow SMILEY Please respond. The most frustrating thing that players can feel from a community manager is that they are ignored...and you started the thread SMILEY

thanks

Dreamclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:38 PM   #34
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

The quest storyline was extermely well-done. I liked Freeport's story, but the Qeynos one definitely made me feel a lot more involved and I learned a lot about the city, the queen and a few other major figures. The quests were such a HUGE improvement over the "kill 8 rats, collect 3 tails" quests we had from the FP revamp... there was actual diversity in the tasks! There were some humorous spots too that had me honestly cracking up. SMILEY Kudos to all involved with the quests. Only have done human racial so far but looking forward to the others.

I'm also sad the villages are gone, but expected it after FP. I still think it would be a nice gesture to have tours of the original villages available.

The spots in the city where the art was updated is very nice and not over-the-top (OMG laggy fire) like Freeport's was. However, I agree with another poster above who commented on how the old and new textures clash badly. It would be nice to see all the stone updated to the new textures.

Count me in as waiting for the Antonia statue as well! SMILEY I certainly hope that wasn't forgotten.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #35
Miapa

Loremaster

Can Plane of War gear be un-nerfed please?

I can't give examples because my server/zone just went down, but my Fighter jewelery now has 1.8 attack speed and around 10% MA and similar DPS mod.  It used to have significantly higher.  I'm back to using the Skyshrinne gear in the meantime that has 60-70+ MA/DPS/Attackspeed.

Miapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:20 AM   #36
Brigh

Loremaster

Sound is messed up after the patch.

It echos and crackles. I have heard it with the fighting in Baubbleshire and the last few words the queen verbally says (probably old rehashed statue stuff since it is Heather Graham's voice).

I put in a bug report and posted in the sound tech forum.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #37
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Tiatus wrote:

Of to work right now  but wanted to know if there is a new quest line in Qeynos like the Freeport one that starts at lvl 20 ?

You just need to know where to look. SMILEY   http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/City_of_Qey...Quest_Series%29

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:35 AM   #38
Avianna
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Ronin

Loremaster

I like the new content so far all the changes will take a little getting used to but overall I think it is an improvement.

If I had any more constructive critisizm for the devs it would have to be more voice-overs. I want to be a part of my story not read it out of a text box and voice-overs are a cheap easy way to feel more involved in the game. So, all over Norrath high and low should be many MANY more voice-overs from NPC's. If other players do not like the voice overs there is already option to turn them off if prefered. But as for myself I have to go into stormhold at least once a month to hear BRAINNNNNSSSS! It's what's for dinner! Still cracks me up everytime. Please and Thank You.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:37 AM   #39
Mogrim

Loremaster

a significant quantity of drunder hm gear is worse than udx4 em equivalents... please fix. the gear needs to be tagged as lvl 92 as well so mitigation and damage ratings scale properly.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:45 AM   #40
Finora

Tester

For the quest "Where Help is Needed" the injured Baubbleshire citizens seem to be respawning way slower than they did on test & of course there are many more people on live trying to do the quests. It took more than 3 minutes for them to respawn for me after someone else did that portion of the quest as opposed to the 30seconds or so it seemed to take on Test.

While 3 minutes isn't that long normally, it's a substantial time loss when there are several people standing around trying to do the same quest.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:38 AM   #41
Denavin

Loremaster

After todays update I can't lauch EQ2 at all makes it as far as loading the first window and then DEP kicks in and closes everquest 2 can't disable DEP either.

Denavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:43 AM   #42
Tigerr

Lord

Devs, the casting window is completely broken.... I was targeting the Maintank tonight and I was watching her spam her attacks ALL night... I could NOT catch any AoE's from the mobs and it was IMPOSSIBLE to time any cures... This is NOT needed and if this was intentional, please give us an option to turn it off. Even the cast bar on the NPC is borked, it is NOT in sync with the actual AoE and it cuts off halfway through the cast.. Even targeting through the mob, all i see is spam attacks from the tanks, this should not be this way... Noone wants to see player casts. Fix the cast window please, it completely messes up EVERY single priest that times cures/deathprevents and the like.
Tigerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #43
Weebee

Champion

Morning all.  Not sure if this was reported:

Doing the lvl 20 high elf quest

Purest of pure quest, I cannot click on the NCP when she is at the dock inQeynos Harbor to advance the quest.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #44
Weebee

Champion

The only "complaint" I have so far other than my NPC not working, is the gnolls in willow wood and on the central farmlands..........at lvl 20 on my Illie, they are lvl 20, and very very hard to kill.  For my Illie.  Havent tried it on anyone else yet...

Old 07-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #45
General_Info

Lord

I like the way the city has been redone aside from the loss of the burbs of course.

I like the quests i hope that when or rather *if* we reach the point that we can level to 100 that they will make more archetype and storyline quests for freeport and qeynos (since the quests follow a +20 level progression)

I also hope they will add more items to the faction vendors in all cities too.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #46
Geothe

Loremaster

As a poster above said... the casting bar is all screwy.

You made a change for PvP servers that complelely messed up PvE.  Its near imposible to see the mob's cast bar with their target's cast bar going crazy at the same time.  Completely disable this "feature" or make it only active on PVP servers.  It has no place on PvE and is an outright detriment.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #47
Kerahzey

Loremaster

Fix the casting bar ASAP.  You devs put in these these crazy aoe's and and death touch's where every priest has to stare at the f'ing cast bar to PRECURE(like its a dirty word) then you screw up the casting bar so you can't even accurately precure.  I almost left the game over precuring but I hung in there and got better at it and now were back to guessing or letting it hit then cure it.  Did I mention I hate precurring ??

Old 07-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #48
yal3l3a

Loremaster

Chatlag.

it was bad before the revamp and its still bad.

please fix , its rather annoying

yal3l3a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #49
Eirele

Loremaster

The casting bar screw up HAS to be fixed as a priority today. This is not a minor inconvenience it is a major headache that can't be left uncorrected for a few days.

Eirele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #50
Mermut

Loremaster

Dexella wrote:

The Voice Chat issues should be resolved at this time. Please let us know if you have any problems.

And thanks for the great feedback so far!  

~Dexella

Voice seems to be borked again. I can't join any channels, not even guild.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #51
Absyntheea
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Lost Boys

Loremaster

As myself and other people have pointed out, you have commented on every other issue EXCEPT for the statue that was promised last year. Could we get an offical answer to that please?

Absyntheea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #52
Ashlie
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Order of Concord

Loremaster

Last night while working on the final priest quest, "Divine Intervention", I was kicked out of my instance because someone else zoned into while I was spawning the event. As soon as I landed on the other side I was zoning back in to the same instance as the zone out point when you get kicked is on top of the portal. When I got back in, it appeared to kick the other person out. I managed to get off the portal before it ported me back in the second time I was kicked out.

I went and turned in another quest in the Province District, came back. Apparently the other person was still in there, because as soon as I was zoned in, I'd get a message saying that I exceeded the number of people allowed in the zone.

We need a fix for being sent into the same zone, when it's suppose to be a solo zone.

I, too, want to add my voice to the where is the Antonia statue that we were promised would come with this revamp.

Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #53
Te'ana

Tester

Converted battlegrounds tokens, Legacy Marks, have suddenly become No Trade and popped out of my shared bank into the currency tab of the first character I logged on with.

Also fresh-cut roses suddenly became No Trade and are stuck in my shared bank with an error message saying "You cannot store this item in the shared bank." You cannot take them out and you cannot move them around in the shared bank. They just sit there mocking you!

This issue is still with us. Is there a timeframe for fixing this?

Te'ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #54
Finora

Tester

The on screen pop ups are still disappearing too fast to read for some of the quests & the text is not showing up in the chat window as it was stated it would back in testing.

(Specifically during the Freeblood racial quest line quest Distaste  For Our Kind )

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #55
Anastasie

Loremaster

Tigerr wrote:

Devs, the casting window is completely broken.... I was targeting the Maintank tonight and I was watching her spam her attacks ALL night... I could NOT catch any AoE's from the mobs and it was IMPOSSIBLE to time any cures... This is NOT needed and if this was intentional, please give us an option to turn it off. Even the cast bar on the NPC is borked, it is NOT in sync with the actual AoE and it cuts off halfway through the cast.. Even targeting through the mob, all i see is spam attacks from the tanks, this should not be this way... Noone wants to see player casts. Fix the cast window please, it completely messes up EVERY single priest that times cures/deathprevents and the like.

QFE

Here is a thread on the topic as well   http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=520564

This player casting bar is game breaking for raiding priests.  PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP

Anastasie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #56
sceptember

Loremaster

I almost never post on forums -- I prefer to read over everyone's thoughts on topics.

Today, I feel very compelled to post my severe disappointment with Qeynos Rises. Visually, the "improvements" were, lackluster, insignificant, and entirely underwhelming. I see the outside walls and castle were given a different look -- was that it? I'm asking because I really did try looking around for the "new" Qeynos, but I couldn't find it.

I sincerely hope the Qeynos Rises leadership didn't trouble themselves dedicating too many resources to this... because that would make things go from sad, to tragic.

Usually when posting feedback of a critical nature, I try to include some suggestions for improvement. This time, however, I am not, because you guys should already know better. You know that you did not commit 110% to this project.

And it shows.

sceptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #57
Pixiewrath
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Aristocrats

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

The achievements for the Dungeon Maker to collect tokens and avatars are missing.

The only one that remains is the one to get three dungeons in the HoF section.Bug or intentional? I was so close to getting 100.000 marks

Those achievements are still there but are now hidden until you get them unlocked. This is to avoid there being 20 different achievements of that type cluttering up the listing. That also allows us to get ahead in putting in achievements for quest counts or collections completed even if they are not able to be earned yet but will unlock as we get more quests/collections/etc put into the game.

I generally don't like hidden achievments if they take major efforts. Fun ones like "swimming with alcohol" or whatever it's called should be hidden but it's nice to see how many more tokens you need to go etc to get the next one...Some people like me look at it as challenges and now I can't accept those since I don't know what they are.Couldn't it be made optional to see some of them instead?

Pixiewrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #58
ryno

Loremaster

The quest line in Qeynos is very very good.  I really enjoyed it and got hooked on the story (i hope a lot of people took time to read it).  My only constructive criticisms would be that the encounters were far too easy at 92, the rewards were a little generic (although the penants were cool), noticeable typos in the text and Queen Antonia's appearance art being a bit underwhelming. But, none of those things bothered me too much because the story was interesting.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #59
Occam

Loremaster

I'm a Freeport based dwarf inq (betrayed years before you could play an inq in Qeynos). I'd love to do the new dwarf racial quest but it doesn't look like I can. I snuck into Qeynos but the quest starter wouldn't talk to me. Sure, I may have moved to a different city but I'm still a dwarf! Please make it so I can follow my heritage! SMILEY

Old 07-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #60
Lasai

Loremaster

Occam wrote:

I'm a Freeport based dwarf inq (betrayed years before you could play an inq in Qeynos). I'd love to do the new dwarf racial quest but it doesn't look like I can. I snuck into Qeynos but the quest starter wouldn't talk to me. Sure, I may have moved to a different city but I'm still a dwarf! Please make it so I can follow my heritage!

Dont fret it.  As with Freeport, the racial quests have very little to do with actual racial heritage or lore and more of being cheesy little white knight quests to help "your kind" out in the update scenario.  Pretty forgettable TBH in spite of the usual fan rants.

Not saying they are bad quests. It is just that they are race locked generic save the day quests.  Nothing new and nothing we haven't done a few hundred times before without a race prereq.

I learned far more about wood elf heritage during the little convo with Thayare in the cemetary of Old WillowWood.

Lasai is offline   Reply With Quote