EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-21-2006, 01:16 AM   #1
Tokam

General

Are you going to issue the community with an explanation - or just lock delete the threads about the downtime on 20/12/06?

Do you intentionally try to appear above such mundane issues as customer relations?
Old 12-21-2006, 01:18 AM   #2
Kelticdragon

Loremaster

Tell me about it. seems like every hour they say its supposed to be up they issue a nother report saying extended downtime another hour. no exsplinations or anything like they are all sitting there laughing at us for being interested in playing. WoW is looking better and better every second.
Kelticdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:18 AM   #3
mcclown84

Lord

lol im taking it as a sign that the servers are about to come online..atleast one can hope
mcclown84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:20 AM   #4
Kelticdragon

Loremaster

mcclown84 wrote:
lol im taking it as a sign that the servers are about to come online..atleast one can hope

Nope they said 1pm pacific now. thats another hour and at 1 they will say 2pm and at 2 they will say 3 pm ect ect ect.
Kelticdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:22 AM   #5
bongolongo

Loremaster

hmm, 2hrs = 2manyhours soe time, they obviously are having problems, these things happen, but i notice that the list of " down servers" dont include the ones that dont really matter to SOE, like Darathar (Darathar down)_. Well , all euro servers (pvp) it seems. But we fully understand, that as we cling to these servers, we dont really count in the SOE demoghrapic. (wish i could spell).
bongolongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:22 AM   #6
slim

that is what I was about to say, I also saw that, but it say's for west coast servers, no clue what that means, I am as new as it comes. But I do know that no matter what game you play, when they patch, it usually means extension after extension, and no matter what the eu folks are the biggest crybabies of all!!!!!
slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:22 AM   #7
mcclown84

Lord

ack i just returned to eq2 from wow i forgot how it was on patch days...atleast wow hits their patch times...still eq2 is better
Old 12-21-2006, 01:23 AM   #8
Tokam

General

I already said that the servers would be up at 21:30 (gmt) with my leet predictive powers, but some mean bastage deleted the thread. :smileytongue:
Old 12-21-2006, 01:23 AM   #9
Legaroth

Loremaster

o joy :/fun day then hehe come home from work.. eat.. log in, enjoy.. ow wait, whats that ??? downtime in 1 hour... for 2 hours well ok sure.. 5 minutes late the servers go down im 15 hmm my math must be offwell 2 hours, that would put me right after i get some food so thats fine.. hmm 5 more hours huh... well ok.. that leaves 2 hours before bed, and now 1 more SMILEY im concidering stocking up on energy drink to make back the time lost but im not sure if they let zombies in at work
Legaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:24 AM   #10
Ever-Befallen

Loremaster

All servers will be down on 12/20/2006 at 7:00 AM PST for an extended time. The original downtime was 7 am to 9 am PST, and we are extending the downtime to 1 PM PST for West Coast Servers.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Servers affected:
Butcherblock
Everfrost
Kithicor
Lucan D’Lere
Nagafen
Guk
Najena
Blackburrow
Anonia Bayle
Unrest
Nektulos
Venekor
Vox
The Bazaar

Dunno what that means for servers such as Befallen, as we aren't up either.
Ever-Befallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:24 AM   #11
Tokam

General

And Id still like someone to tell me why the downtime threads (specifically the one started by raijinn) were deleated before the issue was resolved.

edit for gramar

Message Edited by Sulpeel on 12-20-2006 08:25 PM

Old 12-21-2006, 01:26 AM   #12
StinkySocks

Lord

Well in official announce i found the list of servers:Servers affected:ButcherblockEverfrostKithicorLucan D’LereNagafenGukNajenaBlackburrowAnonia BayleUnrestNektulosVenekorVoxThe BazaarThere is Runnyeye and Splitpaw not listed but they r both down as well ...
Old 12-21-2006, 01:27 AM   #13
Legaroth

Loremaster

to counter forum clutter lolmy server aint in the list either but cant play. maybe they deleted it to make sure we couldnt prove their "claims" SMILEY
Legaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:27 AM   #14
slim

mcclown84 wrote:
ack i just returned to eq2 from wow i forgot how it was on patch days...atleast wow hits their patch times...still eq2 is better

you must play on a totally different wow than I played for 1 1/2 years on, they are lot's worse then this anyday!!!

Message Edited by slim42 on 12-20-2006 12:28 PM

Old 12-21-2006, 01:29 AM   #15
Maroger

Loremaster

They must have had a really big problem as the actuall patch was downloadable quite a few hours ago.
Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:30 AM   #16
AndyDarker

Lord

Yeeez...Why dont you make a wish to Santa that he should bring you a copy of WoW? Or tell mommy to buy you one, not to forget all the gaming cards. Than you can enjoy a game which is totally bug free, with no bottters or cheaters. A game where server downs of 2h are server downs of 2h... I cant believe how people start flaming around.I bet those guys go into a computer store and buy a ready to use PC (and please, mr. salesman, could u install EQ2 for me, i dunno how to do that, tnx)Strange that they figure out how to flame in forums...Its not highschool stuff the SoE guys are doing.... Ever tried to setup a server by yourself?Yes. we pay for the game to play it, yes SoE does sometimes things wrong. But if you point to WoW, EVE or anything else and state that there the sun is always shining... WHY you dont just go there, pls? I mean, you PAY money actually... or mommy does...Sorry for being a little rude... wait... i just remember something my mentor always said: excuses are for  a**holes...So, be patient, or Santa wont bring you the WoW copy... SMILEY
Old 12-21-2006, 01:30 AM   #17
liscio

Loremaster

How come euroservers are not on those lists?

Euros get their whole primetime ruined by this. Servers go down after work and dont come up until late in the evening.

liscio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:31 AM   #18
mcclown84

Lord

well i've only been playing wow for a few months and i quit, but the patch times seemed to always be over estimated and often times were up earlier or within 30mins of estimated time
Old 12-21-2006, 01:31 AM   #19
slim

Legaroth wrote:
to counter forum clutter lol

my server aint in the list either but cant play. maybe they deleted it to make sure we couldnt prove their "claims" SMILEY

They are not trying to hide anything, they don't have to explain anything to you or anyone else, it was out of the kindness they are feeling that they are posting anything at all. You people continue to crack me up with the whole "they owe me" attutude!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 01:31 AM   #20
oldsnowy

Loremaster

My Server - Oasis - isn't listed as being down.  It's just not working...I have been trying to get on for some hours; I have tried on both my accounts, and was getting 'Est. Time Remaining' messages going up!  They start at 12 minutes, and increase to 2 1/2 hours or so!  If I stop and start again, sometimes it's 25 minutes, sometimes several hours.This is of course prime playing time in Europe, but my fault for playing on a US Server (They are usually more reliable!)Sod it, I'm off down the pub.  I'll try again tomorrow.
oldsnowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:31 AM   #21
Scarrlette

Threads like this is not what community news is intended for.I'm sure you can find another downtime thread to voice your thoughts in that is already open.