EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
Blintok

Loremaster

Greetings all

so i am back to this "hotel california" game SMILEY

I currently have 8 characters. most are 20's to 50's adv level as they mainly just crafters. I have my one main that is L90 with 210aa. And 2 other "alt" mains (adverture + crafting) that are L53 and L72.

I tried searching to see if there were still caps to AA. The info i found looks up to date but just want to confirm. On my level 72 the max AA i can get is 200? and on my L53 is 100aa? and i can get to 320aa from L81+ ?

i want to max my aa on each char b4 i adv level some more. do not want to be stuck with low aa like my main did SMILEY tho aa wasnt out when i started him.

Blintok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
Regolas

Loremaster

That's about right but you can store unassigned AA until you reach a level you can spend them. At L80 you get the ability to spend a bucket load (100 i think) and at 85 another 50. You won't earn enough in those tiers (70-80 and 80-90) unless you set your xp to 100% AA. Even at 5% normal xp you'll reach 80 from 70 before you've gained 100AA that you can then spend when dinging 80, if that makes sense. It's worth noting if you plan on buying the latest expansion you'll get the ability to instantly bring two L90 characters to 280AA (they are giving away a potion to do this, 2 per account). So your main can get the required AA now without grinding.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
Finora

Tester

You can earn up to the max allowed by your expansions at any level above 10 (max for game currently is 320 with current expansions).

You can spend a max of 140 (fifty in class, fifty in archetype & forty in tradeskills) prior to level 50. (This will change somewhat after this next expansion as crafting aa's are being seperated from the regular aa. I think that will limit you to spending 100 in the class & archetype trees).

At 50 you can access the shadows tree and spend more. You will be able to spend 60 aa in that tree.

At 80 or 81 (I forget which) the aa caps for the archetype & class trees goes up to 100 and the cap for the shadows tree goes up to 70.

At 90 the herioc aa tree unlocks & you will be able to spend points there (50aa).

If you have the expansions necessary, you will be able to gain the prestige points as you level beyond 90. They come automatically every 20% of a level.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
Blintok

Loremaster

Thanks. did not know i could  bank AA. I expected that once the AA hit cap the aa exp would be frozen (like adv exp is at 90 with <280aa) I read about the 280aa potion and is reason my L90 is parked until the expansion (Nov 13?) My main is Bruiser(Troll)  and 2nd is Necro(Darkelf) and 3rd is Shadowknight(Ogre)

I have my slider set to 100%aa and wont get adv levels until i cap. i am one of those players that do not rush to max. Prefer to solo and RP. And since (for rp reasons) my Troll hates everyone ..thus is solo all the time.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
Regolas

Loremaster

I think it's 85 for the heroic tree not 90 btw
Old 10-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
Blintok

Loremaster

I have every expansion and am gold acct. Started game on launch day. restarted game a few times and always come back. Whats this about tradeskill AA? i can get aa from doing tradeskills now? (with expansion) cool, my dedicated TS alts will love that.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
Regolas

Loremaster

No, you can just assign some of your adventure AA to abilities that help TSing. The expansion adds to that with prestige AAs for TS, not sure if those AAs are gained from doing TS or from leveling adventure levels though, I'm sure some crafters know.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #8
Blintok

Loremaster

Regolas wrote:

No, you can just assign some of your adventure AA to abilities that help TSing. The expansion adds to that with prestige AAs for TS, not sure if those AAs are gained from doing TS or from leveling adventure levels though, I'm sure some crafters know.

drats. hate that i get a Trade skill AA tree but cant get the AA to use there unless i adventure. Would have been nice to get TS aa from doing tradeskills. I have 1 of almost every tradeskill (missing woodworker) alt in adv level ranging from L10 to L90 and TS from L55 to L92