EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
Seesons
Server: Unrest
Guild: Reciprocity

Loremaster

When will the new launcher go live today?

Seesons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
Dawkitty

Loremaster

http://forums.station.sony.com/stat...870#11500239684

Looks like 10 am pacific, possibly.

Dawkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
Thunderthyze

Loremaster

Dawkitty wrote:

http://forums.station.sony.com/stat...870#11500239684

Looks like 10 am pacific, possibly.

That would be 6pm GMT....

Let's call it tomorrow then

Thunderthyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
4evrnyt

Loremaster

10:48 am p.s.t    No update.  Fail timer is at 48 minutes and counting.

4evrnyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #5
Seesons
Server: Unrest
Guild: Reciprocity

Loremaster

10am pst has come and gone.  

Looks like LP4 looks exactly like LP3....

Seesons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #6
Isard

Loremaster

And LP1...

Malificant 90 Dirge - 90 Carpenter - Leader of Arion Unrest Server

Hamsandwich 90 Mystic - 64 Weaponsmith

Tenal 82 Warden - 74 Tailor
Isard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

And LP1...

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=509858

12pm pst now

Old 12-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #8
Beagley

Loremaster

Its 12:00 PM PST according to the official news section for US and international servers.  A little vague stating anyone on LP1 or Station Launcher "by 6th Dec"?

edit - misread the post on international servers

Beagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #9
Mookachooka

Loremaster

12pm PST has been and gone now too... still dont see any update...

Mookachooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #10
Phaedrella

Loremaster

Ugh, this game is like that friend or relative who's almost always late.

Phaedrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #11
Nerolathe
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Fates Journey

Loremaster

Phaedrella wrote:

fixed

Seriously tho, where are you hiding Mr.NewLaunchPad?

Nerolathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #12
Lempo

Loremaster

What difference does it make if it is late or not, the only thing that is going to happen when it does get here are that you are going to lose some features, and get a butt ugly UI to launch the game. The probably found a lot of bugs and issues with the "1 day" (lol) beta test of it.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #13
Phaedrella

Loremaster

I was hoping to do a fresh install.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #14
4evrnyt

Loremaster

12:37 pst  If they have this much trouble just getting the launch pad to update I can only imagine how much fun the AoD update will be.

4evrnyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:45 PM   #15
Phaedrella

Loremaster

Beastlords ran off with the hamsters.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #16
Oceku
Server: Befallen
Guild: Nameless Legends

Loremaster

Phaedrella wrote:

They aren't always late, look at when the servers go down! 

Oceku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #17
sundrop

Loremaster

4evrnyt wrote:

12:37 pst  If they have this much trouble just getting the launch pad to update I can only imagine how much fun the AoD update will be.

Launchpad was done by a different department.

http://forums.station.sony.com/stat....m?forum_id=200

*Something tells me this is NOT the launchpad department's fault. 

sundrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #18
millie

Loremaster

Hmm, 5pm US EST, no new launcher no comment I can see from SOE. 

Not very impressive.

millie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #19
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...66�

I suspect that's what's holding up the game for many folks, including myself until I was enlightened.

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #20
Lempo

Loremaster

millie wrote:

Not very impressive.

I don't know what you are doing, maybe you have the old original station launcher but if you had a better level of reading comprehension (or perhaps were a bit more diligent) you would know that the old station launcher doesn't work yet.

If you are using the new Launchpad and close it and reopen mine auto updated, I am verifying files but so far it has been seamless as far as the upgrade goes.

The color scheme is ugly, and there is no way to access test server from it (of course this comes as no surprise all things considered) but it is there and was at 5:08 EST for me.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:20 PM   #21
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

[email protected] wrote:

millie wrote:

Not very impressive.

I don't know what you are doing, maybe you have the old original station launcher but if you had a better level of reading comprehension (or perhaps were a bit more diligent) you would know that the old station launcher doesn't work yet.

If you are using the new Launchpad and close it and reopen mine auto updated, I am verifying files but so far it has been seamless as far as the upgrade goes.

The color scheme is ugly, and there is no way to access test server from it (of course this comes as no surprise all things considered) but it is there and was at 5:08 EST for me.

Indeed let's insult people, that's the BEST way to get things done! ... /sarcasm.

For those who don't have the new launcher in any form (like me off old CDs) you can wait til the 6th when SoE said you will be updated OR you can go here:  http://launch.soe.com/eq2/ and download the launcher which will auto update once installed.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #22
SOE-MOD-07

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50281...post_id=5665587 Name calling, personal attacks
SOE-MOD-07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #23
millie

Loremaster

Found it thanks. (trolls excluded).

Yep its ugly and keeps chewing resources to show continuous adds even when I have logged into the game.  It also forgets what screen it should launch on.

Also I can not now launch the game from the .exe gives some sort of mythical error about not finding game resources on a non-existant G: drive. 

Anyone know how to fix that?

Old 12-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #24
SOE-MOD-07

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50281...post_id=5665598 Name calling, personal attacks
SOE-MOD-07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #25
Ilovecows
Server: Nagafen
Guild: The Catalyst

Loremaster

They need to go back to the old launch pad where you selected your game and then could click what player you want to play on.  It is annyong having to go to the login screen when I know what toon I want to play :/

I AM ILOVECOWS! REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE I LOVE COWS. YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM TOO. COWS ARE AMAZING AND I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD POSSIBLY SAY THAT THEY AREN'T AMAZING. JUST LOOK AT THEIR NATURAL BEAUTY AND GRACE. THE AMAZINGNESS OF THESE ANIMALS ASTOUNDS ME EVERY TIME THAT I SEE THEM. DON'T HATE ON ME FOR THIS, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LOVE COWS, YOU ARE NOT A REAL PERSON.
Ilovecows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #26
kahonen

Loremaster

Well I just updated manually using the link given and it installed fine.  Just make sure you install into the current directory and ignore references to it displaying AoD graphics, when it starts it displays DoV graphics for the first couple of screens.

I did a 100% check of the installation and it was much faster than the original (very old) one.  The few files it needed to download seemed to be very quick as well.

What really worried me was any effect it would have on ProfitUI but I've just spent half an hour in-game and couldn't see any problems.

I could select EU region no probs and there is a link to test server on mine (in the same drop down menu).

So far, I'm impressed - for the time it's on screen I couldn't give a monkeys about the colour scheme or the scrolling adverts.  OK, it will be an improvement when they add character select to it but the real test is did it get me into the game, and yes it did.

As far as losing chat goes, if you want to be able to chat to people outside of the game, Skype is free to download, so is Ventrilo and Team Speak. It doesn't really surprise me that SOE removed this functionality as it appears widely open to abuse.

I wasn't happy about the launcher changing but credit where it's due, it installed easily and did the job.

kahonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #27
Labe

Loremaster

Everyhting worked perfectly well until...this new launcher.

Nice work guys, I've got the automatic upgrade and...now as soon as I start my launcher...I've got a beautiful crash.

/clap

Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #28
millie

Loremaster

kahonen wrote:

Well I just updated manually using the link given and it installed fine.  Just make sure you install into the current directory and ignore references to it displaying AoD graphics, when it starts it displays DoV graphics for the first couple of screens.

I did a 100% check of the installation and it was much faster than the original (very old) one.  The few files it needed to download seemed to be very quick as well.

What really worried me was any effect it would have on ProfitUI but I've just spent half an hour in-game and couldn't see any problems.

I could select EU region no probs and there is a link to test server on mine (in the same drop down menu).

So far, I'm impressed - for the time it's on screen I couldn't give a monkeys about the colour scheme or the scrolling adverts.  OK, it will be an improvement when they add character select to it but the real test is did it get me into the game, and yes it did.

As far as losing chat goes, if you want to be able to chat to people outside of the game, Skype is free to download, so is Ventrilo and Team Speak. It doesn't really surprise me that SOE removed this functionality as it appears widely open to abuse.

I wasn't happy about the launcher changing but credit where it's due, it installed easily and did the job.

Unless you are explicitly minimising it to the task bar it will be imposing a load on your computer loading and scrolling those adds.  On my system its using 40% of one cores capacity doing it.  Minimising it drops that to near zero.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #29
Atini

Loremaster

I must be using an old launcher, because mine didn't update. I clicked on the link provided, and it downloaded a new streaming client in a completely different place than my EQ is located at.. I don't want to wait for all of those zones to reload again, and I don't want to wait for EQ to redownload the entire game either. I guess I will wait until the 6th for the update.

edit.. clicking check for updates on the launcher itself claims I am currently using the most recent.. obviously, that isn't true.

Atini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #30
kahonen

Loremaster

millie wrote:

kahonen wrote:

Unless you are explicitly minimising it to the task bar it will be imposing a load on your computer loading and scrolling those adds.  On my system its using 40% of one cores capacity doing it.  Minimising it drops that to near zero.

Why would you leave the launcher open After EQ2 has loaded?  That seems to be a problem with the way you use your PC as opposed to the way the launcher has been implemented.

kahonen is offline   Reply With Quote