EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
Maroger

Loremaster

I am getting PERMISSION DENIED - ILLEGAL PARAMETER - It tells me that IE has blocked this website due to a Certificate Error. I am running WIN 7 -64 Bit. Unable to see the example.

When I go to the FAQ - I get an error telling me the page no longer exists.

Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:29 PM   #2
Isulith

Community Relations

Maroger wrote:

I am getting PERMISSION DENIED - ILLEGAL PARAMETER - It tells me that IE has blocked this website due to a Certificate Error. I am running WIN 7 -64 Bit. Unable to see the example.

Please try it again! It looks like there was a slight issue with copying the links over. 

Isulith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:32 PM   #3
ZeroByte

Loremaster

From the screenshots in the KB article it appears their is no option to select the character you want to play on launch. So more forcing us the extra step to select the character in game. This is not an improvement to the old launcher.

ZeroByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:34 PM   #4
Tigress

Loremaster

Tigress wrote (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=509745):

Does this mean that station launcher will no longer work? 

How will we access the Test Server?  Pls dont tell me that it is some complicated backwards way of going into your folders, moving this, modifying that and so on.  If it is, will you pls add test onto the new launcher?

Both of the links in the official announcement are broken.  http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=509744

When the F2P thing happens, I will no longer need two versions of EQ2 on my computer.  Does it chose which one to launch?  Should I delete one in advance?

Will the "friends" network be added to the new launcher?

EDIT:  Links work now.

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:55 PM   #5
Katz

Loremaster

With the old launcher we can go to the European servers (I do this at times to tour houses there).   Is there no way to do this with the new launcher?

What about test server?

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:06 AM   #6
Dreyco

Archive of Ik

Wow!  The new launchpad looks awesome!  Can't wait!

Grand Historian of The Archive of Ik
Dreyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:06 AM   #7
Sandyfoot

Loremaster

Links work, but still, with Windows 7 x64 and IE 9, some content is blocked due to certificate errors (2nd link given).

Hope I am not missing out on something I need to know because of the certificate errors.

Sandyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:08 AM   #8
Tigress

Loremaster

TSR-JoshuaM answered one of my questions on his thread.
RE:  (("Please keep in mind that the retail patchers, Station launcher .... will become entirely non-functional"))
oh how i will miss thee!!! 

Customer Service Joined: Jan 14, 2011 Messages: 4303 Online

We are set to kick off our LaunchPad 4 release on 11/30/11!  This has been much anticipated and patiently awaited by the community and I am very glad to announce that it is finally here!

Please keep in mind that the retail patchers, Station launcher, and the current full/streaming LaunchPad 3 will become entirely non-functional.   Be prepared!

We have a pair of news articles for your review using the links below.

New LaunchPad Announcement - http://www.everquest2.com/news/read/current/5048

New LaunchPad FAQ - http://www.everquest2.com/news/read/current/5047

Old 11-29-2011, 12:16 AM   #9
Leawyn

Loremaster

No logging directly to a character (Like you currently can), no auto-update (like Station Launcher).... and this is supposed to be an upgrade? I will SORELY miss the auto-update feature of the multi-game Station Launcher, it was BY FAR the best thing about that patcher. Why you are removing that ability is beyond me. I asked for this on the Launcher forums in the past that the functionality remain in future versions (it was removed for V3) but alas, ignored =(

Maelani | Maelya | Maerie | Maehymn | Maewyn | Maekita | Maelynne
Leawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:23 AM   #10
Ciara52

Loremaster

Katz wrote:

With the old launcher we can go to the European servers (I do this at times to tour houses there).   Is there no way to do this with the new launcher?

What about test server?

I have a guild and friends on Splitpaw SMILEY  and US side.   I'm wondering if up in the left hand corner were it says Version can we change to EU from there? 

Ciara52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:24 AM   #11
Jezabhel

Loremaster

So, AoD is still coming out on Wednesday, correct? Because right here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=509032 you announced November 30, 2011 for the release date.

Jezabhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:25 AM   #12
Pixiewrath
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Aristocrats

Loremaster

I am currently using the blue station launcher that works for multiple SoE games. Will that still work?Also, will the new launcher have the News/ Patch Notes sections found in the Station Launcher?

Pixiewrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:01 AM   #13
Nuadah

Loremaster

The FAQ did not answer any of the questions I had.

Will I be able to select a character without going to character select?

Will I be able to go to Test Server?

Nuadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:03 AM   #14
Calthine

ZAM EQII

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

I am currently using the blue station launcher that works for multiple SoE games. Will that still work?

Also my question SMILEY

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:07 AM   #15
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

No multigame Station Launcher anymore? No picking characters from my Station Launcher and skipping char select?

Dislike.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:08 AM   #16
Tigress

Loremaster

Calthine wrote:

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

I am currently using the blue station launcher that works for multiple SoE games. Will that still work?

Also my question

already answered by TSR-Joshua.  I pasted his statement a few posts above yours.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:14 AM   #17
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Ciara52 wrote:

I have a guild and friends on Splitpaw   and US side.   I'm wondering if up in the left hand corner were it says Version can we change to EU from there? 

The last picture here:  http://help.station.sony.com/app/an...tail/a_id/30589

shows "Select Game Version" with "US English" in a drop-down box.  Probably the same place we'll get to Test.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:15 AM   #18
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Tigress wrote:

already answered by TSR-Joshua.  I pasted his statement a few posts above yours.

No, it was not answered.  One might assume frmo that statement it will stop working altogether, but nowhere does it actually say whether it will remain functional for the other games you can launch from it.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:18 AM   #19
Tigress

Loremaster

oh sorry.  didn't realize that it worked for anything other than EQ2 & that you cared abt the other games. SMILEY

station launcher quit working for me on the other games a long time ago.  i had to install an EQ1 launcher and the other games i don't care abt so i didn't bother finding their launcher.  the only thing that i can still use it for is Friends Netowrk, EQ2 & EQ2 Test.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:28 AM   #20
Maroger

Loremaster

Isulith wrote:

Maroger wrote:

Please try it again! It looks like there was a slight issue with copying the links over. 

I still get a  security certificate error but I now I can bypass it with a SHOW CONTENT.  Thanks.

Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:39 AM   #21
Sedenten

Loremaster

Is there a reason that the functionality of selecting a character to log in to from the launcher was omitted from this newer version (it's also not available in the "other" streaming version, to my knowledge).  That will be sorely missed.

Sedenten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:45 AM   #22
NamaeZero

Loremaster

Some thoughts:

• *sigh* Less of the features I actually use, much, much larger advertisement space. I already pay for this game Sony... or I will until it goes Free to Play.
  • It looks suspiciously like the Streaming Launcher I ran screaming away from when it debuted. Because it was clunky and kept forcing me to reload content I'd already loaded.
  • Betcha it's not as easy to view patch notes.
  • We probably lose the in-game chat functions. 
  • Not that I used it much, but I did like the option to play other SOE games. Adios there too, I suppose.
  • I don't see a spot for in-game graphics options, unless it's that wierd wrench/hammer icon down on the lower left of the ad-space.
  • The server Logs hyperlink looks interesting, I suppose.
NamaeZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:50 AM   #23
Kitila

Loremaster

Reminds me of the *cough* SWTOR launcher *cough* Lemme guess GU 62 and F2P conversion happens somewehre around Dec 20th or Dec 15th, Just a hunch
Kitila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:31 AM   #24
Cometar
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: New Outriders

Loremaster

With the new launcher, will there be an easy way to access the test server? Part of the reason why I have still been using the Station Launcher to this day has been how easy it was to update both Live and Test from the same place.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:39 AM   #25
yourgodgus

Loremaster

If this is all we're getting by nov 30th my preorder is being cancelled and the money is going towards SW.  I talked to customer support on the exact due date of the expansion due to issues I've had before with sony billing me multiple times for the same thing and screwing with my bank and was informed that even though they could not give me a specific date, that it would be before dec 1st(this was around the end of oct).  If they were just BSing about this, how much more is just getting spewed out without any truth behind it?  I came back to EQ2, I gave you my money and listened to you, and now all we're getting is silence and updates coming out of nowhere that were not needed.  But hey, it looks pretty so who cares how well it works?  Maybe it will distract more people from looking at other games that might be more appealing.  Sony ever think that if their expansion came out half a month prior to SW that maybe more people will at least purchase it(even if they only play it for 15-20 days) rather then have to decide between a game thats been slowly dying off(but putting up one hell of a fight and is generally a great game), and a game thats been hyped for the last few years and promises a whole new level of MMO gaming never before experienced(trying not to think of Tabula Rasa which did the same only with less hype) as well as the backing of a multi billion dollar franchise behind it and fn lightsabers!  I'm going back to play on my Rat.  I love my rat...But I will hate sony if they come between us on yet another occasion.  Think my rant is over.  Might be back later with a snickers and some beer...maybe just the beer.

yourgodgus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:18 AM   #26
Bakual

Loremaster

So the new patcher has no features beside that it's patching faster (which wasn't an issue for me at all)? But it misses all the features of the Station Launcher? How crappy is that?

I used the Station Launcher always. It allows to manage multiple games, lets you login specific chars directly, you see your friends online without actually login, you can even chat with your friends without being ingame. No other game has such an amazing launcher. But instead of improve that piece even more, you go to a standard launcher which looks exactly the same as all other games and even misses important features you had. That's just plain stupid. Even more stupid than trying to tell us it's an improvement. *sad*

Old 11-29-2011, 05:48 AM   #27
dawy

Loremaster

Kitila wrote:

Reminds me of the *cough* SWTOR launcher *cough*

I've have just said the same thing to my wife,

dawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:49 AM   #28
SecrAtive Girl

Loremaster

i am wondering if this new launcher will force us to download content while in game. it's my understanding you have/had to choose streaming or no before downloading the launcher, but after looking at the walk-through it doesn't look like that will be an option.

SecrAtive Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:59 AM   #29
feldon30

Fansite Staff

A new launcher that's been completely untested by players will be the ONLY patcher on Wednesday?

What could possibly go wrong?

And I share the opinions of others above. It looks like we lose:

• Voice chat outside of game
  • Text/Guild chat outside of game
  • Character Select
  • Friends list
  • Patch Notes
  • Automatic Unattended Updates

We gain:

• Huge Advertising Space
  • Innumerable Bugs?

and what about Multiboxing?

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:31 AM   #30
IceStormx

Loremaster

SmokeJumper wrote:

Hi, folks,

As you know, there’s a ton of new stuff coming to you soon. And soon starts now!

The first step is a LaunchPad upgrade. Starting on Wednesday (November 30, 2011), LaunchPad will be updated automatically for you when you log in. We’re doing it now so it’s out of the way and not an issue before we launch GU 62 (“Freeport Reborn”) and the new expansion, “Age of Discovery."

There are a number of improvements in this version of our launcher:

• It no longer requires a Flash installation.
  • Much faster patching speed (as much as 10X faster if you're still using the original Station Launcher).
  • Less data gets patched (smarter differentials between versions).
  • A general aesthetic upgrade.

Many of you will have questions. We’ve tried to answer as many of those questions as possible in this FAQ: http://www.everquest2.com/news/read/current/5047.

The goal here is that you won’t have to do anything at all. Just use your launcher normally and the upgrade will happen without you having to do anything other than point the new launcher at your game directory’s current location. Everything else is automatic. You will not need to install game assets again. The only change will be to the launcher itself. For more information, a walk through can be found here: http://help.station.sony.com/app/an....ail/a_id/30589. However, this update is mandatory. After this update there will no longer be multiple versions of our launchpad available. We’ll all be using the same one from now on.

Keep an eye out for more articles this week as well. There’s going to be a barrage of new information coming your way! These are exciting times for EverQuest II!

Where is the friends list