EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Zones and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-12-2016, 04:21 PM   #31
Elowith

Having finally stumbled into all the idols, there don't appear to be any zealot patrols to defeat (and yes, using track).
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 04:21 PM   #32
Maripop

Ignore this reading is funamental!
Old 10-12-2016, 04:52 PM   #33
Cunning

To be fair Maripop, that ‘spire’ is more like a pylon. I went to that tower too at first as it was the only spire-looking thing I could see at first. Spire brings to mind something much taller, thin, spindly, something… the ones for that quest are just little obelisks really.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:28 PM   #34
Conifur

Minor but in some dialog you refer to it as Chaos stone and the next as Chaos Stone. I think Chaos Stone is correct.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:52 PM   #35
Monstuhr

History of Stone - the rune-inscribed stones in Twark need a glowy particle effect. Honestly, all these random things in all these quests/zones we need to click should have this effect. But these grey tiny stones against a bunch of ruins/rubble really need it.
Monstuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:01 PM   #36
Monstuhr

So after finishing the "history of stone" I am told by the elders in Nay Calone that I am welcome there..but the guards still don't seem very welcoming...
Monstuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:13 PM   #37
ZUES

I see quest feathers there too but I dont speak the language and the guards still attack. No idea why.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:18 PM   #38
ZUES

For those on the ruins part of the quest...

1-5 are clickable ruins that can only be clicked if you completed the "Mysterious Black Tome" language quest.
6 is an obelisk about 6 feet tall. Once clicked it disappears for up to 5 minutes and spawns in a random location.
7 is a red destroyed pillar overlooking the ocean. It is on a cliff towards the Crypt zone in. Click it twice.
Go back to the city and turn in.
Go back to the main cave to get the next quest.
That's it, the next update requires you enter that Crypt dungeon but it's locked atm.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:19 PM   #39
Fredero

+1 will be carnage on launch with such a slow respawn.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:24 PM   #40
Xianthia

The respawn timer and number of spawns need to be adjusted. I was there and sent three different /tells asking if can join group (I'm assuming it's a group update), no reply and was a mad house. Went and did other things, went back and had area to myself. More than two people doing the quest (separately) is already too much. First few days that will not be a nice area Tongue
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:27 PM   #41
ZUES

There are hardly any group updates in the sig line. I hope that changes.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:40 PM   #42
Conifur

Ghost Whisperer quest

More and faster respawn on Magma elemental
Old 10-12-2016, 06:49 PM   #43
Cheesenabber

fortunately it is a group update. unfortunately most players won't group for that. More spawns for thatand the magma elements are needed. Going to /feedback this in game,
Old 10-12-2016, 09:19 PM   #44
Neiloch

• Quest name: Kunark Ascending: History in Stone
  • Quest journal text: Inspect the rune-inscribed stone in Twark
I've found five of these stones in the area and confirmed other players can get updates from them but for what ever reason they do not update for me. They are not clickable but I do see tooltip/text when I hover over them.
Neiloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:27 PM   #45
Wurm

I didn't find it, got annoyed with running around the whole area so I logged out.
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:40 PM   #46
ZUES

1-5 are clickable ruins that can only be clicked if you completed the "Mysterious Black Tome" language quest.
6 is an obelisk about 6 feet tall. Once clicked it disappears for up to 5 minutes and spawns in a random location.
7 is a red destroyed pillar overlooking the ocean. It is on a cliff towards the Crypt zone in. Click it twice.
Go back to the city and turn in.
Go back to the main cave to get the next quest.
That's it, the next update requires you enter that Crypt dungeon but it's locked atm.

Edit: The ruins are different than the goblin stones you see laying around. Your cursor will turn into a hand.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:40 PM   #47
Satedaz

Kunark ascending: beyond the veil
level 100
- advance through arcanna'se spire

there is nothing to click on there on the table, no scroll, no book no nothing. friends of mine have the same issue. some can click, some cant. and those that cant seems to be stuck until its fixed Frown
Old 10-12-2016, 09:47 PM   #48
ZUES

The scroll spawns in random locations. It's a while, rolled up scroll. The first time I did it I found it in the room that has multiple tables, kinda of like a mess hall. I found it on the jeweled table in the back of the room.The second time was in the library on the floor. Everyone I've talked to has found them in areas that are below the waist; with exception of me finding one on top a table.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:51 PM   #49
Neiloch

yep, i actually just finished doing that

Feedback: Sig quest has generally been a nightmare up to this point. Just not fun in the slightest and I dread doing it again during live even knowing how its done.
Neiloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:51 PM   #50
Satedaz

oooh thank you!! then i will try again!!
Old 10-12-2016, 10:20 PM   #51
Kelvani

Kunark Ascending: Forgotten Lands
Quest Giver: Hierophant Prime Jarrakas

Quest reward for dirge is showing as an unuseable Crusader's greathelm (plate armor) instead of a useable chain armor helm.

NM it is a mercenary helm /facepalm
Old 10-12-2016, 10:34 PM   #52
Anatha

Neiloch, there are smaller stones around the area. You have to find those. Not the larger ones that give the story. I am still looking for the last larger stone.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:03 PM   #53
Conifur

To advance the quest you need to collect 8 No Trade collections to speak to the mage and if so why?
Old 10-12-2016, 11:54 PM   #54
Sucha

• Kunark Ascending: Forgotten Lands
  • Hieorophant Prime Jarrakas
  • Search for another arcane spire in Giant's Walk
These need to be made to re-spawn much faster. Even when there were only 7 people in zone I went all around Giant's walk at least 10 times and still could not find the one there.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:03 AM   #55
Cronyn

Developer

Heya folks! Made a few fixes that we wanted give you a heads up about (and see if you can take a look at when they're up, if possible).
  • Changed the appearance on the blushing umbrite needed for Kunark Ascending: Beyond the Veil. It's now using an model that should be visible from farther away, and we added a red glow to it so it would stand out even more. Hopefully this makes the umbrite easier to find.
  • Added a couple of spawn points and changed the spawn behavior on the Sel'Nok Invaders needed for Kunark Ascending: Opportunity 'Noks. Hopefully there will always be a good target available now for those on this step of the quest.
Also went through some various typo fixes, and tweaked some spawn points on a couple of collectibles to make sure they could be interacted with (although these aren't directly related to the sig line fixes). Assuming these fixes pass QA and look good, they should be up in the next build (or the one after). Check the patch notes if you want to give the changes a try.
There's still more to get shored up, so we'll get back to it. Thanks for the feedback and reports, everyone! Looking forward to getting more of these fixes in. Smile
Old 10-13-2016, 12:15 AM   #56
Alenna

I just did it got to needing to killing more magma elementals Kill more Magman Elementals (0) got an update on the first one now showing Kill more magma elementals(1) subsequent killings of said mob give me no update and nothing saying I did not get an update.
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:44 AM   #57
Kaitheel

Developer

Ugh. That's not right. Thank you! I'll investigate that!

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:50 AM   #58
Kaitheel

Developer

The art should be updated with the next Beta update, so that should help. But they should be group updates already. Was that not the case, Gubbo?

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-13-2016, 01:05 AM   #59
ZUES

There are almost no group updates in the entire sig line (or as far as we can get right now). There are a ton of bottlenecks for us. It's kinda frustrating.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:10 AM   #60
Kaitheel

Developer

Oh, no. That's the Nye'Caelona mage tower. What you should be looking for is a man-sized spire emitting big red magic, in the mountains directly above the mouth to Crusaders' Cave. I'm going to edit the quest journal a bit to make that more clear.

~ Kaitheel