EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Class Discussion (AoM Beta) > Itemization (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-07-2014, 03:55 AM   #1
Arieste

Not that this is a big issue.. but T1 armor now takes purple and T2 takes red? Couldn't we keep the colour progression the same at least to avoid confusion?
Arieste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:11 PM   #2
Crychtonn

I'd prefer to see them go away all together. The gemming system put in last xpac is why all my alts are still in gear from the xpac before it. And will be the reason they rarely if ever get played this xpac.
Crychtonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #3
Laita

I like the gem system.. yeah, it's not quite as "alt friendly" but honestly I'd prefer is alts weren't in the same level of gear as main raid geared toons.. and it's too easy to gem heroic potent gear to 3/3, I did it with way too many alts this xpac, most of which I never play so it was a waste... anyway, point being, I like the system and hope to see it stay. Do agree they should switch the purple to the 2nd tier of raid gear and the red to the first.. but that's not too big of a deal.
Laita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:42 PM   #4
corruptbiker

You might have looked at the armor wrong cause red is still T1 and purple is T2. I couldn't take a screen shot so here are the stats

unyielding chest guard of despite is
0/2 red malice gem
base mitigation 1,924
STR and WIS 469
STA 1,262
Max Health 15%
extra Riposte chance 4%
Crit bonus 48.2%
ability casting speed 40.8%
mitigation increase 10%

While the Relentless Chest of Umbrage is
0/1 purple malice gem
base mitigation 2,025
STR and WIS 503
STA 1,428
Extra riposte chance 4%
Crit bonus 51.4%
Ability casting speed 46.9%
mitigation increase 11.5%
corruptbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:46 AM   #5
Phee

They looked the same to me red--> purple

I realized its not so much the gem system i very strongly dislike.. its the rate at which they drop. the rate needs to be a minimum of double what it is currently in TOV, Triple wouldnt even hurt.

I agree with Crychtonn, alts should be able to get gems in a somewhat timely manner, as of the way it is currently you are lucky to be able to get ANY alts with a full set of gemmed gear and this is nearing the end of the expac. its ridiculous how many are needed for an entire raid at the rate they drop, alts aside. mainly purple ones. but normal reds would be just as bad if they weren't able to be crafted a few months after tov launch.

My suggestions are:

1. Up the drop rate
or
2. make ALL gems craftable.
or
3. Ditch the entire system
Phee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:52 AM   #6
Iseous

It would be nice to make the gems quicker to get, but it's not like they are a huge increase in power. So I don't see why they should ditch the system when it's not exactly game-breaking. It gives another incentive to run zones. If there was nothing to upgrade, then a lot of people probably wouldn't run them again or not as frequently. And you don't have to fill them with gems if you don't like the grind. You're not missing out on too much regardless of the tier; jewelry and charm upgrades give way more than putting a gem in a piece of gear. I didn't even bother putting gems in my mystical gear for a long time and still haven't bothered to gem most of them.
Iseous is offline   Reply With Quote