EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Class Discussion (AoM Beta) > Scouts
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-30-2014, 01:44 AM   #31
Meshuggahx

I liked that parse buffrat had on his ranger with caustic poison does 9% of his dmg.. yay like ranger needs yet another passive proc.
Meshuggahx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:27 AM   #32
Bloodguts

Sniper Squad is broken once again. I'm not sure why but every so often it'll only do 1 damage. Here's a parse. Can't really pinpoint because it happens often. I only every cast Sniper Squad right after i use Wreak Havoc, since both timers coincide.

[IMG]
Bloodguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #33
Neiloch

Using this on a training dummy I got some pairs of hits that were substantially lower than the rest. Nothing like hitting for 1 but definitely much less.

I was checking to see how much potency boosts the damage.
If I cast sniper squad while only auto attacking and spamming snaring shot the hits stay about the same, 500k+. But If I cast my Potent Core charm + Dragon claws before casting I get 2 hits that hit for below 80k right in a row without fail.

When I try it with just Dragon Claws the hits in general seemed to hit harder but ther was still two hits that hit less than the others.

It seems like potency buffs are having some sort of weird inverse effect on Sniper Squad.

Potent Core+Dragon Claws
[IMG]

Dragon Claws
[IMG]

No Buffs
[IMG]
Neiloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:40 AM   #34
Neiloch

Seems it might be something wrong with just Dragon Claws, I did about 45 seconds of my normal rotation to get Flaming Assault up. I casted everything like normal EXCEPT "Dragon Claws" and I did not get any abnormal hits.

[IMG]
Old 11-03-2014, 02:21 PM   #35
Bloodguts

I don't know about you guys, but i'm really jelly of the amount of dmg Shadow is able to dish out compared to our Sleeper Squad. Makes me wish we got Shadow as well.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:25 PM   #36
Wanyen

[Quite] bit ignorant, but how does Combat Mastery+Dispatch affect it?
Wanyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:01 PM   #37
Jrel

Sleeper squad animation only using melee weapons.
Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:47 PM   #38
Neiloch

IIRC we don't get shadow because pets couldnt be made to do ranged CA's, the 'pets' kept demanding they have a ranged weapon to do ranger CA's.

Because of the way they work they are bit more idiot proof as well imo which can be both good and bad. The problem is if they don't perform as well as shadow can when shadow is being used at its best, there is going to be an imbalance that rangers can't help. On the flip side 'sniper squad' would be performing as well as 'shadow' with almost no thought as someone doing everything they can to get the most out of shadow.

Perhaps if 'sniper squad' scaled more aggressively off the rangers stats, that could help. Increased damage output to match shadow in the best of times but only if the ranger times their various temps to coincide with 'sniper squad's use. Or maybe ranger temps just add a outright boost to sniper squad damage output if they are up: honed reflexes, killing instinct, coverage/wreak havoc, flaming assault, focus aim. Or maybe using a ranged CA adds time to their duration. It would have to be small, something like 1 second so it can't be ran non-stop or close to it.

I'm just spit-balling here. Trying to think of a way to increase their DPS to match shadow with something the ranger does to be more in line with how shadow works rather than just turning 'sniper squad' damage up.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:23 PM   #39
Errrorr

Make it increase the mobs Incoming Physical damage by 20% while its active or something. #Teamscout
Errrorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:14 AM   #40
Jrel

Oh, the damage definitely needs to be increased tremendously; especially if the duration is half that of Shadow, and it needs to relatively equal Shadow's output in 1 minute. Maybe by 5x to 10x more?
Old 11-04-2014, 01:05 AM   #41
Jrel

Okay, probably triple the damage it is doing now is a better suggestion. Also, it could decrease the mob's defenses by 20% of total, reduce AGI by 25% of total, increase damage from DoTs by 20%, or slow by 25% of total haste, or reduce its accuracy/attack skills by 25% of total, etc.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:23 AM   #42
Bloodguts

Well, i know chanter/summoner pets CAN do ranged attacks, but if the issue is that they're demanding to have a bow equipped for them to be able to copy Ranged CA's that must be some ****** coding!

Either way, Shadow and Sniper Squad should be doing about the same amount of damage and so far Shadow is just blowing it out of the water, specially if you're waring Potency/ABMod gear.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:26 AM   #43
Neiloch

Brig using mostly WDB gear getting some 800k DPS out of shadow while I am using mostly potency gear and getting about 150k DPS out of squad. Thing is considering our total parses we aren't far apart.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:54 AM   #44
Buffrat

On 5 minute dummies my shadow and Kaaria's Squad (when it doesn't bug out and only hit for 1-14 damage...) are fairly similar. Don't raid again until tomorrow though.
Buffrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:30 PM   #45
Bloodguts

Here's my parse on a 5 minute dummy fight. I'm really concerned about those minimum hits on Sniper Squad. Shouldn't they be consistent damage to begin with?

[IMG]
Old 11-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #46
Bloodguts

I'm not sure what's going on, but Sniper's Bombardment is acting really weird. It does a good amount of dmg, then in a matter of a 2 seconds it hits like a wet noodle.

[IMG]
Old 11-04-2014, 03:20 PM   #47
Gillymann

I logged into beta for a few hours and played around with sniper squad.

It seemed like a really cool idea, and then I looked at my parses, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out the ability actually did or accomplished.
Gillymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:41 PM   #48
Neiloch

Were you using Shadow on a brig? I could certainly see it being a 'brigand' specific issue with things like double up. I'm wondering what kind of numbers assassins are getting out of Shadow. I'm assuming Squad does two hits for every one of Shadow with the hits themselves being roughly the same since Squad lasts half as long.

I was messing with this some more and its coinciding exactly with when 'Dragon Claws' expires since Squad is 15 seconds and claws is 10 seconds. Its very likely occurring when many other damage buffs that boost its damage expire as well but in varying degrees explaining the other low hits/zero hits.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:56 PM   #49
Bloodguts

How can an expiring 10% potency buff cause Sniper Squad to hit for over 300k damage less than the previous 2 hits then jump back up in damage the hit afterwards?
Old 11-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #50
Bloodguts

(1415111840)[Tue Nov 04 10:37:20 2014] Kaaria's sniper's Bombardment hits training dummy for a critical of 325825 piercing damage.
(1415111840)[Tue Nov 04 10:37:20 2014] Kaaria's sniper's Bombardment hits training dummy for a critical of 369210 piercing damage.
(1415111842)[Tue Nov 04 10:37:22 2014] Kaaria's sniper's Bombardment hits training dummy for a critical of 55010 piercing damage.
(1415111842)[Tue Nov 04 10:37:22 2014] Kaaria's sniper's Bombardment hits training dummy for a critical of 50740 piercing damage.
(1415111844)[Tue Nov 04 10:37:24 2014] Kaaria's sniper's Bombardment hits training dummy for a critical of 344718 piercing damage.
(1415111844)[Tue Nov 04 10:37:24 2014] Kaaria's sniper's Bombardment hits training dummy for a critical of 345497 piercing damage.
How does this make any sense?
Old 11-04-2014, 09:23 PM   #51
Nezette

Hold the phone... Bloodguts = Kaaria?! How did I miss this memo?
Nezette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:07 PM   #52
Bloodguts

Shhhh, don't tell anyone!
Old 11-04-2014, 10:54 PM   #53
Neiloch

Well this odd bug seems to scale. If 'Flaming Assault' expires during 'Sniper Squad' it results in a pair of low hits like 'Dragon Claws' but not nearly as low.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:44 PM   #54
Errrorr

Get told to wear Potency gear to make combat arts work better. Use potency abilities. Combat arts break.

#Scoutproblems
Errrorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:36 AM   #55
Neiloch

After raiding with both assassin and brigand 'shadows' a boost is definitely needed. Doing about half the damage and duration is half as long already.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:37 AM   #56
Buffrat

Maybe after it gets fixed and we get proper numbers from the Squad. Shadow is pretty lols though.

Could be fine if it's just allowed to trigger off melee CAs, too.
Buffrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:10 AM   #57
Neiloch

That's why its a 'bug.' Its a base potency buff, not just regular potency which I suspect has something to do with it. Seems like its telling it you have zero potency for that hit after dragon claws drops until it calculates again for the next hit. Instead of leaving base out of it entirely, its doing something like 600 potency*0 base potency increase, which would come out to 0 potency.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:32 PM   #58
Neiloch

So this was updated by... a lot.

-Squad is a naked generic version of my race (DE's in their undies)
-Attack on every CA and auto attack
-Cast an attack animation similar to Rapid Salvo on every attack
--Doesn't appear to work like rapid salvo, current target only
-casts both 'sniper's bombardment' and 'sniper's barrage' but they seem to hit for exactly the same damage at the same time
-While the hits themselves are lower the overall DPS has been increased

I think I will be raiding with it tonight. Overall its definitely been improved from what I can tell. The hits fluctuate quite a bit. Indications are that the hits are based on what attack is triggering them.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:16 PM   #59
Jrel

Naked snipers FTW! I guess I'm not paying them enough. I am curious why there is Barrage and Bombardment. One for each sniper I assume. Are those their codenames? Wink
Old 11-05-2014, 07:24 PM   #60
Neiloch

If my doubles are always gonna show up half naked I'm going to have to make a a very specific change to my character.

Otherwise 'Hall of Mirrors' I mean 'Sniper Squad' is looking good.