EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #31
Xephier
Server: Guk

Loremaster

I do not like the in your face thing either, please remove it SOE, the majority of people do not want it there and that was expressed on the beta forums, please listen to your customers for once, you can't afford to lose any more.

Xephier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #32
Cloudrat

Tester

Wow all this flak over a small pretty bauble on the bottom of your character page?  I thought it was great and nice way to make it accessible to all your alts on any server. 

Old 10-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #33
bucketon

Loremaster

can use it on any character any server? i guess that explains why it needed a seperate interface.

Though someone spending so much just to make some pp would probably have thought about what server they want to make it on anyway.

edit : woah wait, if you buy a krono in broker can sell it on another server?

bucketon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #34
Jrral

Loremaster

[email protected]Antonia Bayle wrote:

I wait anxiously for the fix to be posted on how to hack your UI files to remove it from your sight.

I can say this: in ProfitUI the Krono interface will not be on the main inventory page and will not be allowed to be obtrusively large. I'm figuring on putting the Krono stuff on the Currency tab and moving the SC (and new PSC) stuff there as well, there being more room for extra graphics at the bottom of that tab.

Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #35
Xephier
Server: Guk

Loremaster

Cloudrat wrote:

Wow all this flak over a small pretty bauble on the bottom of your character page?  I thought it was great and nice way to make it accessible to all your alts on any server. 

The majority have expressed their disslike for the in your face buy it now sales tactics also the disslike for the placement in the middle of a piece of mainstream UI, not everyone is skilled enough to customize their UI and the majority of people should not have to do so when they have asked for this not to be there. At this point it's more about the principle and the fact that SOE is completely ignoring and going against customer wishes in order to try and push more sales.

Xephier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #36
-Arctura-

Loremaster

How to remove Krono in 30 seconds:

Windows search for 'krono'

it finds a file called eq2ui_mainhud_personal.xml        open this file

delete lines 48 to 61

-Arctura- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:17 PM   #37
Finora

Tester

-Arctura- wrote:

Windows search for 'krono'

it finds a file called eq2ui_mainhud_personal.xml        open this file

delete lines 48 to 61

Way faster than my way =)

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #38
Finora

Tester

Red21Shift wrote:

This was very good advice . . . after taking a crack at the UI Builder and following the above instructions, I was able to remove the Chrono from my character screen, however, my buttons on the left side dissappear as well.  I know minimal about UI modding, so I'm not sure where the problem is.

I'm very much an amateur at UI modding as well. I'm not sure what you could have done to make the buttons disappear unless you also accidently deleted something else.

Luckily you can just snag the eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml from the default UI and copy it back in place & either try again or follow the instructions someone else gave just above here.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #39
-Arctura-

Loremaster

notepad++ gives you line numbers, makes this easy. just remember to realign the code block below when you delete stuff.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:50 PM   #40
Deago

Loremaster

If (and it is a big if) you can buy krono on any server and resell on any server that would be a major plus.  

Old 10-30-2012, 02:14 AM   #41
Tommara

Loremaster

This plus the in-game advertising for SC (window in my face when I log in, SC button on my exp bar) makes me wonder why I'm paying for a subscription.

I do think that copying Eve's PLEX (pilot's license something) is a good idea to beat the gold sellers in a "if you can't beat them, join them" kind of way.

BTW, I saw that people are already selling them in the broker, starting at over 1500 pp.  Can free accounts hold that much pp?

Tommara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:51 AM   #42
Avianna
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Ronin

Loremaster

With the restrictions on plat to free accounts it takes away the target market because they cannot hold enough plat to make the sale worth the price of the krono. I do not have a free account so I cannot verify  but if my memory serves me correct it is 2p per lvl.... so at lvl 92 they can hold 184 plat? This should be addressed, remove the plat restrictions from free accounts or at least up it to todays standard that a 92 should be able to hold a couple thousand or so plat. At least then they are ABLE to spend the plat to purchase the subscription krono.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:30 AM   #43
-Arctura-

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

With the restrictions on plat to free accounts it takes away the target market because they cannot hold enough plat to make the sale worth the price of the krono. I do not have a free account so I cannot verify  but if my memory serves me correct it is 2p per lvl.... so at lvl 92 they can hold 184 plat? This should be addressed, remove the plat restrictions from free accounts or at least up it to todays standard that a 92 should be able to hold a couple thousand or so plat. At least then they are ABLE to spend the plat to purchase the subscription krono.

Silver members can hold 20g per level, so a total of 18p 40g at level 92

Old 10-30-2012, 06:29 AM   #44
Terron

Loremaster

Cloudrat wrote:

It is too large, and in a bad place being not relevant to the character.

Being accessible is unimportant - I will not use it.

I am paying to play the game as an escape from reality. This makes reality intrude upon playing the game. I do not want to think about paying for the game whilst playing it.

Terron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #45
The-Plethora

Loremaster

Yeah this needs to be moved. Put it in the obnoxious pop up show screen that we have to close each time we login that paying players have to see, or in the currency tab, this is basically the equivilent to buying plat in the old days but somehow it's now fine?

I had to laugh that they gave it the mythical tag as well to add some perceived 'value', and yeah the plat restrictions on free accounts completely rule out your target market so it seems a bit pointless adding more to this increasingly cash shop driven game.

The-Plethora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #46
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Krono on the broker on Guk for 2000plat.  (Why make the Krono $18US when a sub is $15)

LOL LOL

LOL LOL

LOL LOL

Station Cash cards will still sell well.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #47
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

Krono on the broker on Guk for 2000plat.  (Why make the Krono $18US when a sub is $15)

LOL LOL

LOL LOL

LOL LOL

on ab they are priced from 550 to 1100pp. so people will use them, but cards will still sell.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #48
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

LOL LOL

LOL LOL

LOL LOL

The price of Krono's will quickly level out near the price of SC cards.  If anything it will drive the price down, as I think with a new clearly blessed system it will be used more than the SC sideshow.

There are many reasons I like the Krono idea, and there are many reasons that I hate it.

I myself raid at a level that I earn everything I want and don't feel the need to spend plat on gear.  So Krono's are kinda cool as I don't spend plat on other things, now I can more easily spend it to play for free.

However, at the same time, someone else will have the same gear and rewards as I do, not cause they killed the same mobs as me, have the same skill, or the same dedication, but only cause they have a fat wallet.

So, its sadening to see eq2 go down the path of he who has the biggest wallet wins.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #49
Vinyard
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

Cheapest one is 800p on AB. Max is 2k (lolololololol)

Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #50
Juggercap

Elder

Who said free accounts were the market for this? That makes no sense.

If they figure out a way for these to apply to the expansion, SOE may yet see financial compensation from me. I'd spend plat if someone else wants to spend money. I'm not planning on ever spending money again as long as SJ is involved in the game.

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #51
Vifarc

Loremaster

-Arctura- wrote:

finds a file called eq2ui_mainhud_personal.xml  open this file

delete lines 48 to 61

Nope it does not work, even when write protected, the game redo the file.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #52
Windstalker

Senior Staff

We are looking at options right now to tweak the UI a bit...

Producer

EverQuest II
Windstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #53
ArtemisClyde

Loremaster

crazyeyes321 wrote:

Lower the cost to 14.99 so that it is competitive with store bought SC cards.  I could be wrong, but I imagine walmart and the like make a dollar or so from selling the gamecards in shop, so that would be a dollar saved if people bought them in house.

The Krono (plex) idea is good, but to charge 20% more for a digital feature is silly.

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

LOL LOL

they said you can use a krono to extend 1 month if you're a all access member, which costs more then 14.99 for just 1 month. (19.99/1mo, 17.99/mo for 3 mos)

ArtemisClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #54
Regolas

Loremaster

Well I just bought two for my two accounts for 550pp each. I must say I think it's fantastic that I can play for free just by farming plat for a week. My guess is that they'll get more expensive as more plat flows into the economy and the people who buy the krono for cash get enough so stop buying them. They'll always be a market for buying them with plat, not sure about the other way round.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #55
General_Info

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Red21Shift wrote:

This was very good advice . . . after taking a crack at the UI Builder and following the above instructions, I was able to remove the Chrono from my character screen, however, my buttons on the left side dissappear as well.  I know minimal about UI modding, so I'm not sure where the problem is.

I'm very much an amateur at UI modding as well. I'm not sure what you could have done to make the buttons disappear unless you also accidently deleted something else.

Luckily you can just snag the eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml from the default UI and copy it back in place & either try again or follow the instructions someone else gave just above here.

I tried the same thing with the ui builder a couple of times with the persona file (when krono first popped up on my ui i looked at persona.xml tried and failed to remove it, must have missed something.) deleting lines 48 to 61 works though.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #56
bks6721

Loremaster

Regolas wrote:

Well I just bought two for my two accounts for 550pp each. I must say I think it's fantastic that I can play for free just by farming plat for a week. My guess is that they'll get more expensive as more plat flows into the economy and the people who buy the krono for cash get enough so stop buying them. They'll always be a market for buying them with plat, not sure about the other way round.

you work for $17 a week and lose a week of normal gameplay in the process?  sounds fun.

bks6721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #57
Regolas

Loremaster

LOL, no way Pauly. A week of farming is a few hours of PR a week (2 runs on 2 toons) plus a 5 minute run of OoA every time I log on. For those couple of hours, I get to play for free. I'd be doing the farming anyway as something to do if grouping isn't an option.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #58
SOE-MOD-17

Community Moderator

Hi! Please direct any and all feedback, questions or concerns about Krono to our Official Feedback thread here. Thanks!

Closing thread.

SOE-MOD-17 is offline   Reply With Quote