EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
Monkums

Loremaster

Has anyone else noticed the change in bow delays since GU61?  Both the crafted longbow and shortbow now have a 9.0 second delay.  I'm new to the class, playing just as an alt, but can anyone give me some guidance on how this will affect me as a lowbie?  It seems to be detrimental since I don't have items with haste to speed up my auto-attack nor do I have enough combat arts to fill in the time between auto-attacks.

Also, it doesn't make an ounce of sense to me as to why Rangers cannot cast their bow CAs on the move. Every other class I play can cast CAs on the move. Isn't this a class that needs to be mobile to survive while soloing?

Thanks in advance for your help. SMILEY

Monkums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
GussJr

Loremaster

Monkums wrote:

Also, it doesn't make an ounce of sense to me as to why Rangers cannot cast their bow CAs on the move. Every other class I play can cast CAs on the move. Isn't this a class that needs to be mobile to survive while soloing?

Welcome to the class.

Siame, 90 K. Zerk, 90 Alchemist

Palayna, 34 Fae Monk, 90 Master Carpenter

Beastmastress, 90 WE BL, 31 Prov
GussJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
boondoggle

Loremaster

Since I've returned, I've noticed the short bows and long bows have the same "ranged distance" (35m)???

Are there no 45m bows anymore?

Old 09-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
Tylis

Loremaster

Yeah, since 61 the short and long bows are the same except for the stats.  Longbows are str/sta with +hate  and short are agi/sta.  Range, delay and DPS and damage range are all the same now.

Tylis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #5
boondoggle

Loremaster

I guess they don't understand the mechanics of what a long bow and a short bow are!

In the past, I'd give up a little DPS for that extra 10m! Oh well!