EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-19-2007, 01:13 AM   #1
Cantilena

Loremaster

I walked into the office after watching Rome and Battlestar Gallactica tonight, and saw that my GF was getting jumped by some orange con freep on the beach in Feerot.  About five seconds into the "fight" it's obvious the "Destroyer" wasn't going to win, so I said, "Yay, he's gonna zone now".  And of course, he did.

I can still post here because we have a Station Access subscription on this account, but I've pretty much quit eq2 completely now; been checking out Vanguard etc.  But I HAD come back to eq2 full time because PvP had made the game somewhat challenging.

But "fights" like what I saw my GF having are all there are left on Venekor server.  The same cowardly, title-hugging weeners trying for their easy kill, and zoning when they don't get it.  Yay.  What an exciting game you have.

If you would JUST fix it so you can't zone away and be safe, your game might actually be worth playing.  As it is, it's just Ever-Run.  There's no point in PvP at all.  And without PvP, eq2 is a n00btastically easy spamfest that any [Removed for Content] can master and max out in a matter of a couple months.

/sigh...  and it could be SO good if you just changed this ONE thing, and made the cowards eat the deaths they deserve.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:15 AM   #2
holypaladin28

General

read the update notes before you post

holypaladin28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:16 AM   #3
Cantilena

Loremaster

holypaladin2819 wrote:

read the update notes before you post

So, I DIDN'T see the "destroyer" zone out after starting a fight he couldn't win?
Old 02-19-2007, 01:21 AM   #4
Cantilena

Loremaster

Ok, so I went back and read all the update notes since before I quit.  I see nothing that changes the fact that people can start a fight and then zone when they see they are losing.  Therefore, your game still sucks.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:34 AM   #5
Theladorn

Loremaster

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=347177

Scroll down to the second post and refer to the last item pertaining to PVP.  I believe this is what Kalgore was referring to.

Theladorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:51 AM   #6
TheBramb

General

hahaha why do you keep mentioning "my GF"?  Do you think anyone here is going to be impressed with you because you casually mention your alleged girlfriend 4 times in a single post? 

TheBramb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:59 AM   #7
Metal_Starz

Loremaster

Maybe its a new g/f and he's proud..lol. Anyway, they are changing it so you can't zone while engaged in PvP. So relax there bud.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:21 AM   #8
Cantilena

Loremaster

Wow.  You guys pick some really stupid [Removed for Content] to find fault with.  Is it because you can't deny that eq2 PvP in its current state sucks?  (Glad to see they are finally wising up about babysitter healers and zone hugging cowardice.  I might even be convinced to split my game time between games now).

Ok, since my status seems so important to you, here it is:

My GF and I are both divorced, we've been together for seven years, and own a home together.  We are both old.  (Her kids are grown, and my ex wife didn't put out, so I have no kids.)  I got her hooked on eq about four years ago.  Our life is really quite dull.  We aren't married mostly because we've both been there, done that, and really can't be bothered.  I hardly ever get laid anymore, and if we split up, I'd be financially screwed -- so it's just like being married anyway, only without blowing lots of cash on a wedding.

So no, I'm not making it up that I have a girlfriend.  I mentioned her a lot because she was the one playing.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:01 AM   #9
holypaladin28

General

i just wanna say you are a DEE DEE DEE
holypaladin28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:14 AM   #10
CresentBlade

Guardian

OK this was a weird post. It scared me a littleSMILEY.
CresentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:28 AM   #11
ToejaM t

General

Cantilena wrote:
My GF and I are both divorced, we've been together for seven years, and own a home together.  We are both old.  (Her kids are grown, and my ex wife didn't put out, so I have no kids.)  I got her hooked on eq about four years ago.  Our life is really quite dull.  We aren't married mostly because we've both been there, done that, and really can't be bothered.  I hardly ever get laid anymore, and if we split up, I'd be financially screwed -- so it's just like being married anyway, only without blowing lots of cash on a wedding.
Sometimes you really should just keep people guessing SMILEY
ToejaM t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:05 AM   #12
Elfin Hoi Man

Loremaster

TMi! SMILEY
Elfin Hoi Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:34 PM   #13
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

I have a GF too she hates EQ2, wanta trade heh SMILEY

Old 02-19-2007, 12:42 PM   #14
D-DevilK

General

Cantilena wrote:

Wow.  You guys pick some really stupid [I cannot control my vocabulary] to find fault with.  Is it because you can't deny that eq2 PvP in its current state sucks?  (Glad to see they are finally wising up about babysitter healers and zone hugging cowardice.  I might even be convinced to split my game time between games now).

So no, I'm not making it up that I have a girlfriend.  I mentioned her a lot because she was the one playing.

Way to change the subject. The fact still is that you got pointed to the LU32 patch notes and you STILL couldn't see it, I bet you saw it then came back to show off your shiny girlfriend. This is the INTERNET. No-one cares.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:10 PM   #15
Cantilena

Loremaster

D-DevilKid wrote:
 Cantilena wrote:

Wow.  You guys pick some really stupid [I cannot control my vocabulary] to find fault with.  Is it because you can't deny that eq2 PvP in its current state sucks?  (Glad to see they are finally wising up about babysitter healers and zone hugging cowardice.  I might even be convinced to split my game time between games now).

Way to change the subject. The fact still is that you got pointed to the LU32 patch notes and you STILL couldn't see it, I bet you saw it then came back to show off your shiny girlfriend. This is the INTERNET. No-one cares.

Get a sense of humor.  In fact, get a LIFE.  NO, I hadn't read the TEST SERVER update notes for a game I quit a month ago.  I WATCHED the lameness of the game as it CURRENTLY IS, and posted my opinion.  Congratulations on being correct about something.

As for the change of subject, it was another poster who posted about my girlfriend.  I thought it was FUNNY (again, look into getting yourself a sense of humor, dooshbag), so I posted some other crap.  A s s munches like you are the other thing that makes LOTS of PvP games suck.  Always someone SO obsessed with boosting their self-esteem by "pwning" someone, that it even extends to rebuking them on dubass forums like this.

You are a completely pathetic piece of sh*t.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:28 PM   #16
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

Q's arent supose to talk like that....... What would thw queen say SMILEY

muhahahah

Old 02-19-2007, 01:37 PM   #17
Bozidar

Loremaster

Cantilena wrote:

Get a sense of humor.  In fact, get a LIFE.  NO, I hadn't read the TEST SERVER update notes for a game I quit a month ago.  I WATCHED the lameness of the game as it CURRENTLY IS, and posted my opinion.  Congratulations on being correct about something.

As for the change of subject, it was another poster who posted about my girlfriend.  I thought it was FUNNY (again, look into getting yourself a sense of humor, dooshbag), so I posted some other crap.  A s s munches like you are the other thing that makes LOTS of PvP games suck.  Always someone SO obsessed with boosting their self-esteem by "pwning" someone, that it even extends to rebuking them on dubass forums like this.

You are a completely pathetic piece of sh*t.

Bottom line is that you came onto the forum, didn't take 30 seconds to read a single thread, proceeded to post on a topic that's been beaten to death and then actually ADDRESSED by the devs, and is coming soon..

You looked like a dink, and you should know it SMILEY  Don't get all mad.. just bow out, say "my bad" and move on..lots more stuff to discuss here w/o getting into a flame war

Bozidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:43 PM   #18
Cantilena

Loremaster

Bozidar wrote:
Bottom line is that you came onto the forum, didn't take 30 seconds to read a single thread, proceeded to post on a topic that's been beaten to death and then actually ADDRESSED by the devs, and is coming soon..

You looked like a dink, and you should know it SMILEY  Don't get all mad.. just bow out, say "my bad" and move on..lots more stuff to discuss here w/o getting into a flame war

You are correct that these things were beaten to death over and over.  And as of last night, the game I saw my GF playing was the same stupid EverRun I had quit.  When someone DID point out the test server notes, I did say I was glad to hear it, and might even come back to the game.

People like the dumbfook I flamed just annoy the hell out of me.  LOOKIT ME, I'M RIGHT ABOUT SOMETHING, AND SOMEONE ELSE IS WRONG!!!  He needs to get a fooking life.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:56 PM   #19
Bozidar

Loremaster

Cantilena wrote:
Bozidar wrote:

People like the dumbfook I flamed just annoy the hell out of me.  LOOKIT ME, I'M RIGHT ABOUT SOMETHING, AND SOMEONE ELSE IS WRONG!!!  He needs to get a fooking life.

Most folks who play EQ2 could be categorized as needing to get a fooking life SMILEY

Not all of us need to let the anger go though.. some of us can play happy.  And even post happy SMILEY

Bozidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:57 PM   #20
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

Well honestly most peeps dont look at the test notes i just do cause im a freaking troll, but this is Ever run and always will be.....

Even with this update it will get exploited, changed or removed and peeps will still run and the ones who dont catch them will still be [Removed for Content]......

Old 02-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #21
tass

Loremaster

And what game is everrun when you dont have ur evercrack. EVERCRACK only 19.95 stock up now for that in combat warp 3 miles speed boost!!!
tass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #22
SkullandBon

General

LOL started to read this thread this morning, and I can't believe it hasn't been locked yet. /pops more popcorn
Old 02-19-2007, 03:54 PM   #23
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

SkullandBones wrote:
LOL started to read this thread this morning, and I can't believe it hasn't been locked yet. /pops more popcorn
woogly boogly why is that heh?
Old 02-19-2007, 04:15 PM   #24
Fearborn

Loremaster

Well, if you look at the basics, no-one wants to die, even in a game.

People want maximum kill streaks, k/d ratios, big titles.

It makes sense.

I agree though, the new update of no zoning during Pvp combat will be interesting.  My fear is that it will continue to favour the group players and raid tactics.

Fearborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:05 PM   #25
Scarrlette

Closed for language filter violations and off-topicedness.

And if I had a gf that played, I might be proud too.  Ya know, if I were a guy and stuff.