EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-02-2007, 02:24 AM   #31
DobyMT

Loremaster

sparql wrote:

Nocifer Deathblade wrote:

sparql wrote:

I was capped when EoF came out.  I am now at 95 AA's; without mentoring for a single turn in, without completing all the quests (still have all the 65+ HQ's to finish), without completing all the collections. 

I hate to say it, but go play something else, people like you bring nothing but negativity to an otherwise fun game.

3 words

Very well planned

You are not really capped out before EOF.   People who capped out would have LOT of quests DONE..  I see that your quests are in 700's now. I would assume that you had maybe less than 500 quests before EOF coming out. I have 900 quests approx before EOF coming out that sure gave me pretty hard time to earn more AAs.

Bottom line..  Lvl 70 players with few quests/collection/HQs will have huge advantage in earning AAs than ones who done them beforehand.

The EOF changes made me wish that I didn't do lot of collection/quests/etc before EOF. It's not right for SOE to penalize players who done lot before EOF other than just grinding. Players who grinded to 70 without doing quests, etc are largely rewarded now over players who covered every facets of the game that had to offer and they get severly penalized for it.  Players done lot of T3 quests covering Nek, TS, etc and had to earn very small AA% per quest. Now, those players who didn't do Nek/TS at all will enjoy huge benefit out of them.

Message Edited by Nocifer Deathblade on 02-01-2007 09:58 AM

Actually I was capped at 70 with 50 AAs.  The amount of quests has nothing to do with it, as I'm not a quest [Removed for Content] and don't do a ton of them.  As a matter of fact, I probably had 600 quests done when EOF released.  I have not completed any non-eof content since it released (with the exception of a few collections I finally got the remaining pieces for).  

I have not done a single quest in EOF from a zone other than Loping Plains, with the exception of 2 SQ's and 1 HQ. 

I'm the kind of player who does what's level appropriate for me, once a quest in my journal turns gray, I delete it.  I actually had "Into the Shattered Vale", a level 13 quest in my journal well over a year because I couldn't delete it, even though t took me like 5 mins to complete once I finally did.  Basically I enjoy doing things when I'm supposed to so they are a challenge, after that I lose interest.

I don't know why my experiences getting AA has been so much easier than it was for you.  But I can tell you every conclusion you've made about my play style is incorrect.  What it boils down to is, I was at the same cap as you when EOF released and have done nothing more than you have.

I'm sorry, but there is no way you are telling the whole story.  There's no way you never left EoF for AA, never mentored once, an only raided and turned in level appropiate quests in EoF.  Its not possible to hit 50AAs that way.
DobyMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:33 AM   #32
valkyrja

Loremaster

DobyMT wrote:

sparql wrote:

Nocifer Deathblade wrote:

sparql wrote:

I was capped when EoF came out.  I am now at 95 AA's; without mentoring for a single turn in, without completing all the quests (still have all the 65+ HQ's to finish), without completing all the collections.  I hate to say it, but go play something else, people like you bring nothing but negativity to an otherwise fun game.3 wordsVery well planned

You are not really capped out before EOF.   People who capped out would have LOT of quests DONE..  I see that your quests are in 700's now. I would assume that you had maybe less than 500 quests before EOF coming out. I have 900 quests approx before EOF coming out that sure gave me pretty hard time to earn more AAs.

Bottom line..  Lvl 70 players with few quests/collection/HQs will have huge advantage in earning AAs than ones who done them beforehand.

The EOF changes made me wish that I didn't do lot of collection/quests/etc before EOF. It's not right for SOE to penalize players who done lot before EOF other than just grinding. Players who grinded to 70 without doing quests, etc are largely rewarded now over players who covered every facets of the game that had to offer and they get severly penalized for it.  Players done lot of T3 quests covering Nek, TS, etc and had to earn very small AA% per quest. Now, those players who didn't do Nek/TS at all will enjoy huge benefit out of them.

Message Edited by Nocifer Deathblade on 02-01-2007 09:58 AM

Actually I was capped at 70 with 50 AAs.  The amount of quests has nothing to do with it, as I'm not a quest [Removed for Content] and don't do a ton of them.  As a matter of fact, I probably had 600 quests done when EOF released.  I have not completed any non-eof content since it released (with the exception of a few collections I finally got the remaining pieces for).   I have not done a single quest in EOF from a zone other than Loping Plains, with the exception of 2 SQ's and 1 HQ.  I'm the kind of player who does what's level appropriate for me, once a quest in my journal turns gray, I delete it.  I actually had "Into the Shattered Vale", a level 13 quest in my journal well over a year because I couldn't delete it, even though t took me like 5 mins to complete once I finally did.  Basically I enjoy doing things when I'm supposed to so they are a challenge, after that I lose interest.I don't know why my experiences getting AA has been so much easier than it was for you.  But I can tell you every conclusion you've made about my play style is incorrect.  What it boils down to is, I was at the same cap as you when EOF released and have done nothing more than you have.

I'm sorry, but there is no way you are telling the whole story.  There's no way you never left EoF for AA, never mentored once, an only raided and turned in level appropiate quests in EoF.  Its not possible to hit 50AAs that way.
I will requalify what I have said in several posts in this thread.  1 - The only time I mentored is when we decided to go wipe out T5 statics for status.2 - I have not done any old-world quests since EOF released (rethought this, i did finally get master of the fluttering wing out of my book)3 - I do raid, and have been in all the EOF zones (have not beat them all yet) and of course we still raid KOS4 - The only, and I mean only gray quest I've done in EOF (did not mentor) was the one to get the quacker familiar.  And of couse the diety line. (was not mentored for these)5 - I have only handed in maybe 10 or so EOF collections, still missing too many rare parts for googles.6 - I have turned in somewhere around 8-10 non-EOF collections as I've finished them.The vast bulk of my AA's have come from raiding, exploring, killing nameds, and looting treasures.  I am the kind of person who progress my character the way the game is designed.  The only thing I can think of that could be giving me a bonus is I didn't start raiding till I had 50 AAs.  So when I've killed or explored the various KOS raid zones, I was able to get a few points.  But since they used to have the no aa for full raids bug, I imagine lots of people still got credit for these too.  I'll post the numbers in my AA bar when I get home tonight, but none of them are particularly impressive.

Message Edited by sparql on 02-01-2007 04:34 PM

Old 02-02-2007, 06:25 AM   #33
Llach

Loremaster

Mezmier wrote:To attain 50aa's and reach 100 since EoF launched....At lvl 70 You run out of quests, raid & regular named to kill very fast, you run out of zones to explore for discovery, and collection quests have run dry also at this point... Your probably at 75-80aa if your lucky imo. Now to finish off your AA (Because lets face it grinding is not an option) how many of you have had to mentor the rest of the way to finish off these aa? I mean is this what the designers thought was content? I have had to mentor daily, and do every timeline quest below lvl 60 including killing low lvl named, and guess what I'm still 95aa... I have Gfay left...Mmmm sounds like fun.When a game comes to the point of cringing before you log on cause the content is lacking, its very frustrating. I dont want to reach 100aa's by doing grey friggen quests, I want to aquire the aa's by doing content that challenges me...not kill 10 bears and return for 5% aa.... It really bothers me that alot of you are so blind.3 wordsPoorly thought out

I'm sorry but that comment makes you seem to be a complete masochistic idiot.  Seriously you "force" yourself to play a game that makes you cringe?  Are you a complete idiot or just exaggerating for the sake of expelling breath?
Llach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:07 AM   #34
Mezmier

Loremaster

When a game comes to the point of cringing before you log on cause the content is lacking, its very frustrating. I dont want to reach 100aa's by doing grey friggen quests, I want to aquire the aa's by doing content that challenges me...not kill 10 bears and return for 5% aa.... It really bothers me that alot of you are so blind.Finish reading and it will make some sence.... bloody goof!
Old 02-02-2007, 04:23 PM   #35
shamefu11

Loremaster

ok so lets see here EoF: 4 new raid zones,                  all 4 cleared ww in the first 90 days, sorry, but 2 of the 4 zones cleared in under 2 days seems kinda odd. 9 avatars?                                      Marr, Below, Flame, 1 more i think dead in under 90 days. 2 contested.                                     1 dead in under 2 months. Trasmuting / Tinkering,                    Maxed out in 1 day if u got the cash. quests?                                           done in 1 week at a casual pace unless u reroll a fae. hmm Epic line??                           Not in game yet, 2 months later... Loot?                                       Itemization is [Removed for Content] worse then KoS and DoF combined (but they are fixing it, for the 2nd time.) now, lets go to progression shall we?  Wuoshi drops 5 items that make u immune to de-level for 20 seconds, oh wait, but mayong does this! maybe they are for mayong! but wait.... mayong was killed 2 weeks before Woushi... im confused. Set gear > all contested gear at this point, is this right? this is like labs gear being the same as Deathtoll. change a mob, and he is killed the same day (pumpkin) however this fight was one of the most fun fights i have seen to date, and he drops 2 items for NPU, a cloth brawler hat, and a scout hat with a proc that doesnt have a duration so +6 dps forever? oh lets not mention the monk hat's proc wont work on an epic, even tho its off a contested. anyways whats next. oh yes.  we can talk about charm / vampire / de-level lag. The only reason Emerald hall / mayong wasnt cleared in the first month.  (rumber is broken Still) and we are over 2 months in. Still no betrayel from Fae. still no Kelathin mounts for lvl 60, granted its not a major concern. Mobs in MMIS drop same loot as EH oh here is the best one for you, all Avatars have a shared loot table. so this means, entry level avatar is killed by Guild A, they receive item Y, end game avatar is killed by Guild B, they receive Item y. Yea thats real effin fair. BUT IT GETS BETTER! you guys even admitted that not all the classes even had set gear in the game at EoF launch! think, how many class gears have u guys not seen drop outta FTH, *cough* i bet if we made a world wide list, there would be quite a few. and they magically appear when the *MMIS LOOT* was changed. i could keep going for hours, about how this Expansion is released before it was done. but i wont. there is no excuse for the state in which this game was released. and people are leaving in FLOCKS to VG. why? because there is now an alternative to WoW. am i one of these people? no not yet. so dont give me the 'dont like it, leave' attitude.  But i am one who is sick of unfinished products being thrown at paying customers to beta test. GG SoE.  /rant off. on one final note. I guess the thing that irks me the most, is that although EoF had a beta, we are still paying to betatest a product, and hate to say it, but all of t7 content sans 100- solo quests, is indeed, raid content. and raidcontent, should not be betatested live. not when u are taking the time of 24 people who are working their [Removed for Content] off, in the case of EH, for sometimes up to 10 hrs a night for 3 nights, to clear a zone, to receive no wolfsbane for example, because you guys [I cannot control my vocabulary]ed up. just one example off the top of my head.

Message Edited by shamefu11 on 02-02-2007 03:29 AM

shamefu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:46 PM   #36
Scarrlette

I realize that people are disappointed that Unrest didn't make it into this GU, however, ranting is really not needed.