EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Raid Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-15-2014, 06:30 PM   #1
Gninja

Developer

This is the first raid zone in the progression. Expected resists and hitpoint values are currently set to 600khp minimum and 100k resists. We will be doing some structured tests over the next couple days with a few organized guilds and will do some tweaking from that as well as squash any bugs we find.

3 Bosses
1 one-shot boss (will likely not be active for testing during beta)

It should not take long to get through the testing on this zone and once we have done our organized testing we will open up the second zone to be tested.

Feel free to post questions, comments, or report bugs with the zone in this thread. Just please be constructive as we will be removing any posts that are not helpful to keep the thread on topic.

I will be opening the zone to the public later tonight.

Current list of open issues:

- Trash encounters have too many hitpoints
- Burning Splash is not applying in Kerridicus encounter
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:34 PM   #2
Luzionist

What is the reset timer of this going to be as it is only 3 bosses and how many items are the loot tables going to consist of, as well how many pieces will we see drop each kill?
Luzionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:36 PM   #3
Gninja

Developer

The current plan is for a 3 day lockout. A couple drops per boss. We have not finalized how deep the tables will be yet.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:12 AM   #4
fiyy

Is there any plans for scheduled events where devs will be hanging out watching? Or just attempt to get friends together and give it a go?
fiyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:46 AM   #5
Gninja

Developer

Its more than likely going to just be as there is time I will hop on and let folks know I am around. If I am around and not actively testing I can join your guild for some testing. We are also looking at getting some ways for you to test on your own in terms of raid buffs etc.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #6
Yajirushi62

How many other T1 raid zones will there be since this one has a 3 day lockout? Also, if you stick with a 3 day lockout timer, will there be an easy way to set the zone so a guild can clear it twice in one weekend?
Yajirushi62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:11 PM   #7
Gninja

Developer

All of Zavith'Loa is tier 1 and the first two bosses in Highhold and Brokenskull Bay are tier1
Old 10-17-2014, 03:13 AM   #8
Yajirushi62

So there should be enough content to keep a guild breaking in occupied without it seeming like a grind? Awesome, thanks Gninja.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:02 PM   #9
Karsa

1st dungeon looks very cool. 1st mob was pretty straight forward. The 2nd mob seemed bit rough on scouts in particular, not sure if there is damage shield or something to that effect but scouts kept dying. We didn't have lot time with the second mob so maybe missing something strat wise I hope just not big fan having to "range" down the mob.
Karsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:35 PM   #10
Gninja

Developer

This zone is now open for public testing. There are a few remaining bugs that have no made it to beta yet but feel free to post anything you see as an issue. The One shot boss is NOT active in this zone and will remain disabled until the expansion goes live.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #11
Bloodguts

Will the One Shot boss be tested internally and be functionally working for when it goes live?
Bloodguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #12
Gninja

Developer

It will be tested just like everything else it just will not open for people to learn the fight before it goes live.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:16 AM   #13
Ucala

My group doesn't meet the requirements to zone into the raid zone Tongue strange
Ucala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #14
Buffrat

I couldn't zone in yesterday when I tried, too.
Buffrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:43 PM   #15
Gninja

Developer

The zone has to have a flag on it for it to let players in (by zone I mean Tranquil Seas) I flagged all the zones that were spun up yesterday but if they go down and come back the value goes away. I removed the requirement and checked it in so either today or tomorrow it should permanently go away. I will log on and set the flag for the spun up zones here in a few min as well.

The high health of the trash has already been addressed and should be working its way to beta. Same for the going immune. He is supposed to run around to random raid members but you are supposed to be able to hit him while he does it.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:29 PM   #16
Conrow

Ok so my guild went into the zone tonight and did kill the first named and got a pull or 2 on the 2nd so far from what im seeing the trash has way too much hp the adverage trash fight was 15 minutes it kinda felt like pow all over again lol. and also the first named would go imune and run around the raid not doing anything for like 5 seconds then run back to the tank im not sure if thats intended or not so just letting you know about that. other than that the first named was rather straight forward and only took 2 pulls to kill him. also one more thing so you know you cant zone into the raid zone from any instance of TS other than TS1 if you are in 2 or 3 it tells you that your group does not meet the entrance req.
Conrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:11 AM   #17
Ucala

during the 2nd fight. if the raid wiped with the add alive (the main big add) he just stayed alive for us Tongue would never despawn
Ucala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:28 PM   #18
Gninja

Developer

Have that written down to get fixed. Thanks!
Old 10-20-2014, 09:22 AM   #19
Conrow

ok so we went in tonight and the trash has a lot less hp now but the first named was doing something not sure what that was wipping up over and over again so he was made substatually more difficult than he was friday night not sure if it was intended or not but, from what i have seen in tonights pulls he is a bit too hard to be the easiest named in progression
Conrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:05 PM   #20
Taiyla

We raided the zone last night BigGrin Had a good time and killed all 3 named available. Our thoughts and suggestions were sent to Gninja. I think the zone has some awesome art work! Can't wait to see what surprises will be put down in the "garden" area LOL. Thanks for opening the zone. We hope to see more of the raid zones soon!
Taiyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:05 AM   #21
Yajirushi62

Went into the zone with a force of people geared in a mix of 1/1energized, 3/3potent, 4/3potent, and various jewelery pieces, and only 20 people.

Teradus the Gorger - It was a fun fight to figure out, not too much to figure out, though the sprints seemed a bit random.

Kerridicus Searskin - Looks like a fun fight, though we had trouble burning the name enough while keeping the adds down, never really got past 95% before we died from the memwipes.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:51 AM   #22
Bloodguts

Hell yeah. Memwipes + Riposte = Win
Bloodguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:12 AM   #23
Gninja

Developer

Which mobs have riposte? That should have already been cleaned up.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:58 PM   #24
Errrorr

Teradus the Gorger - Fight was simple enough, perhaps an emote on memwipe would be nice, or it not conflicting with joust. Otherwise ok.

Kerridicus Searskin - 2nd named - AoE from the adds was pretty brutal on tanks, especially when adds died so easily and close together. Not sure if our dps was bad due to no uplifting procs broken + only having 22 people in raid, but seemed a reasonably high dps check. As a scout, this fight made me want to punch kittens. Not fun in the slightest personally.

The Crumbling Icon - The port to the lava + following death is pretty random and unavoidance. Random is not fun, and just annoys people. I liked the red text on certain players, made healers have to somewhat co-ordinate etc. I think the adds could do with some kind of explanation how they work, especially combined with the fact that if you fail the fight and try recover, you just reach the 'time' limit anyway. Took a few pulls but killed it in the end after working out exact strat.

Overall - Zone wasn't anything special, trash was annoying but we know that already. For a starter zone guess it'll keep people occupied for a week or 2.
Errrorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:11 PM   #25
Karnoz

From the MT's point of view, the first and third fights were okay, aside from the mobs seeming to have way too many HP. Could simply be a matter of our Uplifting procs not working, though, which undoubtedly impacted our DPS significantly.

I don't have any problem with the add AE's being brutal; that's what we have stoneskins and damage reduction temps for, after all.

What I do have a major problem with is the way over-used "let's repeatedly drain all the tank's power" effect.

Percentage-based power drains that virtually instantly leave you at zero power without any way of getting power back since the power drain recurs every second or so is a really crappy mechanic. From a tank's point of view, it effectively eliminates player skill from the equation: without power, you can't do anything to keep yourself alive, and you can't get power back by using potions, mana stones, hearts, shards, etc. since whatever small amount of power you may gain is more often than not going to disappear again an instant later.

To recap:
  • Let tanks take massive (non-auto-attack) spike damage that we need to use temps to counter. That's what those temps are for.
  • Allow us to actually use our temps, because 1) more often than not, healers won't be able to keep us standing on their own, and 2) being helpless isn't fun for anyone.
Karnoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:13 PM   #26
headbusta

This. Also not a fan of the incrementing crit chance debuffs (Derig/Irdul), I know the Derig one is supposed to force a tank swap eventually but I've always just tanked it all the way through. And the Irdul one doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than making tank dps more terrible than it already is...
headbusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 04:48 AM   #27
Yajirushi62

Honestly, the titans on Kerridicus Searskin need to lose their memwipe or something if you want it to the be the easiest zone, following old T1 raid patterns, the zone that can be done by casuals and pugs.

Right now Kerridicus Searskin will be a 15 minute fight for any low-end raid guild that comes in, even with the new gear that we have heard nothing about and the new prestige.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:39 PM   #28
Gninja

Developer

Keep in mind that the zone buffs do not grant the DPS increase you will get from expansion gear so you will have more dps by the time you get there on live.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:39 PM   #29
Gninja

Developer

If you are choosing to just continue tanking it rather than swapping then you are choosing to take the reduction in stats. It is not forcing you to do it.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #30
Gninja

Developer

Still waiting for this one... If you tell me which mobs riposte I WILL remove it.