EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-31-2015, 02:05 AM   #31
Mystfit

I'm curious about this change. In the Black Bolt fight, you pretty much die if you pick the wrong portal, so dying here too makes sense Wink And it's only two choices not 6 or whatever Wink
Old 10-31-2015, 05:31 AM   #32
Elinea

Okay, I came into the Howling Gateway AS without reading anything here, and without any kind of instructions. I came in, looked around, no real prompts as to what to do, so started out killing the hunter and gatherer kobolds running around the zone. When they were all dead, the two ghost looking big guys activated and I pulled them one at a time, again without a clue what I was doing.

Being a defiler and setting my tank merc on the mobs, the hunter I was just able to stand toe to toe and heal through all the adds beating on me till it was dead. The gatherer, I parked on one side of the zone with the tank merc beating on him, while I chased down the spirits trying to heal him. It took forever, but once they were all dead, it was again, stand toe to toe and heal through until he's dead.

Dandy.

Now, there is nothing else spawning so I run around seeing if there's something to click or activate or something. I notice the shields blocking a tunnel are clickable, and it says "dissolve" when I click them. But nothing happens. I imagine there was something I was supposed to do with them during the fight with the other guys, but again...no direction, no prompts or hints as to what I was supposed to do, and cannot finish the zone now, or advance the signature quest.

I'll reset it and try again later, but I really don't relish that long tedious bash fest I had with those kobolds.

Edit: Got a little further, figured out the dissolve thing, as well as figuring out the trinkets. I did get stuck when using the hunter trinket did nothing on the second or third trinket. I ended up just zoning out so I could try again.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:51 AM   #33
Sadbast2

Having serious issues with Hagrash. Beserker with all quest gear and replaced jewellry for most part + merc. Just seem to be piling into him for ages then trying to kill the spirits as they spawn. Not sure having to take so long is part of the plan. I assume these mobs are required as the signature quest is sending me in here.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:11 PM   #34
Chrol

Developer

We generally don't want players to die making a single mistake against a boss in advanced solo zones, but Black Bolt is a special case in a different environment with different mechanics. Plus he's a gnome.
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:57 PM   #35
Jaelissa

The mobs in Howling do hit too hard still. hard enough in raid gear I cant imagine surviving it in quested/crafted. But the mechanics of the fights are fine. Little bit of figuring out things. The biggest problem I see with it is for those portal things you desolve is designed for two people and the time to run to the other side needs to be lengthened a little bit.
Jaelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:07 PM   #36
Elowith

Howling Gateway Event. The last mob (Bagarash) is bugged. The form that you need to spawn and kill the adds (sorry healer, wasn't watching which was which), the adds pop under the floor and/or under the world. If you send someone other than the tank off to pull the adds underneath, they are insta-killed. It also appeared that the clickies didn't always work, making mob unkillable.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:26 PM   #37
Chrol

Developer

I'll fix those gates for the Advanced Solo so they don't have to be clicked in unison (or very near so).
Old 11-01-2015, 06:27 PM   #38
ZUES

You know what I was thinking when I first saw that? I thought you guys actually added Advanced Duo into Advanced Solos. I was excited to see it. The thought the barriers needed to be clicked by 2 players and that was the only theory I came up with (advanced duo)
Old 11-01-2015, 06:34 PM   #39
Chrol

Developer

One of the adds spawns inside the room with the crystal. I'll move that spawn point out as that may have been what you experienced. I'll also take a look at trinket bug you mentioned. Thanks!
Old 11-01-2015, 07:36 PM   #40
Jaelissa

Ahh that may explain the add we couldnt find last night but then suddenly showed up near the named. BTW the named did bug out where when you used the item that was called for gatherer/hunter it would explode as if you used the wrong one and give the message as if you had but it was the one called for. It made the named unkillable since it would never come out of the immunity.
Jaelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:40 PM   #41
Tabri

Yep we had our dirge pull the adds from the room but he was also doing the clickies was a lot of work for him. We couldnt kill the last named in there he is bugged we would use the appropriate item on him and like Jaelissa said we would blow up we lived a time or two and tried to pick up another item but it leaves inventory and none of the bodies would have one to use again for awhile. I think we were doing this right I am not sure Smile
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:57 PM   #42
Chrol

Developer

Looks like Bagarash wasn't removing his Form of the Hunter buff in the heroic version of Howling Gateway. That'll be fixed as well.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:46 AM   #43
Annabea

Had a problem a lil ago in Stygian: Adv solo (guess it might happen in heroic of that zone too), but somehow one of the Hunter kobolds didnt not turn into a white NPC and pop a spirit, instead it just vanished. Now the Hunter named wont trigger at all cause its missing that one spirit.

Asked guildies and a couple said they've seen it happen too, they didnt recall which one of the mobs tho. Mine was the closest Hunter coming up the left side from zone in.

Edit: since there is a reset tool now, went in to toy some more with it. Looks like if you are not on the top lvl (standing on the edge of stairs or the last stair), and kill one of the hunters, it just vanishes.

Sorry seems like if you one shot the first mob you engage it happens, hitting them with some small hit first and it seems the scripting is turned on by that first hit. Maybe its not triggering when you dont 'flag' as fighting with one shotting first?
Old 11-04-2015, 04:20 PM   #44
Chrol

Developer

Found the bug with those kobolds, Annabea. Thank you!
Old 11-04-2015, 11:08 PM   #45
ZUES

Toxic Pools - Cannot spawn the spider named by entrance. Cleared all trash and first named blob. Nothing after that.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:17 PM   #46
Chrol

Developer

Looking into it.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:43 PM   #47
ZUES

Toxic Pools Event Heroic (or whichever one has the Kobolds): The kobolds in there have a their frontal going behind them. So if tank pulls 3 (example) their frontal cone is one shotting people. The tank can take the damage just fine, but the group cannot. Any way you can reduce their frontal cone a little bit please? I think the frontal cone and the safe zone are reversed.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:05 PM   #48
Chrol

Developer

Howling Gateway? There are no cone effects in there. Do you have the name of the spell?
Old 11-05-2015, 10:05 PM   #49
Chrol

Developer

Btw this is fixed as of today.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:32 PM   #50
ZUES

I'm sorry, I meant to post this last night. But looking at the parse from yesterday it might be "a snarled gnashtooth" and "a glowing thrashclaw" from Stygian Threshold Heroic. There was a timed quest to kill those kobolds so their damage forced us to only pull 2 at a time and we failed the quest. Their slashing damage is hitting for 2.3 - 4.1 mil per hit.

Scenario - Tank pulls one mob. I get directly behind it and I'm perfectly safe. Same thing with 2 kobolds. But when pulling 3, because of how they form a semi circle around the tank, we were getting one shotted. I assumed it was a frontal cone but I guess I'm wrong. It might have just been circumstantial and sporadic damage. It could be aoe with a multiattack?

Something else of note on the parse...

1. Zaraxia is sending "Silk Needles" down range 8 times per second. Max hit was 433k.
2. Nocturna is "Zap"ing us for 7.1 mil max hit. It was the second hardest hitting spell zonewide.
3. Diurna is burning us for between 3.5 and 22.7 million.That 22.7 hit a scout shadow pet. Max on a player was almost 16 mil. By far the hardest hitting spell in the zone.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:58 PM   #51
ZUES

Another parse.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
Old 11-05-2015, 11:05 PM   #52
Chrol

Developer

Ah okay. Those kobolds had both an AE Autoattack and Multi Attack buff, but that has since been removed.

1. Should already be reduced as of today.
2 and 3 was due to their sphere buffs, which as of today should be fixed.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:10 PM   #53
ZUES

Awesome thanks Chrol.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:20 PM   #54
Tabri

Palace heroic zone

The horn(boars side) works fine on that named(Sorry forgot the name of him) to reduce the increments but on Deathmaw(wolf named) the whistle did not work nor did we see any increments come up although the whistle was in our bags it did nothing. We just basically had to rez a LOT to bring the wolf down. I am not sure we did something wrong but thought I would put this here anyway in case.
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:44 PM   #55
Chrol

Developer

The wolf whistle's use differs from that of the boar horn. I've said too much. Ignore me.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:48 PM   #56
ZUES

He changed the mechanic of the whistle (very sneaky btw!). You no longer need it/use it to drop detriments. I love the change, fun mechanic. The fun factor comes from figuring it out. No spoilers here. BigGrin
Old 11-06-2015, 05:34 AM   #57
Arieva

Tried to zonein to Stygian Threshold: Heroic with 5 ppl in group. All group members ended up in an instance alone. Zoned out and used reset tool and it repeated. Short of having one person in zone and COV'ing (we didnt' have enough cov's to get us all in) to that person, seems impossible to get a group into same instance of zone here atm.
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:55 AM   #58
Xuma

Why are the DEAD mobs in this zone targetable? What a PITA. You kill the mob closest to you and then hit tab and you don't get the target you want to KILL but the target that is already dead. What is the reason for this?
Xuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 03:53 PM   #59
Chrol

Developer

I bugged the zone in, sorry about that. I just submitted the fix which will go in with the next update (maybe tomorrow).
Old 11-06-2015, 03:53 PM   #60
Chrol

Developer

Hit tab again. There is a reason for them.