EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-31-2015, 06:29 AM   #121
Elinea

Server just went down for an update a few mins ago, but when I get back, I am up to the screwdriver part. I don't have any missions and I do use a merc. I'll post back my results.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:00 AM   #122
Jrel

Thank you for this, but actually we found out the "fix" was to bring Atalya much closer to the queen, and then the "...." text from Atalya shows up.
Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:19 AM   #123
Loran

Underdepths Saga: Chaos and Malice - Xoth, the Ever Rending only seems to drop the screwdriver when you're not in a group with another player in the AS version of the zone.

**edit** Ran the zone twice with another player without a screwdriver, ran it again once with a merc on passive and got the screwdriver drop.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:27 AM   #124
Loran

Underdepths Saga: Chaos and Malice - The Unveiled Palace is a bit too hard to solo well on an assn, physical autos are doing 300-350k damage per round on me and I have 1.5mil hp.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:19 AM   #125
Elinea

Thanks for the help tonight! After you logged off, I finished the signature quest and got my nifty mount Smile
Old 10-31-2015, 12:23 PM   #126
Amaitae

In the Palace zone: Can someone confirm that after the 2 batteries are clicked in left and right room the levers in center room are not clickable ?
Old 10-31-2015, 12:25 PM   #127
Xianthia

Well, I'm feeling pretty defeated on this quest line. I am stuck on Black Bolt in the Advance Solo. First instance for sig quest line. I've tried all different things, obviously none of them the right "thing". I can't kill this mob. He ports at some point, spawns an add that i can't see because it's under the world and then I'm dead.

I've tried with a merc, with a friend helping, since I'm using an illy not like I can heal them (they are a tank), and that didn't go well.

First beta that really has "beaten" me up. Frown
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 01:23 PM   #128
Mystfit

Hey you made it past where you were yesterday.
I gotta say, if every part of the questline were like that mob/zone. I'd of been done too. Frown It was dreadful and i was exhausted when I got done. I actually knew what I had to do with that mob, but couldn't so it. The mobs that he spawns would sneak up on me.
There is some randomness to it. USUALLY, the mob is summoned just as he ports (there's text you can see in your chat box if you have narratives turned on (you should!!) in your main chat window. When he leaves, port to him as fast as you can (remember the color of the portal and use that to follow him when he ports again) as that causes the add to go away. If you're using a second person, both people need to get through it asap. It will pop up a narrative saying it's gone then.
A few times one spawned when he wasn't porting. And that was death to me. No where to run. I took the death and kept retrying until I had a clean run...meaning no insta death mobs were created when he wasn't porting and I had an escape route...does that make sense?
Old 10-31-2015, 01:54 PM   #129
Foretold

Screwdriver. First time through WITH merc WITHOUT daily quest. No screwdriver.
Second time through I used the merc up to the last mob, had no quest. Drop merc, kill bug, got screwdriver. By then I was so angry I didn't care Wink
Foretold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 02:00 PM   #130
Mystfit

I did it it this am. No merc no.daily no screwdriver. Will retry tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2015, 02:25 PM   #131
Elowith

Doing quest on a healer with little dps - the x-o guy becomes unkillable very quickly - and hints on how to damage him again? Can barely keep up with adds.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 02:46 PM   #132
Sintropy

"Underdepths Saga: Chaos and Malice - Grand Artificer's Exceptional Screwdriver now drops within the solo version of Kralet Penumbra: Temple of the Ill-Seen." - Still No Screwdriver update....Should I delete the signature quest and try again?
Old 10-31-2015, 04:26 PM   #133
Alienor

Underdepths Saga: Luminous Quest: The rancid poxfiends could update the quest more than with 25% chance.
Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 05:00 PM   #134
Leyden

Salutations all. am in District of Aah.
Found all maps there.
Can see a " ! " on track, but nothing there when I get to spot.
How would one kill Gavitzle, dose one need the " ! " from above.
There also be a Shuck there, but cannot do any thang with hem let.
Thanks for any help / info ye can give.
Leyden
Old 10-31-2015, 05:04 PM   #135
Sintropy

After several runs, it finally dropped Smile...
Old 10-31-2015, 08:55 PM   #136
Elinea

Entered Kalet Penumbra: Temple of the Ill-Seen AS zone, no mission, with tank merc up. Failed the brazier timer thing, took a while but killed all the names, and no screwdriver update. I made sure I got the kill on the last name (assuming that's where the screwdriver comes from) and still no update.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:58 PM   #137
Tipperton

Keep in mind, it is Random. Does not always drop. Some luck out & get it first crack, others run it a few times before it drops. Zone resets fairly quickly, which makes it nice.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:55 PM   #138
ZUES

Quest reward mount... it's pretty obvious Ttobey has his hands all over that. It's a flying lizard that quacks like a duck. Funny guy. BigGrin
Old 10-31-2015, 09:58 PM   #139
Tabri

I bet she is referring to the add(s) that spawns under the second platform he ports to. We killed Black Bolt in the heroic version but on that particular platform if you get an add they spawn under it and are un-targetable for a while before they show up top, if they even show up top, think it might depend who the add(s) want to hit and the placement of that particular person at the time.
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:30 PM   #140
Xianthia

Thank you, I will give it a try again. Smile

He ported from the first platform directly to the farthest spot where I can't get to him. I've read others mention a portal that spawns, I've yet to see that portal. I watched the video which was kindly posted, so I even have that go by by.

Thank you for your encouragement and hopefully I will have a better/lucky run.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:24 AM   #141
Chrol

Developer

It's possible the immolated add spawned near the zone entrance and you were above it on the platform where you first fight Black Bolt, which can cause you to get hit by the immolated. I'll move the spawn point.
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:35 AM   #142
Kaladz

Ran the zone 3 times, with and without merc on last name and it still hasn't dropped.
Kaladz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:10 AM   #143
Katzandra

Unveiled Palace is proving quite -- lets say -- challenging for my conjuror. Of course skillful movement isn't my forte. Not only is the potion buggy, the auto repair function seems busted.
Katzandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:41 AM   #144
Tabri

I did this on my conjurer first try. All I did was stay way away from him at ALL times(this is a kiting fight pretty much) run up to the Queens platform if you have to, to stay away from him to one side then the other. Keep the pet on passive you shouldnt be attacking the Butcher at all until he is in the circle. When he is in the circle then send the pet and just range him with your big stuff like EB ET etc, when the circle disappears run again and pull pet back and passive again, rinse and repeat.
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:46 AM   #145
Katzandra

I had the same problem. Then I checked on Wiki and re read the quest.
From the nice person that did the Wiki article:
Approach Queen Alwenielle within the Maldura: Unveiled Palace in Maldura (Zone-In at 202.41 65.96 -0.48)
Old 11-01-2015, 09:58 AM   #146
Katzandra

The Butcher of Hate is living up to his name. I hate him and he butchers me. I am running the signature with my conjuror. Even though I have noted that something is healing me from time to time as I am frantically dodging certain death from swipes from this monster while both avoiding the black circles and trying to lure The Butcher into them, by the time he can take damage my pet is dead and I am reaching for healing potions. Admittedly I am not very good at this type of fight, but trying to find the randomly generated circles while running for dear life is tough. Sometimes I see the circle and I get to the other side of it and he lumbers so slowly that the circle is gone before he gets there. Of course if I don't want him to catch me when I pause to try and heal myself or my pet, he rushes over and butchers me...........ugh. I gave up after about 20 tries tonight. I hope I still have the potion to get to the queen. Of course the early part of the instance wasn't that bad.......... but time is --- well time! If anyone has helpful hints, please pass them on!
Old 11-01-2015, 02:37 PM   #147
Katzandra

Smarty pants. Wink Thanks for the tips! I think I was using too much of the room for "kiting". As I said, this kind of fight isn't my forte. We will find out if I can get past apprentice in movement!
Old 11-01-2015, 03:09 PM   #148
Katzandra

I think I need camera angle 101 lessons to get this Butcher dude down. I can't seem to find a way to be able to keep moving and know where the circles are being dropped.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:24 PM   #149
Taiyla

Yeah I'm having the same problem. Going to wait for the reset timer and try again.
Taiyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:46 PM   #150
Mystfit

So, is that the idea..to run him into the circle to make him attackable? I'm not that organized. I just ran around like a chicken and i guess every once in awhile he randomly ran over one Wink Took awhile but he died Wink