EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
Keilana55

The Quiet Type

VG has been removed ...

TASC has really been working up members from both guild & alliances to go to the 2010 Fan Faire.  Sadly, I have discovered that Vanguard - the best MMO (potential?) around has been removed from the list of featured games.

What does this mean?  Please - no angry, knee jerk replies from understandably unhappy player.  I would like a genuine answer from those in the know.

Will there be Vanguard specific seminars, lectures, etc as there had been in the past?

Will there be server specific, or at least a game specific "get together" as there had been before?

I know the attendees gifts are still to be determined but can you tell us will they at least be unique to the game (like the gnomish music crystal of 2007) or will they be items that can be found in other forms to perform the same function that players can get through normal play (such as mounts & shape changers like 2008 & 2009)?

I am not intending disrespect, but out of consideration, please can we have some legitmate answers.  We don't want to be placated, just want some honest information.  I am not accusing anyone of lying, but I do wonder if there is a lot of information being held back that could and should be shared with us.

For those of us going it is a costly and resource heavy endeavor and that should be respected.  We are not being sent by our company, we are forgoing vacation time and or wages, ect.  Please give us some real information.

Keilana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
Durnic

The Quiet Type

I agree with Keilana...we need information badly...and we need to know the honest answers.  When Keilana told me that Vanguard had been dropped, well, it shocked me.  I have constantly heard that Vanguard is doing just fine and all is well.  Dropping Vanguard from the rolls is telling me something quite different. 

I was so looking forward to attending this year's event.  No, it wasn't for the ingame item.  I was looking forward to doing a meet and greet with all the players that I have been adventuring with over the years.  However, if Vanguard was dropped for lack of attendance, you have nobody to blame but yourselves.  It is expensive for players to attend, and the developers provided hardly nothing to entice more players to come.  Yes, now I am talking about the ingame item...last year, we got a wyrmm flying mount that flew no faster than Randolph, and couldn't be upgraded to be even with the current flying mounts ingame.  So, wyrmie was only good until you got your "normal" flying mount.  Then, you made Randolph able to fly year round...making wyrmie an expensive Randolph.  Why??  In order to get more people to attend fan faire, you need to reward them with endgame gear, flying mounts, weapons... In short, the item has to be good enough to entice folks to pay the price of attendance. 

I have just one question...are you trying to close Vanguard?

Durnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
Durnic

The Quiet Type

I needed to add something else... I am not an unhappy disgruntled player.  I am a member of Tasc, and I really do enjoy being online with my friends playing Vanguard.  It just feels like we are being kept in the dark here.  There should have been some sort of explanation posted prior to us finding out that Vanguard was dropped from fan faire (If that is the actual case).  Rumors will run amok without it.  Please tell us what the deal is, and what the actual future is for the game I love playing.  Thanks

Durnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #4
robinso

I just hope I haven't wasted saved vacation time and money to find out that VG will not even be part of the Fan Faire.  I agree with what is said so far here... SoE will you please stop ignoring the VG players and give us some insight. 

robinso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:11 PM   #5
robinso

I was just thinking... since some of us have more than one SoE game they play/played, why not reward let the VG players who have invested time and money in Fan Faire 2010 with in game items of any game they play/played.  For example I have played both EQ and SWG, if i am not going to have any VG item and no refund, why not let us have at least something for attending?

robinso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
Dosi

The Quiet Type

Planetside currently has Zero ppl coming. This answers your question about what Soe thinks about Vanguard. 

Dosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:33 PM   #7
Rouge

shand94 wrote:

Planetside currently has Zero ppl coming. This answers your question about what Soe thinks about Vanguard.

This, VG has a larger population that planetside currently, but they are still there. Hell, chances are VG has a bigger pop than SWG. There has to be something to the vanguard hate from Sony, it's still a profitable title, it's still one players support. Hell, if they opened it up as f2p it would most likely get the player boost it needs.

What, does it need a damned card game to be seen as viable?

Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #8
Rouge

(no edit button, wow) Vanguard guy is in the banner, that is what confuses me the most. They have. The flippin' vanguard guy. In the fanfaire banner.
Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:14 PM   #9
Gil

Here is the attendance list as it stands with less than a week til Fan Faire. EQ1 & 2 and SWG were omitted here since they have the highest attendance and warrant the support the most:

DC Universe™ Online = 0 AttendeesEverQuest Online Adventures = 1 Attendee? (Dubious name imo)PlanetSide = 1 AttendeeThe Agency = 0 AttendeesTrading Card Games = 0 AttendeesVanguard: Saga of Heroes = 15 Attendees

Now out of these, the only game not listed as a Featured Game is Vanguard. So these other games are still featured even though NO ONE is attending Fan Faire in support of them? Seriously? Is the next thing you ask going to be "Head or gut?". I've already cancelled my son's account and I'm dropping my subscription back (from All Access) to Vanguard only since it's the only game I've played in over a year. The writing is on the wall it seems...

Gil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #10
Gil

Oh and I forgot to mention two things in my post:

1) Yes, the Vanguard guy (Jeric Targonor ) IS in the banner for Fan Faire. Maybe they are hoping we'll assume it's someone else...

2) I know of at least two people that will be attending Fan Faire (unless the lack of support changes their mind) as walk-ins as well, so who is to say a few more won't show.

Gil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:08 AM   #11
JackPipsam

Happy Camper

SOE seems to hate anything which isn't EverQuest... the past has shown us that.

JackPipsam is offline   Reply With Quote