EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-31-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
Koufax-Drysdale

Loremaster

What's the best poison for a Ranger? I can't find anything up to date on it.

Koufax-Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:35 AM   #2
Neiloch

Loremaster

caustic poison for damage. It parses better than all the others, small as it is.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #3
Adegx
Server: Permafrost
Guild: League of the Extraordinary

Loremaster

poisons are so broke atm that its honestly not even worth using them. The only reason anyone does is because we like to min/max everything. But overall no matter what poison you use, you wont see more than 2% dps out of them.

Adegx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
Xaiveir

Loremaster

Raz_wolf wrote:

poisons are so broke atm that its honestly not even worth using them. The only reason anyone does is because we like to min/max everything. But overall no matter what poison you use, you wont see more than 2% dps out of them.

Yep, pretty much.  They really do need to address poisons. 

To the OP, Caustic is by far the best choice.

Xaiveir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
Striikor
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Purgatory

Loremaster

I have found the best DPS to be caustic for my Ranger and Hemotoxin for my Assassin. The AA's do make a difference. But as stated it is simply for min/max, using poisons make more than a 2% difference for me but not by much.

“The thirst for equality can express itself either as a desire to draw everyone down to one's level, or to raise oneself and everyone else up.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

“There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.”

George Bernard Shaw
Striikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
erinn

Loremaster

Leveling Ranger here, level 78 currently.  Mostly solo, sometimes (rarely) group.  With all this talk about how broke poisons are, is it even worth spending AA's to enhance them?  There's a lot of points spent to get to Conservation in the Ranger tree, and the stuff in the Predator INT tree.  I'm wondering if the points would be spend better elsewhere...

FYI, I currently have around 137 AA points.

erinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #7
EQ2Magroo

Loremaster

I've respecced out of the poison line as much as I can (still put some points in there as I had to spend them somewhere)

Not noticed any difference in DPS, although I do get through the poison much quicker.

I have just over 1,000 vials of the caustic left so I'll just burn through them and think about if I bother making any more once I get there.

The only still useful poison really is the fettering ones used when soloing.

EQ2Magroo is offline   Reply With Quote