EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-01-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
Ashlanne

Project Manager

There's still time to register for Fan Faire 2009!

We'll be giving folks in-game items this year, like we have in the past. What's new, though? For every game they have an active account in, attendees will get an in-game item! So now there is no need to choose between your EQ and EQII character getting the goods. Have a SWG account and a Vanguard account? They can both claim the Fan Faire item!

EQII
SWG
Vanguard
TCGs
LON – physical deck handed out in gift bag

PoxNora – exclusive Fan Faire rune

SWG - The Dianoga Dumpster (item will be given out as loot card)

Free Realms - T-shirt with Fan Faire logo (item will be given out as loot card)

MxO
Ashlanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:39 PM   #2
imrahil_donnergroll

Happy Camper

Can I still hope that the EQ item gets changed as it isn't shown in that list, Ash? SMILEY

imrahil_donnergroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
Fickey

Journeyman

Item for MxO... funny... real funny >_>

Fickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #4
Phrack

Master

Ashlanne wrote:

We'll be giving folks in-game items this year, like we have in the past.

MxO

...How are you giving out an in-game item for a game that's being shut down on July 31st, hmm?  Sounds like yet another issue of "the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing" at SOE.

Phrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
mxomod0

Phrack wrote:

Ashlanne wrote:

We'll be giving folks in-game items this year, like we have in the past.

MxO

...How are you giving out an in-game item for a game that's being shut down on July 31st, hmm?  Sounds like yet another issue of "the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing" at SOE.

And it's the same blue jeans we got last year?  lol

mxomod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #6
im

Pure idiocy in the SOE building it looks like.

im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #7
ZippyTheSquirrel

Happy Camper

My right paw always knows what my left paw is up to.

Usually because I need them both to--

Oh, wait, private information.

Say, those pants look spiffy. I'm more interested in the boobs, though. Are those free?

ZippyTheSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #8
xFenshirex

Happy Camper

Wow.  Just...  wow.

xFenshirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #9
Mave

Happy Camper

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

::deep breath::

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

Gee Gee SOE.

That stings.

Mave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #10
im

somtimes I get the feeling that MxO players are the only ones that even look at these boards... which begs the question.

Excuse me but, [Removed for Content] are you doin?

im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:34 PM   #11
Fickey

Journeyman

It's a down right slap in the face! Way to continue to show how much you care about your players even after you have announced the beheading at the end of next month.

Fickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:23 AM   #12
NightTrace

The Quiet Type

Hell even I can post there....and that is just a huge blow to what is left of the MxO community. You know, the people who have been paying 15/month to play a game that you basically threw away a year or so ago?

NightTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:51 AM   #13
ConfederateXP

The Quiet Type

You know, in First Person Shooter games, jerks like to "teabag" their kills.  They basically stand on top of their kills, and then they squat, putting their unmentionables on the person's mouth. 

The fact that MxO is getting Jeans a month before it shuts down, and I think the jeans are recycled, SOE is basically teabagging the MxO community. 

What a way to kick us over and over while we're down SOE.

/gf.

ConfederateXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:41 AM   #14
Croesus

Journeyman

Sod that. Deep Blues for this year as well?! I know that MxO is shutting down soon and there was no developer to design a new item but giving away the exact same item given to those who registered for 2008's FF is BS.

What's the bets that the description still says 2008 on it.

Croesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:53 PM   #15
Matt_NZ

Board Veteran

Moving on from the MxO stuff...the SWG reward description should be changed.  The Deluxe Sarlaac Trashcan does have the same function as the dumpster SMILEY

Matt_NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:02 AM   #16
Meric

Journeyman

Where is this that MxO is shutting down?

Meric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:58 AM   #17
Croesus

Journeyman

A little searching goes a long way 

MxO item shouldn't be in-game, it should be a refund for the FanFaire booking imo.

Croesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:56 PM   #18
imrahil_donnergroll

Happy Camper

Croesus wrote:

A little searching goes a long way 

MxO item shouldn't be in-game, it should be a refund for the FanFaire booking imo.

Actually I think they should offer the MxO players the chance to cancel their registration, would be the least.

BTW still not showing the EQ item in Ashlanne's list, you and the new producer discussing the replacement of the "shield ornamentation of Suckiness" with something actually nice for our 10th anniersary? SMILEY

imrahil_donnergroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:05 AM   #19

's Avatar

Why did it take so long to announce the in game items? The sooner the announcement the sooner I would have pre-registered. Is there no in game item for EQOA this year? I was planning on attending for my 3rd year in a row but it is much too late now. At least give me some hope/inspiration to pre-register for an in game item. If there is an EQOA in game item, please post here or on the EQOA forums before registration is over on Tuesday.
 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:42 AM   #20
fireang

shild foe EQ is awful

fireang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:08 PM   #21
Mekii

Happy Camper

Can all classes even equip shields? I don't think beserkers can, not sure about monks, any others?

Mekii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:46 AM   #22
audior

The EQ shield ornamnent is butt ugly and a few classes wouldn't have a shield to put it on. Terrible gift.

audior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:39 AM   #23
Turlach

Happy Camper

Where were the physical LoN cards? If they were in the swag bag, I surely didn't get one and neither did my alt. I went to the LoN panel though and I guess we will be credited a few virtual packs but is there a way to still order or have a pack shipped to us? I was really really looking forward to that this year.

Turlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:32 AM   #24
CTBST

Happy Camper

Not all swag bags had all of the things we were suppose to receive. My girlfriend's bag did not have the LoN card pack or the knife. They told her that there was not enough for everyone so they randomly put the cards in the swag bags. The lady even went through most of the bags and she could not find any cards. We checked in about 7pm on Thursday too.

CTBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:18 PM   #25
Turlach

Happy Camper

CTBST wrote:

Not all swag bags had all of the things we were suppose to receive. My girlfriend's bag did not have the LoN card pack or the knife. They told her that there was not enough for everyone so they randomly put the cards in the swag bags. The lady even went through most of the bags and she could not find any cards. We checked in about 7pm on Thursday too.

Yeah, we checked in at about 5:30pm and neither one of our bags had the cards or the knives. I was hoping we'd have at least one.

Turlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:14 PM   #26
Kela

Master

Turlach wrote:

CTBST wrote:

Yeah, we checked in at about 5:30pm and neither one of our bags had the cards or the knives. I was hoping we'd have at least one.

They ran out of some of the stuff last year too, though instead of it being put randomly in bags, the later arrivals just didn't get those items. I do think they should atleast have made enough to cover all the Pre-Registers, with a large number of addtionals for the Walk-ins

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:16 AM   #27
1badbear

The Quiet Type

I look forward to my SWG goodiee twice the chance of getting some good stuff, trash can has helped me complete 3 collections so far WOOT

1badbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:09 AM   #28
Taeyl

The firiona vie statue for EQ2 states that it is one per char, but this is false. it is not claimable on another character. i am not sure if this is a bug or intended to be that way but it is very misleading.

also, will there be LoN rewards for people? or was that just a physical deck? I didn't receive a physical deck at all.

Taeyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:08 AM   #29
Irish

Journeyman

Its a bug , hopefully this  is fixed soon. Its the same mistake last year that when fixed, ended up giving everyone in game one.

Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:47 AM   #30
Kela

Master

Irish wrote:

Its a bug , hopefully this  is fixed soon. Its the same mistake last year that when fixed, ended up giving everyone in game one.

I just hope the second mistake...giving it to everyone on server, also doesn't happen again.

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote