EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-03-2015, 01:02 PM   #91
Jsnappy

I think you're right here this is a BUG, I also noticed my power taps being overwritten in raids by Manatap. Power Replenishment seems to be working OK though for this spell.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:59 PM   #92
Veta

Things I have noticed and things other conjs asked me to comment on:

1. Power drains - This seems to be a mechanic again. Sacrifice, conj group health and power replenishing ability, needs to be fixed to crit. Its flat values are miniscule. I believe duing Beta it was only recovering 40k hp and 10k power. This is really low considering power is around 120k and health was over 2m.
-Hearts/shards should be made to replenish % power values instead of flat power values, maybe 5% instantly for shards and 3% initially and 2% per tick for hearts.

2. Pet stances:
Defensive: Change the ward to a small DR of like 5%. Change the encounter threat trigger to be - If using Earthen Avatar, chance to trigger primary threat component, like the plane shift trigger. Maybe increase the mitigation values slightly?

Offensive: This one is a tough one. This is all dependent on if the pet hp on beta is registering properly or not, and I think it is receiving beta buffer as it has a lot more hp than usual. I would suggest either changing the potency gain to a base % potency increase OR do like the fighter stance and let the pet received increased potency by a %. Along with that you could apply - If Aery Hunter/Fiery Magician chance to trigger pet ability. If you want it to be like a true offensive stance, like tanks, you could decrease mitigation values. I suppose that does not really matter as much considering pets are squishy in most situations.

The issue with offensive stance is that it needs to have dps gains greater than the max hp Soulburn gains from the defensive stance, otherwise we are stuck in the same situation.
Veta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 04:58 PM   #93
Olli

any changes to coercer at all??
Old 11-04-2015, 12:28 AM   #94
Anunnaki

I agree that pet stance need some serious work. In the AoM beta forums, I suggested that offensive stance should increase base potency, and I still think it should, the values currently on the stances are in the ballpark, just change it to base (then again, I said the same for Plane Shift, and that was changed to a damage proc, even though base potency should have still been added to that considering the ridiculous recast on it.)

The stances and some AA's still give auto attack stats for pets, even though it was stated that auto attack is a designed non-factor for pets. There are also AA's that still deal with resistability reduction for the pet, even though it was explicitly stated that pets shouldn't (and don't) get resisted.

Also, my obligatory cry to get full (ok, fine, just more) stat sharing between pet and summoner. At least max health % increases and casting skill. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Anunnaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:46 AM   #95
Yards

Veta lets not lie, I was not wearing vul ear and you have not ever lost to any mage on brell parse. Maybe my highest parse ever may have beat one of your lower parses but that doesn't mean much.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:07 AM   #96
Jokirr

Ok so the Wizard cloak dropped just minutes ago, and I was able to test it.
It says Greatly Increases the Damage of Fusion, and while yes a ~40-45% increase to Fusion is great, it feels super weak when you stack it up against the other cloaks that have currently dropped, like the warlocks, raid wide Curse of Darkness + damage increase to it.

Honestly wizards got the short end of the stick with this cloak here, as much as I'm not a real big fan of just cloning whatever the other side has, raid wide Frigid Gift would be a much nicer effect.
Jokirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:37 PM   #97
Veta

You have a 36.6 my highest ever was 35.9, when I was not providing utility? No lies here =D. My lowest was like... 28? I would have lost to you on that if I was not playing my tank. At least I do not feel bad now about not wearing a vuln ear. Also, I should not be beating other mages in bubble spec as I lost a decent chunk of dps (approx 4m on Brell) and my QoL goes down when I have to spend more time to kill pillars. Then again I also had 2 ro pets in 1 pull versus your probably 1 searing passion and maybe 250-350 of primary stat. The ro pets themselves over the duration are about 2-3m sustained. Which means without deity you would have won. Free sustained/passive dps is op, I suggest trying it as we have seen future fights are gonna be 10m+ long.

Lets not? These raidwide effects are terrible as they will generate so much lag and probably few will wear them because of that.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:52 PM   #98
Sigrdrifa

Could you people possibly take your personal wrangles and pas ACT results to a private venue? We need short, clear, concise testing feedback for the devs here.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:25 PM   #99
Mogrim

QFE.

Please please please do not release the Warlock cloak as is. If you do, I simply won't be able to cast Curse of Darkness during raids because the lag it will cause will be a net loss of RW dps.

I think the Warlock Cloak should be this: Distortion is now a Blue AOE with a maximum of 8 targets
Mogrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:32 PM   #100
Veta

That is only the advanced solo one right? There is supposedly a raid class relic cloak too? Hopefully with a different setup of course. Unless those are just the raid cloaks dropping in easy zones for beta purposes.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:56 PM   #101
Mogrim

Odds the Raid Class Relic Cloak is identical to the Solo Zone Cloak with just 10% better blue stats?
Old 11-04-2015, 03:56 PM   #102
Jokirr

No idea, could be but one would assume that they are the solo cloaks, and I wasn't to serious about rw frigid gift, but really just a damage amp? heck the swash and bruiser one adds additional hits to their skills. If Fusion is what its going to stay as the effect can we at least get it to hit up to 8 targets as well?
The cloak is called Cloak of the High Magus, why can't a High Magus not have Fusion hit 8 targets Tongue
Jokirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 04:03 PM   #103
Mogrim

My hunch is, they gave Wizards an effect to boost their power and Warlocks an effect to boost the raid's power so that the Wizard effect would "balance" Wizards against Warlocks.

That would be cool if they didn't absolutely destroy Warlocks with the new CB cap.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:08 PM   #104
Veta

I am still bothered by the possibilities for the summoner cloaks. I think I can make an accurate guess for conjs but not necromancers. NB4 Self-stoneskin applies to group/raid.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:59 PM   #105
Vizzio

Hey Devs...

I was curious if any Wizard class changes are planned as a result of the mage focus feedback thread that was completed in Jan/Feb of 2015. Pages of suggestions were made but no responses from Devs for the most part. I see that you made a pass at scouts/tanks/locks, etc. Any plans for wizards?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/focused-feedback-mages.553721/
Old 11-05-2015, 02:51 AM   #106
Gnomad_Madgon

Correct it is only the power tap portion of this spell that gets overwriten.
Gnomad_Madgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:22 AM   #107
Anunnaki

I've been trying to gauge what it is going to be based on what I've seen and I'm bracing for something as terrible as that. I really hope we didn't get screwed for once.
Anunnaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:34 AM   #108
Celrath

Not sure if this should go here or not, but I am looking at the new adorns with doublecast and they seem to be on a much tankier set than one would expect. The Heart of Penumbra Spirit Stone has mitigation, potency, crit bonus, max hp, strikekthrough, double cast and ability modifier. While I assume this is intentional, are there plans to put doublecast on another set of adorns?
Celrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:28 AM   #109
UBiLL

It's not hard to understand why the whole fc nerf and cb hard cap is bad. The only reason why warlock damage got so high is because all the dps increased with the fabled eof stuff and the ethereal weapons making most fight a minute or two. So the way i see it, devs introduced powerfull items in the game, thus increasing group and raid dps ans then punish the big burst damage class for shining in 60 seconds fight.

Enough with the half-*** nerf and fix. Do thing the right way. Read the mage focus feedback, there is some wonderfull idea to fix all class there. You should use those instead of going the lazy nerf way.

Racing to the botton is the wrong way to do things. It just show how you guys are getting disconected with your player base. Again, fix the broken class , fix those poor necros and beastlords.

You don't have the necessary people to do it : boo hoo hoo!! Hire some we all pay for this game.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:34 PM   #110
Laiina

What am I missing that my Conjurer has somehow ended up with 600+ Attack Speed in beta even after reforging as much as possible?
Old 11-06-2015, 08:02 AM   #111
Veta

I doubt so. I think the purpose of the double cast on those items are for crusaders. I am not saying other tanks do not have spells, because they do. Primarily, I believe it is intended for crusaders. I doubt they will put double cast on any of the offensive type green adorns as there are already other items that give large chunks of double cast. You should almost able to hit cap in beta with just the neck and/or ear.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:31 PM   #112
Laiina

Aside from trying to figure out why I have any use for 600+ haste you mean?
Old 11-06-2015, 07:57 PM   #113
Sigrdrifa

I can't even reforge enough haste to get it down to 100%. Maybe they mean for us to stand WAY up close using all that cloth armor with tank stats and whack away with our silly sticks?
Old 11-06-2015, 10:00 PM   #114
Laiina

That 600+ haste I quoted was AFTER reforging. Had some gear changes since, but is still well over 500.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:06 PM   #115
Beee

On Beta we still have the anoying Conjurer Communion bug https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/communion-bug.563314/

In the fight Skottun & Dhael (X4 Raid Stygian Threshold: Edge of the Underfoot) the pets of Communion start on the named which is NOT the target and are running to the correct named. Spell ends before the pets reach the correct target.

Spell is wasted and does almost no dmg
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:09 AM   #116
Gnomad_Madgon

Focused Feedback ~ Illusionist

1) Power Management

Manatap = The power drain portion of this spell is very low. {Bug} the power tap portion of this spellis overwritten if multiple casters apply it to the same target.

2) Temporary Group Buffs

Time Warp = Mages and scouts seem to be sitting easy at 75%-80% DC and Flurry in quested gear. Time warp will only benefit Unda, and Trigger based spells and combat arts reliably. Not sure how to improve this spell without overpowering it but it could use some love.

Channeled Focus = At the second rank this spell increases trigger chance, attack speed, and casting speed. Many of the most desirable trigger effects are now static effects. The increased attack speed and casting speed is minor. Long recast even with the reuse reduction AA.

Mimicry = Bug? There are still a number of spells not recognized by Mimicry. This includes some spells gained from AA points and I think all trigger based spells.

3) Debuffs

Dismay = Decreases weapon skill by X. I am not sure if this has any impact on the mob whatsoever. Replacing weapon skill with either accuracy, or strike through may make the spell relevant again. This is the only offensive debuff available to Illusionists.

4) Auto Attack Base Damage

Currently enchanters have approximately half of the base auto attack damage of all other mages, scouts, and fighters . As a result stats like Flurry, and WDB/SWDB are half as valuable for enchanters. (If your a team player on a raid force the best thing you could do is pass on items with these stats until ALL other DPS classes are geared out.... that kind of sucks for you if you play an enchanter, its enjoyable to get new gear.)

I am optimistic that some QoL changes will eventually be made based off the Focused Feedback threads from last year, and other discussions from the mage forums over the past year.

Thanks,
Gnomad ~ Maj'dul
Old 11-09-2015, 04:19 AM   #117
Mogrim

The best way to fix Time Warp is to reduce the "gain" to 33% SDA and simultaneously triple the duration.

Otherwise, it could be changed to do something like 10 seconds of 50% increased final damage.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:34 AM   #118
sycla

What was the need to change Etox when you add cloaks which will add more lag than Etox ever did?
At least bump the damage of Etox to the original values it came out with. You will be hard pressed to find a more useless end line spell than Plane shift.. i mean it takes 2 pages to list what the spell does ...which is nothing
sycla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:54 PM   #119
Gnomad_Madgon

Increased duration would not work well if the illusionist wanted to capitalize on the reset of time warp. Casting time warp again would cripple casting order when peace of mind and destructive rampage refreshed.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:56 PM   #120
Mogrim

Fair enough. Another possibility would be to simply add +25% Final Ability Damage to the current effect.