EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-21-2015, 02:28 PM   #31
Lare

Actually you are making as much assumptions about me as I guess I am you. Ive been raiding on a lock for 7 or 8 years. Give or take the time I swapped to a conjy during PoW when I got faceroller to move from unrest to Oasis. So yeah I know the class. I also know what its like to be nerfed around the same time they stopped conjies pets from procing gear.

I guess I have as many mage alts as you do and have raided on most! However raiding and playing in heroic content is not the same.

You also know that sometimes when they nerf abilities they get it wrong, go to far! that's why we have beta in the first place. So you can argue all you want about what people said in the past when its what they are doing now that matters!
Lare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 02:43 PM   #32
Veta

Umm. I never made any assumptions? I never doubted or stated your ability to play a conj, warlock or any class or if you have played one or not.

Considering the pet nerfs patch was also the same patch that fixed swarm pets, there was trade-off. It was also made to greatly reduce lag just like the ET change.
Veta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 02:56 PM   #33
Jsnappy

There is already questline gear that would be close to end game gear today. The Verdant Umbrite Post Earring from early beta questline has the same exact effects for POT/CB/Heal/HP as the Wrist of Grand Auras but with 28,612 resists and better overall stats.

Assuming more pieces like this exist and that heroic/raid gear will be upgrades from questline it should be fairly easy to hit the 3K CB Cap to make FC's 50% CB base increase obsolete.

Now a way to improve locks could come to fixing some of the deity miracle and blessings issues that have occurred in the past. I play around with a lock casually and by no means an expert on the class but it would seem to me if the Bertoxxulous Deity Blessing Touch of Decay did in fact give a 50% base damage increase on all disease based spells that would definitely improve Lock class DPS in other ways.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:00 PM   #34
Lare

You made the assumption that I cut and pasted mogrim's post when my opinion is solely from what I think about the changes and though I might share his concerns at this stage its completely due to the changes! I have little or nothing to do with Mogrim or fatality.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:09 PM   #35
Veta

I know you have nothing to do with mogrim or fatality. The reason I said it looks like a copy/paste is because you share the almost exact same idea of what mogrim posted.
Veta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:20 PM   #36
Celrath

Gonna go ahead and post this here, since there are tweaks and changes being made to classes, can summoners PLEASE get their pet stances updated/changed during this beta and into the next expansion.

I am far less qualified to speak about Necromancers but the Conjuror stances no longer make sense, we get far more dps from our defensive stance than our offensive one.

A potential change could be as follow, change the defensive stance to become a %Damage Reduction rather than bonus health and then rework the offensive stance to be a flat bonus to offensive abilities a certain % bonus like 5% or whatever. I am not asking for an increase in dps (necessarily) but I would like more of a reason to use my offensive stance because 8.3% potency for the master version and 8.7% potency for the GM version just isn't cutting it.

The reasons for doing this would be so that the pet stances will now scale along with whatever little bonus they will do because the Defensive stance scales but the offensive one does not and has not for some time.
Celrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:37 PM   #37
Lare

Sadly it can happen. but facts of what they have done are the same so its not rocket science to end up with the same conclusion.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:15 PM   #38
Jokirr

Veta I really don't think you understand how big of a nerf this is for strongly geared warlocks. That 50% cb is fine sure makes it so I only need 2k cb to make the cap, but at the same time the potency % increase is also based off my cb, so FC is still purely limited off cb a stat they just put a pretty massive hard cap on.
And being that we can currently get well over 3k on live, this just means warlocks have a set limit to how high their burst can get, which honestly isn't fun game play. I'm all for FC getting toned down, was during the FC thread, but like Lare stated before, sometimes nerfs can be overboard.

That said, I think as beta testers we should think about what they could possibly do to keep it in a toned down state like they seem to want (which again is okay), but prevent it from being very limiting in what it can offer the class.
My first suggestion would be to change the potency part of the ability to read increases potency by 25% of base potency, and yes while I get that with spellbind makes it a 50/50 increase, remember cb is now capped, and all T1 dps classes need a way to grow in damage output or else whats the point in being a damage class?

And to finish my rant I will attempt to rally the summers! Tongue (sorry for the incoming caps)

FIX SUMMONERS 2016!!
Still see issues for the summoners, would be nice to have things ironed out for you guys.
Jokirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:25 PM   #39
Luzionist

I have a quick question for jokirr or mogrim, are you guys capped on ability mod?
Luzionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:35 PM   #40
Foretold

DBG really wants me to play my warden again, I guess :S
Foretold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:41 PM   #41
Karsa

Don't be proud of that technological terror you have built it pales in comparison to the power of your illy....Wink
Karsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:45 PM   #42
RadarX

Community Manager

Folks this seems to have run a bit off the rails and in record time. Please stay on the topic of discussion which is Mages and how they relate to the Beta not to mention refrain from poking other posters. We're going to clean this thread up a bit and if your post vanishes, please take that a reminder to stay within the forum guidelines.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:57 PM   #43
Mandoblast

My question is this: With the cap on CB at 3k, warlocks are effectively capped in AoM so how is the class supposed to grow in ToT?
Old 10-21-2015, 05:07 PM   #44
Jokirr

Well being that ability mod doesn't really have a cap, its just a matter of how big my spells are, I'm going to go with no as I still have a few that won't be capped out. But that's not really the point, cause I really doubt I'm going to get much higher mod in ToT, currently at 96k on my own, ToT gear will probably push me into the 110k self range but I would need to collect all the heroic gear etc to truly figure out how much my stats inflate.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:09 PM   #45
Luzionist

I asked that in response to the fact that they are going to cap CB and not POT then maybe make FC like the original naj ring.
Luzionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 05:13 PM   #46
Jokirr

Thats a possibility, but we would need to see how high our potency and cb sit in heroic/raid level gear first otherwise it may end up doing more harm than good.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:59 PM   #47
Lare

I know face was sitting on 99k a mod and even in my crappy gear I'm sitting on 94k and in raid its not hard to get it over 110k.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:05 AM   #48
Jokirr

well its more of you gotta figure the new gear will be better but i wouldnt say but a ton, so im roughly guessing we'll get 110k with no issues, if we were to try and get as much as possible id say 135k.

once we can copy our live toons over i'll formulate an opinion on what i see on beta, but currently its looking like horde potency friends.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:19 AM   #49
Sigrdrifa

So, aside from 'locks, has anyone noticed anything odd or new on conjies?
Old 10-22-2015, 04:01 AM   #50
Gnomad_Madgon

Will there be any Focused Feedback changes made to any of the mage classes this expansion? I am glad summoners received somewhat of a revamp from the information collected once AoM launched https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/focused-feedback-mages.553721/ . I am curious if anything else is in store for the other mage classes from that requested feedback.

Thanks,
Gnomad ~ Maj'Dul
Gnomad_Madgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:34 AM   #51
Penta

That statement is pretty garbage, with how quickly a lock can gain increments from Dark Siphoning (among others), to release their big toxic spell, and the instant niceties that come from all those fast easy increments. The notion of unsustainable dps is not a factor. Especially when you consider everyone is pretty much on the same plane as doublecasts are concerned.

FC helps to keep locks in the game, sure-but to have them so much in the game that they double all other dps with that absurd temp is not what its about. Cap it. Keep it capped. The scalability that it reached in the last expac was perhaps the most problematic aspect to players who are experts in their respective dps classes, and were outparsed by mediocre warlocks. Real fair, right?

Also, most classes are spike now (especially with charm temps), except perhaps summoners and brigs; so that statement is also pretty much garbage.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:17 AM   #52
Penta

Old 10-22-2015, 05:28 AM   #53
Lare

Panta sadly I disagree with what you are stating and can back it up with facts. next raid I will do a full TW spike rotation with FC and one without than tell me if its garbage!
Old 10-22-2015, 05:48 AM   #54
Penta

So you need an exactly perfect situation to do anything? Is that what you're saying? Because I've been in so many groups where the illy blows the time warp frame in where I can maximize my damage, yet still I manage. I'm sure you could too. Time warps, like life, are not always perfect.

Maybe you should not be so reliant on an overpower. Dark Siphoning will help you out, I'm sure.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:37 AM   #55
Penta

Also, Fiery Blast (your supposed equivalent) does not count doublecasts...nor has it ever. And Fiery Blast is supposed to be on par with the damage that can done with an active time warp, and a simultaneous focused casting? Lol, I would like two bananas please-with peanuts; because seriously-if I'm gonna get screwed, I would at least like some lube.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:11 PM   #56
Yards

It's pretty obvious Penta does not have a warlock or ever even played one yet they claim to be all knowing of the class. Hats off to you.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:31 PM   #57
emufrombeyond

I am concerned if spell resets ala the mage wand ethereal become a common proc mechanic that summoner- and in particular conjuror dps will fall off a bit unless the mechanic is changed to include a wider range of pet spells/swarms. I would also like the ability to see elemental unity's damage scale a bit better and actually show in the tool tip.
As posted in another thread conj scout pet buff is OK but not really on par with the necro's currently. The mit and parry on it is kinda nice (but most tanks are capped and usually not grouped with a tank in raid so that becomes meaningless) but the 1,100 hp or so is just horrid. Would much prefer either if the hp to percentage based or even better dehate. Combined with tox being a DoT it felt like the class fixes favored necro's a bit.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:46 PM   #58
sycla

Even with the supposed nerf locks will do more dps than summoners and scouts will do a lot more.
We do need the 15% or whatever buff been given to scouts.
sycla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:56 PM   #59
Jarek

wtf how could you say such bs .. if its stays like this with the wdb/cb cap changes no scout has a chance against caster dps
cuz the base ca dmg is still too low and if you reforge ur wdb/cb into pot ur nerfing yourselfs #1 dps source, autoattack ...
pls be careful with such statements, sry for off topic.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:15 AM   #60
Celrath

I would also like to ask you Caith, would you like non-ToT mage feedback first and if not, do you think you all would have time to address non-ToT mage feedback in the near future?
Celrath is offline   Reply With Quote