EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Class Discussion (AoM Beta) > Mages
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-29-2014, 09:51 PM   #31
arturos

I transferred my necro over after transferring my mezzer thinking hrm i wonder what goodies they will give to summoners.. needless to say i was disapointed when i saw what my necro got.. really a summoning spell? i got one of those and that aoe meh at best..
arturos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 09:34 AM   #32
sycla

Was late getting into beta
What is the point of giving a end line ability which we already have?
Maybe if someone from Dev actually plays a conj/nec they would have spotted this *******
Please change this to something usable we already have loads of AA'S which do nothing
sycla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:54 PM   #33
Beee

Please make the prestige tree usefull for conjurers

Planar Motion - useless because conjurers have to use the firepet (all others do not work)
World Ablaze: 9% basepotency - best way to use: cast it every 90 sec (= 1 min and 30 sec down)
Unda Arcanus Spiritus - around stupid 150k dps in raid

It seems that Vitaly to Strenght with it's 50 Weapon Bonus is almost the best unexpetected thing in this tree Eek
It does not work on the (scout)pet so even this is almost useless

Overall: Yes we get a lot of CB and potency, but nothing really usefull
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:38 PM   #34
arturos

i would recommend re looking that unda spell you might find that it will find its way into your rotation given its efficiency

However that first ability that summons your pet is useless... change the imune to damage time and maybe MAYBE it will be worth a darn oh and the three skulls thingy LULZ.. /cry
arturos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:11 AM   #35
Meshuggahx

World ablaze= mostly not bad ability, but wish they would state the range on the aoe from the orb and also increasing it's dmg. I was playing it abit it has alot of potential for conj to trigger other procs (not sure if it triggered planar wreck, but i think it did triggered vc). i would like to see the orb aoe increase in dmg every time you use it though.

Planar motion= only time i ever saw in use so far was when my pet stole aggro from the tank and it just gave the pet few more second to not taking it, after that the deathsave with deaggro triggered and the tank got the aggro back. Seriously if you want to make that ability useful maybe make the pet -position when it's active because as it is, conjy pet aggro is bad.
Meshuggahx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:56 PM   #36
Kalika

I do think that the pet tp may be used to make much safer soulburns.

Usually i use pet life burn, throw a spell and then use a tainted heal ... but whatever you do his hp may go to 1 for 1-2 seconds
and his death save may not be up.

If duration becomes 5-6 seconds it can be a nice spell.
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 05:51 PM   #37
Anunnaki

What content is it that you are running that causes your pet to die so much that you think it would be useful? I soulburn in raid at *every possible opportunity* and I rarely have pet survivability issues. In the cases in which I do, the two pet deathsaves are more than enough. Not to mention Dimensional Storage should neither of them be up. I cant think of a single situation where my pet would die 4 times (maybe Ragefire, but I'm on the school of thought that the mob is broken and is hitting the pet when it shouldn't) before my timers on any of the above has reset. And that's without me using my pet heal, I almost never touch that in a group/raid setting.
Anunnaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:42 PM   #38
Veta

Update:
Planar Motion: still bad/useless
World Ablaze 9% base pot losing 3% per increment lasting 1min/increment and 30second overall downtime. Insta-cast, now procs things, and scales somewhat better.
Unda Arcanus Spiritus: Insta-cast/recovery 15second downtime. Higher base modifier and now also scales off of your doublecast.

Planar motion can still be changed to something useful. I have beta tested almost every raid and ran a few heroic zones. I have had 0 issues with pet survivability.

World Ablaze should be incremented instead of letting it dissipate.

Unda Arcanus Spiritus should be used every time it is up especially when spiking potency.
Veta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:30 PM   #39
Meshuggahx

I wouldn't mind for planar motion to be changed into something like "increase the pet hp by 10-20%% for 10 sec" that would be beneficial for both summoners instead of it's current useless state.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:19 PM   #40
Veta

Why not just a number of stats that share with the summoner and pet? Nothing too high or too low that is passive and always up.
Example: doublecast, int/sta, pot/cb fluctuate the numbers as you please.

OR

Help class defining abilities. It has already been stated that myth cloaks are ring reintroduced and noone knows what are the passives on these. For the sake of the prestige Give Necros a % increase on lifeburn and Conjurors a % increase to EB. Even an increased value possibly doubling the reset chance of said abilities will help. If you do not want to increase the damage outright.
Veta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #41
Meshuggahx

I do agree with you, but also was trying to be reasonable because soe tends to ignore requests that might sounds overpowered lol (which what you were suggesting is not overpowered at all).
Old 11-09-2014, 08:57 AM   #42
Kalika

Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote