EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Warlock
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-26-2005, 12:26 PM   #1
Ingra

Greetings fellow Warlocks!

A few days ago I saw the Stein of Lies. 
+14 int
+2 subjugation
+3 spellavoidance

secondary slot item
required: symbols (175)
mastery: symbols (200)

I have yet to figure out where this item comes from... would any of you happen to know where this Stein is found? :smileyhappy:  And if you do, would  you please share the secret with me :smileywink:

I am nerdier than 71% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!
Ingra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 03:30 PM   #2
AngelVyxen

Loremaster

Do Tarton's Wheel quest =)  Quest is easy since the loc's for all the things you have to click are posted somewhere on EQ forums.. item is nice.

Message Edited by AngelVyxen on 04-26-2005 04:30 AM

Old 04-26-2005, 06:41 PM   #3
He

I have been seeing this stein pop up a lot recently, so I finally asked a higher level friend.  "It is a chest drop from a lowbie mob."   Considering he's 50, I'm not sure what he thinks is lowbie.  Evidently, a number of people have been camping them and you can grab one fairly cheap on the broker now.

Should have asked for the name of the mob.. tsk.  Sorry :smileysad:

He is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:46 PM   #4
Tanatus

Loremaster

Common drop from Tomb of Night ... noth worth hassle imo

14int? - bleh int capped at 200 so maximum you can get at lvl 50 from this is 28power +2-3 skills ... well you wont see any notable effect from those

basically even oakwood tome better choice 6int 6wis 23 health 21 power 

Tanatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:15 PM   #5
MilkToa

General

I've been using Burnbreath's Eye which is +4 int, +4 ordination, +3 disruption. Although the other stats suck, the +3 disruption seemed to good to pass up.
MilkToa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:10 PM   #6
Tanatus

Loremaster

Do you actually seen ANY damage increase from increased disruption?

Better question is + skill do any VISIBLE changes to your casting abilities. I can tell for sure mitingation/avoidance DO help a lot and if you have gear that cons orange to you and gear that cons blue to you ..... it big difference in terms how much damage you taking. Resistance after patch also started mean something with orage gear with 1500 poison resist at lvl 36 I can litteraly ignore any warlock mob of my lvl (then I had only 1100 poison resist and been 2 lvl below warlocks were hurts badly).

Larger mana pool make you regenerate power fast (4% out of combat 1% within combat), More HP definitly extend your life.. Well can you say same about +skills things?

Old 04-26-2005, 11:56 PM   #7
Ingra

Tanatus, I very much enjoy your view point. :smileyhappy: I must say that I agree with nearly everything you've said.   Exactly what visible change is there when you add an item with +1 disruption?  Very good question... I'll have to think about all this s'more... Makes SOE seem even more silly for putting these things in the game when they seem to do, well, nothing.  :smileywink:

I am nerdier than 71% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!
Ingra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:08 AM   #8
Tanatus

Loremaster

Wait I did not said they useless on countary I want to find someone with math type of mind do this job for me (I am lazy). My main is coercer lvl 50 I have talked to my bud from other raiding guild we were comparing out various sets for prime/offhand ...  My choice is Prismatic/Stein of Moggok (effect on Tarton Weel wont save my sorry [Removed for Content] better then my stuns/mezes and + extra power not worth for me losing HP part and) friend of mine made an interesting statement that primatic+stein of lie put you subjugation (fizzle rate) +5 aka put your casting lvl efficienty at 51 (from 50) that force me tought if this play some role? Now imagine you can put disruption to +5 total will this bring your DD/DoTs to new damage level? I dont know I simply dont have answers for that. If this is really a case then yes I'd say we go for it. The closer to mastery the better spells pierce resistance imo
Old 04-27-2005, 12:24 AM   #9
MilkToa

General

Tanatus wrote:

Do you actually seen ANY damage increase from increased disruption?

Better question is + skill do any VISIBLE changes to your casting abilities. I can tell for sure mitingation/avoidance DO help a lot and if you have gear that cons orange to you and gear that cons blue to you ..... it big difference in terms how much damage you taking. Resistance after patch also started mean something with orage gear with 1500 poison resist at lvl 36 I can litteraly ignore any warlock mob of my lvl (then I had only 1100 poison resist and been 2 lvl below warlocks were hurts badly).

Larger mana pool make you regenerate power fast (4% out of combat 1% within combat), More HP definitly extend your life.. Well can you say same about +skills things?

This is a good question. If I examine my skills, disruption changes from 187 to 190 with the item equiped. If I examine a spell, the damage range doesn't changed when I equip the item. Any suggestions on a simple way to measure the effect? Since I haven't really had any power problems grouped or solo I assumed that a small boost in firepower was a good thing.

MilkToa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:37 AM   #10
Tanatus

Loremaster

Test is simple

Find a grey or green solo mobs and do 100 cast w/o any debuff with and without stein see median of damage for each case

Old 04-27-2005, 06:07 PM   #11
Zcenicx

Loremaster

All your nukes will get a slight increase in damage from a buff to disruption, but *only* if they aren't already capped out.

Ice Flame Ad3 at L35 and Ice Flame Ad3 at L45 have two entirely different damage numbers.

The difference? 50 points in disruption.

After L45 (or 225 disruption) it won't increase a single point though.

Zcenicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:20 PM   #12
Tanatus

Loremaster

Of course once spell mastered effect of skill increase will be zero... But at lvl 50 Nil Absolution and Dvastration still on growing curve. So to test it it be nice to use spell that cons yellow-orange...