EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-22-2012, 03:08 AM   #1
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

Currently on Test, Arena Endurance heals me for about 15 health every time I use a combat art, its one of my end line abilitys and it is not percent based like all the other abilitys, since its a healing ability I think this ability should be percent based as well.
Currently I have about 53000 Health on Live, currently this ability heals me for about 0.0003% of my Max Health, surely it could heal me for more!
((I know this ability is a joke, but the Warrior Tree has been a joke for years, and this is just an example... I'm sure this is just me whining, but it IS a healing ability since it does heal me, and they said they were looking at all healing abilitys.)) ((to be honest, it should be a passive health regeneration.))
"Lastly, we're tweaking fighter heals. All fighter heals will be percentage based and can no longer be modified by potency, except by direct means, such as an Alternate Advancements and Focus Effects"
Arena Endurance is an Alternate Advancement, I think it deserves a change since it is a healing ability, it does heal you.
Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Currently on Test, Arena Endurance heals me for about 15 health every time I use a combat art, its one of my end line abilitys and it is not percent based like all the other abilitys, since its a healing ability I think this ability should be percent based as well.
Currently I have about 53000 Health on Live, currently this ability heals me for about 0.0003% of my Max Health, surely it could heal me for more!
((I know this ability is a joke, but the Warrior Tree has been a joke for years, and this is just an example... I'm sure this is just me whining, but it IS a healing ability since it does heal me, and they said they were looking at all healing abilitys.)) ((to be honest, it should be a passive health regeneration.))
"Lastly, we're tweaking fighter heals. All fighter heals will be percentage based and can no longer be modified by potency, except by direct means, such as an Alternate Advancements and Focus Effects"
Arena Endurance is an Alternate Advancement, I think it deserves a change since it is a healing ability, it does heal you.

I will agree the aa ability is garbage and should be included in the % to fighter heals change.  That ability has been completely useless since aa's were given.

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
Talathion

Loremaster

The sad thing is, it does not even scale with levels or gear or health at all...

The Mana part of the refresh rate isn't effected by Potency or Critical Bonus or Ability Modifier, its not a proc either. (Mana heals are suppost to critical, regardless of if your a fighter or not.)

Mana Sieve (Shadowknight Ability.) Critical Heals my SK for about 2-4% Mana everytime it goes off every 2 seconds, with enough reuse I could pretty much have it up forever.

Change Arena Endurance to be some kind of percent based healing ability please, or change it to something else entirely because currently its not really worth its weight in copper.

The reason I havent posted anything about it before is I completely forgot that this was a healing ability. (LOL.)

Old 07-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
Landiin

Loremaster

Its a % of power used and works fine it. The main focus of that AA is to let you use less power, the small heal is just a bonus. Plus this is in the warrior line Guards don't QQ about self healing. Tala IDK why you don't just roll a Pally being you are so intent on being a healer fighter.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

You don't need any more self healing. Also every class has AA points people deem worthless. Tala IDK why you don't just roll a Pally being you are so intent on being a healer fighter.

I don't want heals.

I however, also do not want worthless end lines, I would LOVE it if it was changed to something compleletly different to be honest, but if its changed to another percent based heal "???" then it wouldn't be worthless would it?

As a Berserker, I want more DPS/More Max Health/More Survivability/More Threat (not by healing, but by DR.)

This is the rogue tree's stamina end line at level 0.

At level 92 they gain considerable amounts of Mitigation, a threat proc, and max health, everything a berserker is bleeding for. "Threat on hit/Survivability"

Although they are a scout this is what Warrior End Lines should look like, especially for our stamina line.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #6
Landiin

Loremaster

I revised my post, I don't want to get accused of trolling again.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #7
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I revised my post...

With Mana Drains that drain me for 6% mana every time i'm hit in PvE, and Adrenaline Draining me for 2% Mana every 2 seconds forever and a illy constantly healing my Mana for 30000, do you think a 7 point mana heal is useful?

No, its completely worthless in all scenerios, its not even useful for soloing because fights don't last that long so you would regenerate all your mana anyways.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #8
Landiin

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I revised my post...

With Mana Drains that drain me for 6% mana every time i'm hit in PvE, and Adrenaline Draining me for 4% Mana every 2 seconds forever and a illy constantly healing my Mana for 30000, do you think a 7 point mana heal is useful?

For that era when the AA was made, yes it was usefull.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I revised my post...

With Mana Drains that drain me for 6% mana every time i'm hit in PvE, and Adrenaline Draining me for 4% Mana every 2 seconds forever and a illy constantly healing my Mana for 30000, do you think a 7 point mana heal is useful?

For that era when the AA was made, yes it was usefull.

In KoS (When the AA was made.) it was still a joke.

They said they were revamping all "healing" abilitys to be max health heals, this is a healing ability, and its far overdue for a change.

I don't want another healing ability, I was survivability and threat and health, however it is what it is right now and it needs changed.

[Edited for non-constructive comment.]

Old 07-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #10
Talathion

Loremaster

Let me take you back in history, in KoS, it was the Buckler Line and added 76% Multi-Attack Chance AND 8% Uncontested Riposte Chance (Uncontested Avoidance.), when most scouts/other tanks players had 0%, Berserker/Guardian had 76% When using a buckler.

Guardians Mythical used to remove the penaltys and allow them to use it with any shield, it was changed after that, and nerfed over and over ever since.

It no longer does those things, and the end line has stayed the same all this time, it deserves a change, and it should be "Its a HEAL". The End Line was "NEVER GOOD" but at the time the entire line was based around the bucklers, not the end line.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #11
Landiin

Loremaster

Let me take you back in history, in KoS, it was the Buckler Line and added 76% Multi-Attack Chance AND 8% Uncontested Riposte Chance (Uncontested Avoidance.), when most scouts/other tanks players had 0%, Berserker/Guardian had 76% When using a buckler.

Guardians Mythical used to remove the penaltys and allow them to use it with any shield, it was changed after that, and nerfed over and over ever since.

It no longer does those things, and the end line has stayed the same all this time, it deserves a change, and it should be "Its a HEAL". The End Line was "NEVER GOOD" but at the time the entire line was based around the bucklers, not the end line.

From the description of the AA;

Arena EduranceStamina

All of the gladiator's combat art and abilities consumes less power.The power is instead added to the gladiator's health.

As you can see the primary focus is to save the gladiator power not to heal them. So it really isn't a heal and nullifies your point.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #12
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Arena EduranceStamina

All of the gladiator's combat art and abilities consumes less power.The power is instead added to the gladiator's health.

As you can see the primary focus is to save the gladiator power not to heal them. So it really isn't a heal and nullifies your point.

"Lastly, we're tweaking fighter heals. All fighter heals will be percentage based and can no longer be modified by potency, except by direct means, such as an Alternate Advancements and Focus Effects. In most situations, this results in an increase in effectiveness. This also ensures fighter heals scale properly, regardless of level, gear quality and other variables."

This heals your Mana AND Health.

The first screenshot I made prooves that it HEALS You.

This is "Mana Sieve" my undergeared level 85 Shadowknight with full AA

Notice that it criticals, is affected by potency and ability modifier, however Arena Endurance's mana heal is not, its a big heal when you only have 6000 Mana with a fast reuse, mana sieve also costs 0 Power.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #13
Landiin

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Arena EduranceStamina

"Lastly, we're tweaking fighter heals. All fighter heals will be percentage based and can no longer be modified by potency, except by direct means, such as an Alternate Advancements and Focus Effects. In most situations, this results in an increase in effectiveness. This also ensures fighter heals scale properly, regardless of level, gear quality and other variables."

First this game don't have Mana it is has Power. 

Finally I understand you; you don't know how to comprehend what you read. Let me help you out here.The AA does not heal your power, it merely conserves your power. Here let me post the entire AA and we'll go over it together.

Arena EduranceStamina

• 20% of Power consumed will be added to targets Health
  • Target will lose 10% less power when power is consumed.

Ok the 1st line; 20% of the power consumed will be added to the target's health. Note it dosn't say it will heal the target. It says that 20% will be added to the targets health. That means the MAX health of the target. It has nothing to do with healing.

Now the 2nd line; every time you use something that uses power it will cost 10% less to use it.

I hope this helps you understand the AA more. If you still need help, I'll be glad to help you out more.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #14
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Arena EduranceStamina

First this game don't have Mana it is has Power. 

Finally I understand you; you don't know how to comprehend what you read. Let me help you out here.The AA does not heal your power, it merely conserves your power. Here let me post the entire AA and we'll go over it together.

Arena EduranceStamina

• 20% of Power consumed will be added to targets Health
  • Target will lose 10% less power when power is consumed.

Ok the 1st line; 20% of the power consumed will be added to the target's health. Note it dosn't say it will heal the target. It says that 20% will be added to the targets health. That means the MAX health of the target. It has nothing to do with healing.

Now the 2nd line; every time you use something that uses power it will cost 10% less to use it.

I hope this helps you understand the AA more. If you still need help, I'll be glad to help you out more.

"Lastly, we're tweaking fighter healsAll fighter heals will be percentage based and can no longer be modified by potency, except by direct means, such as an Alternate Advancements and Focus Effects. In most situations, this results in an increase in effectiveness. This also ensures fighter heals scale properly, regardless of level, gear quality and other variables."

Why are you arguing? read whats said in green "they should be tweaking it" IE, changing it.

"Tweaking refers to fine-tuning or adjusting a complex system, usually an electronic device. Tweaks are any small modifications intended to improve a system." - description of tweaking.

To be honest, the mana healing part needs to critical, all other mana heals in the game critical, so its bugged and should also be affected by potency/ability modifier as well. Its an AA ability, and its NOT a Proc.

THE HEAL DOES NOT SCALE PROPERLY.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #15
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Really? That isn't Mana Sieve man. It is a passive ability that can't be parsed on ACT. Before you was saying this is a heal.. Now that you have been prove wrong again, you are changing to tweak? Please man just admit your are wrong, like on most of your threads and move on to something else.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #16
Landiin

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Really? That isn't Mana Sieve man. It is a passive ability that can't be parsed on ACT. Before you was saying this is a heal.. Now that you have been prove wrong again, you are changing to tweak? Please man just admit your are wrong, like on most of your threads and move on to something else.

Excuse me while I go parse it myself. 

Old 07-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #17
Landiin

Loremaster

I stand corrected, in game it does indeed heal and not add to. Healed me for ~11.20 HPS on my 90/320 guard. For 2 additional AA's that isn't all that bad. at 320 your looking for something to spend the last couple in anyways. Still the AA's main focus is to conserve power and really the small heal isn't that bad considering it is coming from power used.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #18
Talathion

Loremaster

Yes, that 11.3 HPS Heal is soooo worth 2 AA Points and an Endline!

I think thats ... worse...then our 100 in-combat health regeneration... we used to have... lol...

Might as well say "Arena Endurance" - Grants the Title "Gladiator" and thats it.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #19
Landiin

Loremaster

From the era that AA tree is for; no it isn't bad. If any thing from it is adjusted I would say adjust the power conserved from it. If I need heals I'll get a merc or someone to come heal for me.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #20
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

From the era that AA tree is for; no it isn't bad. If any thing from it is adjusted I would say adjust the power conserved from it. If I need heals I'll get a merc or someone to come heal for me.

Yes, because a 11.5 HPS / 4 MPS is the most useful ability in the entire game, nothing beats Arena Endurance... um... except the old horse mount that gives 10 In-combat Mana Regeneration and 10 In-combat Health Regeneration...

The ability needs revamped to be something else or better, sorry dude, theres "No" excuse for this ability not to be changed, and I don't care if its not a heal anymore.

Also, adjusting class balance around Mercenarys is Lulzy.

Old 07-22-2012, 11:10 PM   #21
Tekadeo

Loremaster

Anyone knows this AA has been hot garbage since its' inception and has been due for a change since it was flipping created.  I can not think of one endline AA for any class that is worse except maybe the Warrior's Strength endline.

That being said, while I agree Arena Endurance needs a revamp, I don't think it is covered by this Fighter heal overhaul.  It does exactly what it says.  Do I wish it did more?  Yeah, I think it deserves to.  I never put those two points in it, ever.

[Edited for trolling.]

Old 07-23-2012, 03:17 AM   #22
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

Lord knows I've never agreed with Tal but he is correct the aa ability is complete garbage and does deserve to be adjusted (dont think anyone is looking for a sizable heal) but 15 points at 92 at this stage of the game is truely comical.  As for making it included in the %heal change not sure if it will make it in before tuesday but it should ....he is correct on this about the need for a fix on this ability.

[Edited for trolling.]

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #23
Brutalize
Server: Guk
Guild: Ancient Legacy

Loremaster

For those who have Guardians/Zerkers (I do) and use the majority of this line, it is indeed a worthless endline.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #24
Talathion

Loremaster

Well, they did say they were revamping all fighter healing abilitys to be percent based heals (based on max health), and this is a heal that is not, and its pretty much completely worthless for an end line.

Thats why I think it deserves revamped, and its a long time fix too.

I would not care if they removed the heal/ability and changed it to something completely different, but it deserves that, just something to increase my survivability some how.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #25
Brildean

Loremaster

Could change it to 10 sta/Str everytime a ca is used with a 10 second duration.. and let it stack limitless. like the Prestige Sphere for cb..

That would be what 200sta/str increase when fighting.. gives a lil dps increase and a major health increase to the warriors.

this way it scales with more ability cast speed and reuse we get.. we get a lil more out of it for each upgrade we get.

Brildean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #26
Talathion

Loremaster

Brildean wrote:

Could change it to 10 sta/Str everytime a ca is used with a 10 second duration.. and let it stack limitless. like the Prestige Sphere for cb..

That would be what 200sta/str increase when fighting.. gives a lil dps increase and a major health increase to the warriors.

this way it scales with more ability cast speed and reuse we get.. we get a lil more out of it for each upgrade we get.

That would be cool, 10 Str/10 Sta/10% Ability Casting Speed too (I have 0% as a warrior.). (but I think its duration should be 20-30 seconds.)

Could even make it a 1% Max HP Heal as well for every combat art used, basicly the more you fight the stronger you get, ect ect.

It would benefit Zerker's a bit more because we have more CA's with faster recasts but do less damage.

When caster uses a combat art this spell will cast "Endure" on caster of combat art, lasts for 25 seconds.

- Increases Stamina of Caster by 15.

- Increases Ability Casting Speed of Caster by 5%.

(Optional.) - Caster is Healed for 1.0% Max Health.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #27
Landiin

Loremaster

Hey I never said it was a good choice to make. My main point is zerkers don't need any more self healing and this AA doesn't fall under the healing revamp.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #28
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Hey I never said it was a good choice to make. My main point is zerkers don't need any more self healing and this AA doesn't fall under the healing revamp.

Explain why an ability that heals you should not fall under the healing revamp.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #29
Talathion

Loremaster

Your feedback is appreciated, however you have said that about 7 times in this thread, almost the same thing, I would appreciate it if you didn't drown other player's feedback with the same 7 posts.

I am sure people know exactly what the ability does, we can read.

Now, many other healing abilities that don't state how they heal or have odd ways to heal like Arena Endurance, were revamped, even wards (which are not heals at all.) were revamped with this fighter change, Arena Endurance is STILL a healing ability, but it was not touched, it does not scale with levels or gear and it is a completely worthelss AA, as stated on page 2.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #30
Risca

Loremaster

i dont think your attempts to get this turned into reaver are going to work tala

Risca is offline   Reply With Quote