EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #31
Landiin

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Talathion, why don't you just group with a healer?  Your survival problem will be solved.

Thats crazy talk!

Old 07-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #32
Beko
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

What if the healer gets a 9 second stifle.

What if the the healer gets charmed?

What if the healer gets a -300% Casting Speed debuff and the group gets hit with 90% focus damage and you have 10% life left?

I play a defiler, these things happen to me all the time.

The comments above make me think you do not play a healer at all.

Beko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #33
Jeepned2

Loremaster

Kuulei wrote:

Jeepned2 wrote:

Removal of white adorns with never happen. The crafters who make a lot of money off them have too many friends in Sony. Not sure when the crafters got so powerful, (other then sometime under the careful watch of Domino, who took better care of her crafters then any other class ever got from their representative) but Sony is not going to upset them, not a chance. Personally think the crafters are more powerful then the raiders ever where.

Your a crafter (419/460 tinkering, 460/460 transmuting, 36 alchemist and even 3/460 adorning) and you're posting that? 

The pot calling the kettle black!

Ok..first of all, this is not one of my crafters. I actually have alts for that. I tinker for FD and transmute for the change at a mana, almost all of my toons tinker and transmute for those reasons.

No the point I was making is that SoE is not going to upset all the crafters who make adornments but getting rid of them. If you want to make an arguement that SoE MIGHT concider, then ask for them to be changed. Simply asking to get rid of them won't happen anytime soon. At least not until SoE figures out a way to sell something just like them on SC so they can make cash off the sale.

Jeepned2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #34
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

What if the healer gets a -300% Casting Speed debuff and the group gets hit with 90% focus damage and you have 10% life left?

Clerics can spec for stun/stifle immunity.  Druids can spec for Tortoise and/or Serenity.  Shaman (Mystics at least) can spec for Immunity and  for their dogs to proc cures and/or AE immunity.  Grandmaster's Freedom of Mind potion makes caster immune to stifle/stun.  Grandmaster's Freedom of Action potion cures and makes caster immune to root and fear.  Symbol of Clear Voice and Relic of Clear Voice makes caster immune to stifle.  Symbol of Stability and Relic of Stability makes caster immune to stun.

If the healer gets charmed, and death happens, chalk it up to bad luck and try again.  Same with your bottom scenario.  Stuff happens.  It's not the end of the world! 

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #35
Beko

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Clerics can spec for stun/stifle immunity.  Druids can spec for Tortoise and/or Serenity.  Shaman (Mystics at least) can spec for Immunity and  for their dogs to proc cures and/or AE immunity.  Grandmaster's Freedom of Mind potion makes caster immune to stifle/stun.  Grandmaster's Freedom of Action potion cures and makes caster immune to root and fear.  Symbol of Clear Voice and Relic of Clear Voice makes caster immune to stifle.  Symbol of Stability and Relic of Stability makes caster immune to stun.

If the healer gets charmed, and death happens, chalk it up to bad luck and try again.  Same with your bottom scenario.  Stuff happens.  It's not the end of the world! 

Clerics have to be standing completely still (for about 3 seconds.), in fights like dozekar where your constantly knocked back (OR even EASYMode content, almost everything knocks you back!), its very hard.

Druids can't have TS up forever, however it is really nice - but I think druids need an upgrade in healing and dps, I think druids should have the highest DPS among healers for having the weakest healing.

the dogdog's AE immunity is almost worthless atm, because dogdog dies almost every time you use it on anything, to get the AE immunity it has to melee attack the mob, which is almost impossible in most fights. (another example being, dozekar!) Infact, one of the biggest complaints is dogdog only has 10000 HP, and an AE autoattack hits for 40000, so everytime you send dogdog to attack, he dies because his script is basicly go up and attack, and the ae immunity dogdog has does not protect him from frontals/ae autoattack.

The reason rune of mending was so good, was when healers were out of commission, a tank with little to no tools to deal with spike damage (hey, like berserker!) could stay alive for the couple of spikes that the mobs did so when the healer got back he could heal. (basicly slippery's example.) this happens all the time to warriors, but moreso to berserkers.

Yes, rune of mending does allow people who could not solo content solo it, but the problem is, even without the rune of mending, I can STILL solo content that many people cannot regardless of the gear, but this change completely screws over me in heroics/raiding/grouping, because my class I play (berserker.) has little to no healing now even after the changes to test and everyone else seems to have gotten huge buffs to it, except guardian, but guardian has stoneskins.

Beko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #36
Tylia

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Clerics have to be standing completely still, in fights like dozekar where your constantly knocked back (OR even EASYMode content, almost everything knocks you back!), its very hard.

Druids can't have TS up forever.

the dogdog's AE immunity is almost worthless atm, because dogdog dies almost every time you use it on anything, to get the AE immunity it has to melee attack the mob, which is almost impossible in most fights. (another example being, dozekar!)

"Constant" knockbacks is an exaggeration.  Druids can go between TS and Serenity.  On my mystic, I have had great luck with my dog, even in raids.  What you are asking for is one big, red, EASY button you can push where you just go in, push the button, the mob falls dead, and you collect your loot.  There is some challenge (however small it may be to some.  I'm making a point raiders.. don't hate!) that has to be faced to defeat the mobs in current content.  Strategize, figure it out, change what doesn't work out, and try again.  Or, go play Hello Kitty.  SMILEY

Old 07-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #37
Talathion
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Clerics have to be standing completely still, in fights like dozekar where your constantly knocked back (OR even EASYMode content, almost everything knocks you back!), its very hard.

Druids can't have TS up forever.

the dogdog's AE immunity is almost worthless atm, because dogdog dies almost every time you use it on anything, to get the AE immunity it has to melee attack the mob, which is almost impossible in most fights. (another example being, dozekar!)

"Constant" knockbacks is an exaggeration.  Druids can go between TS and Serenity.  On my mystic, I have had great luck with my dog, even in raids.  What you are asking for is one big, red, EASY button you can push where you just go in, push the button, the mob falls dead, and you collect your loot.  There is some challenge (however small it may be to some.  I'm making a point raiders.. don't hate!) that has to be faced to defeat the mobs in current content.  Strategize, figure it out, change what doesn't work out, and try again.  Or, go play Hello Kitty. 

The big red easy button would be brawler tanks prenerf, which I find that this will be an entirely different story once they are more balanced.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #38
Tylia

Loremaster

The big red easy button would be brawler tanks prenerf, which I find that this will be an entirely different story once they are more balanced.

I have no clue about brawlers, I don't care about what is or isn't being nerfed on them because I don't play a brawler and I don't plan on playing one so the topic of brawlers does not affect me at all.  That topic also has nothing at all to do with the one being discussed in this thread.  Lets get back on track here Talathion.  SMILEY

Old 07-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #39
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I have no clue about brawlers, I don't care about what is or isn't being nerfed on them because I don't play a brawler and I don't plan on playing one so the topic of brawlers does not affect me at all.  That topic also has nothing at all to do with the one being discussed in this thread.  Lets get back on track here Talathion. 

I'm pretty sure the mystic dog is more reliable then the defiler dog.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #40
Tylia

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I have no clue about brawlers, I don't care about what is or isn't being nerfed on them because I don't play a brawler and I don't plan on playing one so the topic of brawlers does not affect me at all.  That topic also has nothing at all to do with the one being discussed in this thread.  Lets get back on track here Talathion. 

Well I will ask our two raid defilers about that in the next raid, ok?

Next excuse?

Old 07-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #41
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Next excuse?

I guess I have none?

I want to meet some of these defilers.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #42
Tylia

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Next excuse?

I guess I have none?

I want to meet some of these defilers.

Well here's one of them.  Meet Badratt.  I will definitely ask her about the reliability of her dog in raid.  SMILEY

Old 07-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #43
KNINE

Loremaster

Jeepned2 wrote:

Removal of white adorns with never happen. The crafters who make a lot of money off them have too many friends in Sony. Not sure when the crafters got so powerful, (other then sometime under the careful watch of Domino, who took better care of her crafters then any other class ever got from their representative) but Sony is not going to upset them, not a chance. Personally think the crafters are more powerful then the raiders ever where.

lol false.. because everyone who is a raider im sure has a maxxed tinkerer/adorner/muter since you can be all 3 SMILEY..those who take the time to buy them are just too lazy to put any time into them..crafters are by no way more powerful lol..that is a humerous statement..
KNINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #44
KNINE

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Clerics have to be standing completely still (for about 3 seconds.), in fights like dozekar where your constantly knocked back (OR even EASYMode content, almost everything knocks you back!), its very hard.

Druids can't have TS up forever, however it is really nice - but I think druids need an upgrade in healing and dps, I think druids should have the highest DPS among healers for having the weakest healing.

the dogdog's AE immunity is almost worthless atm, because dogdog dies almost every time you use it on anything, to get the AE immunity it has to melee attack the mob, which is almost impossible in most fights. (another example being, dozekar!) Infact, one of the biggest complaints is dogdog only has 10000 HP, and an AE autoattack hits for 40000, so everytime you send dogdog to attack, he dies because his script is basicly go up and attack, and the ae immunity dogdog has does not protect him from frontals/ae autoattack.

The reason rune of mending was so good, was when healers were out of commission, a tank with little to no tools to deal with spike damage (hey, like berserker!) could stay alive for the couple of spikes that the mobs did so when the healer got back he could heal. (basicly slippery's example.) this happens all the time to warriors, but moreso to berserkers.

Yes, rune of mending does allow people who could not solo content solo it, but the problem is, even without the rune of mending, I can STILL solo content that many people cannot regardless of the gear, but this change completely screws over me in heroics/raiding/grouping, because my class I play (berserker.) has little to no healing now even after the changes to test and everyone else seems to have gotten huge buffs to it, except guardian, but guardian has stoneskins.

your mystic dog dies because you don't know how to use it then.. my mystic never loses his pet.. nor does the 2 defilers we have with us.  aoe immunity and stoneskin proc on dog makes him way useful as long as you pay attention.. you can't just send him in and hope for the best.. you have to make sure he's placed behind the mob.. not beside the mob.. you have to make sure he jousts with you and does't keep attacking the mob.. etc.. its really not that hard lol..his script is only as bad as his owner.

KNINE is offline   Reply With Quote