EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

Can you please change blood rage to be "on successful combat hit." instead of "when damaged in melee."

The heal is so low is because it procs so much on hit, but the heal is way to low for any content above solo, the shadowknight's heals I noticed got buffed greatly while blood rage stayed the same, its probably because it triggers too much in pvp because your getting hit so much.

To be honest, its completely overpowered in soloing and makes me impossible to kill in dungeon maker and completely worthless in HM/Heroics/Raiding, a 1100 point reactive won't do anything when your getting hit for 40000-50000...

Make it where it procs off me hitting things, but raise the heal amount of the heal to 18%, this would match what shadowknights recieved a little.

OR

Change it to 3.7-5% of all damage done heals the caster.

Something needs done because currently its not very good, its actually kind of worthless in heroic content because it only heals for 1345, if its going to heal for piddly amounts make the heal 100% proc-rate, we are invincible in solo content anyways.

So a recount:

Blood Rage (Master):

On any combat or spell hit this spell has a 33% chance to cast Adrenal Flow on caster.

Heals Caster for 7.5-12% of Max Health.

Or

Blood Rage (Master):

3.7% of All damage dealt converts to life to the berserker.

I was in the mind that this spell was suppost to be improved, but atm it heals for about the same as it does on live.

Honestly, its for the better, because right now the heal is completely overpowered in solo content, I literally cannot die when im being beaten on by several mobs.  But in group/heroic and raid content, they laugh at me...

Either all this, or the heal amount needs increased dramatically to compensate.

Or

Blood Rage.

- 5% Max Health Increase.

- 2.5-3.0% Health Replenishment every second forever.

The reason the heal is so low is because it procs on hit, but in 1v1 where most heavy high end content is focused on, its completely worthless to heal when hit, because it doesn't heal enough, to be honest.

Focus: Blood Rage

- Blood Rage has a 25% Chance to Tick Twice.

Enhance: Blood Rage

- Increases the minimum and maximum Health Replenishment of Blood Rage by 0.2%. (*/5)

- Increases the Max Health Increase of Blood Rage by 0.5%. (*/5)

This is based off the old blood rage which used to give you health regeneration.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
Landiin

Loremaster

There is nothing wrong with the way it is now. It isn't supposed to keep you healed up or ever close.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

There is nothing wrong with the way it is now. It isn't supposed to keep you healed up or ever close.

Thanks for your opinion, who is your high level berserker?

Old 07-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
Landiin

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

One does not need a high level berserker to know what I said. One just needs a basic understand how things work and not want their class pushed to OP status again.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #5
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

One does not need a high level berserker to know what I said. One just needs a basic understand how things work and not want their class pushed to OP status again.

You are a great and funny man.

Thank you for your opinion and feedback.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #6
Rhymers
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Controlled Chaos

Loremaster

OMG Tala, Give it a break. Like Toran said, there isn't anything really wrong with blood rage. Every one knows zerks needs a little bit of love but not in the area of self healing.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

OMG Tala, Give it a break. Like Toran said, there isn't anything really wrong with blood rage. Every one knows zerks needs a little bit of love but not in the area of self healing.

I'd rather blood rage be an offensive ability then a worthless heal, but as fortune smiles wrongly on us all, its a heal and that is what they are working on right now.

I love my class alot, and I also play a 85 320 AA Shadowknight and I looked at what he got, then I look at blood rage and frown because it looked like it was ignored.

Sure I would love to post my 99 other problems thread, but right now they are only working on healing abilities.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #8
Elanjar
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Gaeas Vigilance

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

but they do need love in endgame survivability and threat control right? bloodrage is supposed to increase survivability yet it doesnt outside of solo/PLing. It definitely needs something. Blood rage is an insignificant amount of most zerker heal parses in heroic and raid.

Elanjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #9
Elanjar
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Gaeas Vigilance

Loremaster

IMO change it to a stoneskin proc. tweak the proc rate so it reduces equivalent damage as current solo amounts. stoneskins are the only thing that really scales well across content so it would still be effective in raids.

Elanjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #10
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

IMO change it to a stoneskin proc. tweak the proc rate so it reduces equivalent damage as current solo amounts. stoneskins are the only thing that really scales well across content so it would still be effective in raids.

Every 2 seconds the berserker loses 1% life and 0.3% Mana while in Combat, ends prematurely when the berserker is about to run out of Life or Mana.

On a successful melee hit this will cast Blood Boil on caster.

- Heals Caster for 2.5-3.7%.

- 25% Chance for Blood Boil to hit the berserker twice.

- Increases the minimum and maximum heal amount of Blood Rage by 0.2%. (*/5)

or

On a successful Melee hit this has a 33% chance to cast Blood Boil on caster.

- Heals Caster for 7.5-11.1%.

- 25% Chance for Blood Boil to hit the berserker twice.

- Increases the minimum and maximum heal amount of Blood Rage by 0.5%. (*/5)

Old 07-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #11
Landiin

Loremaster

If they just wouldn't nerf that durn mending adorn...
Old 07-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #12
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

don't worry one doesn't need to have a high level toon to know how to play it correctly!

Old 07-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #13
Landiin

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

don't worry one doesn't need to have a high level toon to know how to play it correctly!

Not my 1st rodio. 

Old 07-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #14
Landiin

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Post a link to you zerker, with all the complaining you've been doing, I am interested in how you are geared, adorned and spect. It really can't be all that bad.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:39 AM   #15
Boli32

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Post a link to you zerker, with all the complaining you've been doing, I am interested in how you are geared, adorned and spect. It really can't be all that bad.

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_...il/446679275268

I think he lacks a few pieces of gear

Zerkers should never even have approached this level of healing ability in the first place; that have at various times outhealed the pally which just makes no-sense. But at the same time they should not have a plethoria of stoneskins... there is no need for a stoneskin-based warrior... we already have one fo those.

What *is* needed for the zerker class is stances/buffs which allow them to tank more offensively (e.g. dual weild/2handers)  forgoing the shield for other benefits; yes maybe a small heal for soloing asistance but your entire premise of healing to avoid damage is a concept already used to death by crusaders (and pallys spefically).

Zerkers need a niche... and they do not have one and banging on about some useless heals you're not going to get anything fixed.

Maybe a special AA line which allows you to use alcholic drinks as "health potions" so you get your heal... but you have to deal with the blurry vision of a true berserker and lashing out randomly at anythign and everything SMILEY

Boli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #16
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_...il/446679275268

I think he lacks a few pieces of gear

Zerkers should never even have approached this level of healing ability in the first place; that have at various times outhealed the pally which just makes no-sense. But at the same time they should not have a plethoria of stoneskins... there is no need for a stoneskin-based warrior... we already have one fo those.

What *is* needed for the zerker class is stances/buffs which allow them to tank more offensively (e.g. dual weild/2handers)  forgoing the shield for other benefits; yes maybe a small heal for soloing asistance but your entire premise of healing to avoid damage is a concept already used to death by crusaders (and pallys spefically).

Zerkers need a niche... and they do not have one and banging on about some useless heals you're not going to get anything fixed.

Maybe a special AA line which allows you to use alcholic drinks as "health potions" so you get your heal... but you have to deal with the blurry vision of a true berserker and lashing out randomly at anythign and everything

Yes, Berserk is FAR too outdated to be useful, I have 180 DPS mod/Attack Speed, and the 2 berserk buffs I get do not make up for losing the max health/self healing/dps of an SK. (I play one as well, I even tested the changes, they are doing almost twice the healing they are on live, and taking even less damage because of the new damage reduction aa they recieved.)

Shadowknights may not out dps us on the parse, but they by far out DPS zerkers when a zerker is forced into sword/board, which is happening more and more lately as content gets even harder.

Also, Shadowknights do not have to worry about negatives, every berserker spell in the game has negative effects on them which make them hard or impossible to use.

Zerkers need 3 things right now: Non-Shield DPS/Non-Shield Survivability/a new Niche (A new berserk.)

But Blood Rage atm being a useless heal and what they are right now looking at, you can probably atleast understand my cause for concern, because it really does not heal for anything ...

(only procs when hit with a melee weapon, and does not heal enough to matter after solo content, and procs far too often when it doesn't need to proc, on taking damage a reactive would heal me for full anyways if im not dead.)

It would be 100 times more useful if it procced off melee attacks, that way it could help heal unpredictable spike damage instead of being a useless reactive heal.

The reason it procs such low HP is because it procs off every melee hit regardless of content, making me invincible in solo dungeons and dungeon maker!

Old 07-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #17
Talathion

Loremaster

Well, I guess we will be a powerlevel and farming class again.