EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-30-2007, 02:24 AM   #1
Gesh

Loremaster

first, please do not use acronyms I have no idea what they mean.

My questions:

1) in eq1, magic resistance was the most important for pvp (for root and snare mostly), which are most important in eq2?

2) What is your general impression of roleplay on the pvp server, For instance I found the RP on Rallos Zek and Tallon Zek (eq1) to be strong amongst the mostly evil population, but on Vallon Zek it was stronger with the good side.

3) Does the evil side have an advantage with easier access to Sarnak and Timorous Deep?  If so has this caused the goods to go to places less popular on a PvE server?

4) what is a reactive spell ? (mentioned about coercer)

5) The coercer has a charmed pet, the illusionist a copy of himself - there other spells appear to me as a newbie to be very similar in function.  What is the difference between the two?

6) I enjoy the social aspect of the game and grouping.  I enjoy playing a class that is less than common if I am able.  Please do not say "play what you want regardless of everyone else" becaue part of what makes the class I enjoy is that when grouped I can offer something players don't see every day.  So if the majority of mages or scouts are out soloing for example, then I might still choose a scout or a mage because in a group I'd offer the heroic opportunities and coin flips the group didn't have before.

7) who groups more, and at what levels - please be honest - should I probably expect just to solo.  Do you find a greater or lesser % of grouping on the pvp server?

thanks for your time.

Gesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:24 PM   #2
Leorange

Loremaster

Gesh wrote:

first, please do not use acronyms I have no idea what they mean.

My questions:

1) in eq1, magic resistance was the most important for pvp (for root and snare mostly), which are most important in eq2?

A) It really depends on who you are planning to fight, and which alignment. Seeing pvp mostly offers scouts, you could try to counter their poison effects first. Then again, I would always add some of your personal flavor, for reasons you state at 6.)

2) What is your general impression of roleplay on the pvp server, For instance I found the RP on Rallos Zek and Tallon Zek (eq1) to be strong amongst the mostly evil population, but on Vallon Zek it was stronger with the good side.

A) pvp is Venekor server. It's not strong, due to fast pvp. Go to Venekor server forum for more info.

3) Does the evil side have an advantage with easier access to Sarnak and Timorous Deep?  If so has this caused the goods to go to places less popular on a PvE server?

A) Yes, but it's more the Dark Elf race thats causing us headaches SMILEY

4) what is a reactive spell ? (mentioned about coercer)

A) (your) Action gives the reaction. A heal can be reactive, a ward is protective.

5) The coercer has a charmed pet, the illusionist a copy of himself - there other spells appear to me as a newbie to be very similar in function.  What is the difference between the two?

A) Alignment. Never played any, so I don't know many differences, other then that Qs mostly handle groups, and freeps solo targets.

6) I enjoy the social aspect of the game and grouping.  I enjoy playing a class that is less than common if I am able.  Please do not say "play what you want regardless of everyone else" becaue part of what makes the class I enjoy is that when grouped I can offer something players don't see every day.  So if the majority of mages or scouts are out soloing for example, then I might still choose a scout or a mage because in a group I'd offer the heroic opportunities and coin flips the group didn't have before.

A) First, remember HOs don't work in pvp. A Dirges power or run buff is awesome. Also, many players seek a tank. Actually all but scouts, priests and warlocks are 'uncommon' on the servers (and less uber).

7) who groups more, and at what levels - please be honest - should I probably expect just to solo.  Do you find a greater or lesser % of grouping on the pvp server?

A) Those who don't have Track seldom solo succesfully in pvp. Most being scouts, who didn't want to share fame, I think soloing was for long more common on the pvp servers. Solo pve also results in occasional solo pvp. And solo death. With the new RoK grouping is almost a 'must' to survive, also for pve. I believe grouping - even better: raiding - for pvp is more common on Nagafens server.

Best settings for pve on the pvp servers is a different story.

thanks for your time.

see? without acronyms SMILEY

Btw gg & lol imho m8

Old 11-30-2007, 01:29 PM   #3
Evenstar

Loremaster

Reactives when talkign about coercers mean the debuff that a coercer puts on you that inflicts damage on you whenever you cast a spell. You probably heard it would be painful to sprint from a coercer since it triggers the reactive damage SMILEY.

Evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote