EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Battlegrounds
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #31
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Daalilama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 437
Default

TBH the only major advantage pvp server players have had was and is skill and coordination....we've had to do more with less with regards to pvp gear/updates since soe very rarely even attempts to try serious pvp server updates (something about pve servers having a fit that test gets changed for pvp enabled...go figure).  However with that said some of the pve players are showing a growing amount of skill and coordination and it varries...I've heard a equalibrium group get dominated for most of a gear bg (cough ego...) by a group from displaced (naggy exile guild).  Did the displaced group have some amazing gear...ahh no they were clearly outgeared by equalibrium...maybe they had a higher amount of hp...no again...it was simple coordination and skill which had them winning most of the fight...in the end that pve group after they decided to work together and coordinate came back to win but it was an uphill fight....

The level of ones ability in pvp or bg's doesnt equate to their guild tag (I've seen some "lesser" pve guild groups with an amazing amount of coordination and skill..but again it varries).

As to the potential to gain more pvp tokens in open world pvp over the lesser amount in bg's tbh thats how it should be(we are the only pvp server left) however as pve players may not be aware the server lag during a warfield on naggy tend to make it almost a turn based game at that point while we have the potential to make more tokens its generally harder than you realize.  BTW warfields are not up 24/7 its usually every 2 hours compare that to bg's which can be run basicly in 5 mins with a decent group so while the pvp server has the potential for more tokens currently bg's are close to that simply because they can be run rather quickly.

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:52 PM   #32
Metal_Starz

Loremaster
Metal_Starz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 66
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Metal_Starz wrote:

I've been on pvp server since day 1 so I have seen all of the changes. I guess I am one of the very few that thinks fun pvp ended after EoF.

Then why stick around for another 4 years after EoF?

 I actually ragequit for awhile a few weeks after BGs came out. Primarily because of the PvE people crying they were getting owned and having our gear nerfed, needing to have 3 sets of gear(BG, Open World, and PvE), BGs weren't very fun for me, and the biggest reason was it killed a lot of open world pvp which I loved. I came back to the game with a different mindset because I still love this game and I love to raid. I put PvP aside and just had fun playing the game. This update got me pumped about pvp all over again but I was obviously thinking too highly of it and it let me down. There are lots of Exile and FP making grps to go open world but most of my friends choose to sit in BGs. Anyway, I stuck around because I still love the game and have/had hopes on better changes.

__________________
Metal_Starz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:47 PM   #33
Applo

Loremaster
Applo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 69
Default

[email protected] wrote:

This is what I'm talking about, get rid of those items anyways you can use them 1 time an have to restock they are not the difference between winning or losing a bg at all. Remove all the excuses. Bg's last several minute's not seconds, if you think those items are the win or lose factor and it is so unfair then why do you even do bg's at all? Not one of those items makes you a winning player. Even at t4. I agree get rid of them because most the people don't use them anyways. 1 charge items that don't even last that long is a major advantage lol. Anything else unfair? This argument has become a joke. 

FYI, Rune of absolution and Pumice stones have 5 charges.  Those items are ground breaking in PvP and BGs when used by the right person at the right time.  Since GU64, the ward gear and those items do not make much of an impact because of the insane dmg output of everyone.  I was just letting you know that pretty much everything you've typed so far is easily proven to be wrong.

[email protected] wrote:

As to the potential to gain more pvp tokens in open world pvp over the lesser amount in bg's tbh thats how it should be(we are the only pvp server left) however as pve players may not be aware the server lag during a warfield on naggy tend to make it almost a turn based game at that point while we have the potential to make more tokens its generally harder than you realize.  BTW warfields are not up 24/7 its usually every 2 hours compare that to bg's which can be run basicly in 5 mins with a decent group so while the pvp server has the potential for more tokens currently bg's are close to that simply because they can be run rather quickly.

I average about 8 times as many tokens in a WF as a BG.  As far as 5min BGs, other than the rare Ganak, that does not happen nor is it possible.  And even in Ganak your token count is horrible when you just cap the flag three times immediately.

On a sidenote, why are you even posting in this section Daalilama?  You made fun of BGs on test and hijacked every single post about them raging about cures.  Did you at least get what you wanted?

Applo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:01 AM   #34
Twinbladed
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Twinbladed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 468
Default

Applo wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

This is what I'm talking about, get rid of those items anyways you can use them 1 time an have to restock they are not the difference between winning or losing a bg at all. Remove all the excuses. Bg's last several minute's not seconds, if you think those items are the win or lose factor and it is so unfair then why do you even do bg's at all? Not one of those items makes you a winning player. Even at t4. I agree get rid of them because most the people don't use them anyways. 1 charge items that don't even last that long is a major advantage lol. Anything else unfair? This argument has become a joke. 

FYI, Rune of absolution and Pumice stones have 5 charges.  Those items are ground breaking in PvP and BGs when used by the right person at the right time.  Since GU64, the ward gear and those items do not make much of an impact because of the insane dmg output of everyone.  I was just letting you know that pretty much everything you've typed so far is easily proven to be wrong.

[email protected] wrote:

As to the potential to gain more pvp tokens in open world pvp over the lesser amount in bg's tbh thats how it should be(we are the only pvp server left) however as pve players may not be aware the server lag during a warfield on naggy tend to make it almost a turn based game at that point while we have the potential to make more tokens its generally harder than you realize.  BTW warfields are not up 24/7 its usually every 2 hours compare that to bg's which can be run basicly in 5 mins with a decent group so while the pvp server has the potential for more tokens currently bg's are close to that simply because they can be run rather quickly.

I average about 8 times as many tokens in a WF as a BG.  As far as 5min BGs, other than the rare Ganak, that does not happen nor is it possible.  And even in Ganak your token count is horrible when you just cap the flag three times immediately.

On a sidenote, why are you even posting in this section Daalilama?  You made fun of BGs on test and hijacked every single post about them raging about cures.  Did you at least get what you wanted?

If those two items make you lose, then you were lost at the door. Stop crying all the time, this is what happen to competitive playing, the playerbase is candy coated, and you end up with players that have a excuse for everything, feel the need to nerf everything, feel the need to point to someone else's class as a excuse as to why they can't manage, or they go and put it off on sony, this is why I said this talk is pretty much a joke. I see everything to do with crying, I see 0 to do with how to adapt. Nagafen since you have been you should know was neglected for a very long time in terms of pvp. I honestly see why, if I was a dev, and I saw how much people could not adjust themselve's to the game, I wouldn't take the time to play with it either. In the end nothing that is done is going to be good enough for the average complainer. People will always point a finger to everything around them but themselve's

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #35
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

Applo wrote:

 As far as 5min BGs, other than the rare Ganak, that does not happen nor is it possible.  And even in Ganak your token count is horrible when you just cap the flag three times immediately.

I dunno man, I had a number of them that finished in 5 last night, and almost none of them went to 10 mins.

There are alot of really squishy people in them atm.

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #36
Dorsan
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Dorsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 971
Default

missingo wrote:

I think BGs need to be removed from pvp servers cause its killing the need to actually pvp in open world

I don't know why you people keep thinking that removal of bgs would actually help open world pvp. I am one of the people that only log in to raid and play in bgs. If they would remove bgs, I would only log in to raid. You still wouldn't see me in the open world PvP, because open world PvP is a huge warfield lagfest with raid vs raid LvP (lag vs players). I don't enjoy it, so I refuse to participate. If there would be actual questlines or any objectives that would scatter people to different zones instead of placing every single person into the same zone at the exact same time, I would be all over it. But warfields and PvP hotzones are not open world PvP for me. I like to hunt and being hunted. I don't like being told 'go there and fight that raid'. I never will.

There might be a -slight- increase of population at warfields if you'd remove BGs from Nagafen, but I don't think it is worth to limit my gameplay only so that you get 2-3 more people in your lagfest.

__________________
Dorsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #37
Twinbladed
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Twinbladed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 468
Default

[email protected] wrote:

missingo wrote:

I think BGs need to be removed from pvp servers cause its killing the need to actually pvp in open world

I don't know why you people keep thinking that removal of bgs would actually help open world pvp. I am one of the people that only log in to raid and play in bgs. If they would remove bgs, I would only log in to raid. You still wouldn't see me in the open world PvP, because open world PvP is a huge warfield lagfest with raid vs raid LvP (lag vs players). I don't enjoy it, so I refuse to participate. If there would be actual questlines or any objectives that would scatter people to different zones instead of placing every single person into the same zone at the exact same time, I would be all over it. But warfields and PvP hotzones are not open world PvP for me. I like to hunt and being hunted. I don't like being told 'go there and fight that raid'. I never will.

There might be a -slight- increase of population at warfields if you'd remove BGs from Nagafen, but I don't think it is worth to limit my gameplay only so that you get 2-3 more people in your lagfest.

Nail on the head^

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #38
japanfour

Loremaster
japanfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 119
Default

[email protected]_old wrote:

Ok how about this.

Put PVP servers in their own BG bracket.

PVE servers vs PVE servers in BGs

and PVP servers vs PVP servers in BGs.

This way SOE wont have to worry about trying to balance tokens/gear from PVE vs PVP in BGs.

yeah offer a solution for something that isnt the real problem. If people are poor at pvp, they gotta learn by failing, not by being coddled into a bracket of the same noobs. You learn by playing against people who are better than you, not with people who are on your level.

As far as nagafen players having an advantage, I dont think this is true currently, I think the seasoned player on nagafen knows alot more about combat mechanics than the regular blue server player, if that player knows how to survive in the open world of course, get out of an engagement to survive another day, etc. Most players in this game want to consistently play mindlessly, and pvp is not for that kind of player. We arent killing mobs on scripts, this is player verses player, and no ease or instant gratification should be a part of that aspect of a game IMO.

BG doesnt need to be removed either, we already cant send xserver tells on nagafen, not allowing us to atleast chat to other people in champions respite and removing BGs would be another stake in nagafens back. To be honest its the most interesting server in this game, the only place where open pvp can happen in eq2. People just are afraid of playing here because knowing a 13 year old behind a PC is doing things to your corpse every time you die while questing is touch for some to handle. SOE needs to find a way to get people back into open world PVP, and its not by taking away, its by giving us a reason to go into the open world.

__________________


japanfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #39
Darkholis

Guardian
Darkholis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 116
Default

japanfour wrote:

[email protected]_old wrote:

Ok how about this.

Put PVP servers in their own BG bracket.

PVE servers vs PVE servers in BGs

and PVP servers vs PVP servers in BGs.

This way SOE wont have to worry about trying to balance tokens/gear from PVE vs PVP in BGs.

yeah offer a solution for something that isnt the real problem. If people are poor at pvp, they gotta learn by failing, not by being coddled into a bracket of the same noobs. You learn by playing against people who are better than you, not with people who are on your level.

As far as nagafen players having an advantage, I dont think this is true currently, I think the seasoned player on nagafen knows alot more about combat mechanics than the regular blue server player, if that player knows how to survive in the open world of course, get out of an engagement to survive another day, etc. Most players in this game want to consistently play mindlessly, and pvp is not for that kind of player. We arent killing mobs on scripts, this is player verses player, and no ease or instant gratification should be a part of that aspect of a game IMO.

ROFL, dumbest thing I've heard in a while. I agree, there is a lot of players can't stand PvP, on my side I love it, besides loging for raids, there is NADA to do on a blue server.

BG doesnt need to be removed either, we already cant send xserver tells on nagafen, not allowing us to atleast chat to other people in champions respite and removing BGs would be another stake in nagafens back. To be honest its the most interesting server in this game, the only place where open pvp can happen in eq2. People just are afraid of playing here because knowing a 13 year old behind a PC is doing things to your corpse every time you die while questing is touch for some to handle. SOE needs to find a way to get people back into open world PVP, and its not by taking away, its by giving us a reason to go into the open world.

Funny, you're shooting yourself in the foot with your own words. BGs is the main reason why Open World PvP is dead along with obsoletes mechanics. Removing BGs won't help Open PvP, gimme a break. I have few mid-level toons on naggy and the only real chance to kills some players were at warfield. Now that those are gone for revamp, there is nobody to kill at those levels since everybody rush for end-game AND/OR is hidding in BGs. Solution is quite simple tho, with the actual PvP revamp, stuff is much better than RoK to DoV era. SOE juts need to remove BGs from Nagafen and keep the BG vendor in-game so that those who actually do Open World PvP can be rewarded accordingly. Another cool feature I'd see would be the introduction of PvP armor set per faction. So Good, Evil and Exiled.

__________________
-Raiding is not all about dps, it's about a flawless script execution.

-I do not valuate a raid force on the number of kills they got, I instead valuate it on the number of flawless they achieved.

(Vanuk, 92 guardian, Tyrant of Revenge)
Darkholis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #40
Rahatmattata

Loremaster
Rahatmattata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,232
Default

I get the theory that removing BGs would force players into open PvP to earn tokens and get the new pvp gear. But I suspect the reality is players would transfer off Nagafen in droves if they couldn't BG. Why? Because BG is more fun than WF, it's more fun than searching all over the world for a quester or someone to PK, and it's more fun than chasing people that don't want to fight on flying mounts.

What made PvP fun was running into another group in a contested dungeon, jacking them, then yanking their named mob. Doing WF, and rolling random scrubs.... not so much. Setting up 1v1 or 6v6 seems sterile and bland.

__________________


A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #41
japanfour

Loremaster
japanfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 119
Default

Darkholis wrote:

japanfour wrote:

[email protected]_old wrote:

Ok how about this.

Put PVP servers in their own BG bracket.

PVE servers vs PVE servers in BGs

and PVP servers vs PVP servers in BGs.

This way SOE wont have to worry about trying to balance tokens/gear from PVE vs PVP in BGs.

yeah offer a solution for something that isnt the real problem. If people are poor at pvp, they gotta learn by failing, not by being coddled into a bracket of the same noobs. You learn by playing against people who are better than you, not with people who are on your level.

As far as nagafen players having an advantage, I dont think this is true currently, I think the seasoned player on nagafen knows alot more about combat mechanics than the regular blue server player, if that player knows how to survive in the open world of course, get out of an engagement to survive another day, etc. Most players in this game want to consistently play mindlessly, and pvp is not for that kind of player. We arent killing mobs on scripts, this is player verses player, and no ease or instant gratification should be a part of that aspect of a game IMO.

ROFL, dumbest thing I've heard in a while. I agree, there is a lot of players can't stand PvP, on my side I love it, besides loging for raids, there is NADA to do on a blue server.

BG doesnt need to be removed either, we already cant send xserver tells on nagafen, not allowing us to atleast chat to other people in champions respite and removing BGs would be another stake in nagafens back. To be honest its the most interesting server in this game, the only place where open pvp can happen in eq2. People just are afraid of playing here because knowing a 13 year old behind a PC is doing things to your corpse every time you die while questing is touch for some to handle. SOE needs to find a way to get people back into open world PVP, and its not by taking away, its by giving us a reason to go into the open world.

Funny, you're shooting yourself in the foot with your own words. BGs is the main reason why Open World PvP is dead along with obsoletes mechanics. Removing BGs won't help Open PvP, gimme a break. I have few mid-level toons on naggy and the only real chance to kills some players were at warfield. Now that those are gone for revamp, there is nobody to kill at those levels since everybody rush for end-game AND/OR is hidding in BGs. Solution is quite simple tho, with the actual PvP revamp, stuff is much better than RoK to DoV era. SOE juts need to remove BGs from Nagafen and keep the BG vendor in-game so that those who actually do Open World PvP can be rewarded accordingly. Another cool feature I'd see would be the introduction of PvP armor set per faction. So Good, Evil and Exiled.

Why is that dumb? I have fought many people from nagafen, and blue servers in open world pvp and BGs. No player that wasnt originally from nagafen can annoy you better. Trust that. And if they can, chances are they played on nagafen for a bit. I know there are exceptions to this rule that you will be more than grateful to point out of course, thanks in advance.

Sure, call it shooting myself in the foot(holyfoot!). I just dont support the idea of depraving a server of anything that has issues with population in the first place. I mean EVERY person doesnt play like the majority, so I cant suggest changes forcing people to play differently( if I was to suggest things that pertain to me I know for sure everyone wouldnt agree with it because not everyone is playing at my level). Thats why I suggest some sort of incentive for consistent open world pvp for everyone. Its a general and vague idea open for interpretation of course, but it can apply to every level and tier.

I have mid level toons on nagafen, as well as toons performing at the top tier. I dont think that you playing a mid level toon or two constitutes as a clear view for everyone on how nagafen is operating or open world pvp should be. The fact that pvp gear is the same for all factions is a great balancing thing. PVP stats are too nerfed to give 3 factions with 3 sets of armor, that would just increase the time sync on nagafen, and make blue servers even more mad/biased. I'm sure they could create 3 faction merchants for you rename the armor and give it the same stats though, I just dont think its relevant at the current moment.

As far as why open world pvp is dead compared to what it used to be, I dont think that the biggest reason is BGs. I saw a MASSIVE exodus when they revamped fame during TSO. During that time SOE had offered alot of solutions to PVP and none really worked well. So naturally more and more people stopped playing here because of the PVP gear and PVE gear problems. I mean it really sucks getting rolled because you are in combat because you cant switch to pvp gear. It was a source of frustration which there was no response, and I think that ultimately killed the playerbase on nagafen. I believe BGs kind of assisted with the decrease in population, but atleast it lets players that have stuck it out on nagafen have a source of communication with other servers, as well as an opportunity to gauge themselves against other servers. If you havent noticed. Nagafen is an Isolated server. Increasing the isolation By disabiling BGs may get some people to come here in the short term, I just dont think its going to give any long term growth to nagafen and might make people leave to other servers. If anything nagafen needs unique incentives that no other server offers that cant give any advantages in BGs over others.

Open world pvp used to be an amazing meta-game in eq2, one that made people CHOOSE nagafen over any other server. We dont need to take away, we just got a PVP revamp, and I think it needs to be BUILT on, and not taken away from. I just dont think that taking things away is the key to growth in a game. Nagafen needs more exclusivity, new ideas, etc. Its the only pvp server in this game after all. The fact that you suggest new gear already shows no open world incentive, I just dont think you know whats up.

__________________


japanfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #42
Darkholis

Guardian
Darkholis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 116
Default

japanfour wrote:

Darkholis wrote:

japanfour wrote:

[email protected]_old wrote:

Ok how about this.

Put PVP servers in their own BG bracket.

PVE servers vs PVE servers in BGs

and PVP servers vs PVP servers in BGs.

This way SOE wont have to worry about trying to balance tokens/gear from PVE vs PVP in BGs.

yeah offer a solution for something that isnt the real problem. If people are poor at pvp, they gotta learn by failing, not by being coddled into a bracket of the same noobs. You learn by playing against people who are better than you, not with people who are on your level.

As far as nagafen players having an advantage, I dont think this is true currently, I think the seasoned player on nagafen knows alot more about combat mechanics than the regular blue server player, if that player knows how to survive in the open world of course, get out of an engagement to survive another day, etc. Most players in this game want to consistently play mindlessly, and pvp is not for that kind of player. We arent killing mobs on scripts, this is player verses player, and no ease or instant gratification should be a part of that aspect of a game IMO.

ROFL, dumbest thing I've heard in a while. I agree, there is a lot of players can't stand PvP, on my side I love it, besides loging for raids, there is NADA to do on a blue server.

BG doesnt need to be removed either, we already cant send xserver tells on nagafen, not allowing us to atleast chat to other people in champions respite and removing BGs would be another stake in nagafens back. To be honest its the most interesting server in this game, the only place where open pvp can happen in eq2. People just are afraid of playing here because knowing a 13 year old behind a PC is doing things to your corpse every time you die while questing is touch for some to handle. SOE needs to find a way to get people back into open world PVP, and its not by taking away, its by giving us a reason to go into the open world.

Funny, you're shooting yourself in the foot with your own words. BGs is the main reason why Open World PvP is dead along with obsoletes mechanics. Removing BGs won't help Open PvP, gimme a break. I have few mid-level toons on naggy and the only real chance to kills some players were at warfield. Now that those are gone for revamp, there is nobody to kill at those levels since everybody rush for end-game AND/OR is hidding in BGs. Solution is quite simple tho, with the actual PvP revamp, stuff is much better than RoK to DoV era. SOE juts need to remove BGs from Nagafen and keep the BG vendor in-game so that those who actually do Open World PvP can be rewarded accordingly. Another cool feature I'd see would be the introduction of PvP armor set per faction. So Good, Evil and Exiled.

Why is that dumb? I have fought many people from nagafen, and blue servers in open world pvp and BGs. No player that wasnt originally from nagafen can annoy you better. Trust that. And if they can, chances are they played on nagafen for a bit. I know there are exceptions to this rule that you will be more than grateful to point out of course, thanks in advance.

Sure, call it shooting myself in the foot(holyfoot!). I just dont support the idea of depraving a server of anything that has issues with population in the first place. I mean EVERY person doesnt play like the majority, so I cant suggest changes forcing people to play differently( if I was to suggest things that pertain to me I know for sure everyone wouldnt agree with it because not everyone is playing at my level). Thats why I suggest some sort of incentive for consistent open world pvp for everyone. Its a general and vague idea open for interpretation of course, but it can apply to every level and tier.

I have mid level toons on nagafen, as well as toons performing at the top tier. I dont think that you playing a mid level toon or two constitutes as a clear view for everyone on how nagafen is operating or open world pvp should be. The fact that pvp gear is the same for all factions is a great balancing thing. PVP stats are too nerfed to give 3 factions with 3 sets of armor, that would just increase the time sync on nagafen, and make blue servers even more mad/biased. I'm sure they could create 3 faction merchants for you rename the armor and give it the same stats though, I just dont think its relevant at the current moment.

As far as why open world pvp is dead compared to what it used to be, I dont think that the biggest reason is BGs. I saw a MASSIVE exodus when they revamped fame during TSO. During that time SOE had offered alot of solutions to PVP and none really worked well. So naturally more and more people stopped playing here because of the PVP gear and PVE gear problems. I mean it really sucks getting rolled because you are in combat because you cant switch to pvp gear. On my raid tanks, I have gear+stance on macro that can be switched during combat in a heartbeat. Should be able to do the same in PvP combat. It was a source of frustration which there was no response, and I think that ultimately killed the playerbase on nagafen. I believe BGs kind of assisted with the decrease in population, but atleast it lets players that have stuck it out on nagafen have a source of communication with other servers, as well as an opportunity to gauge themselves against other servers. If you havent noticed. Nagafen is an Isolated server. Not as isolated as Firiona Vie used to be in EQ1 when you had to type duting hours to increase the language of your char. Increasing the isolation By disabiling BGs may get some people to come here in the short term, I just dont think its going to give any long term growth to nagafen and might make people leave to other servers. If anything nagafen needs unique incentives that no other server offers that cant give any advantages in BGs over others. Maybe it's just me but SOE should disable the possibility to transfer a toon from a blue server up to Nagafen. Just plain dumb concept to let someone give thousands plats and full equipement to a new toon before transfering...my 2cp worth.

Open world pvp used to be an amazing meta-game in eq2, one that made people CHOOSE nagafen over any other server. We dont need to take away, we just got a PVP revamp, and I think it needs to be BUILT on, and not taken away from. I just dont think that taking things away is the key to growth in a game. Nagafen needs more exclusivity, new ideas, etc. They should bring back EQ1 system where you could grab items off the player along with money. that would actually motivate peeps to hunt PCs/NPCs in group zones for their loot. Its the only pvp server in this game after all. Not actually right, Harla Dar is the second PvP server in EQ2. The fact that you suggest new gear already shows no open world incentive, I just dont think you know whats up.

__________________
-Raiding is not all about dps, it's about a flawless script execution.

-I do not valuate a raid force on the number of kills they got, I instead valuate it on the number of flawless they achieved.

(Vanuk, 92 guardian, Tyrant of Revenge)
Darkholis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #43
japanfour

Loremaster
japanfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 119
Default

Darkholis wrote:

japanfour wrote:

Why is that dumb? I have fought many people from nagafen, and blue servers in open world pvp and BGs. No player that wasnt originally from nagafen can annoy you better. Trust that. And if they can, chances are they played on nagafen for a bit. I know there are exceptions to this rule that you will be more than grateful to point out of course, thanks in advance.

Sure, call it shooting myself in the foot(holyfoot!). I just dont support the idea of depraving a server of anything that has issues with population in the first place. I mean EVERY person doesnt play like the majority, so I cant suggest changes forcing people to play differently( if I was to suggest things that pertain to me I know for sure everyone wouldnt agree with it because not everyone is playing at my level). Thats why I suggest some sort of incentive for consistent open world pvp for everyone. Its a general and vague idea open for interpretation of course, but it can apply to every level and tier.

I have mid level toons on nagafen, as well as toons performing at the top tier. I dont think that you playing a mid level toon or two constitutes as a clear view for everyone on how nagafen is operating or open world pvp should be. The fact that pvp gear is the same for all factions is a great balancing thing. PVP stats are too nerfed to give 3 factions with 3 sets of armor, that would just increase the time sync on nagafen, and make blue servers even more mad/biased. I'm sure they could create 3 faction merchants for you rename the armor and give it the same stats though, I just dont think its relevant at the current moment.

As far as why open world pvp is dead compared to what it used to be, I dont think that the biggest reason is BGs. I saw a MASSIVE exodus when they revamped fame during TSO. During that time SOE had offered alot of solutions to PVP and none really worked well. So naturally more and more people stopped playing here because of the PVP gear and PVE gear problems. I mean it really sucks getting rolled because you are in combat because you cant switch to pvp gear. On my raid tanks, I have gear+stance on macro that can be switched during combat in a heartbeat. Should be able to do the same in PvP combat. It was a source of frustration which there was no response, and I think that ultimately killed the playerbase on nagafen. I believe BGs kind of assisted with the decrease in population, but atleast it lets players that have stuck it out on nagafen have a source of communication with other servers, as well as an opportunity to gauge themselves against other servers. If you havent noticed. Nagafen is an Isolated server. Not as isolated as Firiona Vie used to be in EQ1 when you had to type duting hours to increase the language of your char. Increasing the isolation By disabiling BGs may get some people to come here in the short term, I just dont think its going to give any long term growth to nagafen and might make people leave to other servers. If anything nagafen needs unique incentives that no other server offers that cant give any advantages in BGs over others. Maybe it's just me but SOE should disable the possibility to transfer a toon from a blue server up to Nagafen. Just plain dumb concept to let someone give thousands plats and full equipement to a new toon before transfering...my 2cp worth.

Open world pvp used to be an amazing meta-game in eq2, one that made people CHOOSE nagafen over any other server. We dont need to take away, we just got a PVP revamp, and I think it needs to be BUILT on, and not taken away from. I just dont think that taking things away is the key to growth in a game. Nagafen needs more exclusivity, new ideas, etc. They should bring back EQ1 system where you could grab items off the player along with money. that would actually motivate peeps to hunt PCs/NPCs in group zones for their loot. Its the only pvp server in this game after all. Not actually right, Harla Dar is the second PvP server in EQ2. The fact that you suggest new gear already shows no open world incentive, I just dont think you know whats up.

Gear macros dont work when you are engaged. try again.

Firiona vie was an isolated server buring the BOOM of MMOS, we are here on eq2 left with the residual effects. are you seriously going to compare the two? The point is the MMO consumers are spread thin compared to when they have 1-3 games to play. This is why we dont need isolation, or a forceful way to do anything, we need an ACTUAL reason to do it instead.

Its kind of hard for SOE to disable server transfers now, not to mention that would severely hinder any competative raiding guild on the server. Players can transfer here and enjoy what nagafen has to offer if they please without having to reinvest time into another toon they probably already have. They could however limit coin, or put restrictions on transferring to nagafen. ONCE again a more viable solution as opposed to just removing the privelidge.

I would like it if there was some sort of looting ofp layers where I actually got to choose like eq1, but I doubt it will be that way. EQ1 is a more hardcore game compared to this pvp wise. I played on RZ and sullon, it was WAY ruthless, and way more rage inducing. On the other hand it was very rewarding when you were successful.

I apologize about the only pvp server statement, I was wrong. My opinions on giving exclusivity to pvp servers still stands though.

__________________


japanfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #44
Darkholis

Guardian
Darkholis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 116
Default

Not here to put oil on the fire but gear swap macro in-combat always worked fine for me.

__________________
-Raiding is not all about dps, it's about a flawless script execution.

-I do not valuate a raid force on the number of kills they got, I instead valuate it on the number of flawless they achieved.

(Vanuk, 92 guardian, Tyrant of Revenge)
Darkholis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #45
japanfour

Loremaster
japanfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 119
Default

Darkholis wrote:

Not here to put oil on the fire but gear swap macro in-combat always worked fine for me.

none at all, I dont know if this is/was a bug or not ( I Transferred a toon from extended to play as my main on nagafen ) Whenever I was in skyshrine and people would roll on me, I tried a gear macro, which I have, and it would give me a error, saying I had to wait 4 seconds to put on gear, in between my equip macros this would either: A) put random pvp gear pieces on me in my macro but not all of them. B) Put none of the armor pieces on C) Rarely actually put all the armor on in my macro. This isnt exactly the kind of result you would call working. Once again I dont know if I suck at making a macro or what. Long story short I just started tanking the zone in pvp gear.

__________________


japanfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #46
rubistar

Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Default

I totally agree. Nagafen is not fun in the Bgs, they not only have better gear but interestingly enough half the time you cant target them. hmm how does that happen. I wont even play gears anymore, it's not fun.

rubistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #47
Peak
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Slice of Life
Rank: Trinity

Loremaster
Peak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 501
Default

rubistar wrote:

I totally agree. Nagafen is not fun in the Bgs, they not only have better gear but interestingly enough half the time you cant target them. hmm how does that happen. I wont even play gears anymore, it's not fun.

This post makes absolutely no sense.

You should take some time and work on understanding PVP mechanics better before posting.

__________________
Peak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #48
Delethen
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Arch of Chaos
Rank: Muad'Dib

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 215
Default

japanfour wrote:

Darkholis wrote:

Not here to put oil on the fire but gear swap macro in-combat always worked fine for me.

none at all, I dont know if this is/was a bug or not ( I Transferred a toon from extended to play as my main on nagafen ) Whenever I was in skyshrine and people would roll on me, I tried a gear macro, which I have, and it would give me a error, saying I had to wait 4 seconds to put on gear, in between my equip macros this would either: A) put random pvp gear pieces on me in my macro but not all of them. B) Put none of the armor pieces on C) Rarely actually put all the armor on in my macro. This isnt exactly the kind of result you would call working. Once again I dont know if I suck at making a macro or what. Long story short I just started tanking the zone in pvp gear.

Only items you can swap in combat are weapons as far as I know.  Anything else will give you the message you can't swap it while you're engaged.

Delethen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #49
Darq

Loremaster
Darq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 213
Default

Twyxx wrote:

missingo wrote:

I think BGs need to be removed from pvp servers cause its killing the need to actually pvp in open world

You'll end up losing even more population.

I logged on yesterday, /who all freeport side 97 players. It won't matter much.

Darq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #50
Seliri

Lord
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 335
Default

Darq wrote:

Twyxx wrote:

missingo wrote:

I think BGs need to be removed from pvp servers cause its killing the need to actually pvp in open world

You'll end up losing even more population.

I logged on yesterday, /who all freeport side 97 players. It won't matter much.

Gonna have to agree here

Also agree that after the nerf to the PvP rank system (botched fame decay) was when the mass exodus from Nagafen began.

Maybe do everything in the 45 PoAfEP, & if all of that doesnt work to stimulate open world PvP, then try limiting battlegrounds! =]

But SOE's budget is weak for EQ2 & I highly doubt extensive rennovations relative to PvP alone will get approved.

__________________
|-| EverQuest Next Principles to Abide by (30) |-| True Ks: 40.2K Ds: 3.6K Ratio:11:1 |-| |-| PvP Briefing 101 (Outdated) |-| 45 Points of Awesome-o for PvP! |-|Â*

Seliri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #51
Twinbladed
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Twinbladed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 468
Default

rubistar wrote:

I totally agree. Nagafen is not fun in the Bgs, they not only have better gear but interestingly enough half the time you cant target them. hmm how does that happen. I wont even play gears anymore, it's not fun.

Can I stop for a moment and laugh, you play on a walk around free community without having to worry about anyone sneaking up on you, free to do pve stuff all day long. How do Nagafen players have better gear when most of your play time is pvpless. You can't target someone, there are marco's you can make to bypass that, even threw taunt locks. It almost sounds like your saying we are nothing more than hackers lol. 

Why is Nagafen in Bg's?

Most of freeport went to qeynos. A lot of the other players only play at low levels. So after a Wf first thing people do is que up for Bg's because atm everyone is pretty much on one side. Yes we get 150 extra tokens for winning a Wf every 2 hours. I can get more than 150 tokens in a BG way before waiting on the Wf's to come up. Yes people do drop tokens on nagafen when they die, one problem, if someone else touches them you lose the amount you were going to get depending on how many people hit them. 

The people that will run you down the most are the one's who have been pvping for years even at it's peak. What I always notice and seems to be a complaint, is the lack of the pve side taken note of what they might be doing wrong instead of making statements like that. 

It's like Daal said earlier, how does the most progressed guild world wide get there face rolled by a Naggy guild? Simple, they don't know anything about pvp at all. People refuse to make time to learn what they do wrong, but always make time for excuses

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:03 AM   #52
rubistar

Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Default

t's like Daal said earlier, how does the most progressed guild world wide get there face rolled by a Naggy guild? Simple, they don't know anything about pvp at all. People refuse to make time to learn what they do wrong, but always make time for excuses

I do agree with you. What you said makes sense ,I just dont get how Nagafen can enjoy the competition of all grouping together and mowing everyone else down.  At least split it up so there are experienced pvp ers on each team. All I want is a fair competition not a slaughter.  You are correct I am fairly new at pvp and am starting to get the hang of it, if only I could stay alive. lol

rubistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #53
KatrinaDeath

Loremaster
KatrinaDeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 690
Default

idea... disable bg's from nagafen for a period of two weeks. then see what the actual reaction is. 

KatrinaDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #54
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

rubistar wrote:

I totally agree. Nagafen is not fun in the Bgs, they not only have better gear but interestingly enough half the time you cant target them. hmm how does that happen. I wont even play gears anymore, it's not fun.

I disagree, its alot of fun killing naggy people and listening to them whine about it.

You just need to L2P a bit and you'd see what little advantages they have can easily be overcome with gear that is readily accessable to you.

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #55
Gealaen_Gaiamancer

Loremaster
Gealaen_Gaiamancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Unrest
Posts: 157
Default

[email protected] wrote:

rubistar wrote:

I totally agree. Nagafen is not fun in the Bgs, they not only have better gear but interestingly enough half the time you cant target them. hmm how does that happen. I wont even play gears anymore, it's not fun.

I disagree, its alot of fun killing naggy people and listening to them whine about it.

You just need to L2P a bit and you'd see what little advantages they have can easily be overcome with gear that is readily accessable to you.

Agreed--I've had a blast in BGs lately, fighting both with and against folks from Nagafen.  They don't have an overwhelming advantage except for already knowing how to fight other players (instead of AIs).

Folks from non-PVP servers, even those who don't come rolling in fully dressed in raid gear, can perform respectably in BGs if they work together with their team.

The "there are no targets in open world PVP" problem is an economic problem.  There're very few reasons to roam around the world on Nagafen, and the opportunity cost of doing so (instead of BGing) is poor.  BGs get you essentially back-to-back engagements (even if they're contrived minigame fights, really) that would take hours or days to find in the world (on volume).  Efficiency, folks, is the winner here.

__________________
Fight with honor and triumph!

Gealaen_Gaiamancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #56
Freejazzlive

Loremaster
Freejazzlive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
Posts: 704
Default

Gealaen_Gaiamancer wrote:

The "there are no targets in open world PVP" problem is an economic problem. There're very few reasons to roam around the world on Nagafen, and the opportunity cost of doing so (instead of BGing) is poor. BGs get you essentially back-to-back engagements (even if they're contrived minigame fights, really) that would take hours or days to find in the world (on volume).  Efficiency, folks, is the winner here.

Sadly, this is why I've pretty much dropped my Nagafen project. I've no interest in BGs at all, but there's nothing else going on, & the server feels dead as dirt.

To paraphrase The Buggles, "Battlegrounds killed the Nagafen star ......"

__________________
Talechaser Tuckpaw, Troubadour of Freeport

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #57
motherofmoon

Loremaster
motherofmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 10
Default

Are you insane???? We do not get toughness on our raid gear!!! I dont understand why you people from blue servers even coment on this subject to begin with.... You have no idea what true pvp is!!! Only the unorganized BG you cast yourself into everytime you Q for one! I mean most of you are raiders, would you go to raid without a tank or with one healer?? I think NOT.. Well, in BG your lucky to get one healer! True pvpers think BG's are a joke and need to be gone from nagafen. Nobody wants you blue servers to loose your chance at good gear, even if you do not have the time to raid..So BG is a good solution for you. But please give the true pvper one server  to hone his or her skills in open world organized pvp wheather it be the solo fights of yesteryears on the bucherblock docks or good 6v6 group fights in the streets of our now contested citys! This place is NAGAFEN! AND IS NO PLACE FOR BG!

motherofmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #58
apwyork

Loremaster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 186
Default

[email protected] wrote:

rubistar wrote:

I totally agree. Nagafen is not fun in the Bgs, they not only have better gear but interestingly enough half the time you cant target them. hmm how does that happen. I wont even play gears anymore, it's not fun.

Can I stop for a moment and laugh, you play on a walk around free community without having to worry about anyone sneaking up on you, free to do pve stuff all day long. How do Nagafen players have better gear when most of your play time is pvpless. You can't target someone, there are marco's you can make to bypass that, even threw taunt locks. It almost sounds like your saying we are nothing more than hackers lol. 

Why is Nagafen in Bg's?

Most of freeport went to qeynos. A lot of the other players only play at low levels. So after a Wf first thing people do is que up for Bg's because atm everyone is pretty much on one side. Yes we get 150 extra tokens for winning a Wf every 2 hours. I can get more than 150 tokens in a BG way before waiting on the Wf's to come up. Yes people do drop tokens on nagafen when they die, one problem, if someone else touches them you lose the amount you were going to get depending on how many people hit them. 

The people that will run you down the most are the one's who have been pvping for years even at it's peak. What I always notice and seems to be a complaint, is the lack of the pve side taken note of what they might be doing wrong instead of making statements like that. 

It's like Daal said earlier, how does the most progressed guild world wide get there face rolled by a Naggy guild? Simple, they don't know anything about pvp at all. People refuse to make time to learn what they do wrong, but always make time for excuses

Not to take a side, but I think you miss the posters intent.  What I understand them to be saying is that it's not fun for the pve'ers or pvp'ers to be thrown in together. 

If the true intent to pvp is to prove who's a better player, than how does killing a pve character demonstrate that?  Sure, if you think killing a character who has no idea how to pvp is fun, then you're always going to enjoy yourself.  If you want a challenge though, picking off pve players isn't terribly hard.

For the pve players, the whole issue seems that they are now fighting players who have been doing pvp since creation and know all the ins and outs of it.

apwyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #59
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

motherofmoon wrote:

Are you insane???? We do not get toughness on our raid gear!!! I dont understand why you people from blue servers even coment on this subject to begin with.... You have no idea what true pvp is!!! Only the unorganized BG you cast yourself into everytime you Q for one! I mean most of you are raiders, would you go to raid without a tank or with one healer?? I think NOT.. Well, in BG your lucky to get one healer! True pvpers think BG's are a joke and need to be gone from nagafen. Nobody wants you blue servers to loose your chance at good gear, even if you do not have the time to raid..So BG is a good solution for you. But please give the true pvper one server  to hone his or her skills in open world organized pvp wheather it be the solo fights of yesteryears on the bucherblock docks or good 6v6 group fights in the streets of our now contested citys! This place is NAGAFEN! AND IS NO PLACE FOR BG!

Dude, I never queue without a healer, and generally bring what I feel is a balanced pvp group.

Its a mistake to think everyone that faceroles into the queue are the same.

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #60
Laenai
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 634
Default

How am I supposed to measure my PvEpeen if I can't BG with PVPers? SMILEY

__________________
Laenai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:33 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.