EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-09-2017, 03:39 AM   #1
Vian

Was really looking forward to going into the planes, getting stronger, coming back and defeating this Dragon. Apparently he bought the expansion as well?

Will the new 112 Trakanon be the same difficulty level as it is now or will I have an advantage over defeating him now that I am stronger?
Old 11-09-2017, 03:54 AM   #2
Acust

The thing about making Trak 112 now seems unfair to those guilds that have not killed him in his current form. Not sure why the level increase on old content took place for a new expansion considering that has never happened previously.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:11 AM   #3
knine

In 14 years this has never been done. Why now? Because epics are supposed to be best in slot you’re making it complicated to get the mythical version? So haven’t looked at progression in a while, but let’s say 10 guilds WW have killed trak. Do you think that’s going to change now?? You also said for all KA raids resolve would be lessened or readjusted? Does traks go up now. Getting more and more disappointed with each update that you post tbh.
knine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:15 AM   #4
Vian

hahah knine,

there is time to rebalance Trackanon but not time to rebalance player classes... shrug
Old 11-09-2017, 04:31 AM   #5
Uncle

Less then ten i know a lot of guild have been pulling it for weeks/months and making lil to no progress on it :/
also you all spent dev time on adjusting this why cause i can honstly tell you and i have sent in feed back your
heroic instances for the most part are not fun at all too much trash/ trash HP is to high and please tell me why these instance mobs have more combat mit then a group can debuff and even with a perfect group debuffing the mob they still taking way to long to kill let talk about the one event heroic i was in tonight for lack of a better word PAINFULL would be the perfect word to discribe this kill trash that respawn too fast for item to move a robot around which stops way to fast so you have to keep killing TRASH. scripts that are doable but with so little margin of error taht a casual group pick up group will take so long to get done would you even call the zone a heroic event which iirc kandar said was geared to be about 15 ~30 minute total for players that just wanted to do a fast zone back in AoM. I am sorry but this change is wrong on so many levels.

Uncle
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:50 AM   #6
Arieva

I wasnt going to vent my frustrations on this encounter even if we had to continue to die to it at 110 in order to gain our myth updates. Sure it wouldnt have the glory associated with it as doing it when we were 100 but heck as a guild we've never been in it for the glory. We just want to clear the xpac content in a timely fashion.

Now that you've decided to raise the level on this I'm going to tell you how I really feel about it. This is the worse encounter I've experienced in years of raiding. First of all the toxic life cast with orange adorn is bugged all to heck as far as i can tell. Curses land even when toxic life is active. This is inexcusable considering how many other thing go on in this encounter.

As far as the multitude of scripts you have set up on this fight with unforgiving consequences should they be missed...do you think your playerbase are all asian gamers? Do you know how many gamers on your platform arent that quick on the draw? 90% of them. Ive seen the mythical weapons and they arent worth the frusration of this encounter. Sorry I am sure the dev that came up with it was just trying to respond to the cry of the hardcore gamers for challenging content. But I think it says something when the first guild to take this encounter out called it a day in eq2 after the first kill.
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 01:18 PM   #7
semisus

I do not understand why this is needed , change it back.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:26 PM   #8
Earar

but so .. I red it just only realise the implications now.

So if you don't have the mythical at begining of xpac, you'll struggle to get it anyway ?

when u see the few guild who finished all named at this point of the xpac ... it's impressive. only 9 WW

sure, u need stuff for HC gamers .. then put a EXPERT trakanon, with more scripted fight.

WoW and FF 14 do that. mythical fights of the same encounter
Old 11-09-2017, 02:23 PM   #9
Uncle

yup and when i have ppl ask me on live your pulling trak how is the encounter i usally reply.....

the encounter interesting it like putting trash script with no margin of error, on top of trash script, on top of even more trash script, then you get to 50% to have improved trash on top of the first 50% trash.

this is the clean version of what i typically say
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:22 PM   #10
Sudedor

For Epic 1.0, we continued to use our Epic weapons through the next expansion. I'm not sure why it was felt that keeping these Epic 2.0's gated was necessary.

The power curve change that TSO gave definitely made the acquisition of Epic 1.0 Mythicals much easier. Prior to TSO, most servers had 2 or 3 guilds capable of getting those updates . . . post TSO, pretty much any semi serious raiding guild could do the update. It wasn't really a problem then, because the new mobs were that much harder. Sure, lots more people had Mythicals, but there were still only 2 or 3 guilds per server killing Anashti Sul in PotAO.

This also seems to sort of go against the idea of getting players into current content. I remember back in TSO, nobody wanted to go back to VP to do Myth updates . . . it wasn't hard, but it was just not current content. I imagine that this won't be any different. No one will want to go back to kill Trak when they have all the other content in front of them.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:31 PM   #11
Clintsat

I don't think this level increase will change the relative difficulty of the fight as it is mostly script-based. What this does is provide extra incentive to run the encounter during the next expac. This should actually enable more folks to get the update.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:38 PM   #12
Enigma

If the fight is basically script-based then there is no reason to make this name level up and then put black adorns on his loot table after the xpac is released.

I think they might make it harder then it currently is and its funny cause the flawless achievement reward is actually better then the mythical weapon itself.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:47 PM   #13
Clintsat

Think of it this way, there will be reasons to run the zone in the new expac now.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:01 PM   #14
Enigma

But who wants to do trakanon again throughout the new xpac? The fight is boring and heavy scripted just to be annoying for the sake of difficulty rather then trying to make it hard and fun. This is why i believe revelation's called it quits right after they killed trak.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:19 PM   #15
semisus

What exactly does the flawless statue give?
Old 11-09-2017, 06:26 PM   #16
Nero

The mob is required to get your MYTH update... it should not be trivialized going into next xpac as it will still be your BiS weapon.

To put things into perspective: We are currently lvl 100 and he is 108, delta of 8 lvls
Proposed change is to make him lvl 112, we will all be 110, thats a delta of only 2 levels.

In addition, you will be running with more than 2x the resists next xpac and 4x the HP and DPS. All of which wont help you if you can't get your people to perform a simple joust or cure script.

I'm glad that they are bumping him in lvl so that the people that did pull him for months on end get to at least enjoy the effort they put in before every casual in game is running around waving their myth 2.0.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:27 PM   #17
Nero

15 fervor, 1k+ potency some AB mod and some other stats. Have to FLAWLESSS every original encounter in the xpac, including Trak.

If it means that the chest pieces that we got for our raid will level up/ grow, heck yeah we will absolutely be doing it again. In addition, I know we will be seeing an increase in membership, which means people will need myth updates after PoP launches, which is another reason for us to run it.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:30 PM   #18
semisus

thats very nice ty )
Old 11-09-2017, 06:51 PM   #19
Twisty

i don't see what is the uproar about with extending Trak's lifespan. it's a really good decision imo.

it's a frustrating fight because the 5-10 people you usually cover for can't easily be covered for like on other fights. it just means you'll have to wait for the lowest common denominator to catch up instead of ramming thru anyway. but it's a good fight, even while being frustrating. and good fights are hard to design, takes a metric ton of dev time, and frankly require a rare doze of luck to turn out great in the end; with it being unbeaten by many still, makes perfect sense to extend its lifespan. i'd thought all the people spending countless of hours trying to beat it should be relieved that they no longer have the xpac deadline to stress about. i know i'd be super annoyed if the satisfaction of that achievement was yanked from under me by the xpac's powercurve invalidating the challenge. as many have already pointed out the myth upgrade being locked behind it woulda been a big argument against this if they were something special.

the Toxic Life mechanic is not bugged, although the mechanic itself is the 1 of 2 low points of the fight. in, let's eyeball, 30hours of pulls it has never landed thru Toxic, sorry. you might've had increments only from it and not buff itself. if person who cast it last dies, that's usually the cause; aside from the other mainstays of "oh it was my turn?" and "uhm forgot the orange Extenze". but i'd be the first to say that mechanic is crap. everything else on this fight is dangerous organically, whereas this is just a random bandaid. the frog bubble really should've been made to work better in some way - maybe like a moving bubble that'd challenge you to do things on the move for some periods of time or at least the PirateShip-esque group-bubbles. there is zero clues about ToxicLife on this fight and even less reason why it should have anything to do with with Poisonous Bite

the stuff that's bugged is jade golems going immune to damage without any readily available indication and a bunch of abilities are misclassified as beneficial that trigger Gaze drain
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:53 PM   #20
Gninja

Developer

You will actually be taking less damage from him after the changes than you did at 100 with him at 108. It was just odd getting a best in slot item from a blue boss. I looked over his script and made sure that the damage stayed relatively the same as it was before so you should see a gain over him getting to 110. His loot table is NOT changing. He has the update for best in slot primary weapon and he drops a breastplate every time that is better than all but one item in this expansion. The majority of his fight is script based so the actual difficulty should not change.
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:53 PM   #21
Beee

Trakanon is a script mob - a really great scripted mob.

Rising him to 112 can make him drop usefull new (or upgraded) loot without the need of timing actual glacial freeze (=leveldebuff)

Trakanon chest is the same level as new T2. this is quite nice and usefull
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:57 PM   #22
Gninja

Developer

You don't really upgrade the breastplate till t4. The t2 and t3 might have a couple stats higher but no the fervor overcap or higher health/potency.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:00 PM   #23
Nero

Good enough for me.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:21 PM   #24
knine

I get it. I really do, but we get best in slot adorns from PG. How is this any different. We did have epic 1.0 that we were able to go back to once we were higher level. The 9 guilds that did it at level, kudos to you. I guess we have to wait till this goes live to see how it really goes.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:32 PM   #25
Gninja

Developer

I am also fully willing to lower the difficulty if it ends up being more difficult. Making the fight more difficult is not our goal here. There are a bunch of things with raid bosses that go haywire when they turn blue or green con.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:34 PM   #26
knine

Thanks for the response.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:47 PM   #27
Vian

Thank you for that. Adjusting it if its harder than it was before? Do you envision more people being able to do this once they have worked their way through the planes some and become stronger?
Old 11-09-2017, 07:55 PM   #28
Nero

Just my 2c

The fight is truly not "hard" in terms of DPS check or incoming damage, but it is script heavy, you follow script, everything is very manageable, even with some alts in raid. you fail script, things get ugly fast. This means that even as you acquire gear, if you raid can not follow the script you will end up failing.

The trick to killing him is repetition, and being able to get your raiders comfortable. I know we pulled him for over 2 months!!! 2 MONTHS!!! before being able to kill him. I'm sure the other guilds that have killed him are all in the same boat. So at the end of the day, if your raid isnt willing to invest that kind of time into killing a mob to earn your Myth 2.0 update.... then you you probably wont be killing it even with better gear.

@Gninja, Id be very very very curious to see if you guys have data on average amount of time a person spent in combat with Trak prior to killing him. I bet its high.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:34 PM   #29
Vian

not sure its fuss (for me it isn't at least). This is something that has never been done before, so people have questions and concerns. They are asking and voicing them.

I think GangsterNinja is doing a great job of answering them.

I know for me, PoP was my wife's and my favorite expansion all time in EQ1. We saw this expansion announcement and were excited to play a EQ game again. We both came back mid KA, worked hard, got epics, t3 raid geared. Were excited. I know a lot of people are in the same boat about PoP in general.

I am excited about leveling my epic weapon with this new system. I don't want to waste precious Mats on leveling fabled version, when I would like to eventually get the Myth version. In KA, My myth is not realistic. Was hoping it would be in PoP.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:43 PM   #30
Mermut

Thanks for the info.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote