EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-14-2017, 10:32 PM   #61
Airros

I may have gotten the Dot wrong...I am not sure...but lets not dismiss the point because of that, shall we? The odds that Guilds who haven't completed this fight during the current expac and that they are going to do so, are pretty slim with the minimal time left before launch. Forcing them to re-gear to do it is, frankly, not cool, in my opinion. There is no prior precedent set that justifies doing this, and it's just going to cause a negative backlash, as it already has from some people.

Although our guild can and will deal with it and get it done, this company does not need more people leaving this game. It's already hard enough for guilds to fill raid spots with competent and committed people, some of which don't have the time to put into the game as hard core players do. I already hear talk from people across Beta that the PoP expac is far to monotonous to gear, based on what is being shown. Hopefully some of these things can be addressed now, before people start bailing in droves.

Personally, I like the content I have seen. DBG knows it needs a LOT more fine-tuning, but it's pretty good and creative work. It needs to be a LOT more user friendly though, and forcing Raider's/Players to spend hundreds of hours grinding Heroics to gear for every tier of Raiding is not headed in the right direction of "user friendly"...that's my 2 cents worth...

Here's the real deal, with the CoR zone now at least on Beta...This shouldn't be harder with 6k more pot, 10 levels higher and being better geared than we are in the current expac. It should, at a minimum, be similar to the way it is now, when you reach level 110 with minimal to no gear upgrades, if you are currently in T4 gear (or equivalent). The current fact remains that it is Not.

It clearly appears that it will Not be doable with the PoP expac timeline and faction gear, and it will likely take a few months of re-gearing for the average casual guild to be able to even attempt this mob. based on what I have seen. If the loot table justifies it being harder, which seems completely silly and counter productive to legitimate itemization (since this is a new expac), then make the necessary adjustments to counter that, and make people happy being allowed a chance at their Myth 2.0?

BTW, Mermut, feel free to actually take a 24 man raid in and test it on Beta, so you actually understand the issue here.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:55 PM   #62
Gninja

Developer

Lets knock it off with the finger pointing and trying to prove each other wrong. If he ends up being harder than he was before I will adjust. I have already taken steps to make sure he stays relatively the same in outgoing damage. Yes, players will need to level up but his resolve check remains the same and his damage should be very close to the same, plus we did fix the issue with shadowknights and mystic's spirit tap which should help with some of the frustrations. I also did not change the level on any of the adds in the encounter. They will remain 108.
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:49 AM   #63
Bigstomp

I know a lot of our initial wipes were based on confusion from the Fetid Cloud bug and protection fail. I know me and Nero spent a few hours every night the first week trying to figure out why Fetid Cloud was randomly killing us, only to find out later that it was a cure fail that was randomly killing us just cause (With no det).

That aside...

I will say the Trak fight requires a level of coordination that is not normal at this point, In FOE we had to set up many overlapping whispers in Teamspeak just so we could keep communicating the whole time. I believe it is easier for guilds that are utilizing tools such as Raid Hub, that may be a worthwhile investment for guilds having communication issues still.

Those few guilds who have killed it I guarantee you pulled it for weeks on end. I think our first three weeks of pulls, we did not even get it to 50%. lol
Old 11-15-2017, 01:56 AM   #64
Mermut

The healer portion is pretty straight foward... healers in the tank groups cure curse on the tanks.. healers in the other groups cure curse on the rest of the raid if (when?) the thaum rotation has a hole. Cure any dets that land on your grp asap. If you're ported, kill your add (keeping yourself alive) and return to the raid. Move at the specified times. Don't cast ascensions at the wrong times.

I admit I'm always amazed at how often (some) healers need to be TOLD to cure... healers should always assume that they SHOULD cure and only not cure if they're told a det shouldn't be cured...

It's like the orginal Trak fight in the sense that is THE end boss, just just 'an' end boss.. and many raids didn't manage to take it down until a few expacs past Rise of Kunark.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 02:08 AM   #65
Soober

raid names arent supposed to be easy. some guilds have worked on this fight for months to get it dead. for being the last name and also a required kill for mythical epic weapons, it would be a shame to see it go easy mode due to a level increase and stat inflation from a new xpack. i was actually excited when i saw that they were boosting his level to keep the challenge high going into a new xpack.

the launch of the new xpack everyone is going to be grinding raid progression, but like most xpacks there will be times you have locked zones, maybe lack gear to progress ect. its nice to know that there will be a fight that people know the script on that drops viable gear to fall back on.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:42 AM   #66
knine

So the end mob of last xpac is the end mob of this expac.. not how it works lol.. never was how it worked. So if the encounter isn't as hard because we're all 110 and its only 112 so be it. There are currently only 9 guilds that have killed it world wide in a year lol. This isn't what happened with darather for prismatic 1.0, this is what happened with peacock line for pris 2.0. This didn't happen with VP for epic 1.0. Those guilds that earned the kill during the time, got to wear the great gear that much longer. New expac comes out, old content isn't as hard theoretically. Changed the encounter to 112, cool. Gninja already said they would look at adjusting of the encounter was still harder than normal and would judge it when it went to live. We shall see I guess.
knine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:25 AM   #67
Gninja

Developer

He will be nowhere near the most difficult boss in this new expac. Not saying everything will be harder but he is definitely not the expac boss for PoP.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:07 AM   #68
Soober

all I can think is the current level cap is 100. trak is 109. new trak will be 112 with our cap at 110. i think once gninja works his magic it will be fine. some aspects of the fight may actually end up being easier. not to mention when we all get PoP gear and go in with 100k pot. the fight is fairly strat heavy, so there will still be a challenge coordinating your raid to work to get it dead. only time will tell fellas.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:59 PM   #69
Asteldian

Making Trak harder doesn't seem too unreasonable for Mythic of Epic 2, lets face it, making it hard to get the mythic is the least of the problems with Epic 2 - Heck, if they removed the BS prereq's required to get the Epic 2 Fabled quest then they could make Trak lvl 150 for all most people would care - making getting the weapon less tedious would be well worth the price of making the Mythic version harder to obtain
Old 11-16-2017, 05:55 PM   #70
semisus

Will you remove trakanon from the kurnark triump flawless achivement seeing as its now a part of planes of prophecy with the boost to lvl 112 making it lvl 110 content?`
Would make getting the statue easier.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:35 PM   #71
Gninja

Developer

That's a good point. I will leave the achievement in but remove it from the flawless all achievement requirement.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:26 PM   #72
Raenius

What will happen to the shorthanded + flawless achievements of the lvl 108 Trak?

Will they stay ingame being uncompletable or will they just get shifted to the new lvl 112 one?
Old 11-17-2017, 08:03 AM   #73
Gninja

Developer

The shorthanded will be able to be gotten from the 112 version, but it will remain in the KA category. There is no shorthanded all achievement for that expansion.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:24 AM   #74
Raenius

Alright, thank you for clarification.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:03 PM   #75
Bigstomp

@Gninja, Sounds cool I think that makes a lot of the more casual guilds happy. Does that mean Trakanon, will stay on the Flawless Kill Triumph Requirement?
Old 11-17-2017, 09:07 PM   #76
Gninja

Developer

Correct, that's one of the things contributing to this decision. The flawless achievement was bugging out from the removal of the Trak flawless achievement. The system doesn't like removing achievements that have already been awarded to someone and makes it not update for anyone after the removal even if all conditions are met.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:21 PM   #77
Bigstomp

Thank you Smile, Just planning out the last few weeks of the X-Pack! Sounds good either way!
Old 11-17-2017, 09:44 PM   #78
Luciar

Thank you for the update, Gninja. Appreciate being kept in the loop!
Old 11-18-2017, 08:50 AM   #79
Gninja

Developer

After much consideration and evaluating risk we have decided not to increase Trakanon’s level for Planes of Prophecy.

Our original goal was to keep the encounter relevant to those who had not defeated him and thus having him appear as blue con was kind of odd looking. But after going through everything and trying to get the achievements worked out there is too much potential risk in changing it at this point. Simply changing level and health to match up close to what it was before wasn’t quite enough to not pull the encounter out of reach of some who have either not killed him or are currently working on the flawless achievement for him. The encounter will still be relevant in its current form due to it being needed for Epic 2.0 as well as the breastplates he drops. Those who have not killed him yet can still do so and get something current for their time without negating any work already done to learn the fight. We are going to try to keep the changes to the things that were bugged such as the shadowknight gravebond issue and spirit tap as those were very needed changes anyway and affect more than just that one encounter.

There is LOTS of raid content in this expansion. Hope you guys enjoy it Smile
Old 11-20-2017, 06:31 AM   #80
Arieva

While we're on the subject of this encounter Gninja, maybe you can pass something off to the pertinent person to be fixed. Mez requirements are pretty steep on this and it would be nice if troubs could help out since they do have the ability to mezz. Problem I've found when asking one to do so is the proc on the troub epic 2.0 weapon (exposition of sound) will trigger when the mezz is cast..breaking mezz. I've tested it several times with a summoned creature in the guild hall and absolutely nothing besides the mezz is landing on the creature..but exposition is proccing. Really limits the guilds mezz options for this fight since taking off the epic 2.0 weapon isn't an option due to the check mechanics in t4.
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:59 PM   #81
Gninja

Developer

Send Caith a private message about this, please.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:25 AM   #82
Ruckus

Swashbucklers also have a 22.5s mez that has been sitting in our spellbooks since launch and it's pretty much useless. Perhaps make changes to Disarming Grin to also make it worthwhile to use in cases like this. We're not deemed worthy to be T1 DPS, so give us some utility that works.
Ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote