EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-02-2017, 01:03 AM   #1
Cosmi

I was wearing gear from killing named and from collections which should be more than enough to do solo dungeons and I killed the first two named in Innovation easily. I always use that required buff before every fight.

The third named (The glitched gaurdian 10101) kept one shot me and the first time I attacked it, I took almost half it's health off before it one shot me. After that, my nukes barely landed including my ascension grandmasters. I tried fighting close and I tried fighting from a great distance, jousted and still got one shot even when I was a great distance from him, almost on the other side of the fighting area. I am using a well geared fully trained healer / tank merc and I'm a very experienced player.

I got someone to help me. He had on beta gear and no adorns. He was able to fight it up close, and easily kill it. In this fight none of my nukes landed including my ascension grandmaster nukes and I was one shot again.

We compared gear. Over all I had better stats but he had more resists. So I put on beta gear with adorns.

I was able to easily kill the next named. Then I came to the last named. Same problem as the third one only this time my nukes don't damage most of the time and I still get one shot. I did turn the key when it asked me to but always got one shot shortly after that.

So with my adorns, I had more resists and better stats, and I get one shot while this person is able to easily do it.

I have talked in game chat, and found there are many people having the same problem that I am having, but not all, some are able to get through without problems.

For what ever reason, it seems the programming is different for some. I am not able to progress on the signature quest line for this reason.

Please fix this problem. I really hope beta lasts for awhile, because between faction quests that did not work ( but I finally got done) and now this, through no fault of my own, I am not making progress to get through this to get my beta reward.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:18 AM   #2
Mermut

Did you turn on the Fount of Power buff when you entered the zone? Every single time you enter a solo or duo zone, you need to turn on that buff. If not, you're going to get your teeth kicked in.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:22 AM   #3
Cosmi

Before "every" fight in there I recast Fount of Power buff per the suggestion of others as I was told it tends to drop in there.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:24 AM   #4
maxximum

The buff dropping was an issue a while ago, but it shouldn't be happening now. It can look like the buff has dropped if you're grouped with someone else and they cast it though.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:31 AM   #5
Mermut

It's a group buff.. and right now each person knocks the other's off.. so if the player who's is not on gets too far away from the other person, they get kicked in the teeth.

On a side note, on my coercer, I found I HAVE to have a healer merc up on the names. I'm fine on the trash, but on the names w/o the merc my coercer gets splatted within 30 sec... with the merc her health barely moves. o_O Personally, I think that sucks. I don't mind pulling out a merc for tough fights, but having zero chance w/o one sucks.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:14 AM   #6
maxximum

The buff being aoe goes without saying, ppl should have learned that by now. My point was that one of the issues in some of the instances a while ago was that the buff was dropping completely every few seconds in some instances. That no longer happens afaik and it's now just people forgetting to activate when entering a zone. This sounds like a gear issue, and as Cosmi pointed out, he has 'some' stuff from the new collections and so on, but look at collection gear from this expac, apart from the final neck, it's all junk. I understand posting about bugs and giants pathing away etc, but 'I can't kill it' is not the point of the beta or this forum.

People are undergeared in most cases. I guarantee I can go and kill glitched guardian in less than a minute, because I've spent time gearing up and looking at the mobs buffs and so on. Bearing in mind we won't get all this free stuff when the expac goes live, it's going to be a struggle for some people if they don't look at what they're doing wrong.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:17 AM   #7
Mermut

I'm running the zones on my coercer only in gear that will be available when the expac goes live... so nothing off any of the beta buffers.. just the freebie box, quest rewards and overland name drops.
Many of the names go down quickly and others do not. Without know exactly which mob I can just pop, my coercer can't run w/o a merc without risking a quick death. Unfortunate, but the way it is. I don't bother with any merc on my warden.. she's got her own heals and no merc brings enough dps to make it worth bothering with on any of my healers.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:00 AM   #8
Steelviper

It's not just a point about dps, the names also have certain scripts you got to follow, in order to be able to damage them again or avoid being one-shot etc. Since in PoP the Solo names aren't "solo" unlike in previous expacs but heroics with you being buffed a bit to match them instead, they take a while instead of being killed anywhere from 2 to 30 seconds, like we're used to from earlier, so watching the on-screen messages, the chat, and following scripts can be very essential.
Steelviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:33 PM   #9
Sambril

I entered this solo zone with my merc at 105 SK once I had access. I had sig line armor, but all my jewelry etc was my KA gear - a mix of crafted, advanced solo, relic and PQ. I did have the buff turned on.

I found it tedious in the extreme. The bosses were taking a very long time to die - 40 min or more each even while spamming my abilities. I got so bored on boss 2 that I afk'd for 30 min in the middle and came back to find my toon still hammering away and in no danger of dying. I gave up on the zone 20 min into boss 3 when it still had 2/3 health left (this one would not have been safe to afk).

Obviously with a higher level and better gear this zone will become easy, but it should be completable on-level with the provided gear in a reasonable time - 30 min max for the whole zone.

I am not a fan of the 'heroic zone with buff' mechanic. A solo zone should be just that - a zone with mobs tuned for solo play, not a 'one size fits all' buff to make my toon into a pseudo-heroic.
Sambril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:40 PM   #10
Shmogre

I definitely recommend doing at least one of the faction lines (if not all three) to get gear. The quests and merchants for each faction have upgrades to the KA gear that will help in the solo zones.

(There is also the added bonus of getting a lot of quest XP from the faction lines...I was able to hit 110 before finishing the three of them.)
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:36 PM   #11
Sambril

I finished one of the factions and hit up the merchant to improve my gear and went back into the zone - this time at 106 with 35k pot. At first I did not see much difference on boss 3 and when I mentioned it in chat Gninja dropped by to check on how I was doing - he said my dps was about 10% of what it should have been. He reset the boss and I was able kill it in few minutes - reasonable for the start of an xpac in the gear I have.

It turns out there had been an issue with mitigations in the zone which has now been fixed, but I was in an old version of the zone from pre-patch. I left the zone and reset to ensure that the other bosses would behave correctly.

Thanks Gninja
Sambril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:15 AM   #12
Merriel

Gearclaw the Collector is giving me serious issues. I was able to follow the scripts and take out the other bosses without a hitch, but with Gearclaw, when he gets to 25% hp, he one-shots me every single time, and if my merc rez'es me, he instantly shoots me down again, without any chance whatsoever for recovery.

I even went out of the zone, purchased all the adorns and upgraded gear I could (I already had better gear than what you can get from the merchants in most cases), and went so far as to do some reforging too (which I absolutely abhor doing), added adorns to my merc's gear, and still, same problem. I have and already had the three pieces of gear you get from House Vahla faction merchant.

I thought maybe I'm not turning the key often enough, so I even tried turning the key more often, but that didn't help either. Nothing I do prevents him from one-shotting me once he gets down to 25% hp. Very discouraging and this named doesn't feel at all like a solo zone mob.

Buff was on me in every one of these attempts. I am aware that the key is supposed to be turned each time his hp is lowered by another 25% so all total that should only involve turning the key three times, but it's not working. I think I turned the key like ten times in the last attempt, just to see if it would help. Perhaps if there were an on-screen message to indicate each time the key needs turned, it might be more helpful?

On a more positive note, I really enjoyed the challenge of all the previous bosses. I would really appreciate Gearclaw being adjusted to be more of a solo boss mob and stop one-shotting me (seriously, taking my death prevent and all my 10mil hp in one shot?...that's 20mil hp taken out instantly). :/

Never mind. Finally got it to work as intended. BigGrin
Merriel is offline   Reply With Quote