EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
Finora

Tester

Title says it all.

I have been waiting to get on test to copy a couple of characters to beta for a long while now. All the other servers have been up for sometime now, but test is still down.

Did someone forget to flip the switch? Or is something else going on with test?

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
Skeez1e

Tester

Come on guys, push the Test switch.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:25 AM   #3
Uwkete-of-Crushbone

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Title says it all.

I have been waiting to get on test to copy a couple of characters to beta for a long while now. All the other servers have been up for sometime now, but test is still down.

Did someone forget to flip the switch? Or is something else going on with test?

I hope it's just a switch; tried deleting my Launchpad.libs and restarting it, and a few other suggestions; doesn't seem to help.  I get past the "PLAYING" button (I don't Stream, and never will), the screen goes blank/dark, and just when it would bring up the splash page for Qeynos or whatever, instead I get a Microsoft Windows announcement, telling me it's pouting and unhappy and taking my EQ2 Application with it when it leaves in a huff (it does give me a file title where its report is, reluctantly, when I dig deep enough, but I can't find that anywhere in my directories).

I really do hope it's just a switch, or that we need to be Beta testing for the new expansion to be allowed in, or something ("Knock 3 times. Ask for Joe."), but it's aggravating. I just hope I can get in before Nights of the Dead are over, since I have native characters there. :-/

EDIT: HOO-DE-FREAKIN'-HOO!!!!! Got in! SMILEY

What I did: went into the actual directory where the TestServer files are, hit Everquest2.exe, and boom! No fancy bells 'n' whistles from Launchpad, none of that; a li'l window popped up once I got to the splash page (which was a hopeful sign in and of itself, but I still wasn't sure what server I was coming into) and asked for my password (it looked official, so I trusted it) and there I was, on Test! WOOT!! SMILEY

Uwk