EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Quests and Live Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
stevenbanks

Loremaster

This quest, in the Great Divide, requires players to kill some 'An armorclad ice urchin's for quest updates. I am not sure if I am the only one, but these guys have a pretty strong damage shield that hits you for over 1K damage each swing. I am not super geared, but I feel like I have decent gear for my level, and I nearly die after killing one of them. I am able to do it, but I feel like this should maybe toned down just a little bit.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:29 PM   #2
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

stevenbanks wrote:

This quest, in the Great Divide, requires players to kill some 'An armorclad ice urchin's for quest updates. I am not sure if I am the only one, but these guys have a pretty strong damage shield that hits you for over 1K damage each swing. I am not super geared, but I feel like I have decent gear for my level, and I nearly die after killing one of them. I am able to do it, but I feel like this should maybe toned down just a little bit.

Yeah they were brutal on beta as well, seems dual wielders really suffer on them. I ended up having a Fury help me out, but for a solo quest grabbing a caster shouldn't be a requirement.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:53 PM   #3
PotatoeGuru

Loremaster

stevenbanks wrote:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the new expansion pretty much negates the effectiveness of existing gear with the combo of stat simplification and the fact mobs now have the chance to perform critical attacks. [A lot of the newer gear does have +crit mitigation bonuses, so that should help some]

As for the high damage? Get used to it, I'm afraid. It only gets worse. 8(

Old 02-23-2011, 10:58 PM   #4
schizmark

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

stevenbanks wrote:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the new expansion pretty much negates the effectiveness of existing gear with the combo of stat simplification and the fact mobs now have the chance to perform critical attacks. [A lot of the newer gear does have +crit mitigation bonuses, so that should help some]

As for the high damage? Get used to it, I'm afraid. It only gets worse. 8(

Worse? Why is a tougher fight worse? At least you won't be bored in two weeks because you soloed the whole thing.  I'm glad someone finally gave the mobs teeth again; I was tired of being gummed.

schizmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:10 AM   #5
stevenbanks

Loremaster

I didn't say anything about difficulty. I truly am glad that some mobs are hitting harder, but there is a difference between a monster attacking me for a high amount, and a monster hurting me with a damage shield for every time I swing one of my dual wield swords. I have 15K hp on my brigand, and each time I hit the mob, it took 1/15th of my hp away. I can't really kill it without actually hitting it.

Mind you, I did manage to get my updates alone, but the fact that I had to run away and use my one measly ranged attack to finish them off because if I melee's it one more time the damage shield would kill me, is pretty lame. It is one of the beginning area quests so I am still decked out in SF gear.

As I said before, as a brigand, I can keep a mob from hitting me, but when my own attacks are costing me 1-2K health each, it gets a little ridiculous because a few times it ended up costing me my life.