EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-27-2015, 06:52 AM   #31
Mermut

Even that won't help much unless it's a focus item... because a secondary item in the ranged slot can't be used for auto-attack.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:53 PM   #32
Eliohia2

Thanks! I have like 5 or 6 of them left lol
Old 10-28-2015, 05:25 PM   #33
Petercorbin

I wasn't sure where to put this question, this seems to be the best fit in my opinion-

About the Faith/Deity new "exp" that you get from quests and adventuring and exploring etc... is there plans to add it to crafting as well? Like if you're level 100 at your tradeskill and have max tradeskill AAs, but continue to craft items that aren't trivial, can you get some Faith exp?
Old 10-28-2015, 05:40 PM   #34
Domino

Developer

The miracles you purchase are for combat use, not crafting, so I believe they will be earned through combat XP, not crafting.
Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:41 PM   #35
FriggaWitch

every mob you kill in the xpac gives you some tithe points you can use to infuse your gear, well so far ir has anyways.
FriggaWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:25 PM   #36
Sejreia

Guess what!? They are mushroom patches! I new they would be. Pretty awesome. I like the change BigGrin
Old 10-28-2015, 11:37 PM   #37
Xianthia

Thank you for reminding me to look for them! Looking forward to finding. (once I can log in that is...)
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:52 AM   #38
Mermut

The reward for doing the TS stuff on beta isn't a mount. The mount you got is probably just the quest reward.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:37 AM   #39
Tabri

I finished the tradeskill achievement on beta and on live I was actually at least able to /claim it although I doubt use it. This is probably not the right forum but I didn't know where else to ask, I finished the signature quest line on beta and received the mount reward there. Are mounts supposed to carry over to live now or we cant /claim or see them in the /claim area until the expansion?
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:13 AM   #40
Brax

Yesterday I completed the last crafting quest in Thalumbra and got the tradeskill beta reward. Lets have a look:

1 potion – sorry but thats a joke right? I got tons of these potion from my tradeskill apprentice
1 infuser – I’m a crafter. I can craft them.
1 coin – +25% tithe gain for 2 hours. Again I'm a crafter.

Thats three 1 charge items. I’m doing the beta for testing, not for rewards. But compared tot he adventurer rewards (two mounts) this seems not fair to me. If you find a better mount , you at least have a house item. Tradeskillers should get one permanent item too, so they can remember the beta.
Brax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:46 AM   #41
Lodrelhai

Yeah, if the rewards were why I were doing this, I wouldn't bother. Especially because I don't even bother with most current gear upgrade options like reforging and gem slots, and only with adornments or experimentation if it's a special piece for a high-level character. I don't even have a lvl 100 adventurer.

I appreciate that you are trying to give us something in recognition of our work. I just wish it felt more like actual appreciation? This is more like the mail-order fruitcake I get every year from that aunt I haven't spoken to in years.

Of course, it's made worse because we see the adventurer reward, and I love the way it looks. It would be PERFECT for one of my characters. But if I want it, I need to go do content I have very little interest in.
Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:38 PM   #42
Sigrdrifa

The "Tinkersmith's Prototype Eyepiece" that is given as a reward from the quest "The Man with the Tinkered Eye" doesn't have a worn appearance, or it's buggy.

I can don the item in my Appearance tab, but if I try to right-click the item from my inventory or from the Appearance to to display it in the Dressing Room window, nothing comes up. Also, the item doesn't become visible on my toon when worn.

However, if I right-click the item and open its Examine window, I can preview the item in the dressing room just fine (shades of Locutus!)

[IMG]
Old 10-31-2015, 10:26 PM   #43
Mermut

Would it be possible to make the Tranquil Censer of Confinement (priest version) go in the ranged or secondary slot rather then just the secondary slot? As it is now, it is completely useless to any priest that uses a 2-handed weapon, making it only useful to caster priests. If it was also placeable in the ranged slot, then melee priests would get a use out of it, though they would lose the ability to ranged auto-attack while it was equipped.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:14 PM   #44
Lodrelhai

Probably a stupid question, but... do you have your head gear option set to Hide Head Gear? Because I notice both the hat and glasses you're wearing are part of the character creation options for gnomes, not worn items.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:49 AM   #45
Rainmare

yeah I finished the Beta questlines to get the beta reward and the result is...disappointing is putting it mildly. 1 infuser for adventure gear, 1 potion of which I have hundreds becuase I have no use for them anymore but still like doing my apprentice dailies. anda tithe coin that's a 1 time, 2 hour bonus.

why didn't the TSers get a TS version of the spectral demon horse mount? or a TS flying snake?
Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:48 PM   #46
Ganador

Concur this is an issue for both priests and mages that use a 2-hander. Please make the censer both ranged/secondary so all priests and mages can use it.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:14 PM   #47
Xianthia

Will the Shady Swashbuckler in Nektulos carry the censer(s) after finishing the quest line? I checked and didn't see it.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:12 PM   #48
Moonpanther

I have to agree with that completely. I have to say I was rather let down that I have nothing permanent to show that I did beta test this xpac. At least for AOM tradeskillers got the carpet. The mount even if it was just appearance for tradeskillers or put harvesting bonuses on it would have been a much better award.
Moonpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 05:45 PM   #49
Domino

Developer

I've passed along this feedback for next time. It's worth pointing out however that the infuser is a special type that is different from crafted. The points added with this infusers are in their own unique pool that doesn't detract from either deity infusions or crafted/dropped item infusions, so if you do have a high level adventurer this should be quite a valuable and hard to obtain item.
Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:17 PM   #50
Rainmare

Oh I appreciate the infuser's ability..and I am sure my main toon/adventure toons will use it. I mention it mostly for the 'pure' crafters. for the pure crafter who doesn't adventure, the TS beta rewards at this point don't offer really anything. you don't get Tithe from crafting quests/combines, so that coin does nothing. pure crafters have hundreds of the progress potions just from doing their apprentice dailies. and the infusers are for adventuring only.

So if your say, a 100 crafter but a level 20 adventurer, then the beta reward pretty much doesn't exist for you. it offers absolutely nothing. I was hoping you might add a 'harvesting' version of say the flying snake or the spectral demon horse that's slightly better then the flying pack pegasus.
Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 06:00 AM   #51
Lodrelhai

Unfortunately all the rigamorole like infusing required to make gear usable has actually put me OFF high-end content - and if MC gear is lower-stat than handcrafted without tweaking, that whole rigamorole is required. I have 0 incentive currently to adventure through AoM, much less get to ToT. I bought the xpac for crafting, I hopped into beta for crafting, and this reward is basically telling us "Oh, yeah, thanks for the help, but you really should get to the real game now."
Old 11-15-2015, 06:13 PM   #52
Sambril

Doing the line on my SK/ weaponsmith I got the Empowered Censer of Containment. It is a VERY nice item, but unfortunately as it is secondary only I can't equip it and my Deadly Mixing Spoon at the same time, yet I have an empty ranged slot. Could you please consider making it secondary or ranged?
Sambril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:25 PM   #53
Sigrdrifa

You didn't do the Signature quest to get a class specific tradeskill one-hander in Sentinel's Fate?
Old 11-16-2015, 08:21 AM   #54
Sambril

True - I did that also and have Nurgg's Weapon Refinement [3% xp, escape], and in combination with the empowered censer [3% xp, 1% crit success, 5% progress plus other nice stuff like the fuel vendor] it is far better than just the spoon, but I did prefer the spoon [3% xp, 10% success] over the 1 hander. Honestly it's not a big deal either way, but I just thought it was a missed opportunity to use a slot not previously used for TS vs one that can be.

The Hardened censer is a very nice secondary however and I will certainly be using that quite a bit when harvesting and maybe even adventuring (though the block chance is low vs a real shield)., since when doing those tasks I like to have a bow equipped. It has most of the benefits of the empowered one (just losing the 3% xp which will have no effect at all until the next cap increase) and adds the power of a true level 100 adventuring item. The merc boost is really nice. While actually crafting though I would use the empowered one for power consumption / regeneration reasons.

Since the empowered one is not consumed when you get the hardened version, care would have to be taken to ensure that they did not stack if the slots were changed.
Sambril is offline   Reply With Quote