EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #31
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

Gninja wrote:

There are currently only two elite mercs in the world. But I highly doubt anyone would be able to camp them.

what two if your allowed to say? so i dont waste more hours chanceing after rumors of a drakota merc....

shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #32
Raknid

Loremaster

shadowscale wrote:

Gninja wrote:

There are currently only two elite mercs in the world. But I highly doubt anyone would be able to camp them.

what two if your allowed to say? so i dont waste more hours chanceing after rumors of a drakota merc....

The Nayad and Billy.

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #33
Absynthia
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Sweet Salvation

Blushing Fae

Knowing Gninja's sense of humor, its probably how many drinks are consumed at the bar in the zone lol.... knock one back for the mercs SMILEY

Wait... that may be a great idea... off to the pub

Old 12-20-2011, 06:44 PM   #34
Elomort

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

That is cool! I am glad they move around and are not fixed spawns.

I can now say  found mine right next to the nexus in Quelle'ule. Literally tripped over her when I zoned into the zone.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Elomort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #35
Bawang

Loremaster

The way these elite mercs were designed seems unfair to PvP players.  I know most people here don't care but I played on Naggy for a long time.  My point is that in PvP you're never caught dead with any platz on you (well, sometimes you are but you feel like an idiot afterwards).  Going around carrying platz on naggy, in the hopes of finding one of these rare creatures, will simply mean that your bank balance will slowly dwindle down to nothing.  So how are PvP players supposed to be able to hire these elite mercs?

Bawang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:37 PM   #36
Elomort

Loremaster

Bawang wrote:

So how are PvP players supposed to be able to hire these elite mercs?

I don't think mercs should be allowed in PvP at all, especially my 20-40K DPS Elite. I've done a few duels with her on Freeport and she can pretty much 2 shot a Drunder geared tank who isn't expecting it. That you can set her to protect you should mean anyone who tried to attack you in PvP is going to die.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #37
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

Bawang wrote:

The way these elite mercs were designed seems unfair to PvP players.  I know most people here don't care but I played on Naggy for a long time.  My point is that in PvP you're never caught dead with any platz on you (well, sometimes you are but you feel like an idiot afterwards).  Going around carrying platz on naggy, in the hopes of finding one of these rare creatures, will simply mean that your bank balance will slowly dwindle down to nothing.  So how are PvP players supposed to be able to hire these elite mercs?

who cares ?

they don't need to nerf pve content so it fits pvp.

if pvp players want and can afford the merc they will carry the plat on them. also with flying mounts its very easy to fly around and completely avoid pvp all together unless you want to fight.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:42 PM   #38
Midsong

Loremaster

Bawang wrote:

Wait. Hide. Kill the guy that actually brought money. Loot. Purchase?

It is a group game. Its dangerous to go alone. Take a party?

The enemy brought a party and you brought a party? PVP server action! Isn't this what you wanted? To the victor, the spoils.

Midsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #39
Ahlana

Loremaster

Midsong wrote:

Bawang wrote:

Wait. Hide. Kill the guy that actually brought money. Loot. Purchase?

It is a group game. Its dangerous to go alone. Take a party?

The enemy brought a party and you brought a party? PVP server action! Isn't this what you wanted? To the victor, the spoils.

+1

Old 12-22-2011, 06:03 AM   #40
Rectale

Seer

I k inda wish there were firmer details about the elite mercs. 

It might sound way lame of me, but at the moment, all i do is log in - do the apprentice speed up - ignore the pug raids (done 100+ times) ignore the group zone calls (all 2 of them, as I done them 300 times) then i fly around looking for an elite merc for a bit, get really really bored and log out.

Right now I am so upset about buying the worst expac I've EVER bought in ANY game over 10 years, and the elite merc thing is making it a lot worse.

Rectale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:30 AM   #41
Griffildur
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: First Lords

Loremaster

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

Gninja wrote:

2 for how many thousands (100s?) of players on a server, shoulda named them "Mythical Mercs".

it's probably hundreds. I am playing on Splitpaw and while it's not dead I am pretty sure it does not have thousands on at any given point in time SMILEY.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:23 AM   #42
Elomort

Loremaster

Rectale wrote:

i fly around looking for an elite merc for a bit, get really really bored and log out.

You have hit burnout very quickly, hardly more than a month.

You should ruminate on that closely.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #43
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Does anyone know the elite mercs 'names'?  They might show up on track and that would help some people.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #44
Catria

Loremaster

I've heard that they can't be tracked, but that might be a rumor.

Catria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #45
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

Elomort wrote:

Bawang wrote:

I don't think mercs should be allowed in PvP at all, especially my 20-40K DPS Elite. I've done a few duels with her on Freeport and she can pretty much 2 shot a Drunder geared tank who isn't expecting it. That you can set her to protect you should mean anyone who tried to attack you in PvP is going to die.

Dueling uses the pve rule set - pvp is a seperate ruleset mechanic.

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #46
Onorem

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

I've heard that they can't be tracked, but that might be a rumor.

I suppose I can only support the rumor part of it, but I do think that one of the webcasts had the specific question asked and answered and that they would not be trackable.

Not guaranteeing anything though.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:26 AM   #47
Rectale

Seer

So are they going to be implementing more elite mercs at some point? I seem to recall saying that lucan might be hireable if the price was high enough ^

And, anything anyone has to add on elites?

Rectale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #48
Nrgy

Lord

Why bother ... the cheap ones stink at DPS and the ones good at DPS are ultra expensive, especially when compared to the cost.  You can more easily hire a player that will do twice the DPS for half the cost.

Nrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:19 AM   #49
Deago

Loremaster

Soon im guessing elite mercs on sc for a sharp price tag.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #50
Spiratus
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Knights of the White Shield

Loremaster

Anyone actually found them? been looking for days now.. and I know other who have been looking for weeks..

Getting kind of silly tbh. The elite mercs was one of the things that was actually tempting about this so called expansion.

How rare are they supposed to be? and what's the point of them beeing so rare? If they are elite, why are they hiding? wouldnt they want to be found? this whole thing makes no sense.

Mercenaries were supposed to limit the time groups spent searching for people to fill up the groups no? well this isnt saving time.. this is hours, days or even weeks wasted looking for something that's apparently not likely to be found.

What's the point? 

Old 02-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #51
Spiratus
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Knights of the White Shield

Loremaster

Thread necro! 

This is getting kinda silly though.. please someone? some more info on these?

Getting REALLY tired of running around like a [censored] looking for them

Old 02-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #52
Caraz

Loremaster

I agree, its just stupid at this point. Might as well not exist if only 3 people on the server ever see one. Least give a few hints on how to trigger spawns if nothing else.

Caraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #53
Nerolathe
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Fates Journey

Loremaster

Or they can stay, you know, elite... I personally think you all are just going for an easier gameplay. I'd rather only 3 people to ever see them compared to half the server either camping for them, had one, and at least a quarter of the server with the elite mercs..

Nerolathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #54
Caraz

Loremaster

I bet a lot more people would raise cain if they did this with raid gear. All raid mobs henceforth drop legendary gear with a chance to drop 'elite' gear. You think people wouldnt be irate? They already farm drunder to death for the rare spawns in there. Elite means nothing more then 'another way to waste people's time'.

On a side note, I couldnt care less what the merc was or did, I just want the naiad model.

Caraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #55
Pengefinchess

Loremaster

Caraz wrote:

I agree, its just stupid at this point. Might as well not exist if only 3 people on the server ever see one. Least give a few hints on how to trigger spawns if nothing else.

i disagree, lets have at least 1 thing here thats rare and hard to get. Everythings being made too easy, ppl want things handed to them on a plate - heres the waypoint to the elite mercs, they spawn every 2 hours - enjoy!

Reply - every 2 hours! thats ridiculous! you said there was going to be no camping in this game soe!

Bring back ^^^ centaurs in TS who go aggro on you if you look at em wrong! Lets have a bit of danger!

*sits back and on buckles on his flame-proof hat*

Old 03-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #56
Arturoz
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Empire of the Shadow

Loremaster

eq2 is easier than eq1 sadly.   As for the pvp player whining about losing money, meh at least u lose something not like the old school UO where u lost everything on your body when u were in fel.  Now that was PVP not this care bear stuff you folks do now days.. "Oh my pretty little fabled i cant lose that wahhh mommie!!! they took my shiny gear make em stop!!!"  

Whatever, only difference between a pvp player now and a pve player is the ai, and even that can be debated to a degree with how much people rely on rotations /cough /cough human scripts /cough /cough, If you ask me every server should have a pvp area you go in there u flag u flag means u wanna fight.. you wanna fight means ur willing to lose everything that is on ur body armor money heck even ur mount.  if u got gold in ur teeth that gets yanked as well.  

kiddies now days ohhh i play pvp look at me mommie..  bah.

as for these rare mercs actually being in game..  i have yet to see one with a player let alone even see a screen shot of one in the game..  post a definative pic of a merc in the game or i call bullpucky..   You can say that you have one all you want.  Its like ur dating a hot model girl/guy that lives in another country.. ya right..   So for the people that are fortunate enough to actually have one of those mercs..  please shut me up i would like that.

Arturoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #57
Lempo

Loremaster

I agree with everything that you said until the last paragraph, I have saw someone on Everfrost with the Nyad merc, they are in the game and nothing needs to be done to tweak them to make them more available. If you don't believe they are in the game that is your choice.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #58
Peogia

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

Rectale wrote:

Are elites bugged? As in, there are only 2... and if one person has rented them, they are locked down and cant be used by anyone else? Getting pretty fed up up touring SF over and over looking for the nayad, and on the other account flapping around nek forest.

There have been sightings of both, but not for a while, so maybe there is a biug that they do not repop?

Lets just say these guys do not spawn the same way everything else does in game. So if they are not up in one place that doesn't really mean if you wait long enough they will show up. Multiple players can have them at the same time one player having one will not stop it from spawning somewhere for others to hire.

Gninja wrote:

Are they GM only spawned?

also read here no one els can find them either

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=513948

The FBI is encouraging users to visit a website run by its security partner, http://www.dcwg.org , that will inform them whether they're infected and explain how to fix the problem. After July 9, infected users won't be able to connect to the Internet.
Peogia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:35 AM   #59
Deago

Loremaster

I was sitting on the throne the other day thinking about a quested elite merc. 

Maybe it would not be such a bad idea to have an item drop off a heroic or even raid mob that you would examine and then return to the merc in question who then is so grateful (but not grateful enough to do it for free) to offer his services. Ex. "Oh you found lassie! Timmay here will sing about the great jumjum pie!"  aka elite dirge/troub etc..

I thought about this awhile seeing as an argument could surface regarding how you have to do group/raid content for a solo elite merc.  My regards on that is the same as heroic/raid gear...earned and raid gear already makes solo/group content much easier so *shrug*  The location to which those elite merc items are placed would create a influx of folks wanting to group in my opinion due to how the majority is wanting elites.'

Another thought was if new elites came in just have them refuse to do certain zones for the purpose of grouping in the new content etc...  You could literally have the merc pull a shadow (final fantasy 6 meme) and just leave the group saying "I am done for now..." or "I am not up for this adventure I will await your return..."  I realize that is sort of cheesey being an elite and all but you get the idea...  Regarding the dev work I believe check system for real toons regarding many aspects upon entering a zone is already in place so it may not be that time consuming to slap on a check for mercs.

Just ranting thoughts ...lol

You could also have potions drop or have them ....*gasp* crafted! (using a creative way) potions to boost the current mercs stats etc..  Could have a recharge on them like the current potions.  Ex. Extract of jumjum will boost the dps of the merc by 35% or something..  Course after awhile you might get 'stim junky mercs' ..."I need my jumjum man...forget the fees just give me some JUMJUM! "  SMILEY

Old 03-25-2012, 03:39 AM   #60
Peogia

Loremaster

Deago wrote:

I was sitting on the throne the other day thinking about a quested elite merc. 

Maybe it would not be such a bad idea to have an item drop off a heroic or even raid mob that you would examine and then return to the merc in question who then is so grateful (but not grateful enough to do it for free) to offer his services. Ex. "Oh you found lassie! Timmay here will sing about the great jumjum pie!"  aka elite dirge/troub etc..

I thought about this awhile seeing as an argument could surface regarding how you have to do group/raid content for a solo elite merc.  My regards on that is the same as heroic/raid gear...earned and raid gear already makes solo/group content much easier so *shrug*  The location to which those elite merc items are placed would create a influx of folks wanting to group in my opinion due to how the majority is wanting elites.'

Another thought was if new elites came in just have them refuse to do certain zones for the purpose of grouping in the new content etc...  You could literally have the merc pull a shadow (final fantasy 6 meme) and just leave the group saying "I am done for now..." or "I am not up for this adventure I will await your return..."  I realize that is sort of cheesey being an elite and all but you get the idea...  Regarding the dev work I believe check system for real toons regarding many aspects upon entering a zone is already in place so it may not be that time consuming to slap on a check for mercs.

Just ranting thoughts ...lol

You could also have potions drop or have them ....*gasp* crafted! (using a creative way) potions to boost the current mercs stats etc..  Could have a recharge on them like the current potions.  Ex. Extract of jumjum will boost the dps of the merc by 35% or something..  Course after awhile you might get 'stim junky mercs' ..."I need my jumjum man...forget the fees just give me some JUMJUM! " 

How do you obtain an Elite Mercenary under the current system

I camped the waypoints posted in forum and on zam all weekend and nothing

The FBI is encouraging users to visit a website run by its security partner, http://www.dcwg.org , that will inform them whether they're infected and explain how to fix the problem. After July 9, infected users won't be able to connect to the Internet.
Peogia is offline   Reply With Quote