EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > General Tech Support Questions
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
FrostLord

Loremaster

Hello,

I'm new to all of this and apologize if this is the wrong place for this problem. I seem to be having trouble with the Station launcher. It begins to update about a 4mb file and then I get this:

"There was a problem moving C:Program Files (x86)Sony Online EntertainmentInstalled GamesEverQuest IIlp_tempEverQuest2.exe_delta_8856_309.patched to C:Program Files (x86)Sony Online EntertainmentInstalled GamesEverQuest IIEverQuest2.exe. Please make sure the game is not running".

I've rebooted my system to start fresh and it still errors.

I can still run the game from the actual application .exe but am worried I'm missing some sort of fix, etc. with the launcher.

Thanks

FrostLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:02 AM   #2
Wingrider01

Loremaster

If windows 7 or vista, try right click run as administrator

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:33 AM   #3
Paragodd

I'm still getting the same error even when running in admin.  Any other fixes?

Paragodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:56 PM   #4
RingleToo

Loremaster

Lots of posts about this...a lot of them mine lol I was pulling my hair out over this, and I don't have a lot of hair to pull out to begin with. I finally came across this fix posted by a TSR in another thread:

1. Right click on the program launch icon2. Left click on "Properties".3. In the new window that pops up click on the "Compatibility" tab.4. Under "Privilege Level" make certain that the box next to "Run this program as administrator" is checked.5. Click on "Apply" then click on "Ok".6. Right click on the icon and select "Run as Administrator"

That got me up and running. I knew from other posts that I needed to right click the EQII icon and "Run as Administrator". I didn't know that I also had to do steps 2 thru' 5 - and feeling pretty silly now. This should work for Vista and Windows 7 (I have Win 7).

Whoever that TSR was that posted that fix I love you!

That fix needs to be copy/pasted and stickied.

At the least, we should have just one thread for this problem

Old 02-26-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
FrostLord

Loremaster

Thanks guys! I'll give the fixes a try. SMILEY

Old 02-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #6
FrostLord

Loremaster

OK, at first RingleToo's suggestion didn't work. That is until I rebooted. All works well and fine now. Hope it helps everyone. SMILEY

Old 02-26-2010, 09:50 PM   #7
TSR-DanielH

Customer Service

If you're experiencing this problem and it's persisting after trying the steps mention above then a firewall is usually the cause.  Please open the exception list for your firewall and delete any entries that contain the words Everquest 2, EQ2, Launchpad, or Voiceservice.  Then rerun the patcher(right click an run as administrator if using Windows 7 or Vista).  Whenever prompted make sure to select 'allow'.  That should refresh the firewall entries and will correct the problem in most cases.  Let us know if the problem persists at that point.

Technical Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment
TSR-DanielH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:44 PM   #8
Lysdora
Server: Storms
Guild: Les larmes du soleil

Loremaster

Hello , Ty Wingrider01 it resolve the same problem for me

Lysdora is offline   Reply With Quote