EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-17-2008, 12:02 AM   #1
*Deltar*

Fansite Staff

Greetings Fellow Norrathians!

I am proud to announce after much hard work and arm twisting ( hehe not really but it sounded good ), EQ2 Markets now has a link on the official EQ2players.com site. I want to say thanks to the community admins Gnobrin and Grimwell for making that happen.

For those of you who may not have visited or heard of EQ2Markets.com before, we are the only website that has compiled an extensive database of prices from in game sales of items. The prices are compiled from player submitted store logs as well as individually submitted prices. This makes our database subject to the age-old fan site problem of it being only as good as community makes. That having been said we have done quite well compiling over 630 thousand prices on more than fourteen thousand unique items. But the site is not quite where I want it to be. When I launched the site I set a goal of equaling the number of price points that eqprices.com, a community supported price site for eq1 ( that has unfortunately disappeared from the internet ) that at one time was considered THE authority on in game item prices for eq1. They had over 800k prices before the site shut down about a year ago. So I still have a ways to go but you would be surprised how few people have actually contributed to my Database. If 10 players from each server uploaded a good size log file ( 3 to 6 months of selling), I think the site would easily reach the million price mark. Though it is not as though we haven’t been growing. We have added almost 200000 new price points and 2000 items since RoK was launched back in November. Thanks again to all the community members who contribute and make the site what it is.

A couple quick questions that come up. Forums… where are they? I don’t have forums anymore. When I did have them the only one using them were me and the forum bot posters… I am sure you know what I am talking about. If you have a question or suggestion, you can reply here, pm me, or send me an email (see my sig). Do you support the non North American Servers? Unfortunately I have received logs from the non-English servers and there is not much I can do with them. Prices for items from those servers can still be entered manually. “I looked for item xyz but didn’t find any prices. Why?” There are many reasons the most common is the name is misspelled. There are no items named bornze cluster, palladium clusters, or app iv in the game nor in my database. ( These are all recent example of searches that were done that yielded no results). Also if you want a generic entry like pristine long sword ( this will produce no results ) use long sword instead or use a wild card entry % like this: pristine % long sword ( this will produce many results ). IS the site free? Yes!

Well that’s all I have for now. Come visit the site, upload your store log file, and tell your friends and guild mates about us. Thanks again to all the community members who have already contributed and especially those who have continued to do so. You are the ones who make the site what it is.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:14 PM   #2
Hekynn

Loremaster

Ya the broker prices are freaking insane ;(
Old 01-17-2008, 01:30 PM   #3
LadyAnnaAnna

Loremaster

Is there a way on your site to see the average price for a particular item with just the data from my server, instead of the average price of all servers?I personally believe that each server is it's own, unique economy.  While the external pressures may be the same (i.e. if tradeskills started using 10x the components they do now), the way each server handles it is distinct.  If your site only shows average prices for all servers combined, that would kind of encourage a single pan-server economy.  I don't know if I'm comfortable with that idea =/.  It would be a very artificial thing because people cannot sell across servers.
LadyAnnaAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:33 PM   #4
feldon30

Fansite Staff

Click "Search Again" and you have the option of picking a specific server.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #5
*Deltar*

Fansite Staff

LadyAnnaAnna wrote:
Is there a way on your site to see the average price for a particular item with just the data from my server, instead of the average price of all servers?I personally believe that each server is it's own, unique economy.  While the external pressures may be the same (i.e. if tradeskills started using 10x the components they do now), the way each server handles it is distinct.  If your site only shows average prices for all servers combined, that would kind of encourage a single pan-server economy.  I don't know if I'm comfortable with that idea =/.  It would be a very artificial thing because people cannot sell across servers.
Yes.  The simple one line search form on the main page is just a quick search tool that defaults to all prices from all servers. If you click on "search again" on the results page or if you click on "search for a price" on the left side navigational menu you will be taken to the main search form page, http://eq2markets.com/basic_search_form.php , and from there you can narrow your search. Filters include server, market, time frame, and price range and results can be sorted either alphabetically or by Volume( number of price points) for items returned by the search.Hope that helps.