EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-25-2007, 09:50 AM   #1
sprogn

General

Was playing my 33 Troub today and two little 27 slayers in Stormhold decided to have a potshot at me.  I half health the first one and he takes off for the zone.  He stands at the zoneline jumping up and down like crazy - and then he dies.

Other guy who had been attacking me all the while I was killing his buddy starts hugging the zoneline, I land a couple of good nukes and he realises what's up, he takes off but it's too late, never run from a bard SMILEY

<3 Nozone in combat.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:09 AM   #2
Bozidar

Loremaster

No one yet.  There was a green exile who might have been, but i'm not sure.  I engaged him and tested the zone line thing and was a little annoyed that i didn't get bumped back SMILEY  Someone killed him shortly after that, so i didn't get to try it again, but i was a little let down..
Bozidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:13 AM   #3
Rattfa
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Purity

General

owned SMILEY

Rattface, 80 Fury - Nagafen
Rattfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:31 AM   #4
Splintered

Loremaster

I like theno zoning... but one thing that sucks for those of us who can't track.. if your engaged with a mob and someone sneaks up.. if they attack, theres no zoning, even if you never attack them back.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:48 AM   #5
Strums

Loremaster

Out in sinking sands yesterday I was chasing a 69 champ scout around for about an hour....everytime I would engage he would evac. 

Then, I waited for him to engage one of the bots that harvest rocks allday in sinking sands and I got a attack off on him.  He killed the bot, then ran right for the POF zone line...it bounced him back and he started heading twords twin tears.  I finaly caught up to him and got the kill.

Old 05-25-2007, 12:00 PM   #6
kreepr

General

Nice so you trapped him in the zone and killed him when he had not attacked you.
kreepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:01 PM   #7
Bozidar

Loremaster

kreepr13 wrote:
Nice so you trapped him in the zone and killed him when he had not attacked you.
He engaged in pvp combat.. his own fault he didn't see the above person on track and think twice..
Old 05-25-2007, 12:25 PM   #8
kreepr

General

Worded it wrong, meant it from a point of he did not attack you back and was not able to zone. You are supposed to be able to zone unless you attack said person gaining hate from them. At least that's how I gather its supposed to work. If so then its not working as intended and needs fixed.
kreepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:27 PM   #9
Leorange

Loremaster

Splintered wrote:
I like the no zoning... but one thing that sucks for those of us who can't track.. if your engaged with a mob and someone sneaks up.. if they attack, theres no zoning, even if you never attack them back.

LOL! You really really have to think twice - or even more times - before you start pve'ing on a pvp server now ey SMILEY

hehehe

As a I-must-look-around-360-all-day mage I can tell, this is the 24/7 adrenaline we wanted. Ok, unless you are tracker, then its still the same laid back game hihi

Old 05-25-2007, 12:54 PM   #10
shalom

Loremaster

sprognak wrote:

Was playing my 33 Troub today and two little 27 slayers in Stormhold decided to have a potshot at me.  I half health the first one and he takes off for the zone.  He stands at the zoneline jumping up and down like crazy - and then he dies.

Other guy who had been attacking me all the while I was killing his buddy starts hugging the zoneline, I land a couple of good nukes and he realises what's up, he takes off but it's too late, never run from a bard SMILEY

<3 Nozone in combat.

Some greys in CazilThule....jumped like a flea....why do they jump? Is it the 'bounce back'? or them trying to get out?

Old 05-25-2007, 12:57 PM   #11
Strums

Loremaster

kreepr13 wrote:
Worded it wrong, meant it from a point of he did not attack you back and was not able to zone. You are supposed to be able to zone unless you attack said person gaining hate from them. At least that's how I gather its supposed to work. If so then its not working as intended and needs fixed.
When he engaged the farmer, I attacked him, so while I was engaged with him, he was using combat arts, their for locking him in combat.  Now I do believe he also might have hit me with an AE, but im not 100% on this.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:57 PM   #12
Bozidar

Loremaster

i'm interested to see what will happen in those zones where you jump through a hole in the environment and get zoned out.  what happens if you're engaged in pvp first? SMILEY
Old 05-25-2007, 01:04 PM   #13
sprogn

General

Bozidar wrote:
i'm interested to see what will happen in those zones where you jump through a hole in the environment and get zoned out.  what happens if you're engaged in pvp first? SMILEY
Wow, the fix isn't even in for 24 hours and people are already trying to exploit it...
Old 05-25-2007, 01:14 PM   #14
Bozidar

Loremaster

sprognak wrote:
Bozidar wrote:
Wow, the fix isn't even in for 24 hours and people are already trying to exploit it...

Ahh.. i see.  I bring up a legitimate point, and you try to call me an exploiter.  know what gfys stands for? SMILEY

I was doing disco on my 20 brig and zoned when i fell through.. i'm curious as to how no-zoning will work in that case.  pardon me for thinking logically along the lines of what no-zoning affects..

Old 05-25-2007, 01:25 PM   #15
sprogn

General

Bozidar wrote:
sprognak wrote:
Bozidar wrote:

Ahh.. i see.  I bring up a legitimate point, and you try to call me an exploiter.  know what gfys stands for? SMILEY

You first SMILEY  (No comment on the filter not picking that up....)

I was doing disco on my 20 brig and zoned when i fell through.. i'm curious as to how no-zoning will work in that case.  pardon me for thinking logically along the lines of what no-zoning affects..

Fair do's.  Was thinking more along QH and Majdul where people earn reputations entirely based on their ability to fall through the world at a convenient moment...

Old 05-25-2007, 01:30 PM   #16
Bozidar

Loremaster

sprognak wrote:

You first SMILEY  (No comment on the filter not picking that up....)

Right, and then i'd NEVER level any of my guys -- i'd have no time for it.