EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
Ravenwolf_Foxtra

So, we here in thePS community of players want to know, is planetside next/ planetside 2 going to be talked about, shown, featured, ect. Any news that we WILL be getting? Is going to fan fare for us Planetside players going to be even worth it? I want to go and would like to know more.

Ravenwolf_Foxtra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
P149

i dont even think they care they say Planetside will be represented but by what? a banner?

P149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:44 AM   #3
Kela

Master

I am sure a number of people that once worked on Planetside will be there, as for the next version of it. My understanding is it is still in the brainstorming stages so I seriously doupt we would see anything concrete on the subject for a long time yet.

Though it is entirely possable that they could adapt The Agency's combate/graphics engine to Planetside 2 wich would speed up development consiterably...one would think.

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:20 PM   #4
gr

i've been a station/soe member since 2005, and the one thing i've always wondered about planetside is, will it ever be free to play. and i think that would make a great holiday release for planetside to bring in more people and even sales with the aftershock expansion. please soe guys, or anyone how may read this... please make planetside free to play, it's going to be 8 years from it's original release next year,(which is only a few weeks away). that would make me, and thousands of others very happy. have a happy christmas SMILEY

gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #5
Kela

Master

grey wrote:

i've been a station/soe member since 2005, and the one thing i've always wondered about planetside is, will it ever be free to play. and i think that would make a great holiday release for planetside to bring in more people and even sales with the aftershock expansion. please soe guys, or anyone how may read this... please make planetside free to play, it's going to be 8 years from it's original release next year,(which is only a few weeks away). that would make me, and thousands of others very happy. have a happy christmas

In order to make PS F2P it needs some other form of revenue stream, they tried in-game advertising, but just by the age of the ads in the game you know how well that worked. So the next option would be a Cashstore, the issue with that is the only thing of value in game currently(and they would have to atleast start there) is you charactor's level, or to be more persise the number of point that can be allicated to verious equipment masteries. Do you really want to allow people to buy Maxed toons from SoE? Cause that is really the only thing they could sell, without a major and costly revamp of the game, that would alienate a good number of the few remaining players.

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote